Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
Agents activated while on the beach represent:

The idea is that I blind my enemies with my fashion and palette choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Snuffman posted:

I really hope so.

I rocked the hobo-division look (pom-pom-touque-4-lyfe) for the entirety of Div1.
I love to think that whenever I show up in a "Tacticool" player's instance, I drive them up the wall. All the Heat-Wave stuff was awesome.

We're supposed to be plain-clothes secret agents who were "activated". Hawaiian shirt and ripped skinny-jeans with sneakers is cannon.

Sadly the upcoming event, "Urban-Jungle", screams tacti-cool. :(

Ugh, wasn't that the last event? And basically all of them other than Sun's Out Guns Out (Heatwave)? While matchmaking, I seem to get a pretty even mix of tacticlol poseurs and Santa hat/Hawaiian shirt fashionistas as teammates, but we definitely need more colorful fun clothing options.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
So, Fashion SHD is very important to me, and I'm not seeing anything about how apparel keys will work after level 40. Does anyone know yet if we're gonna keep getting apparel keys the same way? I know that going forward, Apparel Events will be only for Warlords players, along with Global Events and Seasons, but everything about the SHD Progression levels after 40 completely skips over new clothes (or I somehow skipped over it :) ).

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

The Locator posted:

Thanks. Could have sworn I opened my stash just to check that, but apparently I'm wrong!

Very first safe house I hit the bug where I can't talk to the mission guy, and fast travelling a few times didn't fix it, so I'm just gonna let this percolate tonight and pick it up tomorrow after work.

I did pick up 1 of the shade techs and also thanks to grabbing a level 31 Stoner (shoot forever!!!) LMG I was able to take down an enemy strongpoint killing some yellow dudes and also got a level 31 yellow SMG. Fun running around in all new areas. Does seem like far fewer random patrols and bad guys than in DC, but I'm just in the first area so I imagine things will change.

Also, it's good to be blowing up cleaners with their own gas again... I missed that.

You only got one of the SHD tech, which means you didn't finish the district liberation project. That's why the safehouse person isn't talking to you. It's not a bug, it's just not explained very well.

Unless I'm misreading you and you did finish the project and they still won't talk to you. In which case, that bug is annoying.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Admiral Joeslop posted:

A yellow boss spawned for me in those sewers and dropped a key that opened the door to the SHD tech. I think the trigger was getting into another door that required shooting a yellow panel through the glass on the door.

So be careful doing this one. I was exploring the sewer on my way to unlock the safehouse, and found the big guy and the key but must have missed the door that leads to the cache, or at least missed the cache itself. The key disappears when you log out. Now whenever I shoot the yellow panel through the door (that's supposed to open the door to the room with the dude), the panel shorts out, but the door doesn't open. I found a thread on the ubi forum from someone with the same bug that theorized that getting the key sets a flag so you can't get it again. I don't know how accurate that is, but I have a plan: a buddy of mine is going to make a new character, boost to 30, and invite me to his group once he's in New York and ready to go after the cache. Hopefully that will work!

At least the projects aren't actually tied to the story, which is what I thought was the case yesterday, and I'm glad I was wrong about that. It's just annoying rather than progress-killing.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
I'm not quite 40 yet (just got to 38 from the Dragov mission for the sticky bomb), but I've got a few little complaints. They're probably mostly just annoying to me, personally. First, why does the button to mark a spot on the map also switch tabs on the map? And why is map navigation seemingly the one category that they don't let you rebind anything on? Hold-to-activate is still annoying, especially when it completes the action before the bar even fills - why not just make the action a single click? Or, here's a novel idea: if the key you want to use for an action is already being used for something else, then USE. OTHER. KEYS. Those are mostly all release-day complaints from the first game, though. As for a new one: why does the hive (haven't tried other skills yet) not give back half the charges if you cancel it early anymore? Finally, I'm torn between annoyance and respect for the top-tier troll: why did they add "pet the dog!" for New York, give an entire animal shelter safehouse (full of good dogs sitting there waiting for pets), and then not let you interact in any way with any of them?

