Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Psion posted:

I do more damage with my level 36 character i'm putting through WONY right now. the issue at hand is not health scaling.

No you donít

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Running demo, tons of status effect, vile mask, and using disrupt pulse to kill people is insanely funny

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

skaianDestiny posted:

Yeah blue builds are poo poo for anything other than PvP. Red and skill builds are balanced for PvE, not so much blue.

Iíll put on a blue shield build when my pubbies are absolute morons who should be playing below heroic

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Hulk Krogan posted:

I do this, and I also put CHC mods in my armor slots on my turret/drone build since skill haste isn't super important there anyway. It's really nice not being limited to a pea shooter on a SHD wizard build for once.

Anyway I took the advice to switch my ND build to all reds and yeah, you all were right. Who needs defense when everything is dead?

Blue core foxís prayer

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

I killed the two hunters solo on heroic the first time I did it (not my first attempt, mind you) because I didnít know the meta was to sit back in the door.

Itís possible legit 1v2 but I donít understand how you could do it 4v5 because like one nice oxidizer shot can gently caress up everything and they can hit anyone on your team from anywhere.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Also I think I rather see a Division 3 do just one big open world / region that is all a dark zone, essentially and give a higher risk/rewards for agents going rogue / doing PVP instead of it being this separate thing altogether.

What

Seriously tho, bad idea. The problem is that they still havenít figured out how to make the pvp a cover shooter, as opposed to a very janky 3rd person action game. Until then the audience of people who like PvE and the people who like pvp are incompatible and making it all pvevp would kill the game real dead.

And donít get me wrong, I used to basically live in the div1 dz because you could actually pvevp in there and it owned, but it still wasnít for everyone.

In div1 I loved going in solo with a build that could absolutely gently caress someone up if necessary provided I dictated the engagement, but more just farming and sneaking in and around the edges of pvp engagements. You canít do that in div2 and I basically never set foot in the div2 dzs.

Anyway it absolutely astounds me they havenít brought back survival, yet another casualty of their dumb dz setup in div2.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

One of my favorite moves in D1 dz was to gank a guy who got separated from his four man, and then fake out an extract in one area and skeddadle to another extract to successfully extract it.*

You canít do that at all in div2 because one group can easily lock up every extract zone at once.

*If they were shitlords and it was something good, Iíd send them video of me dismantling it

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I got them from a kneepad targeted area activity clear. They seem like they could make a fun build with something that has a stupid reload time.

Yeah guess I need to farm that.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

monkeytennis posted:

Yeah I think itís weird that youíre 70 floors up a building and thereís a plant room with all sorts of machinery in it, then the next one is framed out like the carpenter is coming in tomorrow and then the next one is a fully equipped office floor.

Youíd be surprised how many tall buildings are exactly like this.

When tenants move the new ones often take the floors down to vanilla shell if not bare metal/wood

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think ultimately the gameís biggest fault is the re-use of mission locations. You go through the missions once for the story. Cool. Then oh no BTSU has invaded you have to re-do the exact same mission maps but with different enemies now. Ok. And now for 4 seasons weíve had manhunts that... also make us do the exact same missions.... to get a bounty which is probably in a mission location... to hunt the actual manhunt target... which is you guessed it in a mission location but with different enemies. And while the bosses may be in different sections... you go through the maps the exact same way.

Even bounties are sometimes in mission areas. Thereís so many buildings and open areas in both the DC and NY maps they could have fleshed out with each season/update but just... didnít. Even the mission maps could have been handled differently as far as routes/pathing goes.

The most fun I continually get of the game is clearing control points and doing open world poo poo where various activities can and often overlap since itís the most dynamic the game gets to be.

Dude I dare you to play Destiny 2

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Ygolonac posted:

Bounties (manhunt or regular) should involve more than "go here, whack x many standard encounters before targets show up". Start the bounty with a vague general area where the target was last seen, now you can start clearing wandering [s]monsters]/s] patrols, stomp activities and all to get clues that may lead you to where the target was headed next.

"May?" Yup - rear end in a top hat McHyena *did* move down into that subway station to party, but hosed off because a triple-strength BT tech-support crew showed up to do some field-testing of six robodogs. Guess you better finish them before you can poke around to see what clues might be left.

Have it so the target kites you across half the map, maybe getting sneaky and laying a trail that will make you have to clear a CP or mission location because *they* ninja'd through but alerted the other enemies as they left, or cut a deal to have the locals gently caress you up. "Here's four kilos of spice, True Sons, have a party stomping that Division fuckwit."

