Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Forgive me for posting a Control document but I just finished the last mission and while I don’t really care about the story I am wondering if anyone agrees that this is right.

So Faye has been working with Black Tusk who have been trying to stop both Keener and The Division. I guess Faye could be the person Schaffer was talking about in echos all this time but that would mean she was evil since before the first game so probably not. Presumably BT are still trying to create Outer Heaven in the US or whatever but now have to contend with even more enemies. Keener has created an evil ISAC network in “ANNA” to link and support the rogue Division agents, some of whom are the ones we’re going to be fighting in the first season. This part is my speculation but Keener has probably shared his super virus or whatever with them because if the missile was the end of it that’s a terrible ending to the virus printer set-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Weird how the target practice “”””exploit”””” only became an exploit after the loot got better. It’s been in the game since launch.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

OgNar posted:

There are some hidden missions around DC, marked with a blue or purple icon, i forget.
When in that area you have to find the entrance.
They are just extra side missions really.
Though they do have items to find, nothing too exciting though.
But always nice to have extra free content.

That’s the year 1 pass. The new “season passes” are going to be Fortnite battle passes and that’s what they’re talking about.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Digital Osmosis posted:

Weird question of my own: what does +status effect do, actually? Make statuses last longer? Do more damage? Both?

I believe it’s both which makes it actually really good to stack.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Inspector Hound posted:

I got the exploding rolly ball mines, but I picked the cluster bomb kind and I think I should have picked the kind that splits into a bunch of little bombs and seeks out targets. I guess I'm asking a) how do I upgrade or boost or whatever my skills, so those bombs hurt more and b) will I be and to go back and pick seekers or whatever they're called later

The first unlock takes the mission unlock point but the rest take SHD tech to unlock. You get it from side missions and finding caches in the districts.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So what's going on with invaded missions? I did the first of three, got spec points from it but now the other 2 are grey (but still invaded) and saying they won't award me with spec points.

That happens to me occasionally but doing them still awards the points, unless the bug got an additional bug and doesn’t now.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is there a diminishing returns on skill haste?

What’s a good number for crit chance? I can hit 60 but my crit damage is so low I’m not sure it’s worth it.

I’m not too far into any builds yet but I am trying to put together a solo SMG build. My current thoughts are that a good chunk of critical damage will come from the right brand sets and red mod slots. You can get 15% from 1 piece Grupo? or whatever and another 15% from 3 piece Sokolov or, if you’re not running SMGs, 3 piece Providence. With 3 offensive mod slots and good mods you can get another 15-20% critical damage.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Every Man Jack posted:

So, I just hit World Tier 1 and decided to grab the expansion pack to show some support, having got the base game for so cheap.

Is there any point to facing off against the Black Tusk to retake the city repeatedly? Or should I use the upgrade and beeline straight for NYC?

You’ll get some context for what’s happening in NY by going through the missions that came out before it but if you don’t care about it then you may as well boost.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

lagidnam posted:

The new legendary missions are about what could be expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyfNzJrQotc

80 minutes of holding down left mouse button and kiting poo poo through half the level as it doesn' t die. The rewards are more or less equal to what you get from grand washington hotel on challenging.

lol the 2 marauder drones at the very end. You wouldn't be able to do anything to them if they weren't able to just stay in the scaffolding.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I like Challenging difficultly where it is at the moment, 1 or 4 people, but there are some problems with specific enemy types that need addressing. Most of them in NYC.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Season started just before downtime. It’s basically a mini-NYC campaign minus most of the story. Do some stuff in a zone (capture all COs, do a bounty, do a mission) and advance the “investigation.”

First season pass is free to get in the game store and I think it’s double experience once the servers are back up, regular and season. Don’t know about DZ.

I may have gotten lucky but the first season cache I opened gave me a System Corruption chest with max armor/max crit damage and a “Bakers Dozen” M1A Classic - Perfect Lucky Shot.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

What armor mods are you seeing that give you armor regen? I’ve seen plenty of resistance mods, incoming repairs, armor on kill, and health on kill but never armor regen.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

UnknownMercenary posted:

It's not on any mods, it only shows up as minor attribute rolls on gear.

