Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

UnknownMercenary posted:

So who else thinks shotguns and Striker's will be as hilariously powerful as it was in Div1.

Here's hoping. Here's also hoping the devs don't cave to PvP pissbabies and make it a joke after a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Snuffman posted:

I rocked the hobo-division look (pom-pom-touque-4-lyfe) for the entirety of Div1

I AM FROM THE GOVERNMENT. I AM HERE TO HELP.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

You sign a pact with a powerful entity in exchange for powers. You only get two spell slots but recharge them on a short rest, plus a 1d10 cantrip is a nice bonus

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

ratbert90 posted:

Div3 should be LA or SF.

Seattle has a built in underground mode :haw:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Am I misremembering, or does it take longer to stow the crossbow now?

The nail gun rikers are huge jerks that need to gently caress off :mad:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Do guns only roll with one trait now?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Guillermus posted:

The worst thing after coming back to DC is to hear Manny again. gently caress you Manny.

Manny is worlds better than the campus settlement DJ, why can't Black Tusk snatch him already

Cyrano4747 posted:

There's a Tactical Mk16 in the clan shop that's really good. Max assault rifle damage attribute so worth it just to burn, plus the stats are pretty decent. Not top tier gear but really solid for your post lvl 40 leveling needs.

How does burning attributes work?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

OgNar posted:

There are some secret/hidden missions that have a blue/purple marker that I couldnt access until i bought the season pass.

You go to the table and click on library and assault rifles, choose to pull whatever ability like that +15% dmg off, and then you can put that core attribute onto any rifle.

So even if you have a crap item with a good talent or whatever, just rip it and add it to your good item.
only 1 transfer per item, but if you put a lower +% on it before, you can upgrade as you get better items.

I have a nice backpack with a perfect talent on it that gives me 100% armor when armor is depleted every 55s that I have upgraded its core attribute twice as I come across better items to rip from.

That's rad, thanks :toot:

Morter posted:

Why does the Ammo Hoarders directive apply to shotguns with magazine tubes. :cripes:

This however is not rad, nor is the change to Premeditated :argh:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

How do I kill Keener? He just rolled out of my oxidizer fields, EMPed my healer drone, then I got popped by a seeker mine and sniper turret.

This is not super fun

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mailer posted:

Level up, optimize your build, and the game has only been out for a week you're not supposed to beat Keener yet.

Actual answer: He always spawns in the same spot. Drop a bleed hive on the area, throw a grenade in advance, unload with your grenade launcher/other skill/etc. Burst him down and he'll go invulnerable to heal then run away and you win.

Noirex posted:

Shock trap then turret, stinger hive, grenades...whatever you can unload on his spawn point. Don't let him even move.

Pubbed up, we tried all this, but our gadgets got EMPed immediately and on the last attempt we all collapsed within a few seconds of the start of the fight. :shrug:

Edit:

God drat those rogue artillery turrets are brutal. The pubs I was with were coordinated and knew what to do, but none of us really understood why were immediately imploding seemingly all at once.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 11, 2020

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Finally beat Keener with some pubs, few of them did the blood hive thing and when he hopped down we all got to see IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE pop up over his head so that was an auspicious start :shepface:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

drat, got delta-03ed right as I was finishing up Roosevelt and now it's invaded and I gotta clear that poo poo, I just wanna do the manhunt thing :argh:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Hakarne posted:

I really loving miss the Patience talent, guys. I never made a build without it.

Same, Bloodsucker on my backpack helps but it's just not the same.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

What specialization do y'all suggest for a primarily solo player against black tusk? The new robo doggo variants are a pain in the rear end and my flamethrower does gently caress all to them :(

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Malcolm Excellent posted:

They gotta nerf NPC shotguns, or buff player shotguns.

They loving suck to get shot with, but seem to do next to nothing on challenge and up.

The AI kit in general needs some adjustment. Especially the cleaner heavies, god drat their flamethrower has triple the range mine ever did :argh:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mailer posted:

According to the junk that pops up in my youtube feed a rifle and mmr nerf is incoming according to the last sotg. Nerf now, maybe consider adjusting why people need this bullshit later.

gently caress sake. Buff up, never nerf down. Why are devs seemingly incapable of figuring this out?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

So did the TTBK get addressed? I hit just shy of a million armor and got really tired of red trash mobs stripping that away in a couple of seconds.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mr. Carlisle posted:

This expansion has made me really dislike the black tusk faction in general. They just seem straight up busted compared to any of the other factions.

That green ring healing box they throw down.. whoever thought that was a good gameplay change is hopefully gone now.

Yeah that poo poo was bad when the LMB had it, no need to bring it back especially considering the player doesn't have it anymore.

