Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ygolonac posted:

Crazy Youtube dude Solo Legendary Roosevelt Skills (TU10.1, though) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKrbNuow6v8

Watched this a few nights ago, I don't think this is a single run though. Some shooting still going on, obviously, and he sure has all the spawns memorized.

Also looks like a ridiculous grindfest, and this is from someone who did that final arena multiple times, letting myself get killed, to grind minigun kills. :V

Shotgun bandit is likely Hunter's Laptop plus AoK mods and Adrenaline Rush/Intimidate or Obliterate. Swap out the pack for Memento for lots of buffs over time. Assume *lots* of cover-to-cover moves, and maybe carry dual boomsticks because the highest-damage shotguns reload s l o w l y. (Could go Ninjabike, I guess.)

I use HF/Trauma chest (because I like blinding people)/Intimidate pack or Memento, but my primary for that is The Grudge, shotgun is secondary; action-movie run around and melt enemies, though. (Also fun with Chatterbox.) Sometimes (underground) I do go with a 1+ mil damage pump with up Close and Personal, and Scorpio (IS READY!), while slower, tends to lock the poo poo out of anything that isn't one-shot.

This all turns to poo poo once the range opens up - then it's time to bring out Baker's Dozen...

The trick to reloading shotguns is to use Pummel so you don’t have to reload (most of the time).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Doctor Nutt posted:

Lmao they build up that tremendous rear end in a top hat over the course of two games + dlc and he gets taken out by a fuckin NPC??? Wow.

No, he means someone else.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mr.PayDay posted:

Thanks for all the replies, fellow Agent Goons.

I will continue gathering SHD levels, the watch is maxed out at 800, is that right?
What happens after that? Only spending for scavening then or do we get any further stat increases?

I like the summit for solo play, I can do some floors and than take a break, pick up other activities.

And it's amazing for focusing on target loot. I got my Negotiators dilemma set within like an evening.

Other than that it's repetivite and I would like more variations in the floor design.

Stat increases stop at level 1000, after that you’ll only be able to get credits, crafting materials, or a couple of optimization materials.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Doctor Nutt posted:

Why am I still unable to tat up both arms and legs, what is this nonsense???

The same reason there are basically no shorts or sleeveless shirts so you can actually see them.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

What? There’s white, black, and camo tank tops at least, and the last one doesn’t show your chest armor

I think there are a few more. None of my characters use sleeves.

Yes there are some extremely boring options. The most exciting one is one of the summer 2020 shirts.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Oldstench posted:

Same. If it's going to CTD, it's happening in 5 minutes or not at all. 1 crash and it's good for the rest of the night. I have also noticed that it crashes more often if I run it directly from the shortcut on my desktop as opposed to running the Ubi launcher and starting it from there. This is probably not a real effect though.

Is there a list of build archetypes for this game that are mostly correct regardless of TU? Should I just scour Youtube and steal from there?

Basically unless you're going into the DZ or Conflict you want either all red or all yellow with maybe 1 blue depending on how you feel or if you're running with the technician spec (which gives you 1 free skill tier). Rolling with blue does not give you enough armor at higher levels of PVE to justify the loss in damage. The only blue you may want are minor attributes, armor regeneration or hazard protection.

After you decide on either yellow or red then your minor attributes follow suit, with the possible exception of the blue minors I just mentioned. Headshot damage is far more useful if you're using marksman rifles while critical chance/damage is better for almost everything else. Skill Damage is better for skills like the turret/drone while Status Effects is better for skills that apply fire/EMP/foam (bleed is useless). Skill Damage does increase the tick damage of fire but Status Effects increases its damage and duration. Use skill haste wherever possible.

Brand bonuses are fairly self-explanatory. If you're using guns then you brands which increases weapon damage, increases your critical hits, or headshot damage. If you're using skill use brands that give status effects/skill damage, skill haste, or possible explosive damage if you're using something that explodes.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

UnknownMercenary posted:

Transmog was added much later; sometime late last year IIRC. Google says August 2020.

A lot of the best items are purple or lower quality so they're less bulky. There are quite a few that only exist while you are levelling up from 1 to 30.

And unless you go into the 1-30 DZ to grind them out at lower levels some effectively only exist for maybe levels 1-20 because at some point you stop getting greens and eventually blues.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

For some reason each 5.11 backpack model comes in multiple different colours (outside of dyes) and each one counts as a different model.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Exactly.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ygolonac posted:

Or is it that the implementation has confused and pissed you off? If so, join the club - line ends waaaay back there, though.