I know but I was looking at this post:

Shoren posted:

I was thinking for a tank with the Gila bonus netting you that 30k + 16k + 15k (gear attributes + Gila bonus + mods). That feels like having Patience again without the need to be attached to cover for it to proc.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

AwkwardKnob posted:

The scaling for a full group of 4 players needs a serious look, along with the enemy AI that concludes "might as well just walk up to these folks and show them this shotgun I'm holding"

I know we've gone over that already, but when it happens in-game, it's both jarring and hilarious. It's like the game just decides you're finished.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/six-six-siq/video/89883970?fbclid=IwAR0mg7WscuAfYNHU4LE413UWpyxIA3SJKhY5KUiaHImrF4u2BMjrJ9VegOM

3 of us can clear challenging without too much fuss but adding a 4th turns things into crazytown

Well I mean no one except you decided to shoot the guy and then one of them stood up in front of you and blocked a ton of shots and then another one decided he didn't need to shoot anything and ran backwards. Some things definitely need tuning but this is more just a whole bunch of unlucky things happening at once.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

UnknownMercenary posted:

Level 40 raid, if you're wondering what it looks like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANg8KSj04jQ

All in all, doesn’t seem too different. Obviously still need to be geared up like the level 30 version but not to the levels most of these guys are.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Tanks don’t care much about fire but they do care about riot foam and the shock trap.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Seedge posted:

I am really disappointed in the seasonal manhunt stuff. Repeating four missions I've done with no new dialogue, enemies or collectibles is pretty boring. You get one audio recording for each of the three zones you finish, and one on Neptune's body, and that's it. I expected at least a little banter from the guy himself but it's just another bounty to collect, not even like a side mission or something.

I know, it's free content. It just feels half arsed compared to most of the other content, which I've enjoyed.

Relatedly: gently caress Kenly College mastery. How in the name of gently caress are you meant to clear the Metro in 25 minutes when several objectives are "stand in an area for minutes at a time"?

Basically you need to know exactly where to go, which path is the fastest, that kind of thing.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Locator posted:

So I had a CP failure that was annoying tonight. I took over a CP2 doing the season stuff, killed the bad guy and got to the point where my buddies would be taking over the CP and we get ready to repel the counter attack and then... nothing. No attack ever came and the CP never got taken over. That was a fairly annoying bug. No idea if there is some way to trigger the counter-attack, but I didn't find one. No 'red' on the mini-map thing to indicate any bad guys even in the vicinity, so eventually I gave up and just went and tried to do a bounty (where I died repeatedly before giving up for the night).

Was it The Nest? That happens a lot there.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Locator posted:

I think it probably was, yeah. I ran around the area a bit but no activity even close so I gave up. That was the 3rd CP I needed for the season thing in that area.

If you’re on the balcony looking across the street (the way the minigun is pointing) there’s a door enemies can come out of on the left side of the building you’re facing. It’s so far away they may not even spawn in that you could see them with a scope. However if you run over there you’ll hopefully/probably see them standing around outside the door. Throw a grenade or something at them and book it back to the CP. May need to repeat that a couple times depending on difficulty.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Except for optimization I mostly finished an SMG build. I could always slightly more crit damage or armor regen but I have at least all the attributes I want where they should be now. It’s basically a glass cannon (5 red, 1 blue) with armor regen/crit damage everywhere and you have to get too close for comfort for most people to get the most out of it but I reached nearly 60% chance and before Strained/Killer kicks in, depending on your preference, I’m at 135% crit damage. If I trigger Versatile (swap to SMG from a different weapon type, get 35% SMG damage to enemies within 15m) and get Obliterate going at the same time I end up with critical hits going up to almost 400k with an SMG-9.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

BadLlama posted:

What spec do you use for an SMG build? I've always wanted to make one but could never really get something working.

I use Firewall, for a few reasons.

