Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I read that entire post and if you donít too you might be a jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

ICR posted:

Personally, I am going to probably do this. I just want to play to see what it's like with the changes. Also, there's new character customization options too, and I must be the prettiest in all the land of DC.

Same but I am probably going to get to level 40 first and then slowly work my back through with a new character since I am inevitably going to delete at least one of my mules, if not all 3, once the recalibration library starts.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Free fast travel and restock though!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Regular strikers in Div 1 wasnít really a problem, it was the classified bonuses that made it really crazy until the nerf. You were rewarded with enough weapon damage to more than make up for whatever amount of Stamina you had, which make you tankier not only in having more health but by the health regeneration being a % of the more health.

With the core attribute system I wouldnít be surprised if Division 2 Strikers is more of a glass cannon.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

GreatGreen posted:

So you know how you can pick up the Hive when you're done using it?

Can you do that with other skills like the Drone or Turret? Pick them up and pack them away instead of blowing them up so you don't have to go on full cooldown I mean.

Itís been a while since I used a turret with ammo (sniper/mortar) but I donít think you pick those up. You definitely canít pick the drone up like the hive. However if you hold the deploy button to deconstruct a turret or drone before the full duration expires or before you use all its ammo you get a reduced cooldown. I think itís half of what your full cooldown is. Even if you do it a second before it would have popped on itís own or with a single shot remaining you get the reduced cooldown.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Hollandia posted:

Where the hell is this game $3? I haven't played in a while and wanted to rope in a slightly reluctant friend.

Everywhere as far as I know. Uplay/Epic Store for PC.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Hunters love displaying their festive lights though.

Their festival is putting an axe in your skull

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

AggroJagg posted:

So Iím still super early game, took the oxidiser as a first skill, anything pair really well with it for a second skill? A turrets maybe or the revive hive?

You'll want the revive hive on you almost at all times as it basically acts as an extra life. It'll deploy automatically if you die outside the DZ or Conflict and then go on cooldown. This will consume all its charges no matter how many you have on it but it'll save you.

Edit: I think if an NPC in the DZ kills you it still works?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Oxidizer's not bad at all when you're leveling up but as soon as you hit World Tiers its effectiveness starts dropping even with high skillpower. You need to have multiple clouds covering a single area to do appreciable damage. Sometimes you get lucky and enemies will run out of the cloud only to run back in because their AI is telling them that's still the best cover but at the (current) end game its best use is gassing spawn doors with a few charges.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

Does marking for recalibration even do anything right now?

Where is this DARPA mission that's blocked off for the weekly challenge?

I swear when the expansion drops I'm going to get through an entire podcast just trashing gear.

Marking for recalibration protects an item from being recycled as junk or sold as junk at a vendor. It doesnít protect it from being donated for a daily or weekly project.

The DARPA mission is one of the two Pentagon area missions added last episode. If itís blocked off that means you havenít done the Pentagon mission before it to unlock it. The Pentagon is on the southwest off of the main map.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Itís been fun dismantling and selling EVERYTHING that drops these past few days.

Since they havenít said anything about pieces with good rolls weíre getting now having any greater chance of being good after the patch Iíve just assumed everything has the same chance. Unless something is a direct upgrade to something Iím already wearing itís trash.

I have bought the expansion so I could probably get rid of everything once I travel to New York and get some level 31 stuff. Buuuut since the recalibration libraries are going to be different I know there is some small incredibly stupid part of me that wants to fill out the WT5 library and will be annoyed seeing the small numbers.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If the expansion continues the trend of forcing ďstoryĒ difficulty for the first time through a mission Iím betting youíll be fine no matter what you have.

jabro posted:

Iím only keeping things with perfect talents to get them in the recalibration pool after the patch.

Unless theyíve said otherwise and I missed it I believe Perfect talents are still going to be stuck on whatever they come on.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Are there grenade variations ala Borderlands? I haven't seen any drop yet (15 levels in) but I see that the grenades are an equippable item in the inventory.

Until you finish the level 1-30 story and unlock specializations in World Tier 1 youíll only have regular grenades. Each specialization has its own unique grenade in addition to regular grenades but you have to switch between them in your inventory menu, not on the fly.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

Without seeing the new weapon talents and the rolls on Striker, it's hard to say. In TD1, you wanted nothing in electronics, just enough FA to trigger your weapon talents, and dump the rest into STA.