Division players are intimately familiar with line ups

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Oh boy a language barrier + first attempt would make the third boss compete hell. Even if everyone knew what to do there’s a lot of coordination to do in that one.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Once you get a Capacitor by doing the challenges it’ll start dropping like other exotics.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Survival in Division 1 was a battle royale just before that became the term everyone used so it wouldn’t be that.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I was always thinking about something to do with DC-62, the dust storm weather effect, and mask/filter degredation. Like some unknown stock of DC-62 in the DZs explodes and sprays it into the air during a windstorm and now the entire city is a DZ. Everyone starts at the White House, or near it, and the overall goal is to find the leak and stop it. Or maybe deploy a counter-agent in the DZs or whatever. The design of the city and the DZs make it tough though.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The only thing I can think of is maybe that everyone starts in one of the DZs and have to end up at another. And maybe just ignore DZ south entirely, it’s always east to west or west to east. That’s maintains the “everyone starts together, spreads out, end up back together after attrition” of Survival. Would get repetitive faster than New York did though

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If you’re actively using something don’t extract anything from it, another roll will come along.

Weapon handling, Health, Explosive Resistance, and Hazard Protection can probably be the attributes you can ignore given the opportunity. Obviously you might as well pull them out if there’s nothing else. Skill repair as well unless you plan to run a healing build. I’d probably put core armor rolls underneath something like critical chance or skill haste as well.

There are some really bad talents (or good talents on the wrong gun type) that you can ignore unless there’s nothing else to get from what they’re on. Armor talents like Overclock, Galvanize, Clutch, Reassigned, Protected Reload are all pretty useless. Gun talents like Strained on bolt action rifles or pump shotguns, Ranger on shotguns and SMGs, Steady Handed on anything with small magazines, Fast Hands on shotguns, and so on.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I didn’t mean weapon handling was garbage I just said if there’s a choice between a good CHC roll or Skill Haste and a weapon handling roll extract the former for the library first. It doesn’t really matter much in the end, they’ll all come around eventually.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It’s pretty rough no matter what if you do it on heroic. I think it’s 4 elite sniper dogs come out as the final wave.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I have fun running aroung Challenging with 2 directives :unsmith:

I didn't fully realize what would happen so im busy taking all control points again etc

You can reset control points at your leisure if you weren’t aware. They’re meant to be re-done.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

No one thinks having a good EMP pulse around for Black Tusk robots is a bad thing.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Even with a status effect build EMP Pulse lasts like...2-3 seconds tops but I tend to prefer it over EMP Sticky because even if sticky totally takes one dog out of the fight, having every single dog stopped for a couple seconds (along with whatever black tusk toys that're out on the field) lets people heal or get out of being flanked or do that last bit of damage needed. I like it with Hard Wired because I can do two pulses back to back to keep them locked down for a few more seconds. I have no idea how the gently caress the game decides when it's applied but EMP pulse also sometimes staggers organics for a second which is nice when it happens to say, a dickhead Black Tusk grenadier about to lob 3+ grenades in a row at your team.

For some reason I just remembered the period of time when heal launcher stacked so you could just drop 2-3 shots on your feet and face-tank.

It’s been a while since I paid attention to it but last I remember elite black tusk basically get to ignore the “stun” effect of fire and EMP. Foam will work as normal but if you set an elite black tusk on fire they’ll do the flailing for a microsecond then go back to whatever they were doing before while still on fire. Same applies for the EMP stagger, elites will get jammed but won’t trip over themselves.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Without worrying about named items the simplest way to approach it is that if you have all red/yellow cores attributes then your minor attributes should be all red/yellow as well. Brand bonuses should just be things that are also minor attributes. At higher difficulties a lot of the time fights will be about how to take down the most enemies the fastest while shielding yourself (either with an actual shield or high cover) from the the enemies you can’t.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

Got myself the named Hana-U backpack and Capacitor and... ahahahaahha gently caress this just wrecks everything.

I now have 2 mostly complete builds: Turret/Drone and Pestilence.

Can anyone link a good Baker's Dozen build? I'd like to plink at things for a change.

I prefer Boomerang on the rifle but the build would remain the same regardless.

If you have them, Fox’s Prayer kneepads are where you want your Overlord Armaments piece for 10% rifle damage and out of cover damage.

