Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Coney Island missions were pretty fun. Iím looking forward to this poo poo again. Maybe this complete overhaul will be the one to do the trick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Danith posted:

What happened to the dude/dudette you played in Division 1? It seems weird to be going to NY to hunt down Keener when the Div 1 dude should have taken out all the gangs and done that already.

Ideally the game checks for Div1 saves and make him a baddie you have to kill.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

In the pause menu on the right thereís a progress section that covers all main missions / side missions / area liberation. Just go through those and play through everything.

The only other thing outside of this you could probably work on is stuff like the hunter masks and exotics but those are optional and in the case of exotics could randomly drop for you form just playing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I almost bought Anthem because of you.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

X13Fen posted:

This was good

Finally unlocked Technician last night (despite having beat the zoo when invaded a month ago, apparently that didn't count for the last step even though the game calls it a stronghold?) and turns out I have 5/6 pieces of an (unoptomised) Hard Wired set. Am I doing it right? I'm assuming I should be running uive/seekers now (my seekers are already modded for +9 clusters +damage)

Run the hive that causes bleeding and go for radius / damage in addition to the clustermines. As for gear, you want 4 piece HW, the BTSU Exotic gloves, and a backpack with skilled and explosive damage.

To go even further, you want a sidearm with recharged (while equipped, skills deployed have more charges), The Send-Off (the shotgun blueprint you get from completing technician) and add Sadist to it (additional damage to bleeding targets), and primary weapon with In-rhythm.

Of course none of this will matter come next week.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 27, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Itís been fun dismantling and selling EVERYTHING that drops these past few days.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lvl 31-40 is an entirely new and separate recalibration pool. If youíre getting the expansion, NOTHING you get now will carry over.

https://twitter.com/thylander/status/1228698187319390211?s=21

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Feb 28, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FYI the game forcing you to play through new content in story difficulty (forcing you to replay it in normal or harder for any challenge) is real loving annoying.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Inspector Hound posted:

Should I be disassembling all these weapons and items or hoarding them to sell?

Both. Disassemble to stock up on crafting materials, then sell poo poo off once you max those out.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

"what if a gun was a gachapon?" Ace * 8s

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I am getting this constantly with BT choppers when they're coming in to drop reinforcements and it's hilarious every time.

Just reached stage 5 of the Firewall research. The last step on stage 4 (Darpa mission on Hard+) was loving hell because I went ahead and did it solo on Challenging because it's the daily. The final encounter is loving BRUTAL. One tank, the boss mortaring poo poo, then a bunch of support goons with drones and stuff. It's hard to stay out of sight from the boss and in cover from everything else so you eat up your armor kits staying alive. Then when you clear everything and trigger the phase 2 an elite warhound shows up alongside a bunch of other poo poo. The only way I managed to clear it was to bait the 2nd phase when I was ready by it so I could spam skills and kill everything before they had a chance to spread out. After that I could handle the boss solo.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 1, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just unlocked Firewall so I feel I am now ready for Warlords. I figure I'll use it and Gunnner as I level up to skill them up and get myself aquainted with Gear 2.0. I'm going to miss technician cluster spam, it really was broken in the best of ways.

Good thing I don't have a single exotic on PC. I guess I'll just wait til 40 before doing any of them.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 2, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Woah what the gently caress! From the pop-up to start Warlords

ďWarning! You wonít be able to access this character on other platforms where you donít own the Warlords of New York expansionĒ

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Morter posted:

Can you carry characters between platforms?

That pop up is literally the first time Iíve even seen anything about it. If cross-save is coming and Warlords is good Iím absolutely double dipping and getting it on PS4 too

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Iím playing on PC right now with no issues? Hell, Iím playing remotely via Steam Link!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Keep in mind you CANíT use the boost if youíre level 30 / WT5.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All my skill mods (+ cluster, +damage, +haste) got converted to like... 2% haste and healing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

H2SO4 posted:

the final boss is the server operators, we're fighting them as we speak

Iím losing badly, then.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

AggroJagg posted:

At the recalibration station it looks like I can build up a library of talents or things to add to weapons. Should I be trying to use gear to fill that out or just keep deconstructing everything? Iím lvl 29 for what thatís worth.

There are two separate libraries: 1-30, 31-40. So if you have the expansion and donít plan to have any lvl 30 alts, you can ignore that until you get into WONY.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

OgNar posted:

Thought I would start with Javier, but mission giver at church (lady in front of map) doesn't activate.
Tried relogging and coming back when there weren't 10 dudes trying to activate here but still nothing.

Though I have seen others go up to her and then disappear.

The other thing to do is fast traveling from there (and back). That seems to be working for some people to trigger the NPC.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bamhand posted:

Is Skill Power still in the game? As a new player that sure is an unfun mechanic. Just an entire inventory full of mods I can't use. How long does it take to get a specific gear set that can actually let you use the mods you want? And does that gimp you for everything else?

