Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
In Division 1 it's explicitly stated that every major city in the US is hosed. NYC was ground zero so it got hit the hardest. There's an easter egg thing in Division 1 that also indicates that other major cities on the planet got hosed too.

The SHD tech like ISAC was already in place pre-pandemic and it's barely operating going by what happens in some of the missions. I'm sure there's some lore book at Massive's office.

And you're right. Division 2 takes place post-pandemic.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Feb 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Some supposed leaks about Year 3 content made the rounds today. It's almost certainly bullshit, but here it is: Level cap raised to 50. New city. Survival mode type thing. A level cap increase is possible, but i doubt the other stuff just because of the amount of work they'd have to put into it.

I don't think the 'new content' will be anything really substantive because there's no time for that if it's supposed to be out this year. Given the timing of things, it's likely they were just told to make more poo poo a couple weeks ago.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 22, 2021

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Morter posted:

I would really love more urban scavengy stuff truth be told. But everything that proports that is heavily PvP/competitive.

Tromping around apartments was some of the most fun I had in Div1 because it was immersive and nostalgic for me. If that was, say, an alternative to grinding bosses/supplement crafting mats in the long haul I'd do it as a relaxing walking (with sometimes shooting) simulator.

This was a really fun part of Division 1 and it was actually worth it since you could get a ton of cosmetics that way. In Div 2 there's only a handful of cosmetics you can get by scavenging.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 2, 2021

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

jabro posted:

The lights were already turned off.

This says they had to put another team together.

They even have another Ubisoft studio helping out.

I do have to laugh a little at the announcement. No new content until the end of the year (at best) but they're sure to extract more money from people via apparel events.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

So I reinstalled this after... a year, judging by my clan notifications. Right around NY launched (haven't bought it yet).

I'm at... WT3 according to this, unlocked my spec (firewall) but the last req for the level 2 unlock is Manning Zoo, which is apparently unlocked at WT5, so I'm guess that's going in the backburner for now.

So, couple questions: I had been playing this with a couple friends for the most part, but it's highly unlikely they'll jump back in. Can I run poo poo solo comfortably? What should I be doing at WT3, just running stuff to gear up and hit WT5? Any ideas/suggestions?

poo poo, can't even remember what I was running, skills-wise. Anything to avoid/focus, or just pick a type of gun I like and build towards that?

There's no reason to stay at lower world tiers. Get to 5 asap then start worrying about finishing projects and gear/loadouts.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

When running BT missions it's a good idea for at least one person in the group to have a jammer pulse.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I hate running skill or tank builds but I always appreciate the player who runs an explodey build to soften up all the targets or the person who runs tank build with Pointman so I always have armor.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

All the WONY missions, just like the Camp and the Zoo are all 1.5 encounters too long.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

blackguy32 posted:

I am so glad that the manhunt doesn't make you do all of the Summit. Maybe I will run through it at some point but even 10 floors was pretty mind numbing to me.

It's boring but it's also the best way to get loot. If you crank the difficulty up to Heroic and turn on some directives, it's also an efficient way to level up your SHD. Doing the challenges is also a good way to get optimization mats.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Everyone has their preferences but I believe overall the meta favors weapons with higher ROF. For AR’s I prefer the M4 models. They are fairly stable and have a good ROF. SMGs I like the MPX
or other MP5 variants. For PVP I think the Vectors are favored because you dump an entire mag in like half a second.

The classic M1A is hands down the best rifle.

For other guns, it depends on your build. Sometimes you want that perfect talent on a named weapon so you might end up using a gun that is technically inferior compared to others in its class but the talent makes up for it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I'm guessing they were under geared, but tonight 4 dudes in the DZ tried to roll up on me at a landmark and I managed to smoke them all. It was...very satisfying.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 16, 2021

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Check your emails for poo poo from Ubisoft. I just got an invite to the technical test for Rainbow Six parasite.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Any of the PS4 players on here do raids? I'd like to try and run those more regularly and because I want a Ravenous.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

HiriseSoftware posted:

I saw you were raiding last night. Unfortunately I could only play via remote the past few days but if you ever plan on raiding again after the 10:30-11pm eastern hour I'll let you know if I'm free and in front of the TV. Did you finish it last night? I haven't finished it but at this point I've got enough keys to open the box at least once.

We cleared the first two bosses. We smoked the first one but had trouble on the second. For a few people it was the first time and there was a language barrier for a couple of players. I’m not sure when we’re going to finish but if there’s a spot I’ll let you know. What’s your PSN name anyway?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

The Division has been a hit for Ubi, so we’ll definitely see more. At this point it would have to be a current-gen (XSX/PS5) title and maybe a version for the previous gen.