Running fights, keeping you on the go and burning your ammo and supplies because you can't just head back to base and restock, you're on the clock. Other fights you get caught up in, because all the flavor text of what the target is up to means they're still flaming civilians or whatever, and you need to bust up that poo poo for supplies/more clues/goodwill. "Oh, it's that one Division rear end in a top hat that let Freddy and his crew get blown to poo poo because they were in a hurry, gently caress no don't give 'em a fuckin' thing. Take a few shots to keep 'em moving, too."

So, you finally catch up - either because the target got slowed down by enemies, or loving around doing Bad Guy poo poo, or they just got somewhere they feel is a good spot to murder you at. "Hey, watch-girl! You want me, well, my buddies Books and Diesel and Dime wanna play too. Step on out, maybe we kill you quick."

Or "What the gently caress is that firefight at the construction site? Someone call in a quadcopter to check it out!"

Or "Hey Sammy, go do this particular thing when the gunfire starts, then run like a motherfucker because four total badass Hunters are gonna come out all frisky, and none of us wanna be there for that. You'll be fine."

"Hey boss, did you just get Sammy killed?"

"He was never gonna pay back what he owned any of us, gently caress 'im. Get set up in cover, we'll let watch-girl soften up those Hunters before we kill *everything*."

Make the player *work* for it.

Instead? Go to Location X. Kill outside squad. Enter building, kill next squad. Continue to next area, repeat. Next area, targets. Done! Worst you get is random patrols, or convoys passing nearby, or oh look an activity next door.

"Agent, we just got word your target passed through Checkpoint Golf into the DZ. Don't let them come back out..."

Sounds like a story mission

You should just play random story missions

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Good, a new title for games as a service content is dumb AF

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Jose Oquendo posted:

If they want to go down this route there's a lot of things that need overhauled IMO and they need a true next-gen version of it.

Canít wait for div 3 to come out and look nice but redo a bunch of systems and make bad gameplay and mechanics choices that take years to unwind and get to slightly below par relative to late stage div2

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Div2 wasnít a flop it just had an entirely hosed endgame and loot system for a very long time, which was annoying because div1 was still in a great spot when div2 launched.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Runaway Legs posted:

We can't really be bothered with farming for specific builds and poo poo, so challenging is probably where we'll stay. But holy poo poo it's a blast.

Why not? Spending a one or two hours in a zone with the targeted loot you want is pretty much guaranteed to give you the pieces you need to throw something ďgood enoughĒ together.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hunter Fury / Scorpio (or any shotgun) with Firewall shield is the way to go. Grabbing from the discord

Chest and backpack are the only pieces you really need to grind for (or settle for other talents in them) otherwise just go wherever HF is dropping and grab a set.

Lol jfc

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Doctor_Acula posted:

Thanks, all.

I must have accidentally recalibrated my Scoripo, because that boy is not in my inventory.

I got like 4 Hunter pieces from the Summit, but I don't think they're good? The set is nice but all the pieces are red and the shield tiers of blue and yellow? So i have to calibrate out weapon damage?

The whole gear system is greek to me.

The shield in a HF is there for backup and oh poo poo moments.

You should be running around blasting nonstop

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

I heard a good theory that the abrupt Faye ending was because they originally wrote a final ending for Div2 via that mission but backed it out at the last second once they decided to keep making more div2 stuff.

Seems like at least a possibility.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Kibayasu posted:

It works for anything that applies a status effect but itís not really worth using even on a build that does nothing but apply status effects.

Not true at all, a vile mask disruption pulse / riot foam build using hard wired absolutely locks down black/white tuskers, agents and hunters

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Wamdoodle posted:

neat! what's the build?

Vile is based off of conc nade damage and status effect attributes.

Demo class (to make a conc grenade do more damage) vile, glass cannon China light chest for explosive damage boost to conc and amplified damage from the perk, 4 pieces of Hard wired rolled to status effects (backpack is required for perk).

Killing poo poo with pulse and foam is never not funny, and on harder difficulties you play on a team that can deal damage, so they get to shoot at a bunch of stunlocked dudes and perma disabled bigdogs

You just gotta learn to precisely space your pulses and foam launches and youíll have 100% uptime

A Buffer Gay Dude fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 15, 2021

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

UnknownMercenary posted:

Not sure why you've chosen Hard Wired when Eclipse Protocol exists.

So you can spam the skills.

eclipse gives you a bit more status effect but enjoy waiting 40s to get your pulse back

And you donít need the status effect spread. Pulse hits everything.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

I used this to pull 3 absolute moron randos through heroic + directive Fay Lau manhunt mission, itís funny as hell. Give it a shot.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Shumagorath posted:

Yeah, sure you did.

