Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

They're tied to the specializations. Each one has a unique grenade that you unlock by buying the associated perk in that specialization's tree. Gunner has a riot foam grenade, technician has an EMP grenade, Survivalist has incendiary, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Can you reassign the points from SHD levels? I don't see the option but since they're basically Paragon levels from Diablo I kinda figured you'd be able to.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Well in Diablo you can put all your defensive points into armor if it suits your build, then change it to say, life regen when you want to run a different setup that would benefit more from that start. If you can't do that then you kind of have to commit to a setup to really get much benefit from them, at least until you've maxed everything out.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Mar 7, 2020

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Blind Duke posted:

Let me pick something up while marking it for recalibration. Then one button to throw whatever improvements are in the lot into the library and deconstruct the rest.

They'd need to let you mark which specific stat you want to rip since one piece of gear might have multiple candidates.

That would rule though. Building up your library makes the gear hunt way more fun but yeah, spending 20 minutes with that UI is real drake no vibes.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Hakarne posted:

I threw together a hardwired artillery turret build and it's stupid fun/powerful. I'm using 4 piece hardwired, a named China Light (+15% explosive damage) backpack with Perfect Shock and Awe, and a wyvern holster (10% skill damage). I'm using a Stoner LMG that has Spike to suppress enemies and get bonus skill dmg on headshot, and Emeline's Guard which has Perfect Preservation for healing.

You can just sit in cover and nuke everything down. The artillery turret applies bleed so shock and awe bonus is always running, and most enemies die in 1 hit even on challenging. The only thing that sucks are heavy gunners. It takes like 10+ mortars to gib them and it's really slowing me down when I run into them. What's a good skill for dealing with hardened targets like that? I almost exclusively used guns in D1 and D2 so I'm new to skill builds.

The other downside is charging enemies and the janky turret targeting. But when your mortars connect it's all worth it.

I did a version of this last night too and it tore poo poo up on challenging. My setup is a wyvern backpack with tech support and a China lake chest with kinetic momentum, and the named shotgun with perfectly rooted. Might have to try working in shock and awe though, and I like the idea of using an LMG for suppression too.

I've been running either shield or chem heal for emergencies and the easy reset on turret cooldown with the hard wired bonus, but I'm actually thinking of trying out the riot foam launcher in that slot. Could be pretty handy against fatties.

Also, the fact that you can still target and launch mortars while reviving teammates owns owns owns.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Hakarne posted:

I found a good skill that compliments my mortar nicely for hard targets: my gun . But really, I actually used the healing drone and focused on health repair as my secondary stat to skill damage when I could. My drone's up to 80k repair which makes you incredibly resilient when gunning from cover. That lets me spray bullets from my Stoner LMG to constantly have spike proc'd and lock down targets for my mortar. Your weapon damage obviously isn't great but it's not too bad either - you can still kill reds and charging enemies on challenging easily enough with just your gun, and you can drill the same spot on a heavy for much quicker kills.

That's just for solo too. This also makes you a fantastic support for groups. LMG for CC, mortar for indirect fire, and you can also play healer with your drone. I'm digging it so far.

How does this work with using the Hard wired talent to reset cooldown on the mortar? I've been using stuff like the shield and chem launcher that are effectively always available, so that I can pop them to refresh my turret cooldown whenever it runs dry or needs to be moved. Seems like you have less flexibility with a skill like the drone that's longer duration and longer cooldown?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Hakarne posted:

I was worried about that too but it hasn't been an issue so far. The drone lasts forever and you can just cancel it to trigger hardwired for your turret if necessary. It's like a 20-25 second cooldown on the drone and I'm using a non-set backpack so it matches pretty close to hardwired's cooldown. The only thing I sorta have to keep track of is the drone duration between multiple areas. It's like a 5 minute duration which is plenty for individual fights, but I found it best to cancel it when moving between fights.

But I may try the healing chem launcher tonight to see how it compares to the drone. I realized I'm still thinking of skills as if I have no skill power. I'm guessing a tier 6 healing chem would last quite a bit longer than it would on a red build. That's what drew me to the drone - continuous mobile healing while firing and launching mortars. If I could preemptively lay a chem patch that lasts a while that may do just fine!

Chem heal isn't bad in this setup, and you have lots of charges at skill tier 6. What's really fun is the riot foam. Ran that in a group last night and it was tons of fun effectively stun locking named enemies and rogue agents so my team could focus fire them down, revive people, repositions, etc. Pretty good oh poo poo button when they try to rush you too.

Digital Osmosis posted:

Does a shield in a skill-damage build, like say with a turret for hardwired, actually make you more resilient? Like obviously it should but I wonder how much survivability comes from blue secondary attributes. So far I've really only hosed with red and yellow builds, and found the lowered time to kill on my red build usually makes me more survivable - although it's possible I just wasn't running a good yellow build (I tried to rebuild my Ongoing Directive build, stinger hives and assault drone.)

