Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Vile is based off of conc nade damage and status effect attributes.

Demo class (to make a conc grenade do more damage) vile, glass cannon China light chest for explosive damage boost to conc and amplified damage from the perk, 4 pieces of Hard wired rolled to status effects (backpack is required for perk).

Killing poo poo with pulse and foam is never not funny, and on harder difficulties you play on a team that can deal damage, so they get to shoot at a bunch of stunlocked dudes and perma disabled bigdogs

You just gotta learn to precisely space your pulses and foam launches and you’ll have 100% uptime

So I was curious what the fuss was here and so I put together this build since I had all the parts. I spec'd into status effect hard but don't have glass cannon on chest yet and I'm doing really good numbers while adding a bunch of AoK mods to keep my resilience up and it kinda whips hard. It's not high dps but it's also not meant to be. It does some good DoT. It's highly wide area and stunlocks most BT/WT including their pets. Also using HW over EP means I can keep my pulse up almost constantly. It's a really good build and I'm glad I tried it out.

It's probably my most favorite fun run and gun build that's not my Negotiator's Dilemma/Bullet King build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

skaianDestiny posted:

What difficulty are you doing this on?

Do people really roll around in the game on anything less than heroic at this point? Outside of league activities.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Guillermus posted:

With ND and the three chonky boys with shields you don't even need to aim, just blindfire at all three and watch them die. I'm optimizing this STONER lmg with steady handed and is hilarious how easy is that fight.

Bullet King/ND was absolutely made for Wall Street bosses. Did a league run where I ran drone/turret until the end and switched to BK/ND before the trading floor and did it in just over 14 minutes.

Also the emp/riot foam build from pages ago loving owns so hard with the new global event. Easy chain explosions and just constant damage on new enemies.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Shumagorath posted:

Now imagine how fast you could clear if you took the BK training wheels off. A 6Y Eclipse fire build, even having to shoot the APC unassisted, should get you to the exchange floor in ten minutes flat.

Are you suggesting I replace my ND gear with EP? I'm not sure how that works since the only status effect I'm applying w/BK is the crit damage link.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Summit seems to love to match me to either Floor 1-10 or Floor 100 and rarely in between. Is there a way to.....not.....do that?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Wony is like 8 dollars and NYC slaps

The missions are great for the first time through, honestly it’s a must buy imho

All the missions in NYC feel longer than the DC counterparts but they're all (mostly) good. The only one that's kinda not great is The Tombs and that's because the whack-a-mole at the end but it's still a good mission. Wall Street is way too long but it doesn't matter because it owns so much.

Also try to do Pathway Park without screaming out "KAJIIIIIIKAAAAAAAAAA." You can't do it. It's impossible.

You also get to finally get rid of Keener which isn't as satisfying as I'd like because it seems like they decided that Faye gets to get all the satisfying kills

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Kibayasu posted:

No, he means someone else.

No. I absolutely meant Keener gets merc'd by Faye Lau, an NPC, after 2 games and a whole DLC. She also gets to take out President Evilman which happens entirely OFF SCREEN and you only see through an echo with added audio. Both are some of the most anti-climactic storytelling I've ever seen.

I still love the poo poo out of this series and if they announced Div3 tomorrow, I'd be right there with my preorder money.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

UnknownMercenary posted:

I think you're plain just remembering the ending of WONY wrong. Lau isn't around at all for the Keener fight. If you really wanna be pedantic Keener bleeds out after a protracted fight with you and Kelso shows up for Keener to villain monologue at her.

e: vv it really isn't. The only upside Summit has is that you can choose what target loot you want.

You're right. I am misremembering. It's still incredibly anti-climactic and I was conflating the twist and the bad ending together. Other points still stand.

As for summit, I enjoy popping in, doing 4 or 5 floors and popping out for other things. Targetting specific loot for builds is very good too. Also if you've got a 4 stack of the boys, it can be a blast.

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Mar 10, 2021

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I'm disappointed they never expanded the DZs out to make them a little roomier like they did w/nyc's DZ. I think if they did that to even one of them, it might make some kind of survival mode in the DZ more tenable.

