Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Ah The Division 2, a game I would never have enjoyed if Anthem hadn't been so loving terrible. New content and I have returned.....and what happened to my poo poo? These are not the talents I had and now I am the leader of Xbox goon group ELI which the last other member to login was over 60 days ago.

The new DLC was a great reintroduction to gameplay and forcing me to ditch my old build. Didn't really get into farming earlier because by the time the first raid came out our clan was dead. Never been to New York or Washington irl but I love these maps and the new stuff pushes more vertical combat. This game and everything going on in the world is really creeping me out and yet compelling. Love the story, if there's one thing I would change is to stop putting audio logs near event triggers that override the dialogue.

Why does this game make me want to own a gun? not just any gun but a cool gun with gadgets.

edit: talents not perks

HAmbONE fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

Kibayasu posted:

NYC reworked the gear system. Among other things you can only get armor talents on chest and backpack pieces. Weapons now only have a single active talent, no passive or holstered talents, though they now have minor attributes which can give a fairly good bonus. Brand bonuses got changed.

Thanks to isolation I have already passed story of the DLC and now I'm trying to figure out what to build with what I'm getting. Ducked back into D.C. and tried my first dark zone in months....Insta-killed by someone with lvl40 maxed out, all named and exotic equipment. I'm a solo player, wish there was a reward system for not being a dick in the dz

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose
Congrats on the great Mantis find

Last server maintenance I managed to get in a good 40mins in a DZ and got my first Exotic since coming back. (I stupidly scrapped all my old stash, not realizing I could upgrade exotic stuff). I then proceed to get a ton of named weapons and items. Then I got another exotic. I had one more load on helicopter when the server went down. Got a decent Pestilence, decent exotic gloves (BTU Data?), and a perfect Pyromancer.

Now is the time to get serious about recalibrating and what is this recalibration library and oh god........god so much holding x. Game just came to a standstill.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose
So has anyone else done the Pathway with Kajika, with Hollywood mode on? I did it on Challenging and holy poo poo is the shock trap spam insane. They don't despawn and it just became an unending carpet of traps. Had to cheese him from bottom right corner, was fire job because it's the last one I have to lvl. Couldn't get close enough to use Heavy weapon, seekers are destroyed by traps, and mortar couldn't hit him. Also if I am not 100% armour his arrows can one-shot me.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose
I really want a division game based solely around assisting civilians in surviving and rebuilding. No infinite ammo, resources and trinkets will be meaningful, no bullet sponging. Weight would be an issue and throw in permadeath for the hell of it

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose
Goodbye level 350+ Hardcore agent. I don’t know what my full volley of technician rockets caught on but it was a lesson well learned.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

Wamdoodle posted:

Lessons I have learned about the Technician's Rocket Launcher:

1. Make sure there's plenty of overhead clearance.

2. If you have a drone out, make sure it is nowhere near you.

3. Make sure any enemy drones are nowhere near you.

4. Make sure there's no tree branches over you.

5. If you're behind cover, back away from it a few feet before firing.

6. Make sure your teammates are nowhere near you.

7. Don't bother using the launcher and just use your guns.

Goddamit I was using fixer drone/turret combination. And I have had that before in regular game where I’ve bounced explosives back off my drone. Hardcore is hella exciting though

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose
Trip report:

Came back to Div2 and had too much stuff. So I started another Hardcore character…

RPG to the face at WT4, my best run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

Huragok posted:

Just got to WT4 with my hardcore and promptly died.

I feel your pain RIPdolensces