Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
What should i do to get into COINCELPRO, again. Second time I've been removed, understandably as I've been inactive for a long time, but been waiting for the expansion to fix all the stuff that annoyed me with gearing. Loving New York so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

Request an invite. I booted everyone active more than 90 days.

Cool cool, I'll get to it when I get home from work. Will be applying as Nroof.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

jabro posted:

Nroof, I see your invite but can accept it. When someone cooler than me gets on we’ll get you in COINCELPRO.

I'm in now, thanks!

Hit 40 last night. Crafted a whole new set of lvl 40 gear, went from like 550K armor to 850K and boosted my dps with 20-25K. And that was just random pieces. Looking forward to getting a build going. drat you sleep and work!

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Anyone got a list of the brand sets? Can't seem to find an updated list for WoNY.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

How do I kill Keener? He just rolled out of my oxidizer fields, EMPed my healer drone, then I got popped by a seeker mine and sniper turret.

This is not super fun

I just used the stinger hive where he jumps down, then my no skill tier riot foam with like 3 charges to make him stand in the hive. Just shot him between the chem launcher cd's.

On another note. I have two build's thats starting to come together. A tank build with shield, fixer drone. Got two gilas, to richters(?) one with smg dmg and the exotic chest. 4 + skill tier and 2 defense. Can solo hard easily, but on challenge i my shield just gets chewed through. Also have a 3 strikers 2 of those that gives crit (I'm bad with names) and a fenris. Just waiting to get more electronics so I can recalibrate to some more weapon damage.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Is the striker set still bugged? And have they talked about a fix? Tried it at the shooting range last night and I'm unable to build stacks.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Tried my tank solo build with chatterbox. (Solokov mask, guila backpack with unstoppable force, gila gloves, corrupted system knees and holster and tardigrade chest.) Running shield and deflector drone. Was kinda meh. But I got a Lady death and that works like a charm. Can solo almost everything on challenging.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
So i finished up the reverse polarity event this weekend. (Because I hate myself).
Fastest way to get the negativ polarity weakpoint kills I found was the two hallways before the boiler room in federal emergency bunker. The outcast suicide bombers there you just shoot in the chest, used the sniper special weapon to take out the two that spawns at the door in the first hall way with one shot. Then wipe in the boilerrom, rince and repeat.
If the RNG is good to you, you can take down around 5 each try, so still time consuming.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

Shoren posted:

I didn't bother doing that one at all because it seemed the biggest pain to do. You can get the backpack trophy by collecting all but 4 of the stars and that challenge was worth 4 stars itself.

If I learned anything from this it's to wait until the fourth day to start doing the challenges because most of them can be done concurrently so you'll save yourself a lot of time that way. From the summary of the next global event, it looks like getting headshot kills will be the only way to truly kill enemies so that'll be a bit of a pain.

Yeah, it was the last I finished, had about 25 of the 50 kills just by finishing up everything else. Still annoying. But the 100 headshots on +/- enemies made me actually improve at the game, playing on a PS4, so gone for body shots mostly, but now atleast I'm a bit prepared for the next global event.

GhostDog posted:

I liked the polarity event. It forced me to play differently which is a good thing in my book, even if some of the goals were a bit annoying.

Took me about a heartbeat to switch back to normal after I finished up all the tasks. But enjoyed the challenge. Ran around with two M1A, one bakers dozen and one with boomerang, so just switched weapons between polarities.

docLeder fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 30, 2020

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Just tried a 4 piece corrupted system, contractors gloves and fox prayers build. 4 blues and technician, bulwark shield and with liberty. Basically unkillable on challenging, and killing stuff decently fast. Looking forward to making a striker build tomorrow tho. Kinda bored of tapping with the m1a build. I want to shoot ARs, goddamnit!

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
So i threw together a quick striker build yesterday. Still seems kinda bugged. Got a feeling i did decent damage, as enemies died fast-ish, but halfway through jefferson the icon for strikers disappeard from my bar. Ended up doing a measly 240 mil dmg on challenging, far from what the m1a build can do.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Am I the only one who has no idea what the story, or anyone is in this game? I jus log on to shoot some dudes, collect some loot, and make fun builds. The reason why I shoot them is because they have red bars over their head, thats enough for me.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Build chat! My go to for solo-ing heroic lately is 3 gila, 2 golan gear and the Matador backpack. All main rolls are armor, everything else is rolled to crit chance and crit damage except a singel armor regen on my mask.
So running with 60% crit chance, 100% crit damage and 45k armor regen/s. Intimidate on chest.
Using firewall i run around with my shield and an assault drone as just an distraction, mowing down things with lady death. The survivability is excellent, and as long as you toggle shield on and off and sprint to dudes, the damage from lady death is great.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Intimidate/Adrenaline rush is too fun. This is the closest I can get to Div1 striker build. My museum run.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
So two of my bleedresist mods got turned into incoming repair. Guess I have to grind again yo get my backfire build back. Lovely bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
My goto run 'n gun solo for both heroic open world, missions, bounties and summit is firewall with the shield. Running Lady Death with three gila, memento backpack, one sokolov and one belstone. Chest is with intimodate. All brand pieces rolled armor as main stats except one red, so I still get full tier on shield. Minors are rolled CHC/CHD and armor regen. So rolling with around 58% chc, 110 chd and 40k armor regen/s. When full stacks of the memento buff I'm about 95k armor regen/s. You can face tank alot and the ttk is pretty low if you just run up, activate shield, dump mag, deactivate shield and sprint while reloading to get the Lady Death stacks. Rince and repeat. Just taking cover fills your armor bar really quick when getting low, or just get the memento pickups to get some bonus armor while you regen like crazy.