I'm still enjoying the game, despite those annoyances. New York feels almost like it did in the first game, and very different from DC, which is good. With some of the Keener audiologs (the "Mark and Sarah" ones mostly), you'd think they were trying to reform him into being something other than an unrepentant sociopath bastard, but that's crazy talk.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

FAUXTON posted:

you can interact with nearly every dog in the game, you just can only pet one.

Not the ones in the animal shelter, but fair point. Killing them is a form of interaction.

Cyrano4747 posted:

My guess? Consoles. You have limited key real estate on a controller, and they probably want the various key bindings to be a 1:1 translation (i.e. not having a bunch of extra keys on PC that the others don't have).

That's probably it, but it doesn't make it any less annoying.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 7, 2020

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
hey wow double post while editing. first time for that!

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Digital Osmosis posted:

Hive resets from zero charges if you remote-cancel it but you can get save your leftover charges by going up to it and physically picking it up (same button as cancel or deploy, but a prompt comes up if you're close enough.)

I'd loving love if you could get charges back from remote-canceling, especially now that being out of cover for a tenth of a second is a death sentence, but it's been that way for ages.

The other skills that let you wait half as long for a cooldown if you remote canceled the skill seem to not be working, not sure if that's a bug or a feature.

Weird question of my own: what does +status effect do, actually? Make statuses last longer? Do more damage? Both?

I know about picking it back up. I'm pretty sure that was the first thing I noticed after the patch where they added it. But sometimes I throw it in an inconvenient/inaccessible location, and it would be nice to not completely reset the charges when I only used a few of them. Or like you said: being out of cover is deadly if you're still in a fight, and sometimes the waves are now coming from the other side of the arena than they were when you threw your hive out. I liked being able to early-cancel and still have a few charges to burn if a new group rushed out from a flanking position or something.

I'm pretty sure it's a 'feature' now if it's applying to the other skills, unfortunately. I can't say for sure what +status effect does, but I would guess it makes them last longer. So yes, that means more damage (overall), just not per tick. I could be wrong about that, though.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Mar 7, 2020

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Inspector Hound posted:

I got the exploding rolly ball mines, but I picked the cluster bomb kind and I think I should have picked the kind that splits into a bunch of little bombs and seeks out targets. I guess I'm asking a) how do I upgrade or boost or whatever my skills, so those bombs hurt more and b) will I be and to go back and pick seekers or whatever they're called later

You want to look for "Skill Tier +1" on gear pieces. It will fill up a bar in the lower right of the inventory, and as you fill more of those bars, your skills will have more charges, do more damage, and have faster cooldowns. After you get the initial 8 skills (one variant of each skill), you can use SHD tech to unlock the variants you didn't choose the first time, with the exception of the Specialization versions, which you get with the corresponding Specialization (endgame stuff, so you won't have to worry about those for a while).

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

OgNar posted:

Yeah, spend the SHD tech as you want, I still have near 100 left and should probably just use them to buy all the different drones/turrets etc.

There's enough SHD tech in the game to get everything that requires SHD tech, so there's no reason to save it for anything that might come up in the future. If they add something else that requires SHD tech, they will add more SHD tech to get it.

SHD tech.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Fabricated posted:

On a casual play level it's kinda silly. On challenging yellowbar healer lunchboxes have a shitzillion HP when they're NOT throwing them INSIDE geometry so you almost can't shoot them. Running out of ammo multiple times as a gunner spec trying to kill a single boss heavy with a full group is interesting too.

So you're saying it's... challenging?

Sorry, you did set that one up perfectly. :)

It might just be that the new difficulty stuff is less than a week old, and people haven't had time to level (shd levels, not 31-40) and gear up for more difficult content.

I do agree with you, though - things feel overtuned right now. I don't think there was a PTS for TU 8 (not for Warlords, but the other stuff like gear and especially difficulty), but maybe there should have been. Hopefully they just erred on the side of over-doing it rather than under-doing it, and they'll drop things back down to more reasonable levels soon.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 8, 2020

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

explosivo posted:

This is a dumb obvious thing but I like that on the NY map all the Christmas stuff is still up but way more run down than it was in the last game because of the amount of time passed. They could have easily said gently caress it and made the city less Christmasey but I love the idea that the city is perpetually stuck in this Christmas zone because that was when poo poo hit the fan.