Lol what is your problem?

Guy on internet has a fun build and shares it, time to get real mad!!!

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

kirbysuperstar posted:

Could just run the skill shard directive and get them back way more often

Itís not the best with this, as you donít really have skill haste so your reset costs arenít cheap.

That directive is mega unfun unless youíre running reds or the classic capacitor/turret/drone style stuff imho, which is just so boring at this point.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

UnknownMercenary posted:

Yeah I have my doubts about the killing power of a build that solely relies on Vile to hurt things especially in 4 player Heroic.

In 4 player heroic you donít kill them instantly. You stun everything forever while doing damage that stops overheals and finishes guys off, and your teammates do killing on stunned idiots that arenít in cover.

In single player or in the dz you just kill them. Run capacitor in SP.

Edit: just joined a heroic 100 floor to run numbers, each pulse does approx 97.5kdmg x 13 tics on everything it hits, foam does 75kdmg tics. This is on top of the status effects benefits of a t6yellow build with pumped status effect stats to lock everyone up.

And by the time your pulse runs its course, you hit em with 1 of your 7 foams, which refreshes pulse. When you pulse again your foam has refreshed a charge and is topped off. Pulse does not require LoS and has incredible reach, and is hugely beneficial against tusk and harder enemies.

Iíll post vids once they upload.

A Buffer Gay Dude fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 16, 2021

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Oh hey Iím not the only one to figure this out

https://youtu.be/M4v6LMZOCeM

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Shumagorath posted:

Wow a whole minute to burn down some reds.

Less than a minute a 15 seconds into the video he posts a bunch of conflict endgame stats where heís like 2x higher than anyone else on either squad in aggregate damage but you can keep being a huge loving prick about video games dude because for some reason this is the hill youíve chosen to die on (for what reason now?).

If anyone else wants a fun build that absolutely locks down everything, kills regardless of LoS, and causes ridiculous damage when the enemy density is high, feel free to check it out, youíll love it.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Hereís me just now dropping blind into a heroic floor 100 with some bad pubbies who were trapped in spawn.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/a-buff-gay-dude/video/125819504

Normally I wouldnít play this build aggressively, let alone in front, but there you go for now.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm not trying to be a dick but what am I supposed to be impressed by in that video? One guy is down, you almost die multiple times and you had to run back anyway.

Just curious what build besides a shield tank would be able to charge into the room in heroic and actually hold position solo?

The point was just showing the damage tics because someone in here was like ďyou canít do damageĒ. Youíll hit every single enemy within pulse range for 100kx13, regardless of where you are and where they are, cover be damned. And then you do it again.

If you donít play aggressively you can sit behind cover and do that, and your pubs who would normally be alive when you start the mission would be able to do their thing. You can also debilitate them on spawn and hold them.

Again, if yíall wanna sit here and just poo poo on things, whatever. Iím just trying to share something thatís cool, fun, and works up through legendary.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Everyone in here was posting their sick rear end hunters fury builds and those get loving mauled in heroic groups lol

(I love my hunters fury build mind you)

Yet I gotta conduct a PhD defense against some butthurt dude (trying to remember if he was friends with the goon that was a pvp cheater, maybe thatís it)

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Shumagorath posted:

I've been the ND backup to a couple of HF superstars on Heroic missions including annoying poo poo like DARPA, so I dunno, maybe if you're bad?

e: come to think of it, the DARPA instance I'm thinking of was UnknownMercenary who's been doing shotgun builds so long they should have named the set after him.

You're losing DPS to Turret Drone tower defense

Yes a hunters fury build can do wondrous things when itís a good player in a good squad that is keyed to the HF being dps so that heís getting his on kill bonuses and memento pips.

And everything loses dps to three turret drone builds with a good artificer support.

The theme Iím seeing here is coordinated 4 mans can do great stuff.

My point is this build can help turn an uncoordinated squad into a good squad, especially against tusk (particularly dogs, which are the thing that most often messes up teams) and when you get the rogue agent sub encounters on heroic missions. And Iíve used it effectively through and within legendary summit.

Iím genuinely curious why youíre such a prick.

A Buffer Gay Dude fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 16, 2021

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Jose Oquendo posted:

Can you post a video of this with that build because your previous one was definitely not that.

Don't get me wrong. I almost always use DPS builds so I appreciate a dude with a good CC build. I've played heroic summit with people who had amazing shock trap or riot foam builds and it's beautiful. The enemies don't move and just melt for you. I didn't see that at all in your clip.

Because I just ran in to nail a spawn with the pulse to show the damage tics! I literally said when I posted that vid that I donít play the build aggressively. I stay in the rear and sit behind cover because disruption pulse has a huge reach and goes through walls.