Shields use yellow or blue pips interchangeably when determining your skill tier, so 6 blue, 6 yellow, 3/3, or any other combination of the two gives you a shield that's skill tier 6 and thus pretty beefy.

There's probably better skills to run on most skill builds in terms of synergy and utility, but the shield is definitely usable on a skill build if that's how you wanna roll.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 12, 2020

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Does the Damage to Armor stat apply when you're shooting armor plates, like on a minigun or hammer chungus, or only to the armor pips on yellow and purple enemies' health bars?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

ZombyDog posted:

a god rolled Fast Hands Banshee.

So I got one of these with maxed crit chance and crit damage, plus Close and Personal for the talent. The SMG damage roll is only like 8% though and I'm wondering if if the move here is to max that our or to stick Fast Hands on it. Thoughts?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

So if you have two saved load-outs that use the same specialization but run different guns, do the loadouts remember which weapon damage perks you picked for each and change them when you switch? Or do you have to run to the BoO to respect those points every time you switch?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

What skills/spec do you guys run with that all red build?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

The mortar definitely damages them but I think the damage is split between their armor plates or something, so it takes a lot of shots. It does stagger them pretty reliably though so if you leave them to last you can whittle them down. Using the grenade launcher or an LMG (especially the with Sadist, since the mortar applies bleed) while you pound them with mortars speeds things up some.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I can't quite find a straight answer on this anywhere, so maybe someone here knows:

When people say they're building to hit the 60% crit chance cap, are they including stuff like Coyote Mask,or gun talents like Killer that grant crit chance? Or are they really sitting at like 40-45% crit and relying on those buffs to hit the cap? I guess the other possibility is that the 60% cap is only for crit chance from gear, and you can actually get higher with talents active?

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Mar 19, 2020

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

So then it probably makes more sense to shoot for 40-50% and use those minor attribute slots for crit damage or defensive stats, yeah?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Kibayasu posted:

Killer grants critical damage, not chance, and most weapon talents only give damage as well.

Yeah I think I was thinking of Vindictive. Either way, thanks for the answers. Good to know I can look out for a little more CHD or blue stats from here on out.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

There's also sub ranks to the mission time trials. So you'll see people talking about doing a sub-16 minute DCD center but that's actually only the final, most difficult stage for that challenge. There are 10 stages with tiers at a bunch of different par times. I tried Potomac Event Center solo and still got awarded 8 out of the 10 stages even though I missed the part time by like 3 minutes.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Is there a site similar to Icy Veins for this game? I played at launch and when WONY dropped, then took a long break. Every time I come back they've added a bunch of cool poo poo and fixed a lot of issues, but it feels impossible to get caught up on what the current meta is, what's been nerfed, which new exotics are worth chasing, etc.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Well, when I logged back in I had a a Pestilence/True Patriot build and a Mortar Turret/Hard Wired build that both still seem viable on Challenging difficulty. I also had an all red build with Bakers Dozen that is not as effective as I remember it being, but in fairness it was always really squishy and I might just be rusty.

Anyway, I've read that Pestilence/TP ate various nerfs and falls off in effectiveness at some point, but I like LMGs and status effect builds. I don't have all the pieces of Negotiator's Dilemma, but it looks like fun. Is there a good LMG to pair with that? Any named yellow or exotic armor worth looking out for to use alongside it?

Also, it seems like Hard Wired has fallen out of favor? I love a good skill build and putting one together with yellow gear seems pretty straightforward, but I'm wondering what skills people tend to use these days.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Some good advice in the last couple posts, thanks!

Slapped together an empress/hana/wyvern skill build and ran enough summit to get Capacitor. I was messing with striker drone/sniper turret and it's a ton of fun to chase someone out of cover with the drone and then slam them in the face for 5mil damage with the turret.

I also got the BTSU gloves out of an exotic cache - are they worth building around now that they changed it to be hive specific?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

What's the fastest way to rack up season ranks to get the s4 exotics, anyway? Just run summit with a bunch of directives on for bonus xp?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Not gonna lie, I would play the poo poo out of a game that was essentially just a star wars reskin of the division.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I always thought Republic Commando should have gotten a sequel, so...

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

Should I be pivoting my skill build from HW to that Rigged set and start using Empress gear? Also player count seems to be pretty thin for matchmaking on hard or challenging, at least for missions and stuff. Haven't checked on how it is with summit but it's probably almost as sparse.

I asked the same question a page or two back and someone advised me to go 3x Empress, 2x Hana-U, 1x Wyvern + striker drone/assault turret and it's worked out great. Pretty capable of running heroic difficulty right out the gate. I changed one piece of gear to blue for a little extra armor since Tactician gives you that free +1 skill tier, and once I got Capacitor, I stuck crit chance mods in my gear mod slots to boost my gun damage a bit.