There's some of that in DC, too, notably the little Christmas Town you go through on the way to the White House in the beginning. I like the Celebration Hotel (in New York) that's still playing holiday music. I just picture one Cleaner being really into it, singing along loudly and off-key, and threatening his buddies with the torch if they dare turn off the music.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
I put together a Bulwark Whatever 4-piece set with shield (obviously) and jammer pulse, and it's such a different playstyle than skill-wizard. I have the (not set piece) chest talent that gives teammates +45% of my armor for 20 seconds whenever I pop the shield (my shield is also invulnerable for 5 seconds), which generally doubles everyone's armor (I'm giving about 600k bonus armor). I ran a bunch of bounties and missions with a clanmate/random groups and the only times my shield got destroyed were during heroic boss fights (mostly did challenging, but tried a couple heroics near the end of the night) and when I overextended myself way too much. I'm using the firestarter shield right now, because it's the only specialization I haven't maxed out yet. I like the idea of buffing my teammates' damage while I take all the bullets, but I can't see the cone behind me so I don't know how close they need to be. I'm also more focused on finding the biggest group so I can burn through a chatterbox mag in half a second than making sure my team can take cover behind me. My clanmate recommended I switch to jammer pulse from the striker drone (I was using the drone while running solo, because it helped kill things slightly faster and followed me around from fight to fight), and it was a definite fun-improvement. It's great against BT, especially when I can get multiple dogs in the blast, but like most things with this build, you're relying on your team to focus on them.

I ate 75 million damage on one mission, while my teammates took about 3-6 mil each, and I never went down (one of them did, though). Definitely better in a group, since it takes forever to kill things while solo, even though you're almost never in danger of dying yourself. I've been using a Chatterbox since I got a level 40 one from the weekly project, but then my buddy told me that we can upgrade exotics to 40 now (took a break partway through season one for pandemic-related reasons), so I can upgrade my Chameleon and give that a shot, since I've been reading good things about it from some of you here, and it seems like it would fit my shield-build playstyle of "get right up in their face."

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 26, 2020

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

It's so weird that this game about a corrupt government's failed response to an outbreak of a deadly virus has so many parallels to our reality of a corrupt government's failed response to an outbreak of a deadly virus.

Do you remember when they said that Division 2 (a game set in Washington DC where one of the main antagonists turns out to be the President of the United States) wasn't making any political statements?

I think someone at Massive/Red Storm has a time machine and they're using it for the dumbest thing.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 4, 2020

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Guillermus posted:

Red Storm has been making Tom Clancy games for over two decades. If there's still a veteran there, that guy breathes Clancy literature so making something that suddenly becomes reality is not that weird. Kojima predicted the stranding in the US too :haw:

I was going to say that Red Storm was formed to make Rainbow Six (because they have the same initials), but it turns out that I was wrong, and R6 was just the first big hit they had, and that they were founded by the actual Tom Clancy to make Tom Clancy's Video Games, so I wouldn't put it past them to have a Clancy AI somewhere coming up with these plots based on feeding it news articles and Jack Ryan books/movies.

Also, checking that made me nostalgic for Rogue Spear terrorist hunt lan parties. :)

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 4, 2020

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
The Vile mask from the season reward track is a good complement to an Eclipse build. "Status effects also apply a damage over time debuff for 10s. Total damage dealt is equal to 50% of your concussion grenade damage and increased by your status effect abilities."

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Psion posted:

Yeah I'm going to try Vile (just got it today) on Eclipse. But I've run with it in groups both as the eclipse user and as the 6 red DPS guy and it's absolutely worth a slot for most groups but it's not essential for any group - this is good balance, imo. It just smooths out so many rough edges when the AI is perpetually under a status effect, and if the damage DOT stacks with my fire DOT, well, that's all the better.

It does stack! It also gives damage to stuff like blinder firefly and shock traps (makes some of the Hollywood challenges a little more fun, at least). It's not as good of an enemy-indicator as the cluster seeker, but seeing rows of status effect DoTs show up all over the screen because someone in the first wave burned to death is really satisfying.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

squirrelzipper posted:

Super casual player, accidentally finished WONY story in a group, no biggie, but now it’s a question of what do? Normally I can only play for an hour or so, I either do a mission or just random matchmake on the map. I like the overall gameplay loop enough to just keep doing that, I’m not worried about getting raid ready it w/e, but I did find the open world getting easy so I changed to hard to redo control points. Basically if I want to keep progressing, don’t have a lot of time and don’t mind repetitive poo poo what’s the goon recommend path?