-Armor kit heals both health and armor. This is quite nice because health won’t heal on its own even if you’re only taking armor damage.
-Burn nearby enemies on armor break. Free stun if you’re in trouble. I don’t think this has much of a cooldown either.
-Health on kill if I have armor but low health (been healed by someone, or if I have bonus armor) or I spent just slightly too long killing something.
-Bonus armor for cover to cover moves. This is VERY VERY useful when you have to be close and constantly moving. It has no cooldown so as long as you don’t die in that second or two you stop at new cover you’ll always have 30% as soon as you start moving.

You can get some use out of the flamethrower by blind firing it over or around cover but you probably won’t be using it much.

If I was going to use another spec it would probably be demo (7% crit chance laser, ignore 1 explosion every 60 seconds, refill magazine on armor break) but I really like the armor kit and cover to cover bonus armor on Firewall.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 11, 2020

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Peechka posted:

Might as well go all 6 red, that 1 blue aint doing you poo poo. Best defense for a crit/weapon is the Unbreakable skill on your chest. Its the one thing that keeps saving my rear end over and over. IMO one of the best defensive talents on gear bar none. I know you will probabaly lose some talent thats on your chest but you can maybe make up for it with amothe +crit% or +crit dmg on the gear slot you have the one blue.

I dunno, I felt a fairly noticeable difference between no core armor and 1 core armor. It also affects the bonus armor I get from cover to cover. You’re right that I would probably get more relatively out of more weapon damage but I’ve ended up with almost no armor more often than I’d like without it. Full glass cannon is still an option, I already have a great piece for it from when I was building toward that, but I like my small security blanket.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I know about Unbreakable, used it all the time since launch and I’m sure I’ll have a build that uses it again, but I’m more worried about reacting to/taking the lesser forms of damage rather than snipers or war hounds. I typically can be close enough that SMG blind fire is a viable choice which reduces, not eliminates, the threat from the big single shots. There’s also status effects like bleeding or burning to consider when you’re close to enemies that can cause them, either voluntarily or involuntarily :v:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The miniguns definitely feel like more of a group thing. If you’re by yourself trying to use them can feel like you’re the only one in Boomer’s room in the raid.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Hakarne posted:

So are there any good sustain options for a red build? I think that's what I dislike most about the gear update, now that I think about it. You had patience for some decent passive healing, the chem launcher could keep you topped off pretty well, etc. Now if you don't invest in skills all of your healing is poo poo excepting med kits that are limited and slow to use. I've found It's very possible to just take too much damage and run out of options to heal it up before you're swarmed. Armor on kill isn't great if your armor is low, stacking armor regen is meh at best, and skills don't feel adequate to even heal the base ~650k armor.

Are there any really good options?

If “good options” means something that will let you facetank a lot of damage for a short time then there are no good options.

The best of them is a good roll of armor regen on every piece of armor. This gives you a pretty noticeable passive regen. That’s just shy of 30k armor per second of all the rolls are maxed. It is “meh” when you’re actively taking damage but if you can find a second to hide then it isn’t actually terrible.

The other option is rolling with “repair skills” attributes and brand bonuses. I think R&K has an “incoming repairs” bonus as a 1 piece.

Beyond that you just need to invest in some skill tiers. Running Technician gives you 1 free skill tier which isn’t a lot but it’s something.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

I know if you're part way through the event hunt thing it resets your progress if you change difficulty levels. Does it reset your progress in the broader thing if you've already finished the current one? I just killed neptune. If I change difficulty levels will it blank that for the larger hunt targeting Jupiter, with the poo poo that hasn't unlocked yet?

People have reset after finishing everything and while things shouldn’t reset after you finish it currently might. It could also just be displaying the progress as reset when it isn’t. I wouldn’t reset right now just to be safe.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Having run into the elite non-Lucy wardogs on the street for the first time they really need to increase the warning time for their spin attack. I haven’t done the raid for a while but it started nearly instantly when compared to the sound cue you get in the raid.

^burtle posted:

What are the Neptune rewards? Just rng stuff?

I would assume so, unless he drops a Named item the first time like the story bosses.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Hey, sorry if this has been asked, how do I get to this question mark? It's in the New York map, just northeast of Haven. It's driving me nuts, there's gotta be something obvious I'm missing.

