Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Does the battle pass unlock when I finish the expansion story, or when I hit max level or what? Just picked up the expansion last night after quitting about a month after launch. Having fun so far, but I feel like they got way too cute with the SHD caches this time, where it's hard for me to imagine most people finding them instead of just looking them up on youtube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Hopper posted:

God drat the Keener fight is unfair as poo poo. Am I not supposed to be able to beat it alone?

Like what's the gimmick? The guy just instaheals all his armor multiple times while making GBS threads out skills like 4 agents at once.

I hated that poo poo and died a lot.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I hope they rerun the global events like they did in the first game instead of one and done as part of season FOMO, because I'm dumb and missed them both so far.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

That guy has good opinions:

https://twitter.com/Thylander/status/1256958885161771010

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The games are deliberately exploiting people's psychology to create an addictive response, so it's not really that simple.

Obviously people who are miserable playing these games should quit playing them, I'm just agreeing with a lead designer at Ubisoft that there's blame to go around for creating that situation.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 15, 2020

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

MunchE posted:

Ugh why is the default setting of the Gamer to be like "This thing isn't fun anymore, now I will keep playing it lots but also spend lots of time yelling at the people who enjoy it to tell them why they're wrong". Like who ever gets to a point where they want to post a screed about how X game devs are lying assholes instead of just playing a different loving game

Roman posted:

Thylander (design lead) on live service games.

https://twitter.com/Thylander/status/1260585263321022464

Again, obviously it's something people should try to be aware of and stop themselves when they notice it happening, but that feeling people have that they can't quit is something these games are deliberately creating. Limited time content really fucks with people's brains.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 15:47 on May 15, 2020

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Any bets on what we'll be doing in Season 2? I'm guessing we'll see a bigger Black Tusk presence (invasions or something like them) in New York.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

HatJudge posted:

When I started playing I was finding cosmetics in a bunch of containers all over DC. It dried up after a while. Is this because there's a set amount of stuff you can find in the open world or are the pickups static and I've found all of the obvious ones?

The selection is pretty disappointing, and I've found my character's look by now. But. You know. Stuff for my stuff box.

You got them all. I went through the same thing, where I felt like there had to be more, but the free/non-lootbox selection is pretty limited.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

MunchE posted:

Even more limited is what you can get by using whatever the yellow currency is you get for dupes. drat near everything requires actual dollars in dues. But idgaf because your armor covers it all anyhow

You'd think they'd give an option to hide your armor so people would want to buy more cosmetics, but for some reason they really want to force everyone to stay tacticool.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I like that the back half of the season rewards are pretty unexciting so I don't feel bad that I'm probably going to end up around 50, most of that coming just from doing the manhunt stuff. If there was a super cool outfit at the end instead of just a gear dye, I still wouldn't drop 50 dollars just to finish leveling, and this late in probably wouldn't go crazy trying to get 50 more levels either, but this way I don't resent them for making me feel like I missed out on something awesome.

I guess the flip side is that if I'd played enough to hit 100 I might be disappointed that it didn't culminate in something better. It'll be interesting to see how they decide to handle it in future seasons, since on the one hand they want to give people incentives to keep playing, but on the other hand they want people to feel like they get enough out of the pass even if they don't hit 100 that they'll buy it.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The Wastelanders update will fix all of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Roman posted:

I haven't looked at what was datamined from the PTS but they've found story stuff from future seasons with HUGE spoilers and "it definitely seems like Seasons improve."

Yeah, I skimmed over it expecting more stuff like Jupiter, but yeah the next few seasons seem way better than this one. I mean I'm sure it'll all play pretty similarly, but it'll be nice to have a reason to give a poo poo.