E: no exotics yet other than chameleon.

E2; the answer is just shoot poo poo isn’t it? Imma just go shoot poo poo some more...

Shoot poo poo is indeed the answer, but if you're looking for specific stuff, don't forget to hit up the targeted zones/missions. This is useful for getting gear sets (West Potomac Park is especially good for this): run back and forth across a zone doing activities (if you leave the control points alone, they keep spawning activities, and every activity rewards you with targeted loot).

As a side bonus, the 80%+ of the gear set pieces that you pick up that turn out to be crap can be scrapped for electronics!

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Shumagorath posted:

Look out for a Mechanical Animal which I find makes a good compliment to Harmony / In-Sync.

Yeah, Mechanical Animal is pretty nice for a skill build. My only problem with it is that the talent isn't called Perfect Future Perfect.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

anime tupac posted:

Yeah that's exactly the mission I have in mind, fwiw. Kandel was a good character and her being kinda bored with you throughout that mission is what made me like her.

Kandel is also a total nerd about stuff sometimes. There's a mission where she takes over the radio to make sure the unseen NPC cleanup team is doing everything properly, and you can almost hear the dude responding to her rolling his eyes as he tells her that yes, they know what they're doing. I forget most of the context and almost everything about the mission itself, but I remember her ending it by saying something like "let's move this to another channel so we don't bore the agents."

I just remembered that Faye calls you "age" (like short for "agent") in that mission (and a few other times) and it always sounded weird to me.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 30, 2020

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

anime tupac posted:

I completely remember that too, she's talking about how to make sure the cleanup team that comes in after you knows how to administer vaccines and stuff I think. I like that, I like that she's kind of an overbearing nerd. She has a PhD and I'm just some grunt; she should be

Oh, I wasn't disagreeing with you, just to be clear. Kandel was great, all the time (until the speedrun endgame stage, like someone mentioned earlier), and I'm really bummed that she was the only one of the main cast who didn't come back In Warlords.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Morter posted:

Enemy control point detected

Russians nearby.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
*remembers people lining up in the Brooklyn safehouse to activate a computer in the first game*

Division is basically always broken. When they fix it, they break it again somewhere else. I say this while having bought both games within a week of launch. I love my broken-rear end Tom Clancy's Diablo with guns.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 24, 2020

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

FAUXTON posted:

No those are the "ammo hoarder" and "cool skills" directives, it isn't a bug

Cool Skills is gone, according to the patch notes: "Scavenged Skills – (Replaces “Cool Skills”): Skill cooldowns do not progress on their own. Agents must collect Skill Parts as drops from enemies and broken weak points. Each part collected reduces cooldowns."

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Ygolonac posted:

Running past a puddle, actually.

That character looks kind of like a young Michael Douglas playing a biker, with long loose hair and the Lemmystache.

Might try decoy & firey poopflinger a bit when hunting that last SHD case. Looking at my numbers, the decoy is 190% threat, which hopefully will draw a crowd.

I keep running into elites that have a number as a "name", is that supposed to be that way? Not certain that I've run into any unscripted rogues, if I did it was in the middle of a fight and either they got whacked or I did. I have gotten ISAC alerts for things like "rogue airburst seeker mine detected", but the only SHD glitching I've seen was with the True Sons jammer mission, and the SHD agent distress call where the dude shocktrapped me and then left without killing me, back in DC>

I really liked that hunter mission. I kinda wish there had been a follow-up later on where you could confront him again and he wouldn't run away.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hunter Fury / Scorpio (or any shotgun) with Firewall shield is the way to go. Grabbing from the discord

Chest and backpack are the only pieces you really need to grind for (or settle for other talents in them) otherwise just go wherever HF is dropping and grab a set.