Again if you have them, use some Contractors Gloves as well for the armor damage bonus.

And just one more “if you have it” a Coyote mask.

For the rest it’s 3 Providence or 2 Providence and 1 Grupo, either combination will result in the same brand bonuses.

If you don’t have some/any of the Named pieces or the mask then I would add (in order of priority): 1 Ceska piece, 1 Overlord piece, the one of the 3 Providence/1 Grupo you don’t have. So if you have none of the pieces above you’d have 1 Ceska, 1 Overlord, 3 Providence, 1 Grupo.

If you have the Coyote Mask get your critical chance to around 50ish and if don’t have it get to 60%.

When combined with a Crusader shield the ideal backpack talent is Vigilance and probably still is without a shield but Unstoppable Force also works. You have 3 options for the chest talent depending on how you feel:

1) Glass Cannon/Perfect Glass Cannon (Providence brand) gives the biggest damage boost but the drawback is obvious. If you do use Glass Cannon I would really strongly say a shield is required because it doesn’t take the extra damage.
2) If you can stand being in scope at all times then Focus is the best overall option. If you can find a really good Perfect Focus (Airaldi brand) piece it is worth using over a Providence/Grupo piece despite the mismatch in weapon damage bonus from Airaldi because you’re getting 10% more overall from the talent.
3) Obliterate is at best okay, and probably less than okay for a rifle, but it does just lets you shoot without having to worry about being scoped or dealing with taking way more damage.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Lucky Shot is good in that as long as you’re in cover you do 100% max damage, eventually.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Do you want more Division 2 and new end game numbers to chase? Then WONY is worth $8 yes. Even if the playerbase is small everything up to the raids and legendary missions can be done solo and you can usually find matchmaking for legendary, though mostly District Union Arena since it’s the shortest/easiest (for levels of difficulty in legendary).

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A sweet dreams is a problem solver for a lot of global events in fact. It ignores all of their effects in terms of damage reduction if I remember right.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ghost of Starman posted:

So I'm one of the weirdos still playing The Division 1, because I got it for super-cheap in a bundle somewhere. Super-dead, of course, but that doesn't bother me so much; I'm mostly enjoying taking back NY as a solo operative so far. But, uh... it's starting to feel a little same-y, I guess? And I'm only Level ~15 out of 30 - does it get more interesting with endgame builds and such? And/or will I not really have the opportunity to participate in endgame stuff if the playerbase is completely dead, and I should just move on to Division: The Seconding if I want more?

What's your platform? I can't speak for a lot of people but I think there's at least a few people out there that still have it installed on PC at least. Including me if that wasn't obvious. I just do the occasional Survival game but I think I remember how to play other things!

Anyways things do eventually get more interesting as levels go up and gear gets more specialized but because everything still moves pretty fast there isn't really any opportunity to make an end-game build until after level 30... and unfortunately also after a 5 level world tier climb. There is a skip for the world tier climb though. If you join the game of someone already at world tier 5 and let them do all the killing all the loot that will drop will be from world tier 5 and you can grab yours and they'll share you theirs and then all you need to do is put that on and bam, you're in world tier 5 now. Once you're there is when you can focus on stats and talents.

The hardest end game content would unfortunately be mostly be cut off from you without a group though as its basically built for 4 people. There are some extremely powerful (and time consuming to make) builds that can get through the hardest difficulty missions where the goal is to just kill everything without dying but most of the incursions (raid equivalents) have mechanics that require more than 1 person to progress. But like I said there might be some people around who can be persuaded to maybe do a few runs.

All that said this is still a looter shooter so doing stuff to get better things so you can do the stuff again (but harder) is the name of the game.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ghost of Starman posted:

Oh, cool, I'm on PC too.

I guess some of the same-y-ness comes from feeling like I already have the best skills for solo-use; the turret does a great job of drawing enemy fire off of me, and the self-heal lets me conserve medkits for emergencies. Oh, and the scan for hunting down treasure. Am I overlooking anything really good, or are most of the other skills intended more for people working in teams?

Unless you’re into skillpower a lot of the skills can feel like that. They get better even with no skillpower the further into the game though some of the time that’s just because they noticeably make number to go higher. As for other skills to use...

It’s easy to overlook (and I forget what it’s called exactly) but the sticky bomb that’s a flashbang grenade is also really good because if I remember right the stun effect duration is not affected by skillpower, only the radius and the recharge time, so anything you hit is always blinded for 10 seconds or something like that. It’s a good way to open a fight against enemies crowding around each other or to lock down a big enemy for a bit of time.

