Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

I still maintain, based just on one random incidental dialog line civilian guards have, Div 3 is going to be Boston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

So around when, level wise, will I have to ditch my build for 30+ equipment? I only just started but at 31 is still seems like keeping my level 30 Ongoing Directive / Sadist in place of equipping new random greens is absolutely the right move.

Also, how does turbocharge work? I had six yellow skill talents and the technician skill giving me one more skill level but it didn't seem activate. I assume it's something like six talents and then something proccing to give you a temporary +1 skill level?

The extra skill level from Technician is a LOT less useful than the extra skill power was, but still an extra core attribute's an extra core attribute. I'm also still using the pulse laser attachment despite Spotter being removed from the game... idk, I just like knowing where my enemies are. I should probably switch to Gunner or something, even though I'm still enjoying Technician - right? Maybe Demo for the special weapon?

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

So, anyone gently caress with the new skills yet? Decoy sounds fun but I'm worried it'll disappoint in the field.

Any new metas, or just popular build concepts, pop up yet?

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

I think it might be failing after getting to round 2 or 3, and yeah like a month ago it was still working.

I just hit 40 and am about to go after Keener. Any gearing suggestions? I bought the god-rolled items from the vendors. I was kinda shocked to see the damage rolls going away when I was messing around with crafting. Should I just make myself a police M4 and hope it's got a good talent? Is it worth messing around with skill or gear mods at 40? They all seem extremely underwhelming.

Also, I just wanted to shout out Armor Regen for being an actual thing worth having now. It's a bit annoying but with skill times up and armor kits down it's viable to wait a minute and get healthier. That never felt like an option before (well, with patience I suppose to some extent.)

Someone mentioned the Hard Wired set bonus letting you spam cluster mines by picking up and putting down a hive, but someone else mentioned the set bonuses not working. Can anyone confirm that works? Might be a nice skill build.

Also, I still can't figure out how to rate technician's +1 skill level. On the one hand it absolutely seems weaker than the Skill Point boost. On the other, a level of a core attribute is kind of a big deal now. That could be close to 100k armor on a well rolled defensive attribute, for example... but also I hear people say you need more armor than you'd expect for the endgame so maybe 100k doesn't mean poo poo. Anyone have any strong opinions on Technician these days?

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Sure, they're murderous spree killers openly wielding weapons, and sure, they're all a mix of genders and races, but you're still shooting people on sight in the middle of an American city only based on the fact they have a red arrow over their had and not a green one.

There's like, one and a half lines about this per game but I'd love them to lean into the whole "wait, aren't we just doing what ISAC tells us to do?" thing. At some point in WONY the radio was like "get rid of this thing!" and then ISAC immediately chirped in "fuel line found" and marked the shiny on my map, and then when I turned it and destroyed the thing Kelso was like "Quick thinking, Agent!"

That wasn't me, Kelso. There is no me. There is only an avatar of ISAC.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It reminds me of the show Person of Interest when people get access to the Machine in their ear and it’s telling them where people coming after them are and where they need to go next but with more insane gadgets.

One of the things I love about that show (Person of Interest spoiler, not The Division spoiler) is how during the first season The Machine seems like a really powerful computer, but if you notice the fake GUI during it's POV shots it highlights people hostile to it in red, marks people as allies, that sort of thing. If you stop and think about it you might realize that in order to do that it would have to be close to sentient - and then you'd think it was a CBS procedural and they obviously didn't think that through. Except no, The Machine has always been sentient, how the gently caress else could it read someone trying to buy a hitman to kill their ex and let it's friends know "hey this person is in danger go save them?"

Beat Warlords. That was pretty dumb. Keener: So his big plan was a) bioweapon NYC, again and b) also make evil ISAC for rouge agents? That's a little underwhelming. Evil ISAC seems cool, although it seemed more Theo's plan than Keeners.