And you like good riot foam builds? Very helpful right? Pretty much required to be able to stop rushing agents/hunters and burn them down, right?

What if the guy always had a riot foam shot, and was alternating shots with a disruption pulse, which was always up, and both skills were doing damage?

If you like cc builds you will absolutely love this.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Shumagorath posted:

what if your video looked nothing like this

Iíve said 3x now that I recorded that just to show the damage tics to back up my numbers.

Iím done with you, youíre a toxic pos that for some reason is looking to stir poo poo up. Enjoy Tom Clancyís The Division 2 dude.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Hope that post by the guy who is probably a 43 year old given his reg date wasnít good, because I canít see it

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

life_source posted:

It's always funny when someone whirlwinds into a thread acting like their some next level MLG hot poo poo because they found a build they have fun with and then get super pissy when people point out its incredibly milquetoast.

I shared a fun and effective build in response to a guy who said vile mask doesnít do anything good, and the loving elite division thread has nothing better to do than poo poo on it for reasons that have nothing to do with why itís fun and effective.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Psion posted:

No, you're misunderstanding. Eclipse is also a cc/support build with 4+ times the dps and spreading effects on top of that. It is an apples-to-apples comparison being made, the focus is the same, both capable at cc but one on top of that significantly more powerful at the best kind of cc, "death"

put in those terms does it make more sense why people might think it's not great?

Fine just explain to me how the eclipse build will 360deg perma lock down tusk dogs and opponent tech skills. Death is ideal for this stuff but dogs, and especially the runny chaingun dogs, are not cooperative.

Iím not wedded to anything so if you can make it do that I will switch! I donít think disruptor pulse will have permanent availability on an eclipse build but Iím all ears.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

UnknownMercenary posted:

Maybe you don't know, but people dogpiling the rereg of someone who was previously run out of the thread for being a creepy rear end in a top hat isn't the scathing indictment of the thread you think it is.

It was actually because I wouldnít stop calling out a certain poster for being an admitted dark zone hacker.

The mods asked me to drop it so I wonít name him. Reasonable request because it doesnít bring anything to the thead to bark at him directly. and Iím sure heís stopped by now.

Still, Iím surprised by the pc division crew tolerating (sheltering?) a hacker. See Smurgha or whatever his name is and his coy comment suggesting I should use hax to gid gud on my HF build. Whatever man, Iíll get right on that on my Xbox.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Psion posted:

i've seen a lot of reasoned responses here and before so maybe don't hit everyone with the same brush?

a lot of people take critique of a build as personal critique and that's just not true; in a numbers game like this one there are avenues to making them better that are not always obvious, so having people help is good. If you assume no good will of course you're not gonna see it. Yes some people get a little testy about seeing the same thing show up 400 times but their goal isn't to be a prick it's to help someone do better. Lumping that all into "dogpile" is disingenuous.

like 99% of this game is cooperative pve, builds have actual effect on your teammates who want to succeed with you as part of the squad. It's weird to see the defense force roll in to prevent any (ideally constructive but not always) crit no matter what when we should be trying to, y'know, help build each other up?

Agreed thatís why I appreciate all the critiques which are exactly like you described, such as

Shumagorath posted:

Yeah, sure you did.

Shumagorath posted:

Wow a whole minute to burn down some reds.

Shumagorath posted:

You're losing DPS to Turret Drone tower defense

Genuinely curious which thread you read to then post this:

Psion posted:

Yes some people get a little testy about seeing the same thing show up 400 times but their goal isn't to be a prick it's to help someone do better

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

monkeytennis posted:

Okay so firstly Iíd like to sincerely apologise for mentioning the Vile mask the other day, talk about lighting the blue touch paper...

Anyway Iím a fan of an AR / shotty loadout and Iím interested in your views on what is the best AR talent?

Iíve been using the Test Subject for the Perfect In-Sync which seems to do well but I like the higher ROF of an M4 so I started using the Pyromaniac for a bit. I like it but setting every fourth guy on fire seems pointless when you have a 50-rd mag and heís dead before the fire does any damage anyway.

I have a Mechanical Animal which raises your skill level (I always have a striker drone up) when you kill people. Not sure if I like it as much as the In-Sync talent.

Any other AR talents I should be looking out for? Preferably those that increase damage in general.

In sync is amazing if you can consistently proc it with the skills you have equipped.

Ranger is good on a build that doesnít have such skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Iíve found strained to be effective on an AK or scar due to the low RoF, but Iím not sure itís optimal relative to ranger or CnP.