Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

All the newcomers late to The Division party should be referred to as $3rd Wave Agents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Ha ha. They’re putting a gigantic exotic LMG in the expansion called The Bullet King. Nice nod to a legend

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/1233467135499870208

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

JockstrapManthrust posted:

Well, it was up, but then the servers crashed and I can't back in to continue laughing at how oversimplified the gear + mods are now.

Its now at the level of "put make better thing on tough tough gloves for make shooty better".

I fully expect that having had the player Base moan that the gear systems in D1 and D2 are too complicated for half a decade we will now see non stop complaining that they are too simple/easy

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Well I’m on PS4 in the UK and the expansion is live for me !?!? Playing it now

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Can report from PS4 that it’s pretty loving cool right off the bat.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jose Oquendo posted:

I don't know if it's just because it's new, but already I think NYC is more visually interesting than DC.

There seem to be a lot more people and police cars strung up

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

cougar cub posted:

Wait, I thought the expansion came out tomorrow - it’s already live?

Yes. They’ve screwed up. It’s live on PS4 and Xbox. I’ve been playing it all day in the UK

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

They’ve really put some effort into the missions. No spoilers but the showdown with the cleaners is brilliantly put together

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

OgNar posted:

They seem to be much harder here.
There is one on a roof with a parachute drop right next to it, I still haven't found a way up to it.
Circled that whole block multiple times.

There is a patch tomorrow to fix the mission giver bug.

I was driving myself nuts in Two Bridges until I realised all 3 of them involved a “shoot the rope” technique. They’ve gone big on this for some reason

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I used LMGs throughout Washington and thought I’d make a switch to AR for the new expansion. Was enjoying it until I picked up one of those Stoners - going full Rambo and unloading 200+ rounds on the Cleaners is just too much fun

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Right. I’m going into New York for a few solid hours. Anyone on PS4 want to add Krunchkin and come and kill some cleaners then please do

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I figured that part of it is stuff being tied to interactions that you’re not primed to look for, but there’s one underground in the financial district that’s baffling me. I’m in the tunnels, I can see it at a 90 degree turn with grating on either side... and no way in at all. I found a door that I shot the lock off of but it was a dead end.

I just did this one. The door at the other end of the room can be opened. - it has a padlock on its outside. You need to go round to the other side of it and shoot the padlock off through the railings.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Apparently there are perfect damage roll gloves at the Clan Vendor y’all

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I honestly think it’s better to play story missions for the first time on your own so you can soak it up and poke about. They’ve put so much effort into the environment on these missions that it’s a crime to rush through it all

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The second pic is The Continental from John Wick, right?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Do the bosses any way you want. It doesn’t matter

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Do side missions not show on the map? I have a bunch of missions in my progression tab called “Garage Stash”, “Missing Curators” etc and they are not marked on the map at all

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Weak point shots on cleaners are so much more satisfying in this game. As near as I can tell, D1’s cleaner explosions didn’t have any kind of splash to nearby enemies.

Guys walking around with easily damaged explosive tanks on their backs have nearly the dumbest post apocalyptic strategy in the game. Second only to the dudes who think it’s a good move in a city full of lunatics armed to the teeth with heavy weapons to cosplay as Robin Hood with bows and dustbin lids

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

boscoman posted:

Sooooo many trash ninjas in WONY. So, so many.

Really loving the claustrophobic feeling of NY. Every street is atmospheric and the sheer amount of detail and love that is poured into the environment is impressive. I didn't realize how much I missed exploring rooftops, but discovering little tableaus like where there are chairs and tables set up is immensely satisfying.

Whenever you come across them they always seem to be having their asses handed to them by a Riker or Cleaner. I feel guilty killing them

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Interesting tip from Reddit..

PSA: Kill Lieutenants first to decrease the health of other enemies

When groups of enemies spawn, some of them will sometimes be lieutenants who give a health buff to those around them.

You can tell there is a lieutenant around because all of the other enemies will have an extra green health bar. Lieutenants have a double chevron icon and are typically gold or purple. By killing them, it will reduce the health of the other enemies receiving their buff.

Knowing this and exploiting it will make a dramatic difference in your time to kill on groups

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

ratbert90 posted:

No new DZ is a bummer. GOTY ruined. :colbert:

An all new NYC dark zone incorporating all the best bits of Div1 and 2 really would be the icing on the cake.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I know Reddit is furious about the changes in enemy AI and TTK but the changes to the recal library and essentially allowing you to collect up the talents and attributes like a scrapbook is such an incredibly good idea.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The Locator posted:

In the TTK category, probably the most annoying thing I've noticed so far (still in Story) is that the drones are all but impossible to target and kill before they get to me now, whereas in DC I was really good at taking drones out of the sky. Even red drones absorb a huge amount of damage to bring down, and now they throw a lot more drones in the air at once it seems, making me just get shot up a bunch while I'm dodging drone explosions that I couldn't kill before they got to me.

Of course it might be that I'm just bad. I know my gear/setup is probably bad, but at level 40 a rifle that hits for 150k (235k headshots) takes 4 or 5 hits to drop red guys, and seems like it takes just as much damage to drop the drones, whereas before they didn't feel nearly that tanky.

No it’s not you. Drones def come at you much faster now and have more Health. They’re on top of you dropping fire bombs before you can get a lock on it

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This game sure does seem to know that I like LMGs, ARs and SmGs and insist on giving me a fuckton of every known iteration of Marksman Rifles and shotguns at every possible opportunity

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

For the love of God has anyone found a way to stop Manny talking about Kenly loving College?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Bullet King only drops from Rikers in NYC right? So basically Wall St and Bounties?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Seditiar posted:

Got kicked out of the game 5 times in 15 minutes. I guess the maintenance broke more than it fixed.

E: Seems stable now.

I just had a fantastic run through Wall Street with a great PUG who knew what they were doing and got kicked just as we got to the trading floor. Ffs

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Haven’t seen much mention of Tip of the Spear on here. 2 pieces giving me 10% more explosion from demolitionist and 3 pieces giving 10% weapon damage seems pretty tasty to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

What are people’s thoughts on Protection from Elites as a stat? Worth it?