Thatís how it was with the Classified Striker set with its health regeneration bonus but while Division 2 Striker is slightly different it is pretty much the regular Striker set, which only had the weapon damage stacks. That was more flexible is how you could apply it without losing the entire point of using it in the first place.

That said which core attributes are on which armor pieces will mostly determine what you can do with Division 2 Striker.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

nerdz posted:

and you can recalibrate core attributes so colors don't really matter

Oh? Iíve been assuming they were going to be fixed because otherwise what would be the point of only giving certain cores to certain brands/models.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

After playing around with Firewall some more this seems like another case of Gunner. You get some really good bonuses but the special weapon itself is pretty bad. Firewall really meshes well with a couple of my builds that rely on health regen, either through Clutch or On Kill, and an additional 30% health on kill on top of that really helps. Thatís 80% health back per kill on my solo Berserk AR build (Restorative, 3 piece Fenris, Firewall bonus).

Too bad it all goes away after the weekend

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

IllegallySober posted:

So up to this point (Level 17) Iíve just been choosing my body equips by armor stat, keeping the highest number and getting rid of everything else. Am I loving things up or are you guys primarily talking about endgame stuff?

That was end game stuff, kind of. Specializations donít unlock until you finish the Levels 1-30 story by beating the Capital stronghold. You arenít quite at the end game immediately after that but itís a ďversionĒ of the end game, in a sense.

In any case no you arenít loving anything up and thatís exactly how you should be treating gear until you reach World Tier 5. If you have the expansion that will change next week but for now it applies.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

You should be able to buy it on uPlay if you want. ďRequires base gameĒ is probably just a warning everyone sees so they donít buy something they canít use.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The dust storm is pretty good, yeah. Itís the weather effect in my head for a new survival mode. Wind kicks up a bunch of settled DC-62, call it a DC-62 storm or something.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I donít understand that because I have had games I bought on Steam registered on uplay and I can reinstall them normally through uplay if I wanted but I guess if thatís what they say then thatís what they say.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Locator posted:

Played for a couple hours and man has stuff changed. Basic game is still the same, but lots of talent changes on my gear that pretty well hosed my AR/LMG build, even though I can still get through CP's and stuff reasonably well. Making talents 'unique' is certainly a big change and I had Hard Hitting stacked on my build so 4 or 5 of my active talents were just plain not doing anything as they were duplicate uniques. Also some of the talents clearly have different activation requirements now as a couple of them either had too many or too few of whatever color thingie they needed to be active.

Went ahead and spent the $3 extra on the new expansion to 're-buy' the game through ubi, and then grabbed the 1yr pass for $12 to unlock the new specializations so I don't have to grind them.

Once the new expansion is in place and I have a chance to play I'll see if there are any super-casual friendly goon guilds with openings, as I tend to play fairly sporadically in short bursts and solo, so I would contribute to the numbers needed for guild stuff, but not so much in grouping.

Get ready to rebuild everything again in a day.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

Are talents on gear going to be static? Like, every Fenris chest piece will always have the same talent?

No. The ďcore attributeĒ will be but everything else is random. Also you can overwrite the core Iím told.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If you played Division 1 there was at least 1 echo that explained whatís in Central Park, we just havenít seen it. Itís where all the dead bodies in New York got shipped to until there werenít enough people left to keep moving them. So all those piles of body bags in the northern part of the Division 1 DZ? Thatís just a teaser.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

Haven't got time for 160 new posts but I thought this was out tomorrow? I was still wrapping up all the pre-expansion off-map missions and just finished the zoo last night!

Edit: Wow my Fill 'Er Up build is totally hosed with no warning, thanks team.

Thereís been warning for at least a couple months now. However there was no indication on what to do to avoid it so pretty much the same result.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Green amor value definitely does exceed even the best yellow but if youíve got some high damage rolls on your armor you probably wonít start exceeding those until a few levels into NY. The damage on the guns themselves starts to become noticeably higher after a couple levels.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

beats for junkies posted:

You only got one of the SHD tech, which means you didn't finish the district liberation project. That's why the safehouse person isn't talking to you. It's not a bug, it's just not explained very well.

