Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I have not played this game since around right before when the Raid was released, more or less. I play a bit post-Raid but never did the raid itself (my gaming time is very fragmented these days). I do not own Warlords of NY expansion.

How fun/playable is this game solo or with random pubbie groups and without the expansion? Is everyone in the NYC content these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

hmm, ok. thanks. is the infographic in the OP still good advice for returning players without the expansion, but who might get the expansion?

or is there a better guide on reddit or something for returning players?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

anime tupac posted:

Skill builds when you're either leveling or at 6 skill slots at max are fun because you just launch your poo poo and everyone says their dumb barks and explodes, and it's especially fun with True Sons because they're so arrogant. "Hey AGENT, I'm gonna GBLARRRGH" and everyone blows up due to your rolly mines

skill builds are good now? are they competitive in missions at max level?

I am an older gamer now and don't want to aim and mouse-click as much as I used to but I'm happy to lob stuff vaguely near enemies

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I'm reading the SOTG notes from this week on reddit.

Div2 has "seasons" now? With unlockable skills and special loot?

What happens if you missed a prior season -- can you still get the items or skills from the season which has ended? How are season transitions handled, generally?

edit: lol you have to buy passes for each season?

pmchem fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Sep 18, 2020

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Olds posted:

The "premium" pass is mostly a track to gain cosmetics and maybe a few more loot boxes. The cosmetics are (like most Division 2 cosmetics) ugly and unlikely to be seen due to the obscenely large body armors and backpacks that block your view (maybe it'll be partially fixed by transmogrification mods in TU11). The regular "free" season pass offers a couple extra lootboxes and crafting blueprints.

Seasons are roughly 3 months long with rotations of manhunt activities (a mix of capturing control points, doing bounties, selected missions, then the designated bounty target), "league" (doing selected missions in time trial format plus some sort of counting activity), and "Global Event" (a togglable global modifier that affects gameplay and gives rewards based on doing certain grindy activities under said modifier). On the last target, after doing the rotations manhunt, you get the mission of the final target, which has been a remix of an existing mission so far. The mission unlocks the skill variant of the season. So far, there's been a week between the previous season's final activity and the next season's start, which they've filled by simply extending the deadline of taking down the previous season's target till the start of the new season.

So far each season they've introduced new gear, gearsets, and exotics. The "free season" track usually offers set of the new gear sets and a copy of the season's exotic, and completing the final mission of the manhunt season will also usually drop the same exotic. However, with exception of the exotic the new stuff is immediately added to the regular drop pool, and the season's exotic is added to the loot pool after you've unlocked it in the "free" season pass.

Very informative post, thank you! So, I have not played in several months and have missed all the seasons. I might make the start of season 3.

If I start in season 3, will I somehow be able to acquire the exotic from season 2? Your post mentions it only gets added to the loot pool after you unlocked it in the free season, but I would have missed the free season.

You also mention the mission unlocking the skill variant of the season. If you miss the season, how do you acquire the prior season's skill variant in the next season?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ok, I'm sold, I'll buy WONY and check out this new season. Good posts.

I have a few L30 characters and a poo poo-ton of WT5 gear, tons of L30 exotics, etc. Is there any reason to save any of that stuff since it will be replaced by L40 gear? Save exotics to re-roll L40 exotics, or save other gear to extract stuff (recalib is different than it was a year+ ago?)?

I am happy to deconstruct or sell it if it's worthless but would be mad if I ended up wanting to have saved it.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

update on my posts from the prior page:

this game is good. it's much better than it was a year or year and a half ago. $14.99 for expansion was well spent.

A++ dystopian loot shooter.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

also, the PC clan seems to still have a few open spots? if anyone is rejoining the game and wants in, definitely check out the discord link in OP

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

what's the advantage of global difficulty "hard" vs. normal? the tooltips don't say you get any increased xp or loot

edit: also, it looks like the global modifiers were changed in TU11? or maybe are just different between NY and DC? I don't see something for not starting w/ armor kits in NY

pmchem fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Sep 22, 2020

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

free weekend of division 2 if anyone reading this wants to try the game on uplay

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

that bug does not occur for me, guess I'm lucky. I did reinstall recently for the first time in a year. who knows

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

is there a list somewhere of what weapons map to what gear brands for tailored loot? I notice that I have a ton of sokolov drop while wielding a SMG. but I dont really want sokolov, so I want to swap weapons. I want wyvern and hana and other skill build gear -- so what weapon to use?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Olds posted:

The gear you're wearing doesn't influence your drops, as vyst said. Each zone will have a targeted brand or armor type assigned to it daily. You can check the division subreddit; someone will usually post the daily target loot map for the day.

bizarro land, I just looted a poo poo ton of sokolov stuff today. I guess I was in soko areas. thanks

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Psion posted:

thankfully these leagues offer 120 possible points worth of challenges and only 60 are required to cap the rewards so, whatever

wait, what? I only see 60 points worth of challenges. but this is my first season, returning to game after a year. do new challenges show up next week or w/e but progress on the same, in-progress rewards track?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

is there an efficient way to farm credits other than by selling gear to vendor?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ygolonac posted:

..., first foray into the Dark Zone (NE) was quick'n'dirty, managed to clear one supply drop and extracted three items with almost no enemies (big loving change from Div1 *COME MURDER ME HERE* extractions) and even avoided whatever rogue agent was over at the landmark near the exit door.

Asking the thread generally, how is the DZ these days? Easy to farm or pvp / hacker nightmare?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

tweet my meat posted:

Skills are absolutely amazing right now.

Run 3 piece hard wired, 1 piece wyvern, 2 piece hana u with a gun that has the in sync talent if you wanna sleepwalk through content with an assault drone and turret.

I recently got back into the game and am doing something similar-ish to that. 3 pc HW, 1 pc wyvern, 1 pc hana-u. Kinetic and tech support talents on the gear set chest/pack. But for my last piece, I went 1-pc Belstone for the armor bonus (blue item, running technician to get to skill tier 6) and +1% armor regen. The sustain and extra armor is really nice to keep rolling through content. I recal'd +10% skill dmg on every piece and have like +80% skill haste and one gear mod with skill duration. Some random guns with in-sync to top it off, they hardly matter (gun dmg wise).

I can easily solo heroic stuff now, but, have not tried legendary with this kit.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

squirrelzipper posted:

Oh neat, that's useful for pretty much all my builds.

its bonus does not apply when holstered

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

did the legendary Roosevelt today with some random mm'd pubs, my first legendary mission

that was a big step up from heroic. the ending was like, wtf, basically one way to beat it

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Morter posted:

What do you mean by 'one way'? I have an idea but I just wanna make sure i'm not misreading it.

for the opening we did turrets over the ramp like olds said, but for the boss part of it we went into the boat and set up turret camp. I can't imagine surviving outside the boat walls during the boss phase

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I've never done a raid (mainly because it's hard to block off 2+ hours consecutively)

should I do a raid if I have the time? is any loot there extremely overpowered / necessary for endgame summit level 100 builds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

what's the optimization station do? was that a D1 thing?