As for when? Who knows. While they are working on Avatar and Star Wars, the studio has also grown in size so it’s not out of the realm of possibility that they could be working on all 3 simultaneously to some degree.

They did announce new content for Div2 but it was absolutely a surprise for the developers too so it’s hard to say what it will entail since as you mentioned the game was basically finished at the end of the last season. The staff were just keeping the lights on.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 22, 2021

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Tabletops posted:

Did they ever put something like survival mode in 2? I loved survival so much

Nope. But get ready for the next exciting apparel event.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Fabricated posted:

I wasn't sure if your Div 2 PC was your PC from Div 1 but I guess that's not the case given WONY- where Fae, Benetiz, and Rhodes don't seem to act like they recognize you.

I'm 99.9% sure the developers stated it's a different player character. I kinda thought maybe your Div 1 PC died in whatever battle happened right before WONY.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I don't want to speculate or anything, but an Ubisoft studio has developed a VR component for the Snowdrop engine.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

If I make another character in order to get more raid keys and all the SHD points and poo poo, what’s the minimum I need to do? Hit level 30, do the main story mission, go to Manhattan and do WONY. Do I neeeeed to do side missions or the specialization projects?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I hope this doesn't come across like me being mean, but if you really want to know if your build is good or not, you need to run something in a 4 man group. Enemies have such smaller health/armor pools on solo, even the worst build can kill poo poo no problem.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Are you talking about the build that’s specifically designed for solo farming convoys for leveling up every 45 seconds or the pestilence build that topped dps/kills on an easy heroic 4 man invaded Roosevelt island last week?

I'm not particularly impressed by quickly solo-ing a convoy. Once you camp their spawn it's trivially easy.

I'm going to have to see the build you used to top dps/kills on a heroic 4 man. I'd also need to see the builds the other people were using in order to put it into proper context.

My point is that on here and elsewhere you'll see a supposedly insane build that does all sorts of damage and shreds enemies with that caveat that it's solo. That should be taken into consideration when saying that a build is amazing or if you want to put the effort into farming the pieces needed.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Yeah but how’s it run in 4 man heroic, post your damage charts

No but I am interested to know what Trauma does in that build. Maybe I'm missing something but is there something in the build that increases the duration of the status effects or the bleed damage? Otherwise it doesn't seem to do much since the effects don't last long and they have 30 second cool downs. Seems like that's a better talent for a PvP build.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

Got myself the named Hana-U backpack and Capacitor and... ahahahaahha gently caress this just wrecks everything.

I now have 2 mostly complete builds: Turret/Drone and Pestilence.

Can anyone link a good Baker's Dozen build? I'd like to plink at things for a change.

This is gonna be your typical DPS build. All red attributes everywhere. Roll CHC/CHD for minor attributes. CHD gear mods.

-Fox's Prayer Knee pads. BIS for DPS, plus you get the extra rifle damage.
-Contractor's Gloves
-3 pieces of Providence
-1 Grupo or Ceska piece depending on your needs. (I'd go with Grupo)

Chest talent: Focused, Glass Cannon, or Unbreakable if you want more survivability.
Backpack talent: Vigilance.

Skills: Revive Hive for sure. I would recommend a shield for the other one.

Specialization: I would go with Demolitionist. It will let you eat an explosion, bonus damage to targets out of cover, and the weapon mod with 7%CHC.

There's some room for variation there. You might skip the gloves and then go for a Grupo AND a Ceska piece. Or if your SHD levels are low, use a Coyote mask (I don't recommend using the mask once your SHD levels are maxed out in the offensive category).

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 12, 2021

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Oh great more loot box and micro transaction garbage.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Massive didn't show ANYTHING Division at Ubisoft Forward. I figured they didn't have much to show for the new Division content but I was hoping for something from the spin-off games.

However, did you all see the trailer for the Avatar game? They trailer didn't say anything about the gameplay so I'll reserve judgement until I see it. However, visually it looks amazing. It's next-gen only and whatever upgraded Snowdrop engine they're using is incredible. If it's a preview of what to expect from Division 3 and the new Star Wars game, I'm excited.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

UnknownMercenary posted:

I mean, they literally came out a week ahead of time to tell everybody that there would be no Division stuff shown at E3 so I don't get the surprise here.

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/1401932020461228035

Considering the extremely rough state of the leaked Heartland alpha, it's for the best.