Black Tusk: So I guess I'm not 1000% sure what Faye's defection to the BT was all about and when I tried to think about it for more than a second my head started hurting. I mean, the only like terrorist-y thing we've seen the Tusk do was try and blow up the White House, and that was Wyvern going nuts and disobeying orders, right? I mean, maybe they or their shadowy backer(s?) killed the VP-turned-President? Other than that they seem mostly to be about murdering the enemy factions. Also, they have the president and not like as a hostage, which seems to imply the commander in chief considers them legitimate. Is Faye going over to the Tusk actually like, a defection or her turning traitor? It sounds more like a messy civil war where multiple groups have valid claims on being the "real government."

Did I miss anything like, unbearably nefarious that the Black Tusk did?

Oh, nerdz - I used your recommendation for cheesing the end of WONY, skill tier six crusader shield and oxidizer. Do you like crusader shield in general now, or is it only for that mission? I hadn't really used shields before and I kind of felt invincible with it at ST6, although I guess Story difficulty is pretty easy comparatively.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

ParadeRainer posted:

Cool, thank you, I was wondering if it all scaled or if any of the SHD missions, or blueprints were necessary to progress through the main missions.

Also, any particularly good skills for someone playing solo? I'm gonna do as much as possible, if not everything, solo.

Also, also, game so good, I'm in love already :swoon:

Everything mentioned is right, although I've been a little underwhelmed with cluster seekers since the rework. In terms of "oh god i don't want to die" I'd suggest leveling with healing chem launchers and a revive hive and ignoring / avoiding any equipment that adds skill (specifically you'd want to avoid anything with a +skill tier as a core attribute for anything that has armor or weapon damage.) Other than that use what you enjoy and what's roughly your level, don't bother planning builds or going for anything specific until you've hit level 30/40.

Game is good! They've got their core gameplay loop pretty loving solid, IMO. If you hit endgame and tap out after a week or so congrats, you just got way more than $3 worth. If you wanna spend ten times that the expansion has about ten hours of real good story content, a extremely well designed new map, and seems right now to make endgame grinding very fun. As long as you don't expect a coherent story or exceptionally well tuned pvp stuff you'll find a real fun thing to zone out and shoot bad guys for an hour or so ever day or so in.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

beats for junkies posted:

As for a new one: why does the hive (haven't tried other skills yet) not give back half the charges if you cancel it early anymore?

Hive resets from zero charges if you remote-cancel it but you can get save your leftover charges by going up to it and physically picking it up (same button as cancel or deploy, but a prompt comes up if you're close enough.)

I'd loving love if you could get charges back from remote-canceling, especially now that being out of cover for a tenth of a second is a death sentence, but it's been that way for ages.

The other skills that let you wait half as long for a cooldown if you remote canceled the skill seem to not be working, not sure if that's a bug or a feature.

Weird question of my own: what does +status effect do, actually? Make statuses last longer? Do more damage? Both?

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Speaking of named guns, I found an AR called "Honey Badger." It seems like it should be a named weapon but isn't marked as such, doesn't have a perfect talent, doesn't have a god-rolled and/or otherwise impossible for the type stat. It just seems to be a normal AR with a strange name, as if it could have been a FAMAS or whatever. My best guess is it's supposed to be a named AR with some kind of perfect Sadist talent (which is the talent mine has) but they hosed up the implementation. Anyone know what's up with that?

My other theory is that if I equip it and the "Zero Fs" chest armor I'll get an achievement or something

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

So, some random thoughts of skills, all at Skill Tier 6: Stinger Hive is weaker because of the smaller radius and the need to physically pick it up to get charges back, but still shreds through enemies. Cluster Seekers seem close to useless now, their damage isn't enough to take down a red enemy, the mobs seem to have gotten incredibly good at Matrix-dodging their way out of their radius, and the cooldown is much harsher. Assault Drone seems to have gotten a buff, it takes yellow enemies a good deal of time to bring them down, they do really solid damage, and their cooldown is only like 20 seconds.

