Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I kinda want to see an open world game set in San Diego even though I know we're not interesting or important enough to do so. It was pretty fun messing around in Chicago and SF in Watch_Dogs 1 and 2 since I know those cities pretty well, and my hometown would be cool too. But that's just me.

NY is done to death, I don't want to see it again. What about Toyko? I don't remember if anyone's made a large-scale open world game set there. Yakuza is the closest but it's always just one neighborhood (which isn't a bad thing, just not the same thing).

It's gone now but a Division like game in the Kowloon Walled City would have been amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

bamhand posted:

I went from fresh 30 to WT5 in a weekend. It's not a huge time commitment.

But do you need to do it for the expansion?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
If I mostly just run around solo what is a good gear set/specialization to go for? I mostly went Firewall with at least 2 pieces of System Corruption and 4 pieces of Striker and while that works great on Story/Normal its not that great on Harder and higher.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

blackguy32 posted:

So, they built Keener up as a guy having a secret agenda and a master plan that is all going to come together soon and then his grandmaster plan is revealed as Launching a viral missile at NY Keener definitely suffers from a lack of imagination.

They really should have played up more that he created his own Division Network with the various gadgets and crap the player gets access to.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Hakarne posted:

Sorry!

CMMG Banshee with Strained and off-hand LMG/Rifle of your choice.

Skills are Banshee Pulse and Revive Hive

Coyote's Mask
Ceska Vyroba Backpack (10% Crit Chance Bonus) with Unstoppable Force
Contractor's Gloves (Dmg to Armor)
Sokolov Concern Chest (SMG Dmg) with Obliterate
Grupo Sombra OR Sokolov Concern Holster (Both give +15% Crit dmg)
Fox's Prayer (Dmg to Targets out of cover)

I run an elite dmg reduction mod in the backpack, stack crit to get to 60% on your SMG (as you want to be up close to get +25% crit dmg from Coyote's Mask) and then go balls out with crit dmg from there. I have a few unoptimal rolls of armor regen, which is kinda nice if you do need to hang back. But I've had surprising luck just throwing caution to the wind and gunning things down up close and personal most of the time. Open with Banshee Pulse and gun down as many weaker enemies as you can to get Unstoppable Force rolling. Once that's up heavies and elites will melt and just keep killing to get armor back from Gunner.

Edit: Oh and also I have no idea how well this will work in groups but it should still be pretty good.

Whats the best way to get all this gear? Just keep running targeted loot?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I kind of wish I did the boost through cause (I believe) using the boost completely maxes out the Survivalist, Demolitionist, and Sharpshooter Specialization.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
The face mask/breather is visible when you go into one of the contaminated areas.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Cyrano4747 posted:

Ah. Last I heard common wisdom was that it helped with the final pool from the boss.

Got a pestilence at least.

I ended up getting a pestilence as well. What a good build to use with it? Just go Gunner and get the True Patriot gear set?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Does any on know if it possible to re-listen to those little conversation between Jupiter and the current manhunt target after completing a section?

And getting rogue agents during a league time trial absolutely blows.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Wamdoodle posted:

I didn't know Rogues could spawn in the open world. I got attacked right as I was leaving a safe house.

Twice now I was doing a mission in NY ( one being a time trial) and they spawned in place of a mobs for that set piece. I honestly thought they were only after doing stuff like a control point.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
How does it work if I want to play with my friends that don't have the expansions with my level 40 character? Do they stay at 30 and I get downgraded, I stay at 40, or what?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Speaking of next season....dont we have to pay for it? The manhunts were fun amd I like the radio bit to give story extra focus to poo poo I was already doing but it wasn't $10 worth it.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
So if my friends bought the game from the Uplay store what ate the odds they can get the expamsion through the Epic Store with the extra $10 dollar off.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Kibayasu posted:

I think you have to buy something $15 or more first to get a coupon on EGS. It's one of those self-reinforcing sales.

I'm more concerned/wondering if the uplay/epic can actually share keys om a account if bought from different stores.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Did any one else finish off the man hunt, kill Jupiter, and still miss some coms? It annoys me that in 18 out of 20.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I wouldn't be shocked if the next paid track had more exotics in it (or maybe even skill cosmetics) to get people to actually buy it.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Psion posted:

that'd get me to buy it, so I both hope Massive listens to you and doesn't listen to you

I do kind of wonder why Massive abandoned adding the extra skill variety add ons. The edition after gold def had a couple in there and the skill still have the slot for it

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
This Guardian Event so far is the only Season event I've actually liked. Sucks it only around for a limited time.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
The Pentagon missions also suuuuuuccccckkkkkk so don't feel like you have to do them. The camp mission is worth it just to hear the black tusk commander gst more and more fed up with this bullshit.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Is there any reward for doing a Hardcore Agent besides the YOLO hat at level 2? Or is it just for the challenge?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Roman posted:

Agents,

We are temporarily disabling the ability to purchase the Season 2 Pass from the in-game store and the Season 2 menu, due to a bug which immediately grants all Seasonal rewards from the Premium Track.

Players who have already purchased the Season 2 pass will keep the pass and the associated rewards. This is not a bannable offense and no action will be taken against affected players.

Stay tuned to this thread for updates and information when the Season 2 Pass will become available for purchase again.

/ The Division 2 team

So what is actually the paid Season 2 Pass rewards?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Played for the first time in a few months last night, dumped a bunch of materials into a project, got an exotic cache that had Pestilence in it. Is Pestilence still really good? I wanted one real badly when the expansion first dropped.