I have a HF setup pretty close to that. It's not fully optimized (I still have a blue dot in there and some of the stats aren't maxed), and I'm using the Matador backpack (Perfect Adrenaline Rush), with Lady Death and The Mop for guns. Firewall shield and revive hive for emergency button skills. It works very well, but you can die very quickly.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Jose Oquendo posted:

I still can't loving believe there's not even a hint of a new Splinter Cell game. Just this poo poo where they drop Sam Fisher and Echelon stuff into games as DLC. They went a whole console generation without a new title.

Old Sam in GR: Wildlands was such a loving tease. I remember the idea at the time being "they're definitely making a new SC game, why else would they have gotten Michael Ironside to come back as Sam?" and being hyped for a new Splinter Cell, and then so disappointed when nothing happened. Until Breakpoint, when they did the same loving thing, and then it just felt like they were doing it on purpose.

At least I got a nice chuckle at the end of the Wildlands stuff (I think that's what it's from), when Sam finds out that his only contemporary finally retired, because "Sam and Solid Snake are work buddies" is a fun little thing and I always like when it comes up.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
I thought xDefiant was just a non-mobile version of Tom Clancy's Elite Squad with an edgier name. You don't remember Elite Squad? It was that game where you play characters from The Division, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, and Other Tom Clancy Universe Games! It is now dead, looks like the servers were shut down in October.

Why the gently caress do they want to make "Tom Clancy's Metaverse" a thing so badly? I'm pretty sure the answer is "money," because it usually is, but why is someone so intent on getting Sam Fisher's Daughter, Willie "Shitballs" Johnson from Wildlands, and Some Cleaner Dude In A Gas Mask to fight with/against each other?

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Feb 12, 2022

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Morter posted:

Nothing would make me happier than this being Nomad's actual name

It couldn't be Nomad. It'd be the 4th squad member or something (probably the guy that gets offed in the beginning of Breakpoint), or maybe the guy you played in the DLC where you weren't Nomad.

Unless I'm way off-base and Elite Squad and xDefiant actually used the "star" characters from their own games, like Sam Fisher (obviously voiced by Michael Ironside because gently caress YOU UBI I WANT ANOTHER ACTUAL SPLINTER CELL GAME THAT ISN'T JUST A REMAKE OF THE FIRST ONE) or, uh... Faye Lau, maybe?

edit: I was probably actually subconsciously thinking of Blind Willie Johnson.
edit2: have some more: "John the Revelator"

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 12, 2022

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
Is the new apparel event live? If so, how does it compare to the best apparel event, Heat Wave? I already know the answer is "poorly," I just want to know what they came up with this time instead of more fun summer clothes.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 30, 2022

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Dandywalken posted:

Crash fix is next week? Stopped playing due to it

MREBoy posted:

loving game went :happyelf: on me right in the middle of the final manhunt season mission... sooo pissed off right now :argh: :bang: Gotta say what I got through seemed to be leading up to a whole lotta :crossarms: and :stonklol:

I had also stopped playing because of crashes/black screen on startup. The patch seems to have fixed my issues though - I just ran bounties with pubbies for an hour or so to test it, and had no problems at all. Hopefully you two (and everyone else) will be able to play again, too!

edit: Also the new apparel event is dumb. The best outfit is the LED one because of the goggles and the blue hoodie, and guess what isn't part of the outfit? I'm pretty sure the rest of the outfits come with shirts. I wasn't expecting Sun's Out Guns Out, part 2, but it's just mean to tease people with clothes in primary colors and then not deliver.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Aug 11, 2022

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
I shouldn't be surprised, but apparently the general community for this game is of the (bad) opinion that the Sun's Out Guns Out apparel event was the worst one by far. That is insane. The only one that's even close to as good as that one was the recent one with the LED mask, and that mask is really the best thing from it.

"That Seattle coat seems to be popular. Must be because of the hood. Let's make more hoodies, but they should all be black and/or camo-pattern. You know, like 80% of the rest of the clothing options in this game."