I'm running a variant on my old build, 4 piece Ongoing Directive (including both the chest and the backpack for talents) with a sadist AR and some Fenris piece for +AR damage and, uh, I think 1 Golan piece for +5% armor. Technician for the extra skill tier, I put my spare core attribute into knees I think where I had a perfect defensive core stat. I'm squishy as gently caress, the time to kill is still way higher than it was before the patch, and I think enemies the drone takes down don't drop hallow point ammo - but against bleeding enemies and with the ammo it doesn't feel like it takes me two magazines to take down an unarmored red guy anymore, so that's nice.

Not sure where to go from here. Better OD gear? Better AR? Just grind out SHD levels and hope in ~400 levels the additional %10 weapon damage and armor makes me feel less weak? I'm playing content on hard and usually winning, but dying a lot more than I used to. Feel like challenge might be a stretch so far.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

smellmycheese posted:

I know Reddit is furious about the changes in enemy AI and TTK but the changes to the recal library and essentially allowing you to collect up the talents and attributes like a scrapbook is such an incredibly good idea.

In general the gear 2.0 system is, IMO, a wild success. I know they can get a little glitchy but the arrows on gear letting you know where your best recal-value is, the way it highlights the potential improvement for any attribute in the library, pretty much all the UI stuff is extraordinarily good poo poo.

the ttk is also definitely too high.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Mailer posted:

They went in a dozen different directions on this and it didn't pan out. I think their intent with the tier stuff was to have hybrid builds that would dip into X skill tiers or something, but at the moment the game is so lopsided that this is pointless. They also want skill tiers to matter (conflicting with the previous point) so the mods all suck and you need to get your boosts from tiers and gear. Healing mods are big, though, because they have adopted some weird rear end fascination with MMO premade groups and want tank/healer/dps roles. Hardwired should give an interesting alternate build, but the changes they made were either not tested or not considered important enough to fix before release.

You can still do the seeker/hive build (I am doing this right now) even if it's nowhere near what it was before. When you get oneshot or stuck kiting it's not like you're missing something. That's just the game now. If you want to see loot drop in less than an anemic trickle you have to do DZ. If you want to wait for the fun to come back it'll be back in a few months.

I dropped the seekers for an assault drone, which seemed to get a big buff and has like a 20 second cool down with very little haste. It tears through dudes and most yellows can't one-shot it. I found the seekers being nearly always dodged and, even if they weren't, couldn't take down a red. The hive's reduced range and new inability to get your charges back if you remotely cancel it really suck, but it still completely rips people apart.

But also, I'm pretty sure they actually didn't want skill tiers to enable hybrid builds because, like you said, they seem to be aiming for the MMO trinity. I'm fairly sure I read interviews where they outright stated their intention is to push people into more specialized builds. IMO this conflicts with their intention to have a bigger variety of builds, but most of design seems to be a series of trade-offs.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

I'm really enjoying the Negev, although I never got to play around with one before the nerf. High rate of fire and a big magazine makes me happy. Not sure what talent to put on it for a my general red/crit build. Steady handed seems worse than fast hands, which makes the reload time usually around .01 second or something, it's kind of crazy. But unhinged is tempting too. I guess unhinged is better for burst DPS and something that reduces the reload better for sustain? I feel like the damage is tuned up high enough that even with the extra weapon damage from unhinged I won't be able to bust down enemies, so maybe fast hands?

Also, what do people with no skill tiers run as their skills? It's been a second since I wasn't some flavor of a skill user. I've been going with boring-old-revive hive and the healer drone, which rules - I think the drones in general have been buffed. It's not enough to save you if you tried to tank but it's still saved my rear end, almost never gets shot down, and has a crazy low cool down. Not sure what I might switch the revive hive for - maybe the decoy? Or maybe I should just keep it, I mean I do die all the goddamn time since the expansion.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Capn Beeb posted:

How do I kill Keener? He just rolled out of my oxidizer fields, EMPed my healer drone, then I got popped by a seeker mine and sniper turret.

