Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

OgNar posted:

Can we take the angry bullshit somewhere else?

Like a rally where Nazis congregate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Finally maxed my last specialization. Now I can go back to something that actually helps my build. Now on to finishing all the collectibles and echos before Warlords drops. I love the added lore they provide.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Shumagorath posted:

Does marking for recalibration even do anything right now?

Where is this DARPA mission that's blocked off for the weekly challenge?

I swear when the expansion drops I'm going to get through an entire podcast just trashing gear.

It has a different icon than junk or favorite so helps you remember why you saved that one piece out of the 98 other similar pieces in your inventory.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I’m only keeping things with perfect talents to get them in the recalibration pool after the patch.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Kibayasu posted:

If the expansion continues the trend of forcing “story” difficulty for the first time through a mission I’m betting you’ll be fine no matter what you have.

Unless they’ve said otherwise and I missed it I believe Perfect talents are still going to be stuck on whatever they come on.

I read no good. Everything is getting blown out then.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Saw that the base game is $3 now and I'm contemplating checking it out on PS4. Anyone playing on console able to speak to how populated the game is? I like the idea of a co-op cover shooter with optional PvP to dip into, but I wouldn't be as interested if it's basically just a single-player game at this point.

I’m able to find groups fairly quick no matter the time of day or night. It’s really quick especially with the renewed interest. The longest I’ve had to wait was a few minutes and that was for a stage that wasn’t invaded or part of a project.

jabro fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 28, 2020

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

My build got neutered. Lost all my mods.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

On another note:

WE’RE HOME BITCHES!!!!!

:blastu::circlefap::blastu::circlefap::blastu::circlefap::blastu:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

So a big part of my LMG build was the Dodge City Holster which reloads all your guns’s ammo when you switch to a pistol. They took that away. The heathens.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I’m getting green and blue items ewwwwwwww

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I pet the puppay

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

cage-free egghead posted:

What happens if you shoot a dog someone is petting? :clint:

Already thought of this but the only dog you can pet is in a safe zone so no shootmans.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Can't tell who has the disease. Everything gets a bullet, especially if my kids are watching.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Division 101

Need to get higher but no possible way to do it? Look for rope to shoot down.

Need to open a door? Look for a yellow electrical panel.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

They ruined my Pestilence. No more yellow clouds of death.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I just witnessed two npc allies out in the wild coax a wild dog over to pet it with food. After a few seconds the dog did come over to them which then turned the dog ally and it followed them on their merry way.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Blind Rasputin posted:

Yeah. It’s actually better now though. Here’s a rundown of many changes.
-Pestilence: the person you’re shooting at gets the debuff of 100% weapon damage which stacks up to 50x. One stack per round hitting them. Then when they die the entire stack and debuff damage built up (5000% damage at full stack) transfers to an enemy within 25 meters and instantly effects them. Which is enough to one shot them even if they’re an elite. It’s better.

-Merciless is way better too. Hit a person 7 times with the primer/detonator and an explosion goes off that’s 900% weapon damage.

Obviously these exotics have been tuned to shoot at elites and other targets with tons of armor and rip them up. Now that damage to elites perk is gone.

There have been many changes to other exotics, and the green armor sets, that are sometimes good sometimes sad changes. Nothing has a holstered talent anymore. Nothing has more than one talent effect. And every perk or talent is much simpler in design.

-BTSU gloves are very good for supporting your team but don’t do anything anymore when solo. They’ve been extremely neutered. Detonate a hive to reup your team’s skills or something. That’s it. It doesn’t even make sense really.
-Liberty D50 is trash now. But in effect it’s meant for the crusader/ballistic shield. Every hit replenishes your shield health in what may be a very effective way.
-Hard wired no longer electrocutes people. But does allow for very quick skill refresh. There are hard wired backpacks with a little extra talent that decreases the main talent’s refresh rate to only 10 seconds. That’s a lot of cluster seekers. I have been using it and if I’m in a group it gives your group skill tier overcharge. Which, with the new skill tier system is really good. Everyone’s skills are stronger all the time.
-Ongoing directive makes kills drop hollow point rounds you pick up and fire with any weapon that do considerable damage and bleeding. Use this wirh a fun with sadist and you’ll be very deadly.
-Aces and eights is too complicated for me to understand but may not be great anymore. It flips the cards slower and only one card per shot. But I think the buffs you get for, say, a full house or something are much stronger.
-Negotiators dilemma is perhaps the coolest. Shooting someone marks them, you can mark up to three targets. Shooting one of the three targets does 60% weapon damage to the other two marked every shot (you’re basically shooting three people at once here, nuts). Killing a marked target gives you a 2% crit damage stack, which stacks up to 20x for every person killed until the fight is over. So by the end of a fight you’re doing 40% crit damage + 60% weapon damage to 3 targets at a time and basically clearing entire scenes dropping three targets at a time. That’s...insane. You’re loving John Wick.
-True Patriot still does the red white and blue buff/debuff thing but it’s much simpler and benefits the entire team.
-Lullabye shotgun allows a melee to instantly kill any target as long as it’s not an elite. You can melee one-shot any red bar, any purple armored technician or assaulter, a purple Robodog for god sakes. Will be hilarious with a crusader shield.
-Diamondback is the same as it was. Still awkward.
-Chatterbox has been changed quite a bit. Reloads 50% of the magazine on each kill, the increasing rof and damage is gone in exchange for some other thing I don’t think is as good.