The spawn rates on robodogs needs to be reduced as well, every Black Tusk fight having at least three different dogs got old really drat fast.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Fabricated posted:

I'm not sure why they seem so dead set on making the enemies spongy to the point that for it to not feel like poo poo you have to run full glass cannon. Who loving cares if the game is easier if it encourages more build variety?

Because player power fantasy is bad. Now hold up as I drop this can of mountain dew at my feet to repair a SAPI plate.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Looking to get back into this, and I'm pretty dang lost. Primarily a really casual solo player, I like shotguns and fire a bunch, zero desire to deal with DZ antics.

What should I look into doing for a build nowadays?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Psion posted:

eclipse is a little dicey solo, but scorpio and hunter's fury is not. You do lose out on burning the world, alas. 4pc HF, Scorpio, probably Memento since solo 100% of the kills will generate tokens, then an Intimidate chest from Ceska or Grupo Sombra for that last little bit of oomph. 870 instead of Scorpio also fine, anything you want in the second slot.

what i mean by dicey is if you get pressed up close with eclipse you're kinda squishy and kinda stuck but if you get pressed up close with HF they're just coming into your preferred range :getin:

e: well actually HF combos with Firewall really well so I guess you'd still have fire available if you need it

Is HF stuff in the loot pool or do I need to buy the season pass? I don't see it on the world map with targeted loot turned on.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Scooped up a four piece Hunter set last night and a weekly crate gave me a The Mop shotgun

Holy poo poo I'm not optimized at all and already this feels incredible :stare:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

tweet my meat posted:

Hunters Fury is so good with the mop. I recommend throwing preservation on the mop if you don't need to reroll damage, you'll basically heal half your armor every kill. Toss in adrenaline rush/intimidate or a memento and you're basically a tank build with good damage.

I had preservation in my library oh boy here I go :toot:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Screama posted:

This has been said before, but an all red HF shotgun set is the fastest way to clear content. You can do CP4s in 2 minutes start to finish if you stand directly in front of spawn closets and just pump lead into anything that appears.
Timed missions become a joke. However you can get downed quickly if you get surrounded, which happens more easily than with other builds because you have to be so close. Chasing down the last enemy for 200m is also a hassle.

Yeah, the straggler is already becoming a problem for me. Kinda wondering if you could make a survivor spec work for a shotgunner, so you could just beat the runaway with the crossbow.

I mean poo poo, the hunter's backpack has a quiver on it :haw:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Ygolonac posted:

Welp, finally got around to recalibrating a bunch of poo poo, now that I have godrolls for 'em. So, near-perfect Vile, one godroll skill damage Empress pack with Creeping Death, remainder is Eclipse with max Status Effect, all the mods are skill haste. Firewall, about 60-ish points in (when i started), running burny chem and Firewall shield.

Challenging Grand Washington - Hyenas come out WHOOSH one shot chem.

:dogstare:

Repeat for every non-heavy-elite, except the dudes across the courtyard with the minigun. (Guess they were out of Eclipse/CD range or something.) Guns were Scorpio (SCORPIO IS READY!) and Pyromaniac.

Repeated twice more (grinding burn victims for the league), went to the Arena and did the same (except for the parking garage, back to all-red/turret-drone/Pesti-Pyro for that), ate up that NW White House CP, torched Jefferson Trade (Pesti-build for Coyote), and deleted a couple convoys and bounties. Even had rogues show up at the section just before the Arena parking garage, got killed but they got Eclipsed in the process so I respawned to free loot.

I'd done mostly Status Eclipse before, but never maxed-out. Flamer good on everything that wasn't heavy. :supaburn:

Now I kinda want to run a all-max-haste with all-haste-mods Magic Hate Ball build. Or just go all-skill-damage gear'n'mods, throw on Capacitor and see how disgusting my turret/drone set can be. And switch to Technician since that's maxed-out.

Almost forgot: watch is max skill damage/CHD/stability/armor, and near-max haste/CHC/ammo capacity/health.

Next build goal will be maxed Hunter's Laptop, but I'll need to optimize the non-maxed stats, of course.

What uhh

What sort of rolls should I look for when I start building an Eclipse set :stare:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Psion posted:

Gonna suggest you just go all-in on status effect/haste for Eclipse, and very specifically do not take armor regen. You just don't have the rolls to spare.

kiba, our resident armor regen enthusiast, and I had a conversation about this a while ago. They used 4 rolls on their high-end DPS build which is just under 20k/sec total regen and I've used a drone which is about 21k/sec and that's what I'd consider the floor. eclipse does not have 4 rolls worth giving over to an underperforming stat since you're already down 4 rolls over a high-end setup, so it's the equivalent of losing 8 towards your build's main purpose and you absolutely don't have a skill slot to give up. You will die more due to underperforming status effect not killing enemies rapidly than you will survive due to armor regen values that are like one bullet worth of incoming fire.

i am curious if capacitor will provide a reasonable level of gun power the build normally doesn't have, though that means giving up sweet dreams elbow punching for guaranteed status spreading. May be worth trying if someone catches you up close with skills on cooldown.

armor kits exist; and if they're all foamed and on fire you can sit in cover and armor up at your leisure anyway :v:

This is good to know, thanks :) What about speccing a bit into skill damage on my gear?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Screwing around with babby's first Eclipse build, and this is fun when it works but god drat do I run out of steam when I come up against an armored enemy. Is it viable to use this with survivalist? I fired up my old maxed out firewall specialization and I don't even use the flamethrower.