This is not super fun

I used nerdz's advice: tier six skills, a crusader shield to get up to him and protect you, oxidizer launcher dumping all the ammo in the spot he spawns on. took like two mags to kill him after that.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Unhinged is really bad now. The penalty for it used to be weapon handling, which is a stat that fractionally affects accuracy, reload speed, stability etc. Now that it directly reduces accuracy and stability you're taking way bigger stat hits for lower gains because the damage boost was also reduced. IMO the best LMG talents right now boil down to Fast Hands, Steady Handed, Strained or Optimist. Steady Handed works best with the Stoner because you get a lot more chances to proc, or if you're using the Gunner exclusive +50 ammo pouch.

As for 0 tier skills, good ones are Oxidizer, Decoy or Blinderfly.

Thanks for the write up, I switched off Unhinged for Fast Hands and swapped my revive hive for Decoy, which seems about as useful and is definitely more fun

Seditiar posted:

I prefer Perfect Frenzy over those LMG abilities.

0 tier skills I run Shield (because it's tier 5 through defense) and reviver Hive as the latter doesn't care much about tier skill either.

Do you solo much with your blue build? I'd like to put together a blue shield build but I'm worried I'd run out of bullets before ever killing a yellow enemy.

Perfect Franzy is the named LMG, right? Sleipnir or something? I was thinking of messing around with that because with the extra fifty rounds from the gunner magazine it seemed really strong, but I'm really enjoying basically never needing to reload with fast hands. Seems again like Frenzy is way better for burst DPS (after reloading on empty) and fast hands maybe better for sustain?

I got a perfect fast hands LMG, a named m60 called "Good Times" and I'm like "why does this exist?" It's 8% per crit reload speed instead of 4%. I guess it's for non-crit builds? But who relies on gun damage without crits?

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Does a shield in a skill-damage build, like say with a turret for hardwired, actually make you more resilient? Like obviously it should but I wonder how much survivability comes from blue secondary attributes. So far I've really only hosed with red and yellow builds, and found the lowered time to kill on my red build usually makes me more survivable - although it's possible I just wasn't running a good yellow build (I tried to rebuild my Ongoing Directive build, stinger hives and assault drone.)

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

I really want a Bullet King, but I'm really not into the idea of spending just under an hour running solo through wall street for a 5% chance at a drop.

BTW, what gets you season exp? Is it just... anything that would get your exp? Or anything that would get you exp while working on a season objective? Also, similar question with regards to dark zone exp. I've noticed getting DZEXP can make your watch level go up. Does that stop at DZ level 50? Or do you keep getting exp then, just no new perks?

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

as far as i can tell no good options, but i've been running with a healer drone and clutch and every once and a while i last long enough to get to another piece of cover! the other day a yellow assault guy flanked me and i actually managed to kill him before he took off my last bit of health!

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Seditiar posted:

Tardigrade works 90% ish of the time, but bugs out sometimes yes.

Mine has procced many hundreds of times.

Edit: Patriot set alone heals me for 100k/sec on top of other things.

How is patriot for solo? I was considering swapping all of it's blue cores for reds and seeing if the sustain helped keep me alive while still doing some damage. Probably with a high RPM LMG. That seem like a build that could work at all?

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Seems like you'd want both talents for the true patriot build, yeah? What do you use on your LMG?

I'm currently running 3 red 3 blue with the four piece TP, healer drone and decoy, and doing a pretty decent job soloing. I still die pretty quick but not like, immediately. It still takes me what feels like way too long to kill an enemy but not like, I can't get it done before they murder me. So yeah - a lovely hybrid of red and blue that adds a chunk of survivability for some damage.

To be completely honest I haven't found any build I'd say I'm happy with since the update. I've found a few I can live with, but nothing that makes the way I play (solo, on challenging) feel as fun as it did before. Now to be fair to Massive I WAS speedrunning challenging missions, and they had an explicit goal of getting away from that - but there was something satisfying about the earlier builds that I just don't feel these days. Like my choices before the update were various flavors of overpowered and my choices these days are various flavors of "kinda doesn't suck." Seems like there should be a middle ground where I can't beat a challenging mission by myself in 11 minutes but also I'm not either dying constantly or feeling useless.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Played a little since the difficulty retuning and while it's still a little too slow to take down yellows (solo, challenging) it's at least playable.

Still bouncing between builds, looking for something that feels good instead of just serviceable. Right now it's an M1A (any specific variant, btw?) all red cores, and the perfect glass cannon chest piece. Technician spec, healing drone and revive hive. I think my backpack might be perfect clutch, but that matters less now that I'm using a low RPM weapon and therefore not critting every half a second. Any suggestion for a replacement talent?

I'd love to go back to a skill build and was half considering the mortar turret thing, although I think I have all of three points in Demolitionist. Other than that, how are solo skill builds these days? Did the radius change to seeker mines make them usable again?

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

nerdz posted:

If you still want to support anyway I'd recommend trying a tank build with vanguard and protector since it can grant bonus armor regardless of range. alternatively, use the dumb DPS build. yes, there's only one

I assume this is basically the one Olds posted last page but with an M1A and dropping the +pistol set? Coyote, Fox's, Contractor's, Sacrifice, Vigilance on the backpack, all red cores?

Do you have any skill builds you like these days nerdz? I had a real blast with that Ongoing Directive bleed / seeker hybrid build you mentioned to me before the expansion, and while recreating it did end up with more gun damage than I'd expect for a skill build it didn't feel enough, at WoNY's launch, to make up for the debuffs to stinger hive and seeker minds so I gravitated towards red or red/blue builds. I heard fun things about a mortar turret build - that something you've tried and liked, or are skill builds (for solo damage, not team support) not quite in a good place at the moment?

Digital Osmosis fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 30, 2020

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

nerdz posted:

Oh yeah there's a lot of cool skill builds but my latest is super fun to use. I personally think that raw skill damage builds (like artillery/seekers/turrets) are not that good right now with the current balance, and status effects builds are great and also fun to use.

The idea is going all in on status effects: 1pc Golan, 2 wyvern, 3 china, all minors/mods should be status effects and skill haste. backpack talent is shock and awe (china has the perfect talent so a great fit). Chest talent is tag team (which is great and getting buffed soon). Status effects boost damage and duration of certain fire skills, making them extremely potent so depending on the skills you choose it's a skill damage build with several tools at your disposal.

Some skill combos:

Full on damage, firestarter+fire sticky: This is extremely powerful and you'll have enough ammo to last entire missions without running out. You can pretty much one shot all enemies up to elite when playing solo.

What cores do you use on this one? Is it red cores with like one yellow from technician, mostly shooty with really good dip into DoT from the skills powered up by minor attributes and brand bonuses? Or is it a tier 6 skill build where you're mostly using your gun just to proc the firestarter? Sounds like either could be fun - and you're right, the usual direct damage skill builds don't seem quite to satisfying to use anymore.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Kibayasu posted:

That was probably just a Focus/Crusader Shield/M1A Classic build. The Crusader shield lets you "zoom" even if you can't actually zoom so you get the bonus damage from Focus and then the M1 is just ridiculous right now on top of that. Its absolutely broken but not something I'd call an exploit because you could still get the same damage without the Crusader shield you just couldn't move around as much.

What makes the M1A classic better than the other M1As at this point? Also, I assume this is the kind of thing where you're doing a red build and the Crusader shield is mostly for "zooming not zooming" so you can use the M1A while mobile / at midrange and still get the Focus benefit, yeah? How do you keep the Crusade shield from not getting instantly broken? Does one yellow from technician give it actual survivability if you're not actively tanking? Or is it more about using it whenever it's off cooldown until it breaks, then hopping back to cover?

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Thanks for the clarifications! One last question: Focus' damage boost is dependent on time aiming, right? My assumption would be that aiming longer for the full bonus is a trap in like, damage-per-minute or whatever compared to just aiming for the minimum time (1 second?) and firing off a round every time it activates, yeah?