When it comes to basic talents, it’s definitely easier for people to conceptualize a build. Far fewer number systems and RNG. In practice they’ll be equipping whatever gear has the best bars for the perks (LMG damage, armor regen, whatever) they want in all of the slots, except chest and backpack. Those two slots are where the “build” will be happening. There’s no longer any red/blue/yellow number requirements to make a talent work, so they can freely pick the chest and backpack with whatever talents they want and just equip them. So right now I’m running perfectly unbreakable on my chest, a talent that previously required so many blue numbers (11?), and a backpack with a talent that used to require 9 red numbers; that would have all been impossible to equip previously with the all yellow perk hard wired gear in the other slots.

All in all it’s an extremely positive trade off. It’s a more shallow talent pool and lessened customization in exchange for tons more freedom and ease of use.

I am sad that perfect spotter is gone though. That little exploit with the technician long rail mod that pulses anyone you aim at was an extremely good little piece of overpowered nonsense.

No. More. Yellow. Clouds. Of. Death.

But seriously though thank you for writing that up. It puts some of the exotics in perspective even though glancing at their talents they may seem like poo poo.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

PleasantDirge posted:

I'm a goober and so I'm starting over from scratch on PS4, if anyone else is doing the same or just want to run the OG content with a fat man PSN is Nosferatusoon

I sent you an invite to the PS4 clan. There are some players leveling up so should be able to find someone to shoot baddies with.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mailer posted:

Here's what you miss:

* Camp White Oak is a decent enough map that's good and pretty
* Manning Zoo is visually nice but the arenas are pretty annoying
* Coney Island has two missions, both fairly good, and the setting is cool. It's the lead-in to the NYC story.
* The Pentagon has two missions and they're actively fighting each other for the title of Worst loving Mission Ever.
* The expedition to Kenley College is bad and a slog, I've heard. I skipped it.

I'd say spend an hour doing Coney and skip straight to the dlc. There's no point in gearing up or farming other locations as the whole game is boned right now until you're a geared-up 40.

Point 4 is completely wrong because point 5 takes that title every day and twice on Sundays. The Pentagon missions are puppies and rainbows compared to that college.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

ICR posted:

And this gets auto linked in the discord but here for you fine folks on this here forum.

The season has lore. That is awesome.

Nroof, I see your invite but can accept it. When someone cooler than me gets on we’ll get you in COINCELPRO.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Are the flashlight attachments for pistols new? One of my biggest beefs with this game is these special division agents would be going out in this post pandemic world without a goddamn Maglite.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Bruceski posted:

Is the library for gear rolls something post-30/expansion only or am I missing an option somewhere?

In the library it should tell you the button or key to change to 1-30. For PS4 its triangle, not sure what it is on PC.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Bruceski posted:

You're one step ahead of me, I'm still going through the base game for the first time. Where is the library? Is it something I unlock later?

I do appreciate that skill mods no longer require skill power, and just power up from gear with that on top of things.

I'm above 30 so not sure if this is possible yet for you but go to the White House. Go to the Recalibration Table and there should be a tab for Recalibration Library.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Finishing Conley tonight then not stopping until Keener is down. No sleep till Brooklyn.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Finished DLC. Fight was easy if you cheated like me and looked at the spoilers posted here.

Post-fight cutscene: I was hoping the new baddie would have been your Div1 character gone rogue. I thought they were building up to that with Rhodes commenting to Lau about all her agents going rogue. Her going rogue is boring. Imagine that cutscene but instead of Lau turning around Ubi used your Div1 character model.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The government and the division abandoned me to die when I was just trying to do the right thing! My only recourse is to go rogue and MURDER ALL INNOCENTS

shades of gray u know

Hey hey hey, he saved two people!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Peechka posted:

Yeah unfortunately this goes pretty much for all games these days. You either no life the release and exploit all the unfinished buggy poo poo people find, or else take months doing it the right way when they nerf all the exploits out within the first few weeks, which essentially is where it puts all us working stiffs.. So lets see, we had DZ that was dropping Mythic+ gear, we had an LMG that was doing 2x dmg making all the DZ trivial in a 4 man, way more trivial than any mythic mission or stronghold (still have not found that loving thing) we had firing range exploit, we had a vendor selling poo poo he was not supposed to exploit... Good luck catchign up to any of those that played and played hard the first week.

