Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Question from a newish (I played a ton of D1) player: Is the mortar turret viable in high level play because god drat do I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Is there a good resource for builds and drop locations? Youtube kinda helps but a lot of the info I look up seems outdated.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Ok thanks, that helps. Another noob question: is the stats on gear affected by difficulty level or does it just increase the drop chance?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Morter posted:

I would really love more urban scavengy stuff truth be told. But everything that proports that is heavily PvP/competitive.

Tromping around apartments was some of the most fun I had in Div1 because it was immersive and nostalgic for me. If that was, say, an alternative to grinding bosses/supplement crafting mats in the long haul I'd do it as a relaxing walking (with sometimes shooting) simulator.

Does targeted loot in summit include exotics?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Mr.PayDay posted:

I did not dive too much into Division 2 mechanics, I am more casually farming with only SHD level 150 now and really started to play in the last season 4.

What I found interesting is that I straight jumped from playing hard and challenging only in groups to instant heroic with 3 directives after switching from my negotiators dilemma crit build to a skill build.
I found a capacitator and got the level 90 season exotic Waveform holster. This feels like cheating, because I added 3 empress brand items and 2 Hana U items.

My tier 6 drone and turret now are simply ripping even purple guys asunder and I only have 1 optimized+ recalibrated item with max roll on my empress set.

This skill build just made me keep up with 3 guys that had SHD levels 1000-3000 in the last heroic mission.I finished Summit floor 91 and 92 solo on heroic with directives despite being only SHD level 150 just to test my limits.

After watching some yt guides I realized I am still way behind max rolls and only got 1 of 9 items optimized, do there might be potential.

Any Goon Agents here that play skill builds? What’s the limit you can push? Could this even be a viable legendary solo build?

This is basically me as well. I call it my TV watching spec. If I'm feeling froggy I'll throw on a memento and play more aggressively but I've had very few problems doing anything on heroic.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

I was running around last night trying to finish up the season 4 rewards track and got a Pestilence out of one of the exotic chests and it seems, uh, pretty strong. I only played with it for a little bit but I was using an all red build I kinda threw together for a Bullet King but it seemed to shred heroic enemies no problem. Is there a go-to build for this thing?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

I got a drat near max roll white death yesterday and started digging through my stash to see if I could do anything interesting with it. Turns out I had 4 pieces of tip of the spear and a headhunter chest. I rerolled everything into headshot damage and started 1 shotting heroic elites for 18-20 million damage and was like "alright cool". Vile mask + eclipse protocol has become my favorite though.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I tried vile + eclipse not long ago and it didn’t click with me. What weapons and other gear were you running?

Depends on what I'm doing but generally jammer pulse + sticky bomb or trap/riot foam. Weapon is primarily a Scorpio with a Baker's Dozen for range targets. Sometimes I'll run airburst seeker since it puts a looong burn on targets but it can be hard to get targets to stay in the circle. First slot is always jammer pulse though, it's just stupid good with vile mask. Everything is status effects with skill haste mods. I have a hanna u piece (I think) in the extra slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

I need to be high speed low drag as possible which is why I prefer the tactical socks with sandals.