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

So stay zoomed if you're under cover and stay "zoomed" when you're using the shield, got it. Thanks!

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

The mask comes on and off automatically when you're in places ISAC says you need it, it's off the vast majority of the time. I don't mind but yeah, a gear toggle for that (and for the chest piece... and for everything else) would be great, but don't expect it anytime soon.

potaties, I've been a little out of the game since beating WoNY, but the general idea is: Do join a clan, they give you free stuff. Target loot by hitting one of the buttons on the maps that show you what loot you're more likely to get in what zones, it's way more efficient to loot-up by doing the short open world things (territory control, public executions...) than by running the missions but sometimes a mission's got the thing you want. Try and work on your gear attribute library, probably pick one core attribute to specialize in (probably red.) When you've got a decent range of stuff start paying attention to brand bonuses and trying to find loot that gives you secondary attributes that support your main core attributes. While going for branded gear it's better to work in a branded zone than one for the slot you want, so you're more likely to get a Fenris kneepad in a Fenris zone than a kneepad zone. Secondary attributes that are most important for red are critical hit chance and critical hit damage, for yellow skill haste and skill damage/repair, not sure for blue.

Like I said I've been playing less since WoNY, even after the retuning, so anyone please feel free to correct my advice or suggest something else.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Hey so, uh, is this game good again?

More specifically: while there's a lot I liked about the latest gear overhaul that dropped with Warlords I found the difficulty way overtuned and the progress way to slow - especially since it feels like it assumes you're at max SHD level to do anything harder than "hard" and drops terrible gear if you're doing anything easier than heroic. They tweaked the difficulty a bit and I found it a little better but still quickly lost interest. What's the state of the difficulty now? I solo, am okay at the game, and would ideally love it to be somewhere closer to the mindless-zen speedrunning that it was before Warlords (while still letting me advance) than the brutal MMO-trinity-premades-required the devs seem to be going for.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

So does anyone solo this game anymore? Anything in TU10 look like it'll make things easier for a solo player?

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Hey Division goons, how is The Division 2 these days?

okay lol I'll be more specific -- I played a lot of TD2 when it first came out on the PS4, grabbed it on sale for the PC sometime last fall, got fairly into the endgame. I was running a fairly OP build -- stinger hive and that bleed set -- and I really enjoyed being able to speedrun solo missions on challenging. There was a lot I liked in the expansion and in the new loot system but I stopped playing pretty quickly afterwards because it just felt too frustrating. Even with build advice in this thread, and swapping over to that OP semi-auto rifle I was still dying WAY too often and taking longer than I'd like to murder people. Felt like the devs were pushing really hard for MMO style roles and were tweaking everything around that, even single player stuff. Since I almost exclusively solo I found the difficulty tweaked too high and the loot drip WAY too low. Like even if I could beat a challenging mission I'd get nothing useful out of it and they were taking me like four or five times the amount of time it took around TU8. So I stopped playing. I think this was around when TU10 came out and the consensus seemed to be that TU10 got things back into a good spot but I didn't feel that way. Maybe TU10 worked if you had been grinding out SHD levels before it came out but I hadn't been doing that, so...

anyway, how is the game now? Still roughly the same difficulty as when I stopped? I get that they'd want to make things tougher than they were in TU8 (even if I didn't want that) and I was totally prepared for the game to get harder but the changes kind of lost me. I know plenty of people seem to think that complaining about the difficulty spike was overblown but I always found that complaint to be valid. So uh, given all that -- can I jump in and shoot people and have fun again, or is "yeah you can easily solo challenging missions!" contingent on having an inventory full of literally god-rolled sets and tons of SHD levels like it was when I left?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Black Griffon posted:

Ah, oh well. At least I'll take a look when the time comes.

Another question: Once I get to NY I can pretty much completely forget about anything related to the 0-30 recalibration library, yes?

The best of your level 30 gear will get you through the first three or four levels in NY but otherwise yes, it's all pointless trash now