Poor little working stiff.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Cyrano4747 posted:

did they nerf drops on the last patch?

Just logged in for two hours and got gently caress and all while doing supply drops, CPs, etc. in NY. At least 20 drops, 1 yellow, and all of them were garbage. Hard difficulty which I know isn't exactly crazy, but should at least see some OK crap. I was getting better on normal at launch and way better on hard yesterday.

RNGesus loving me or did they gently caress it up?

They did but nothing as bad as you’re describing. I’m grinding Wall Street trying to get Bullet King and get about 5-10 yellows and a bunch of purple.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Snuffman posted:

On the subject of animals...

Benitez said the pet hospital sent a bunch of cats to Haven. Well I went back and I could only find ONE cat. I expected more! :mad:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Post poste posted:

How exactly do i overcharge my skills?

It’s a talent on either weapons or armor I believe.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Shoren posted:

I found one in the DZ but got ganked by rogues while trying to extract. If I remember correctly, Pestilence was added to the global exotic pool so it wouldn't be DZ-exclusive before the expansion, but any exotic you had at level 30 (except Eagle Bearer) should drop from any enemy at a low drop rate).

Also, for anyone wanting more gear dyes, after you finish the expansion's story then be on the lookout for rogue agents. You can find them in the wild in NYC and during missions. So far I found a squad while roaming NYC and also while doing Capitol Hill on Challenging (against the True Sons), so I'm not sure if they'll show up in non-stronghold missions. They appear to follow the Underground Hunter rule of your squad size + 1 for the number of agents you fight and if your squad doesn't focus fire on one at a time then they'll wreck you. The last one you kill will drop an additional full gear dye (I got crimson for the first squad I eliminated).

Rogue Agents can show up in non-stronghold missions. Had a squad show up in Wall Street and wrecked our group.

Pro-Tip: if enemies don’t spawn where they usually do then rogues are a coming so start getting prepared and lay down some skills while getting in cover. I was half way through asking where is everyone when the smoke dropped on us and about 6 thousand drones and turrets wrecked our poo poo. I was very impressed.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I hit level 32 and took on a bounty and the guy took basically no damage, so I'm assuming I need to severely upgrade my guns? Is this one of those situations where every single-digit increase is an exponential power increase, so your effective power level at the start of a level is a fraction of what it'll be with a few at-level pieces of gear?

Depends on what you have but it’s always good to stay near current level. I had a Pestilence that lasted me to 34-35 but if I had a normal yellow I would have been upgrading way earlier.

Just have to get back in that 1-30 leveling groove of not worrying about build and upgrade for the stat increases.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Explosive causes bleed. I don’t see any status effects popping on high velocity.

That's because they don't cause an effect. Explosive causes a little explosion that deals extra damage and is good against armor. High Velocity causes bleeding.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Except when I use explosive rounds, I’m proccing bleed everywhere, and have been for the entirety of the release of D2 on both PS4 and PC. When I use HV, I don’t see any status effects at all.

My bad, they just stagger the enemy.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Attempting to before he mows me down, yes. I'm not what you'd call 'really good' at this game, I'll admit. It's most likely a me problem but I'm just having a much tougher time with him than any of the previous three.

Also this time around it seems like they really turned the dial all the way to 'neverending monster closets' for the support enemies that spawn during boss fights.

This is my farming spot. Trying to get the Bullet King. I've probably done it 25+ times in the last few days solo and in groups. Take out the trash spawns in the beginning until one or two are left. Then go to the middle island with the ammo boxes and place an assault turret on the box thing on the counter right above the ammo boxes. Take out the remaining guys then retreat to near the entrance to the room. As the lights go out and the smoke drop throw out an Striker Drone. More times than not Dragov and friends will spawn between you and the turret. This will give the turret some easy back shots while you move around with some good cover.

There are probably better ways to do this since I suck but it works for me.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Hakarne posted:

I spent all day farming Bank on challenging to get a Pestilence. I never saw one drop for me or the pubbies I was with.

You go to hell. You go to hell and you die

I finally got tired of farming for Bullet King so I went to the bank to try and get a Stoner. First drop was a Pestilence. I placed it next to my other one.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The expansion has been out for 6 days. There is no reason I shouldn’t have god rolls on everything and be able to solo legendary by now.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Can I get to WTC in Warlords? You couldn't in the first game I don't think.

Haven’t you heard?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

PleasantDirge posted:

He has Coco to keep him company, he will be aight

Wrapping yourself in plastic keeps you safe? Good to know.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I dropped a turret on his spawn location, threw the stun bombs as soon as he appeared and then unloaded 250 rounds of Stoner goodness on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Spent forever trying to grind out a Chameleon, and I get one the day WONY drops.
It has the shittiest rolls known to man, and is therefore unusable

I have one of the pre-patch ones. A stream of warm piss would do more damage than the thing.