I did see that and I'm still surprised. I figured they'd have a little something even if it's just some poo poo for their mobile game.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

What's the PS player base these days? I tried to match make for the league missions and had a hell of a time.

Also, does anyone recall them saying that while they were repeating the seasons, they'd be adding cosmetic poo poo during the re-runs? I swear they said this but maybe I'm hallucinating.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Ok thanks for letting me know I’m not insane. I recall them saying they were doing that so current players would still have a reason to play the recycled content so I assumed that they’d be doing them NOW. Not sure if that was the plan or if they always intended them for when the new content drops later this year.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Tomorrow Ubisoft is showing off what appears to be a COD style FPS set in the Tom Clancy-verse. No idea if it's a Division title or MP only but the two video clips are multiplayer maps set in Division settings (NYC and National Zoo).

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

UnknownMercenary posted:

That's a CERA logo at 10 seconds and the map area looks like Times Square so I bet this is another Division spinoff, or that Clancyverse shooter that was rumoured at E3.

It has to be the Clancy-verse shooter.

Heartland had some alpha test last month I think so people have played and no one chimed into say the thing being shown tomorrow is Heartland.

If memory serves, there's two Division games in development right now: Heartland and a mobile game.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

UnknownMercenary posted:

A bunch of those areas are from Division as well. One of them is the Western TV set from Stolen Signal in Division 1.

There's a NYC map, a National Zoo map, and I recognized a couple others from both games.

I'm afraid that even if the game is remotely good, it's gonna have that F2P stink on it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I still can't loving believe there's not even a hint of a new Splinter Cell game. Just this poo poo where they drop Sam Fisher and Echelon stuff into games as DLC. They went a whole console generation without a new title.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

The only thing we know is that it's an open world Star Wars game. And since it's Massive there's a 99% chance it runs on Snowdrop. There was an interview with Massive and what happened is the suits at Disney saw their work on the upcoming Avatar game and said "We want you to make a Star Wars game." So I now I suspect the game will be closer to that game (whatever it ends up being) than Division.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Crafting is kind of a waste of materials. There’s a few items that are ONLY available via crafting but I don’t consider them must haves. Crafting is good for if you need a piece of a particular brand for a build. If you’re really hunting for something, utilize targeted gear, especially in the summit. Run the summit and I can guarantee you’ll get the piece you want and with the desirable rolls within an hour or two. Save your crafting mats for recalibration and optimization.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That's true. Only time I specifically went for crafting were for a few hazpro builds since there's some crafting only parts that double roll it.

Which parts are these? That's news to me.

As for calibration, it's not difficult, but you do want to keep a few things in mind when doing it. You can only calibrate one thing on a piece of gear, so what becomes more important is what gear you keep and what gear you grind. If an item has 4 attributes (guns, chest, backpack), you want 3 of the 4 to already be what you want (what you want is a whole other post and depends on the build you're going for). Ideally, the talent is already what you want since you don't want to waste the recalibration on it. You also don't want to waste time recalibrating gear if the rolls are low, since you'll end up spending an absurd amount of resources optimizing it. If an item has 3 attributes, then 2 of the 3 should be what you want and ideally at high values.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I still can't get over that name.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I'll throw in a couple other suggestions.

Consider Unbreakable on your chest piece. It's essentially a free life. You'll sacrifice damage but with solo play, enemies already have pretty small health pools.
An assault turret isn't a bad skill to take. It has a quick CD and can give the enemies something else to shoot at instead of you.

edit: The Momento backpack isn't that great. You're sacrificing two rolls and a talent so you can build stacks.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 9, 2021

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Tabletops posted:

Ty for the info, until now I’d been using a seeker/chem heal survivalist thing I used a bunch when the game launched. Was kinda hybrid tech/dmg and served me well.

I found a Scorpio on my first post campaign bounty. Can I build around it? It seems really good

The Scorpio is really good against hunters and rogues. If you keep hitting them with the Scorpio you can effectively stun lock them. If you have a squad all doing that you'll just melt them.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Tabletops posted:

do people not play summit much? whenever i call for backup it takes like 5+ minutes sometimes to get someone, vs almost instantly in normal activity stuff. or do people just not do heroic stuff and mostly legendary in summit?

I haven’t done it in a while but I usually never had trouble match making for Summit on heroic. Heroic is probably the sweet spot for it (along with the rest of the game). Legendary does give you better loot but it’s wayyyyy harder and takes longer so heroic is a more efficient use of your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I know it's too old, but I wouldn't mind a next-gen performance patch for Wildlands. I think it was way more fun that Breakpoint, especially in MP.