Unless I'm misreading you and you did finish the project and they still won't talk to you. In which case, that bug is annoying.

The bug is that after doing the first investigation mission of a district you get directed toward the safe house, when you get there you have to talk to the ďcommunity leaderĒ to unlock the next mission. At the moment it is very common for a player to not be able to activate the next mission.

Digital Osmosis posted:

So around when, level wise, will I have to ditch my build for 30+ equipment? I only just started but at 31 is still seems like keeping my level 30 Ongoing Directive / Sadist in place of equipping new random greens is absolutely the right move.

Also, how does turbocharge work? I had six yellow skill talents and the technician skill giving me one more skill level but it didn't seem activate. I assume it's something like six talents and then something proccing to give you a temporary +1 skill level?

The extra skill level from Technician is a LOT less useful than the extra skill power was, but still an extra core attribute's an extra core attribute. I'm also still using the pulse laser attachment despite Spotter being removed from the game... idk, I just like knowing where my enemies are. I should probably switch to Gunner or something, even though I'm still enjoying Technician - right? Maybe Demo for the special weapon?

Overcharge is a talent thing. Check the calibration library, you may not have the talent yet but the descriptions are still in there.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Spotter still exists, just not on a mask (obviously), and it now increases skill damage as well. Perfect Spotter could be out there too.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah, thereís like 3 of them on buildings and I can see a bunch of rappelling ropes at various points but no actually way to get up.

At least a few of the ones in New York Iíve done require you to shoot down a rappelling rope or knock down some debris to make a bridge. If a rappelling point has a smaller yellow ball on the end of the larger orange part you can shoot it to make it drop. Itíll explode if you shot the right thing/can actually shoot it.

One of the ropes I needed to shoot was something like 125 meters away from the cache itself.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

ChiTownEddie posted:

Maybe this is dumb but in the NYC safe house is there something to interact with to locate the caches like in DC?

No but if you go near a ? that is actually a SHD cache itíll appear on the map. The ?ís show up in the fog too so it kind of makes the entire thing pointless

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Mar 3, 2020

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Some of this new music loving GOES. One of the investigations (Kajika, I think) has these synthy voices and it feels like some weird club-goth dance banger. Really hope the OST goes up on spotify soon

Division 1 and 2 both have had some of the low-key best soundtracks in video games. Survival soundtrack itself was loving amazing.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

IllegallySober posted:

I just logged in for the first time since the update and as a newer player I can safely say I have no loving idea what equipment I should be keeping now.

Before it was easy to tell what all the armor was because it had one stat number. Was it higher than what I had before? Good, keep it. Now itís Critical Hit Chance vs. Weapon Damage vs. nothing listed at all vs. Skill Tier +1 and I have no loving clue what I should be using or keeping or working towards. Cool.

Edit: Oh, and I get two less armor packs now? FANTASTIC

Edit 2: I guess Iím just gonna go to bed, Iím not in the mood to relearn everything I thought I knew about this game tonight.

Iím not sure what armor you were looking at because they certainly did not have 1 stat number before this patch. In any case here are some semi-random tips.

Weapon Damage, Armor, and Skill Tier are ďcore attributes.Ē You will find one of these on each piece of armor regardless of other stats. While certain brands will always come naturally with a certain core attribute you can overwrite one core with another core.

Weapon damage is weapon damage. Armor is armor. Each piece of armor you have on with a skill tier level increases the stats on all skills.

The other two attributes on a piece of armor can be (a non-exhaustive list) things like: Critical chance, critical damage, headshot damage, skill haste, health, explosive resistance, armor regeneration, improved skill repair, and so on. You can overwrite these attributes with each other.

Like before you can only recalibrate one thing on a piece of armor.

Attributes no longer are governed by a budget based on how high other attributes rolled. Every attribute on a piece of armor can now be its maximum value regardless of how high other attributes.

Only masks, chests, and backpacks have mod slots (and only high end ones at that). I believe certain brands will always have a specific kind of mod slot but you can now recalibrate the mod slot. So if a mask came with a utility slot but is otherwise perfect you can change that utility slot into an offensive or defensive slot.