If you’re ever in a fight that is throwing status effects around the support box that makes you immune to them while you’re in the radius is good too. It won’t heal you for much at all though.

This is for later on but when you unlock all the medical wing upgrades you’ll get a permanent perk for all the support box variants that heals any friendlies in the radius for 33% health when you manually cancel it. So this leads to two things which make it better for solo healing than than the First Aid skill once you get all the upgrades:
1) The healing is percentage based (as opposed to First Aid’s number amount) so it will heal more than a First Aid at low skillpower
2) The cooldown for the support box is shorter than the First Aid.

The only downside is that it takes slightly longer since you need to put it down and then cancel it to get healed but as long as you’re in cover this won’t ever matter.

The pulse for finding boxes in the open world, Dark Zone, and missions is briefly useful but since the loot boxes for weapons and armor don’t ever respawn and the ones in the DZ are always in the same spots once you find something it kind of stops being useful in short order. The pulse mod that gives you 5% more damage against scanned targets is eventually much more useful in PVE once you know where the loot is or already found it.

I think the Discord is in the first post and if there’s anybody else with Division 1 still installed that’s where you’ll find them quicker (including me again).

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Oh right the healing you get scales with how long it’s been active (active longer = more health). I don’t remember or if there was even any mention of how the scaling works. But yeah if you put it somewhere you expect to be (or are just going to stay in one spot) I’d say it’s still better than First Aid at higher levels with only basic skillpower.

Oh also don’t ignore the player talents, the kind you can equip 4 of and unlock by building wing upgrades. Some of them aren’t very good but others are actually quite useful.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Jolo posted:

I just finished up the normal game and unlocked World Tiers and specializations. I'm reading mixed answers to the question of whether to jump right into Warlords of NY or to advance through World Tiers. It sounds like the World Tiers let you advance through better gear but then that stuff ends up replaced right away in NY as you go from 30-40.

Any specific stuff to do in DC before NY? Is the world tier stuff unique and non-repeatable or worth skipping?

The world tiers is basically the way to introduce you to actual end game gear, fighting the Black Tusk, and what the world map is going be for the rest of the game. There’s basically no story in the invaded missions (besides “Black Tusk being evil, stop them”) until you clear all the invaded missions and faction strongholds to unlock Tidal Basin, Black Tusk’s stronghold. Tidal Basin is decent although the final boss can be a son of a bitch.

There’s also the 3 sets of off map story missions - White Oak/Manning Zoo, Pentagon/DARPA, Coney Ballpark/Amusement Park. The Coney Island missions do lead directly into WONY but the others are more standalone and kind of wrap-up some of the loose ends left over from the main missions, though hardly all of them.

My advice is usually start the world tiers climb and if you start getting bored just use the boost and head to New York. Optionally you can use the boost, do Tidal Basin (this will require doing 1 stronghold and it’s connected invaded missions) and the off map missions, and then go for New York. The missions don’t change and you can do them later though.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

V for Vegans posted:

So right now this game is on sale on PSN and on the Epic game store, but not the Ubisoft store? I’d rather buy it through Ubisoft since epic makes it such a pain to install games not on the C drive, but not annoying enough to make wasn’t to pay an extra $50 for the complete edition. Unless there’s an easier way to transfer where games are saved besides the currently suggested install a little bit, pause install, backup file to real location and then reinstall, because my C drive is too full to even download the demo so it won’t let me get far enough for the officially supported method.

I think buying it on Epic adds it to your Ubisoft account? There was a problem where buying Ubisoft games on Epic downloaded the game twice, once on Epic and once on Ubisoft, but I think that was fixed.

I’m not sure about either of those I’m afraid.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

There's a hunter that shows up for all the final big targets in the Schaeffer season. Unless you're really quick they'll just poof out once you damage them a bit. Presumably the same hunter that shows up in the final mission in an actual fight.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Narzack posted:

I'm basically a drooling idiot when it comes to the mechanics of this game. Do you fellas know of any good guides for crafting and the calibration stuff? I have a high end table, all my currently available weapon mods are created, but it seems like any gun I would want to make is, like, thousands of damage points behind the guns I'm currently using.

Its been a while since I actually crafted something but I believe crafting results do not take into account the stats your armor has. So if you’re wearing a bunch of weapon damage armor it will always show a smaller number.