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Roman posted:

was that the one with hawaiian shirts and stuff? all the tacticlol guys complained so much that the next event was all black tactical outfits with a skull mask

i'm not a goofy outfit guy myself but I'm glad they're there for people who want them

Yes, I think the actual name had Summer in it, but "Sun's Out Guns Out" is a pretty good description. It's amazing how mad people got about one small set of (optional!) clothes for their military barbie dress-ups. I still rock the summer face mask, floral shirt (Bermuda?), floral shorts (Havana? I might be mixing up shirt and shorts names), and YOLO hat (from making a permadeath/"hardcore" character - maybe you need to hit level 2 or something first? I can't remember). Nobody's said anything, of course, but I can dream that the dudes who look like Black Tusk cosplayers are getting angry about me "ruining immersion" by dressing for a day at the beach and/or glitterbombing the rest of the party every time we have to gather up before the next objective.

I was activated during a well-deserved vacation and I'm going to make the most of this trip to DC, drat it! Now let's go check out this museum and set fire to a bunch of assholes.

Shumagorath posted:

Did they make a tanktop or sleeveless that doesn’t look like total ratshit yet?

IMO, no. There are a couple of tight-fitting short-sleeved shirts that aren't too bad (like the Jill Valentine one but in other colors and without the holster/straps), but I think all the actual sleeveless ones still look dumb.

There's another hoodie in the new apparel event, but it is camo-patterned and was rejected instantly by me. I'm sure some people like it though.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 22, 2022

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
Disclaimer: I've been running Eclipse Protocol/Vile mask with fire and the beehive, so most of my time is spent watching status effect icons pop all over the hud, and if that's not happening, I'm probably going to die soon.

Chirpy wasn't too bad with a full (pubbie) group. I was mostly just setting everything on fire and throwing out the beehive whenever it came off cooldown, because it would burn through all 18 charges in like 3 seconds. There was at least one turret and one rolly-ball cluster mine going too, and I think those were probably the same player. The other two might have been more red-dot focused, I didn't really get a chance to look at their gear or anything. It took a while, but I don't think anyone other than me went down in the big fight at the end (I love the bird call she does when she finally shows up). I ran out front to throw the hive as far as I could, (I'm wearing the YOLO hat, so I can't not take stupid risks sometimes), but then got dropped almost immediately and had to crawl back to the rest of the group, who were all smartly and safely behind the columns.

Micro had way more robo-dog bullshit.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Nov 3, 2022

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

swims posted:

Thanks for that write up.

Starting to gear up a little bit and not get wasted by armor guys on sight.

The setting and atmosphere are really well done in this game. Wild that this came out before Covid.

Yeah, Div 1 has such good... worldbuilding, I guess? I like the "urban winter" setting, and stuff like the massive (:haw:) piles of garbage everywhere and over-run government aid stations/camps. That mission where you go down into the subway tunnels (I think) and off to one side are (spoilers for what I think is a pretty early mission for Paul Rhodes just in case you haven't done it yet) just piles and piles of bodybags is a pretty big "holy poo poo, there are a LOT of dead people" moment. Then you go into the Dark Zone for the first time, and it's even worse.

drat, I might have to reinstall Division 1 soon. The second game is better in pretty much every other way, but the setting never compared to "dead winter NYC." :)

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 6, 2022

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
I reinstalled Division 1 and played a few side missions in the first district until I hit level 5, then went up to take back the BoO.

Survival still rules, you guys. The main game still holds up too, at least visually. It's a little rough missing some of the smoothness and QoL features that 2 has, but I haven't had a single crash in the couple of hours that I've been playing, unlike some other games in the Tom Clancy's The Division franchise.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 17, 2022

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Unless posted:

fixed my crashes by adding the game folder to the excluded list of my antivirus/windows defender

Thanks for the tip, I'll see if it helps!

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

bamhand posted:

But what if I am bad and want the guy to rez me as I'm trying to clear out the enemies?

I tried getting a group for this on heroic and it was like bashing our head against a wall. Furthest we got was 2 EMP's down. Ended up doing it on normal and it was still very unpleasant until I switched over to a Foundry Bulwark build. The mission seems waaay overtuned. Infinite spawning enemies from all directions and you have to hold a point with an invulnerable EMP blasting you.

I think they've been overtuning the last few Manhunt targets. It seems to me like they're mostly saying "eat poo poo, skill builds."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Jose Oquendo posted:

I like the new Descent mode, but it kinda sucks right now because from what I noticed, you can't get apparel event keys when leveling up in there.

We need a :dice: smilie but for Massive and/or Ubisoft Bucharest.