If you mean the ? that turned into “University” I think those are just landmarks or sights to see. I ran around a few and couldn’t find anything to do.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

Now that I think about it, is there a website for linking d2 builds? Ideally something that imports from origin or something? Because gently caress that would make these discussions easiser.

There was but the person who created it seems to have left it and nothing has been updated for the new system.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Seditiar posted:

Sleipner and basically whatever (Marksman) Rifle I like at the time

E: 44.6% CHC and 77.5% CHD + whatever Coyote's Mask gives at the time. Need to replace chest to increase those by a lot.

Wait a second, I’ve been ignoring the MG5 since launch but did they change its base magazine size? Or does Sleipner have a larger magazine than the regular version?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Guillermus posted:

Looks like it's Gunner's box (+50) and then 30% from patriot. If they just changed it then oooh boy.

Seditiar posted:

This is correct.

Neat. I never really used Frenzy but I imagine it uses the actual capacity and not the base?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The DZ is likely emptier then normal at the moment because DZ experience doesn’t count toward the season track, even though it’s supposed to.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

People PVP when streamers PVP because they want to PVP with streamers.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Just be glad it wasn’t an elite resource convoy.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That the place you have to destroy the sewer pump or whatever? Yeah I barely managed that on time with a gun build.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The "league" part of the season also just started. This part at least is a 6 outcast PVE events. Each event has 10 stages.

Speed run Bunker, DCD, and Potomac on Challenging. Group or solo.

Bunker: Less than 14 minutes for stage 10.
DCD: Less than 16 minutes for stage 10.
Potomac: Less than 16 minutes on stage 10.

Speed run Roosevelt on Heroic. Less than 25 minutes on stage 10. Group or solo.

The other two events are "Burn Outcasts" - 500 for stage 10 and you just set them on fire, don't need to kill with fire - and kill elite outcasts - 250 for stage 10.

I just did Bunker in slightly over 12 minutes so at least maybe the challenging times aren't ludicrous.

Edit: Good timing Massive, the invasion this week is 2 of your 4 league missions :v:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Bold Robot posted:

I did the boost thing - for leveling from 30 to 40 I should just do the story missions in NYC, right?

That’s the only thing you can do to get to 40.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Snuffman posted:

5 each for the weekly invaded missions
3 for weekly (daily?) Normal Bounties
5 for weekly (daily?) Challenging Bounties
3 for levelling up your SHD level

It's only 1 for a SHD level now but yeah you also get spec points for daily bounties.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

That changed. I got 3 per level today.

Well that's good. I only had to level up a bit of Firewall when NY came out but that wasn't great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Hakarne posted:

Since we're on the topic of Rifle builds... I made a discovery that I don't think is on the youtubes yet. I had an adjustable zoom scope and noticed that you couldn't zoom in when you had your shield out. Curious, I switched over to Sharpshooter spec and placed that beefy +45% Headshot damage scope on my Classic M1A and if you're using your shield it won't make you zoom in!.

So that rifle build? Yeah, add another 45% headshot damage on top of it :getin:. My tests were... encouraging. My boomerang crits were north of 4.5mil with sustained DPS of 14.5 to 15 mil on the target. And I'm not even 100% optimized with my gear yet.

This also gives you a lot of flexibility - you can hang back and snipe from cover, or pop your shield for CQC. It's fun, it's powerful, and something tells me they're going to nerf it :(.

Not to be a killjoy but this is actually very well known :v: You can also combine it with the Focus talent on chests which gives you up to 50% weapon damage if you stay zoomed in (but not actually zoomed in because you're using a shield).

BadLlama posted:

I apparently still have a bunch of weapon mods I haven't unlocked for crafting, when the game came out I unlocked everything but I guess there is a ton of hidden poo poo? How do we get those now with this expansion?

Those blueprints have been in the game for a while. There used to be a daily project (or maybe there still is in WT5?) where you donate some crafting materials and you got a blueprint. Now in post-New York world you can only get those blueprints through the weekly project and by capturing level 3 or 4 Control Points. But since there isn't a way to reliably get control points to flip back red that's a limited resource at the moment (it'll get fixed at some point).

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 19, 2020