It's not. Now gear gives you skill tiers which increase your skill bonuses.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

As someone who has worked on an actual boring drill I have some serious grievances with the drill ďrigĒ from that one mission. Itís like this game isnít even trying to be realistic!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Digital Osmosis posted:

So around when, level wise, will I have to ditch my build for 30+ equipment? I only just started but at 31 is still seems like keeping my level 30 Ongoing Directive / Sadist in place of equipping new random greens is absolutely the right move.

If you had a fine tuned lvl 30 build then the damage will carry you for a few more levels. However, the ARMOR from 31+ gear starts going up really loving fast and enemies (even in story difficulty) will be hitting you real hard if you stick to your lvl 30 gear.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just noticed that perfect rolls are highlighted in the UI so you can quickly see what loot has good recalibration stuff. Doesn't matter as much since the rolls themsevles are level gated so you won't get actual max rolls until 40 but hey that's super cool to have. You can now mark for recalibration the good stuff, trash everything else, then hit the library and not have to browse a ton of poo poo to find the rolls you wanted to save.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Iím just messing around the map and some of the SHD tech puzzles are annoying as hell.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Seriously, theyíre way harder than the D1 collectibles were. I canít even see where to get started on most of them.

Yeah, thereís like 3 of them on buildings and I can see a bunch of rappelling ropes at various points but no actually way to get up.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Turns out I was missing my shots. Got a few SHD tech now during lunch after grabbing a marksman rifle and landing hits on the bottom section of the rappelling ropes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

My only hope for a division 3 would be for them to flesh out the population/npcs (i feel there should be more people still around / communities being a little larger?) and for the open world to be a little more developed aka let me explore more buildings / skyscrapers instead of blocking off every building except the story mission ones.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

lagidnam posted:

I get it, half of Black Tusk are rogue agents now, but why can a medic one hit me with a Firefly? It seems like you need some def stat on every piece of gear to survive in the endgame. My 660k armor and 270k health clearly aren't enough.

This is somewhat correct. They fixed challenging/heroic to actually be challenging and heroic. They're tuned to be taken on when your character has a considerable amount of perfect rolls on its gear and with a proper build in place.

https://twitter.com/Thylander/status/1234879646287704064?s=20

Trying to tackle challenging content with whatever you scrounged up in a day and a half is NOT the way to go.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mailer posted:

Yes, if you're in this game to get punched in the groin repeatedly and have slow slogs through sponges, they've fixed it. They previously fixed it in the other direction, which made it fun.

I mean if your idea of fun is being able to tackle challenging content after 1 day of playing the game then cool? But that would make an abysmal endgame.

Building up a perfect recal library in addition to building up your core attributes past 40 will continue to improve your TTK which will in turn make challenging easier and fun. Donít slam your head against it when youíre not geared for it.

Pre WONY challenging was an absolute joke with no thought or skill needed to clear it. It was boring as gently caress.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Theyíre only bullet sponges because youíre not geared for it.

To be fair, they could be way overturned a la. D3 inferno at launch but Iím willing to give the game a week or so for the meta to form up before I start calling poo poo bullet sponges.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I assume you can once you finish the NYC story and hit 40.

Apparently not!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Itís a lot easier to explain with images, folks

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 5, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

^burtle posted:

Those are cash only though I think?

Theyíre also in the loot pool but yes, canít use textiles for it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I grabbed them from a reddit post and apparently he update/redid them:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

the final mission so far is knocking it out of the park with answering questions 5 seconds after they pop in my head.

"Wait a second we just dealt with Cleaners and Rikers who would Keener have defending him he's mainly a solo dude... oh cool Black Tusk out of nowhere"

"Wait if Black Tusk is here are they going to do the stupid thing of taking raid.....and there's a Razorback. gently caress"

EDIT: Oh what the gently caress of an ending is this you fuckers

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 5, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Now that Iím 40 and had the materials I went ahead and crafted 4 piece Hard Wired along a Skilled vest and my lvl 30 BTSU gloves.

Folks, skill bullshit is still hella fun and effective. Cleared a few CP3s solo with no effort back in DC and Iím happy to not have to aim again.

The loop / refresh works a little differently now so itís a little slower but detonating the hives as itís ending to throw overcharged mines is super fun.

Guess itís time to farm lvl 40 BTSU gloves and good rolled vest. (In addition to better HW gear since the rolls on the crafted stuff wasnít great.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Speaking of the final mission: So you pick up early on that BT is here to kill Keener. Youíre the to kill Keener. Why are you stopping Black Tusk again? I mean yeah Keener ends up hacking all their poo poo so they wouldnít have done it but I half expected a team-up with BT against their own tech or teaming up with Keener when BT takes over whatever the gently caress he was planning.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Thereís a cool audio log of a couple of tech going over Vivianís psych evaluation and wether sheíd be a good Division candidate. Goes a little into ďwhy the gently caress are we picking these obviously hosed up peopleĒ.

Turns out, people are idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FAUXTON posted:

wasn't there a movie about this in like the mid 2000s, it had some youngster actor of the time, James Franco or Shia Lebouf, there was like an AI orchestrating some terrorist attack etc

Shia and itís Eagle Eye.