Yeeting a control point monster closet with a sticky bomb is a loving hoot though, just non stop fire procs :unsmigghh:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Am I missing something, or is the tower just not worth doing? Hoping to get a new backpack to throw bloodsucker on and I didn't see a drat one. Then got instagibbed by an EMP pulse generator thing? :confused:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Psion posted:

you are correct

the EMP pulse thing requires you to get close and stay in full cover and, importantly, not be peeking out when it pulses. Stay in the circle to hack it into a vulnerable state, then you shoot it to destroy it for good. One of the season pass bosses introduced this mechanic and summit reuses it.

Womp womp

Got this to drop tonight, wondering if I ought to throw 15% weapon damage on it in place of the armor roll with my four piece Hunter's Fury/Bloodsucker backpack

It's already something when Intimidate procs :stare:

Are either the M1928 or Tommy Gun viable for an SMG build? I've got an MPX right now but drat if that extra 50k damage from an 1928 I've got sitting around ain't tempting.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Weird, I don't see any change in cost to optimize my gear at all :confused:

Edit:

Holy poo poo this week's "give resources, get exotic" cache gave me an Imperial Dynasty holster :supaburn:

And a max roll Test Subject! Should I go with that or the Pyromaniac M4?

Beeb fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 2, 2021

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Psion posted:

are you looking at recalibration instead of optimizing? they're at the same table.

I made a note last night on what I needed to optimize my M1928:

15 SMG pieces
8 field recon
4 Hyena assessments
3 SHD calibration

Today, I need:

17 SMG pieces
8 field recon
5 Hyena assessments
3 SHD calibration

:shrug:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Can I get the Nemesis piece Puck drops first? I dismantled the rifle you get on the hovercraft, and I remember having Nemesis on the PS4 and it was kinda cool. But I'm not sure if I gotta do other stuff first or if I can just keep killing Puck hoping it drops.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Firewall shield really makes that much difference for Hunter's Fury? But I like my incendiary grenades and crossbow from Survivalist :argh:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

skaianDestiny posted:

Yes it does. You get a damage bonus for every enemy in front of your shield (10% maxed out with mods).

Hulk Krogan posted:

The flamethrower is also pretty decent emergency CC, which is more than you can really say for most of the other specialization weapons.

Well poo poo, guess I'm swapping over. I mostly like my crossbow for black tusk mechs and heavy enemies :haw:

Psion posted:

Yes, but it's more than the shield. Firewall itself gives you the unique 10% CHD grip, better class mods for the shield, health on kill, burn enemies on armor break, damage amp for your teammates to enemies close to you, and the flamethrower is basically a perfect third weapon for HF, especially since you can use it with the shield. It's a lot of small things that are all perfectly suited for HF's role of close range.

now are all these literally necessary - no. are they stacking the deck in your favor as you go up the difficulty level/group scaling ladder, yes. Up to you how far you go up that ladder.

The 10% CHD grip is cool, too bad I can't put it on my Thompson :argh: It's still weird to me that we can't just unlock grenade types on a specialization and swap between them tho.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

50 nades is simple just turn it down to hard or lower, equip concs, and throw on a mad bomber chest (to prime nades) and an Acosta bag (to get refunded nades). Then find 50 enemies!

I wish priming grenades wasn't a backpack skill, that should just be a thing you can do. Same for using any grenade from any of the specialization trees :argh:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

HAmbONE posted:

I really want a division game based solely around assisting civilians in surviving and rebuilding. No infinite ammo, resources and trinkets will be meaningful, no bullet sponging. Weight would be an issue and throw in permadeath for the hell of it

This would be really cool, cause l m a o @ all the civilian NPCs worshipping agents

I kinda doubt it'd go down like that in reality :haw:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Tonight I learned I can just craft SMG alloys to pour into my M1928 instead of hitting the targeted loot spots for SMGs.

I don't have the blueprint of course but... you can just make alloy out of component materials. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Roman posted:

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2325892-SCHEDULED-Maintenance-March-9th-2021?p=15366491#post15366491

Maintenance Notes:

Beginning of seasonal re-runs, starting with Season 5 (Season 1: Shadow Tide).
Fixes to crash to desktop issues.

Oh nice, I noticed a pretty heavy uptick in crashes to desktop lately :toot: