Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

At the end of 2018, a study was published by London Metropolitan University showing that certain bacteria, normally present only in intestinal tracts or feces, were found on McDonald's self-service screens.

If you are on PS4 and need a clan, join COINCELPRO. We have some spots and I'll boot inactive (starting at the oldest) if we need more openings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

At the end of 2018, a study was published by London Metropolitan University showing that certain bacteria, normally present only in intestinal tracts or feces, were found on McDonald's self-service screens.

Captain Beans posted:

Does Warlords add anything with elements from Underground or Survival?

The whole game is getting modifiers similar to survival. You can set them on the whole map and I think just for missions.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Roman posted:

I think you meant Underground. Everything's getting Directives

Oh yeah Underground

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Rotten Red Rod posted:

As a new player on the $3 train, is there a good newbie guide leading to preparing for the expansion, like what content to focus on doing, what things to ignore, etc? I'm not planning on using the level 30 boost since I want to experience all the content I can before moving onto the expansion, but I don't want to be doing any grinding that will be made pointless when I do.

There's a lot to do. First job is to hit level 30. This involves a few things:

-Clearing each zone. This involves flipping all the control points to green, doing all the side missions in a zone, doing whatever projects the settlements give you, getting all the SHD Tech in each zone, and then main missions in each zone. This levels you up, unlocks skills and perks, etc.

-Then you have to clear strongholds. The last one you do is the Capital Building, which is sort of the last mission in the level 1-30 grind. Once you finish that, you're immediately whisked away to World Tier 1. Then you have to re-clear the Strongholds, except now they are invaded, that is now occupied by Black Tusk faction. To unlock a stronghold you have to clear 3 main missions (which are marked). Once you clear a stronghold, you're then taken to WT2, then rinse and repeat until you're at WT5. There's no reason at all to stay in the lower world tiers. Just get to 5 asap. There will still be some blueprints to get via projects and capturing level 4 control points. Thankfully it's easier now to have level 4 CPs, so there's that.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

Whatís Anthem like to play, like right now? I know itís a hilariously broken game, but Iím asking for honest and detailed opinion here, out of curiosity.

The game still has its Christmas poo poo turned on. That tells you all you need to know.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Dead Like Rev posted:

You mean like Christmas trees in game and poo poo? Thatís ALWAYS been there, dollar bill flu ravaged the city during Christmas/winter and were now in the summer. Who the gently caress was around to take down their lights and poo poo? You expect the hunters to do it or something?

Please read the post I quoted and was responding to.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

fatelvis posted:

Is there anywhere that has a good guide for how to put together builds? All the different talents and combinations of gear perks make my brain melt.

Currently I've just gone full glass cannon and with everything on crit damage, chance and elite dmg - just because that seems the simplest way to go.

Any guide gets thrown out the window in a few days so I wouldnít worry about it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

squirrelzipper posted:

In case anyone else is wondering this apparently the boost pushes you up to WTV with a GS 500 piece of gear for each slot and several GS 500 weapons. It also completes all missions main and side. You can obviously replay the main missions but finish any side missions you want to do first. This is cool. Going to take Wed. Next week off and visit NYC!

What weapon mods do you get, if any? Does it totally fill out your skill and perks?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Cool, definitely gonna check it out then. Speaking of, just saw that this has a refer a friend program so if any PS4 goon wants to toss me an invite and play a few rounds for the rewards this weekend, toss me a link!

Whats your PSN

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Roman posted:

If you have a Hard Wired/BTSU build like me, I watched a video by JETT4TH about making it *probably* still be good next week.

tl;dr is that you want Wyvern kneepads because they'll be changed to have 10% skill dmg, 10% status effects, 15% skill duration. You'll want backpack and chest to be Hard Wired pieces because those will have enhancing talents.
That's based on the stuff from the SotG videos and anything can change but this seems to be the way to go.

hard wired:

wyvern:

You're going to replace it all within the first hour anyway but at least you'll have something good going in

Related to this, will any recalibrated gear get reset ? Will we get refunded the recalibration costs? They did this at least once in TD1.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Warlords release schedule:

PC: March 2nd 11AM UTC (6am EST)
Xbox/PS4: March 3rd 12AM local time.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

tweet my meat posted:

So how would you go about making a striker build theoretically?

Without seeing the new weapon talents and the rolls on Striker, it's hard to say. In TD1, you wanted nothing in electronics, just enough FA to trigger your weapon talents, and dump the rest into STA.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

GreatGreen posted:

I remember hearing that if you sell or dismantle armor pieces with mods on it, you lose those mods. They disappear from your inventory and are just gone. This different from weapon mods, which are not "spendable" items.

Is this still the case?

As of right now, yes. Not sure about what happens after TU8.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Psion posted:

I don't even know if WONY has any preorder bonuses. I thought I remembered something about getting some "early purchaser" bonuses if you buy before April 3, but I can't find details on that? It's buried under all the SEO-stuffed trash in search results

There's no pre-order bonus but there's some stuff you get if you buy Warlords before April 3rd.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Have a PS4 Capitol Defender Pack. Contains the Lullaby shotgun and the Hazmat outfit.

J6MB-G4NA-E292

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Hyperactive posted:

Does the game become unplayable solo at World Tier 2? Everywhere I go, any encounter on the map, no matter how trivial, always escalates to swarms of baddies coming from every direction with bulletproof robot backup. Also a stiff breeze removes my armor.

Put on any gear you get from drops in WT2. I bet youíre wearing stuff thatís way under leveled.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Hyperactive posted:

Yeah, I have been, but itís still early days so only 319 gearscore right now but the max is 350. Iím getting blasted to hell if I do anything in the city and it seems like itís always from an endless series of waves spawning in a firing circle around me.

Missions, invaded or otherwise, seem fine.

Get a friend who is at WT5 to help out. They can jump into your world and carry you through the missions so you can get to WT5.

Or matchmake.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I did that pretty much every time I used the rocket launcher.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

ZombyDog posted:

Friendship ended with BTSU/Hardwired, Aces and 8's is now my friend.

Equip SVD, look down scope, click heads, never stop clicking heads.
I am surprised I haven't come across many Ace & 8 users out in the wild.

Get an SVD with Lucky Shot. You'll never have to worry about clicking heads again. Just spam poo poo and proc Aces all day.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Is there a PS4 goon clan?

Also there anything specific I should be focusing on as a brand-new player? I'm up to level 13 now and just kind of doing Main / Side missions. I've knocked out a few control points and messed around with some of the projects that gave interesting blueprints, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on any obvious area of progression / quality of life upgrades along the way.

So far I really like assault rifles and marksman rifles. Last night I found a high-end P90 that just shreds things at close-to-medium range though. Shame it's going to probably be obsolete in a couple levels but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Lastly, is there a list anywhere of all the unlockable cosmetic stuff / weapon skins that are just laying around in the world? I've found a few so far but I want to make as many ridiculous outfits as possible.

Join COINCELPRO

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Why balk at a $40 purchase? Youíll need something to do while quarantined at home.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Are talents on gear going to be static? Like, every Fenris chest piece will always have the same talent?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

IllegallySober posted:

So the Year 1 pass unlocks some things early but it also DOES have extra missions and whatnot that I canít unlock without it?

Iím not interested in paying to steamroll everything early but Iím enjoying this enough that Iíll probably try to unlock everything. I know thereís already one purple level on my map near the White House that requires the Year 1 pass. Should I wait and buy it later? Can I buy it now when itís on sale and not install it until later? (Iím on PS4).

You don't really install it. Your game already has the data, it's just locked until you buy the year one pass. Just loving buy it if it's cheap right now. You're not forced to do the classified missions.

The Year 1 pass also gives you the new specializations off the bat, but you still have to grind to max them out, and you can still do the missions normally done to unlock them and you'll get cosmetics and other poo poo instead.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

RIP Aces and Eights.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Dammit. If I had known PS4 would be live today, I'd have taken today off work and not tomorrow.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I don't know if it's just because it's new, but already I think NYC is more visually interesting than DC.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Zigmidge posted:

Nobody on earth needs a videogame to understand this.

Oh yeah man. I meant in the game itself. Ever since they announced Warlords, I always wondered if the devs felt they made a mis-step in setting the sequel in DC and they were trying to correct this. After just doing the intro mission, I suspect I'm right.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

So the new Black Tusk faction get a support station. Where's ours, Massive?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Anyone missing cosmetics? I'm missing 10 or so.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

So I've come back to the game recently and I'm loving the location specific gear priorities, however I have a question. Are certain specific gear talents restricted to/from certain manufacturers? For example, in Wyvern Wear I can't find a holster with Fill Er Up or body armor with Berserk.

Those talents are gone. Read the patch notes linked above.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

JockstrapManthrust posted:

I'm missing my entire stash contents, the only thing in there is the free exotic I got with the game. All the other exotics and gear is gone.

Ubi is apparently doing maintenance on other systems which could be part of the problem. I got on the line with Ubi support. The guy told me to restore my licenses, reinstall the game, or give it a day or two. Restoring the licenses didn't fix it, so I'm reinstalling right now.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Roman posted:

the 1-30 and 31-40 libraries are completely separate. so no, unless you plan to never buy the expansion, beaten.

Are god rolls relative to that specific piece of gear, or that category? For example (using a made up number) I have a mask with 9%CHC and it shows it's the max roll. Is that the max roll for that type of mask, or for masks in general?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Shoren posted:

All brands now have the same number of attributes on each type of gear piece (which was a big determining factor on max rolls with the previous allocation system). The allocation system is now gone so any max roll you find on a certain slot should be the max across all brands for that slot. So to answer your question, for a mask at the level you're looking at, 9% CHC is the max you can get on any mask. Whether it's the max at level 40 or not is another question.

I went to the recalibration table. When you go to the tab to actually rip stuff out and add it to your library, it shows if it's the max roll for that attribute for that gear type (mask, chest, etc). Your suspicion is correct in that most likely you won't see max rolls on low level stuff. That said, it wouldn't hurt to check the library before trashing items. I'd also recommend ripping out talents whenever possible on lower level chests and backpacks. That way when you hit 40, you can focus on ripping out max rolls instead of talents. Obviously, if you do see a max roll on a low level item, rip that fucker out.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Kenley is only open for like a week every few weeks or so.

Exotics don't scale but there are rumors of blueprints sometime in the future to bring them up.

The patch notes said there won't be any level 40 blueprints for the current exotics right now because they want you to grind for them again.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

bamhand posted:

How long does it take to grind out an exotic?

Some have quests but most are RNG. For RNG ones, do target loot (ie AR for the Chameleon) on the hardest difficulty available for it. So if it's a mission, do it on heroic or legendary if available. The Eagle Bearer is RNG but it's also only available in the raid.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

bamhand posted:

What kind of loving game would let you shoot a dog? And who the gently caress is trying to shoot the dogs in the game?

I shoot every animal I come across.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

How do I get side missions in New York?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

smellmycheese posted:

Apparently there are perfect damage roll gloves at the Clan Vendor yíall

Yeah this. When you hit 40, go to the clan vendor asap.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Noirex posted:

How do I get spec points for my specialization in NYC? I have been leveling to 36, doing some bounties, main missions etc and donít seem to be getting any?

You probably wonít get spec points until you finish the story. After that missions and poo poo should give you points.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I did, but it wouldnít break the shields or stagger them. I dunno if it was glitched or what.

Aim for the weak points.

Also once you finish the story and you can do whatever, stop and craft some poo poo. The jump between story mode stuff and Ďnormalí is no joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

What's the best healing skill now?

What are good armor and health numbers to have now? I've ended up with around 850K armor and 350K health and I feel like I'm made of tissue paper.