Passive talents are dead. Backpacks and chests are the only places youíll find active talents. They have no attribute requirements any more.

Weapons still have active talents and they also do not have attribute requirements. Holstered talents donít exist any more. Passive talents such as stability, rate of fire, and optimal range have been added as an additional attribute on weapons. You will be able to find the formerly weapon specific attributes (health damage, armor damage, crit chance, etc) on all weapons in another attribute slot but they will have a higher max value on the weapon types they originally were on. For example an SMG will always have a higher max crit chance than an AR.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

HatJudge posted:

I'm a new player, currently on world tier 2. Should I finish up to world tier 5 and/or the expeditions before heading to New York? I mean, the story is pretty sparse but I'd like to see it if there's anything that matters.

You should if only so you can level up at least 1 specialization before New York. You wonít gain any spec points while youíre there and a filled out upgrade tree will help.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I havenít dug too deep into armor and weapon talents just yet to see how well what meshes with what but Iím starting to feel like the more active of active weapon damage oriented talents donít have quite enough advantage over the more ďpassiveĒ talents like Concussion or Composure. Iím still only level 38 though and constantly swapping things around so I can see that changing.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So just so I have some idea of how this will work, buying WoNY will give me the expansion and the first season pass, and after the first season ends in roughly 3 months, every new 3-month season will cost $10?

Looking at the store I donít think you get a pass for the first of the new season stuff from any edition. You get the year 1 pass for buying the ďultimateĒ edition which is/was immediate unlocks on the 3 specializations and the 8 classified missions. Unless thereís something besides the Ubisoft store page.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

jabro posted:

Are the flashlight attachments for pistols new? One of my biggest beefs with this game is these special division agents would be going out in this post pandemic world without a goddamn Maglite.

They got added a few patches ago because everyone thought the same thing.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

Do guns only roll with one trait now?

High end guns have 4 things, besides the talent. They have base damage (Is that static now? If it is they have 3 things.), bonus specific weapon damage attribute, bonus damage attribute (this can be armor damage, health damage, crit chance, etc), and a passive passive bonus (which can be things like rate of fire, magazine size, swap speed, etc).

Lower quality guns have fewer attributes.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Frustrated posted:

Yo, why'd I get kicked out of hotdogs? I've been in that clan since release last year...

Might have just been bad timing if you hadnít logged in for a while until now, or perhaps your last login time was bugged if you had logged in not too long ago. Iím not in that clan but all the clans have been getting cleared out of people who hadnít logged in for a while. If you join the Discord in the OP you can get sorted in the clan channel for the game.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

lagidnam posted:

If you are in need for some better stat roles for your library, just change the global difficulty to Heroic. Then go and do some "Target Practice" events. The reward will be an item that matches the targeted loot for the zone with heroic difficulty stats.

They totally gonna nerf that.

Not necessarily. You still need to capture control points to start spawning friendly events. But a further tip regarding Target Practice events: the last time I checked failing them once still gives you the reward as if you beat it, then you can do it again right away and actually complete it to get another reward. You get three tries before it despawns but failing it twice doesnít get you anything.

However Iím not sure when the last time I checked was, they may have fixed that part.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Your character just being part of the JTF with a background in combat would've been just as fine with some tweaks to the story.

Now I canít stop imagining The Division is just the Green Lanterns and every time one of them dies the watch grows tiny legs and runs off to attach to the wrist of whoever ISAC thinks is worthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Jimbot posted:

Finally made it to World Tier 4. I'm not sure if it's the world tier or the expansion but these perks are a heck of a lot more interesting than what I've had. Things that help allies or hinder enemies depending on what you're doing is really great stuff.

Edit: So should I avoid raising alertness level until I'm kitted out in level 500 gear and have the most supremely broken build the game currently has? I just attempted it with a gear score of 422 and every enemy takes about a hundred thousand rounds to kill and I get smoked extremely quick.

If you brought a CP up to level 4/heroic thatís the hardest level in the game (relative to your power level of course) and with the gear rework it has become even harder than it was. You need a build with good rolls and talents that work with each other to do those reliably.