Pestilence is amazing for solo since the DOT icon really makes it easy to spot where all the enemies are in cover, behind poo poo, etc. It's like having a free spotter drone that also does damage.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

vyst posted:

Best way I can describe is a chain of missions in a single location with a single theme and the addition of some stupid puzzles

Also gently caress Kenly

Is the Diamondback worth doing Kenly for?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
So wait does Manhunt: Hornet not have any comms this time around?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Four-Eyes posted:

I don't how widespread this is, but I was getting the audio logs from SHD levels even before the season began. I hadn't gotten anything like that prior to TU10.

That happened to me to!

I actually like listening to them but I cant seem to find anything when I look at comms collectable section.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Four-Eyes posted:

Its really immature in comparison, but I still love how the True Sons stole that giant gun from the A-10 in the Air and Space Museum. They were kind enough to spray BRRRRRT next to it.

I just love the idea that a para-military group WOULD be smart enough to start stripping the Air and Space Museum tech/weapons. There is a lot of good poo poo in there! And the Hyena and Outcast sure as hell wouldn't know what to do with half the junk in there.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Yeah, even some Division agents. Its basically every one that went "gently caress this the the old world is gone" and joined up with a charismatic warlord using military command structure. Any one that could use a gun and follow orders was in.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I do like the factions but narrative wise nothing has come close to how good of a enemy the Cleaners are.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
They really should have done the DZ like GW2 PvP were you get normalized, free gear with different flavor focuses so that every one is on equal footing. And/or should have taken that one suggestion that if you bring exotics into the DZ people could loot them off you if you died.

BexGu fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jun 28, 2020

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Morter posted:

Agent, we need you to defend In-n-Out!

Ha ha this remind me of that one control point on the gas station right next to the Kennedy Center that every one uses when you gently caress up the turn to get onto 66. I will defend that place with my life.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
What's the best way to hunt down Sweet Dreams then? Just what ever is currently targeting shotgun as loot?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
So is just going after the spawned Named Enemies on the NY Map the best way to get the Lady Death or does it drop off Bounties as well?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Thats really the rub isn't it? The most "fun" builds are not really optimized but then you end up loving them any way. Like I run a 4 piece eclipse protocol with the Vile Mask/one Golem as Firewall spec with Crusader Shield/Airburst Seeker. I start encounters off with the airburst while rushing forward to use the shield for survive-ability while shotgunning every one on fire. Any one left alive gets the flame thrower and I love running around like a manic.

It slows down a bit for any of the tank elites but rips through everything at Challenging. I've gotten multiple perfects time trails on Hard with ease and decent times on Challenging.

I can do Heroic I just find it annoying how slow you have to play.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
If you are already Gunner Spec with Bullet King the Concussion Pulse works great to get enemies out of cover and with a status effect. And then the forever status effect train starts up and never stops.

Edit: Trying to get Lady Death, with it dropping off named mobs does mean ANY named mob, only overworld named elites, or only named Riker elites? Like do I just keep doing Riker bounties and hope for the best while killing a named Elite in the overworld walking around every 30 min?

BexGu fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 29, 2020

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

skaianDestiny posted:

Thinking about the Division 2's story as anything other than a shlocky post-apocalyptic America gently caress Yeah action film story is the road to disappointment. As it is, it's entertaining for me in the "so bad it's amusing" way.

There are a ton of fun descriptions running around the game

Oh there are a bunch more fun ones hidden in the cards

They re-used "This dude used green poison on puppies" more then once so I think the writer just started to loose it after a while. They all kind of work if you imagine its just Kelso loving around writing these.

BexGu fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 7, 2020

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Olds posted:

The problem with the story isn't that it's merely looter shooter bad; it's that long stretches of the game have no discernible plot at all. The 1-30 campaign barely touches on any plot beyond fix ISAC/kill bad guys/confiscate weapons, and the invasion campaign has almost no plot at all other than kill bad guys. It undermines the newer missions because they're much more story driven, but there's no base to drive the story so they end up being disconnected vignettes instead.

I think what Ubisoft was going for was a collection of small stories (basically the side mission) that created a bigger narrative whole of the player taking this fledgling settlement and through the players actions constantly improving it to make people lives better. So less straight-forward story-telling more environmental story telling. The main missions where kind of just "This is what this faction is up too" with the narrative of the Black Tusk happening in the background.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Fabricated posted:

The Outcasts are especially egregiously bad in the wake of you canonically having the magical broad-spectrum anti-virals. I mean, we could loving CURE THEM now.

The Outcasts don't want to be cured they just want to burn the world that put them in a hole and left them to die.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Fabricated posted:

I dunno they sound really stupid then. Like I'd probably give an ear to the magic specops guys if they'd show up and say "Yeah those JTF guys who abandoned you to die were bad and went full fash on DC so we killed them. We also have a cure for the virus and would like to actually help" instead of deciding to suicide bomb them

Well yeah...they are fanatics consumed by a religious like fervor to right any past wrong, either real or made up, against every one that is not them. Thinking clearly is not apart of the deal.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Olds posted:

Is having a terrible plot worse than having no plot? Tough question.

There's a plot! It just a lot more environmental story telling of a bunch of smaller personal stories (often going low-key in the background) instead of a grand over-arching thing. I kind of like it that way the player gotta hunt for it instead of having it shoved in your face.

Like at the time Speaker of the House Andrew Ellis used Black Tusk to make the Vice President death look like a suicide after the Presidents heart attack in order to gain complete control while working with Black Tusk in the background. Or the various personal struggles of the settlements and mini stories in the hidden side quests.

People are just getting whiplash now since WONY is moving more towards directed story telling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Considering the original time trails all had to be on challenging moving them down to hard makes getting the perfect times almost a given.