Didn't play much after I finished warlords when it was released so I missed golden bullet and it whips so much. Pulled out my bullet king build/negotiator's dilemma build and it's just concentrate on one or two enemies until I get golden and then just spraying the field. I'm doing 600k/crit with chc at 60%. Chungos drop loving fast. Also did some with my burn build, imperial holster w/eclipse, (gotta get those outcast burns for the new week!) and it's also fun but different.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Radiohead71 posted:

I will have to try this, thanks. I use the BK with 3pc providence and other pcs but this sounds fun. Only have 150 hrs in D2, so I am still messing with my build.

It's almost all in on reds so it's easy to go down but get a good overlook of spawns and closets and it's shreds everything. I like using sawyer's in group play for maximum damage or emporer's guard for solo for a little extra survivability.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Found a great pestilence build that it just lol to run solo. It goes hard into weapon damage/chc/cd while utilizing a bunch of incoming repairs and repair skill mods to keep survivability up. Gets pestilence tics up over 1M when you get full stacks too.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/rally-vincent/video/129699160

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Kibayasu posted:

If you’re actively using something don’t extract anything from it, another roll will come along.

Weapon handling, Health, Explosive Resistance, and Hazard Protection can probably be the attributes you can ignore given the opportunity. Obviously you might as well pull them out if there’s nothing else. Skill repair as well unless you plan to run a healing build. I’d probably put core armor rolls underneath something like critical chance or skill haste as well.

There are some really bad talents (or good talents on the wrong gun type) that you can ignore unless there’s nothing else to get from what they’re on. Armor talents like Overclock, Galvanize, Clutch, Reassigned, Protected Reload are all pretty useless. Gun talents like Strained on bolt action rifles or pump shotguns, Ranger on shotguns and SMGs, Steady Handed on anything with small magazines, Fast Hands on shotguns, and so on.

Weapon handling is sneaky good, especially on console. Weapon handling is an increase in all of the following: accuracy, stability, reload speed and swap speed.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I cannot overstate how surprised I was with this build, it loving slaps so hard

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/m9ff69/build_guide_1m_pestilence_ticks_plus_full_armor/

Crafted holster can be a bit of a pain but you can make due with a sub part until you nail it

Make sure you use the Survivalist version the OP uses after some input

This build is very very good. I posted about it earlier but here's another video from it.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/rally-vincent/video/129749882

Look at that nice 2M damage tic in there.

Due to this I would suggest throwing together a convoy farming build for 5 directive heroic. You get just about a level per convoy (think it’s juuuuuust under a full level so practically it’s like 19 levels per 20 convoys)

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/a-buff-gay-dude/video/129925579

Firewall Spec

Tip of the Spear 4 piece all rolled to status effects
Golan chest with status effects and glass cannon
Vile Mask

Make sure you let it charge up to at least 40 units of gas and then good hunting. It should take about 30-45 seconds per convoy, then find another one and fast travel to it.

But do try to only engage convoys that are not near other events or enemies as you’ll be in trouble if you get surrounded.

Elite Convoy go FWOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHH
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/rally-vincent/video/129948374

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Edmond Dantes posted:

Speaking of that Pestilence build. Got my lvl 2 unlock for Gunner which gave me the chestpiece blueprints and... this was my first craft:

I'll swap that CHC for a perfect handling roll I have stored, it's not ideal but I'll loving take it.

Weapon damage and repair skills are most important on the build anyway. Weapon damage because pestilence tics are based on that and repair skills because you're paper thin so being able to get back to full health fast is good. If you have your drone and rolly polly up and on you, you can sit in fire for quite a bit before you have to move. CHC/CD are icing but they aren't the meat.

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm not particularly impressed by quickly solo-ing a convoy. Once you camp their spawn it's trivially easy.

I'm going to have to see the build you used to top dps/kills on a heroic 4 man. I'd also need to see the builds the other people were using in order to put it into proper context.

My point is that on here and elsewhere you'll see a supposedly insane build that does all sorts of damage and shreds enemies with that caveat that it's solo. That should be taken into consideration when saying that a build is amazing or if you want to put the effort into farming the pieces needed.

I've been maining this build for a week now in four man heroics and it almost always comes out on top for damage. There's no caveat on it being for solo at all, it's as multipurpose as the waveform drone/turret builds.

I think maybe you're confusing two separate builds that Buffer Gay Dude is talking about. One is for fun and prophet of farming convoys solo (flamethrower/vile) and the other is all american first round dps smash (pestilence).