So assuming you are crafting the highest possible weapon level what you actually want to look at is how full the bar is for the weapon stats. If those are high the weapon damage should be similar when you equip it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Another Dirty Dish posted:

I made it to level 27 or so and I’m getting kind of bored with it. The story and setting just aren’t grabbing me the way the first Division game did. Is it worth plugging away to the endgame, or is it basically more of the same from here on?

The story never really improves much. After you get to 30 and beat Capital Hill you get to do all the main missions and strongholds again against a new faction and finally fight then at their main base in a new stronghold. The open world also becomes a continuing war zone with tall the factions at this point as well. The story for the repeat missions never really gets beyond “Someone bad is doing something bad, stop them!” until you beat all of them and do the final final stronghold.

Since it’s not grabbing the only thing I can suggest is, if you have Warlords of New York, either use the in game boost to get to the end game of level 30 right now and head to NY right away or beat Capital Hill as quickly as pssobile and boost to NY then.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Jandipoo posted:

I'm still irrationally angry that they chose Outcasts, the one faction in base Division 2 that does not have medics but has literal suicide bombers to be the healer class.

They actually have the best healers. How else do you think they get veteran and elite suicide bombers?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Also unrelated to the PVP rules but the DZ NPC’s do have slightly different health/damage rules. It’s not precise but in general you can think of them as having the damage of Heroic enemies with the health of Challenging enemies.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Jimbot posted:

So through all the world tiers, I should just be replacing all my gear as I get new stuff without worrying too much about the attributes, right? I left off at world tier 1 (for some reason my personal game's world tier was lower than what I played on my friend's) when I last played and coming back I completely forgot what I wanted to build towards so I'm just starting fresh.

Edit: Also, can anyone recommend a good build for solo and one for group play? A lot of the solo ones seem to stack crit chance, crit damage and well, just damage stuff while relying on perks to restore armor and whatnot upon kills. For group stuff, I dunno if my old crew is going to play the game again but having something lined up in case they do would be neat.

Maybe later on, if I'm still playing the game, I may ask for PvP recommendations (dark zone) but I dunno if I'll go that far.

For world tier progression the general goal is just a higher number but you do want to pay some attention to the gear you’re using. If you replace 4 weapon damage armor pieces with 2 armor and 2 skill tier without thinking you might start to wonder why your guns aren’t doing as much damage any more.

A good solo build is basically all skill tier armor or all weapon damage armor as what you have read describes, with the appropriate accompanying brand bonuses and minor attributes (skill haste, skill damage, critical chance, critical damage, etc). A drone and turret are generally the easiest and most useful skills. Gun type are generally player’s choice but the closer you need to get the more dangerous things become.

The chest/backpack talents should generally reinforce your weapon damage or skill damage in some fashion.

If you’re a gun damage build you should use the Crusader/Firestarter shield (unless you’re using LMGs or sniper rifles) and the revive hive to help you stay alive. If you’re using drones and turrets you stay alive by staying out of the way (it can be kind of boring).

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Jimbot posted:

Is there an easy way of doing the last step for gunner unlock? The only turret on Roosevelt island seems to be in a spot that spawns like two people and destroying all the armor off of this guy, which seemingly has trillions of health while he himself is made of toilet paper, is annoying.

And without paying real money. I'm not giving them money to bypass their stupid and shittily designed challenges.

Enemies spawn on both sides of the final area in Roosevelt and there’s a turret on both sides. You can die on purpose to an enemy before finishing the fight to reset it and get it done that way.

As for Basilisk I’ve seen some people suggest using the grenade launcher which will apparently damage all pieces equally. Alternatively try to kill everyone but Basilisk and then just go slowly and carefully with a low damage pistol. Pulse will highlight armor pieces if you aren’t sure which are still intact.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Actually the gunner research was in the original release and hasn’t changed. It was part of the year 1 stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Jimbot posted:

Can someone explain the recalibration library? Is it basically just storing a one-time use stat roll for you to put on a piece of gear or is it a permanent addition that can be used multiple times? I completely forgot that this station existed and feel like crap that I've been breaking down stuff that had decent stats that I could have stored for future use.

You store it forever and can overwrite a a lesser stat with a better stat later.

Also the level 30 stat library is separate from the level 31-40 library so if you have Warlords of New York don’t worry too much about it because you’ll be starting over once you go to NYC anyways.