Once you have that loadout set up it's pretty easy to farm whatever you want for other builds.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

They feel fairly interchange to me, but I like that the weapon damage buff from Capacitor is passive, in addition to being larger. If someone breaks through my line of robo friends, I don't have time to proc a buff or build stacks.

Relatedly, I got a really well-rolled sawed off shotgun with in sync the other day, which is a pretty fun sidearm for this build.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Last night I got an M870 Express with:

Max Shotgun Damage
Max Damage to Armor
Max Swap Speed
Preservation

For some reason, I don't have the option to roll Pummel onto the talent slot for some reason so I'm assuming that move here is to roll the swap speed to damage to out of cover? Or is there another talent that would be worthwhile here?

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jan 21, 2021

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I'll double check next time I'm on but I'm 99% sure i have it in there.

Also don't start writing a post and then come back ten minutes later to finish it, kids!

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Yeah now that I have Scorpio, I'm not sure I'd ever have much reason to main this, so maybe it make sense to treat it as a backup for popping rushers and/or getting some quick armor?

Also it turns out I didn't have Pummel in my library.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Yeah I'm running it with Hunter's Fury + a Grupo chest with Intimidate + the named backpack with Perfect Adrenaline rush + Striker shield and it's fun as hell. I ran DARPA with some buddies last night for one of the manhunts, and it ruled to be able to just get up in the rogue agents' faces.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

It feels like my Fast Hands vector hits harder with that same build, but Scorpio has a good fire rate and gives you crowd control on whatever you're shooting because it applies disorient after 3 hits and shock after 6. You can basically stunlock beefier enemies, and after 7 hits they take 20% damage from all sources.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

skaianDestiny posted:

EDIT: In terms of HF with an SMG, Chatterbox feels like the best since you really don't want to waste time reloading and you're usually close enough to get a great fire rate buff. Only weaknesses are the chunguses and dogs.

Guess I should finally get around to grabbing the components to craft a level 40 chatterbox. But yeah, that's why I ended up going with Fast Hands on the vector. The reload speed from the buff + the stagger from the HF set makes it mostly a non-issue.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/l253xb/leak_the_division_2_x_resident_evil_25th/

I guess this means we were gonna fight some zombies before they had to scrap their original plan and just do an apparel event? Huge bummer.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

skaianDestiny posted:

EDIT: In terms of HF with an SMG, Chatterbox feels like the best since you really don't want to waste time reloading and you're usually close enough to get a great fire rate buff. Only weaknesses are the chunguses and dogs.

Guillermus posted:

Chatterbox with HF can be so fun but yes, big spongy enemies are Chatterbox's weak point so you can just switch to a 870/Scorpio/SIX12 and get them down. I love to get in front of a monster closet with the Chatterbox and just never reload (well, I do once before they get out so I get max RoF).

Yeah this was good advice. Gathered up the chatterbox parts against and god drat this is fun. Got a real dilemma about whether to run this or scorpio in my Hunter's Fury setup now.

As far as secondary weapon, I'm getting a lot of mileage out of running Baker's Dozen. With 5/1 red/blue, it hits plenty hard and gives you a solid ranged option when you encounter an enemy you can't facetank or you're pinned down by turrets or something. Works well enough as a shotgun in a pinch too.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

+1 for Fast Hands Vector. It effectively erases the downside from the smaller mag so you have maximum BRRT uptime.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Finally got Ridgeway's Pride, so I popped it + Anarchist's Cookbook into my Hunters Fury build and recalibrated Sadist onto the first decent SMG I could find and...

It absolutely melts heroic elites, even with the group scaling. I only have like 80% CHD in this getup, too. Can't imagine how hard it'll hit once I get some better rolls.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

UnknownMercenary posted:

If you can swing it, I would replace the Anarchist's Cookbook with a regular high end backpack (Grupo would be your best bet for more CHD) with Wicked. Perfectly Wicked only gives a duration bonus; having an appropriate brand bonus that gives you more damage does more for you.

Ooh good point, thanks. Gonna have to try that out.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

With firestarter you can double tap the button after launching it to detonate the cloud instead of switching guns and shooting it.

There's still a slight delay and quicker enemies will still be able to roll away if they're at the edge of the blast radius, but it helps.

Also striker drone/assault turret build is insanely strong right now. Get 3x Empress, 2x Hana-U, 1x Wyvern Wear with pretty much whatever skill damage talents you want on backpack/chest, and either Capacitor or an AR the with In Sync talent. Skill Damage/Skill Haste on everything. Very easy to put together in a session or two of Summit and you'll pretty much be ready to tackle heroics right away.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 30, 2021

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

How exactly do you get Ridgeway's Pride?

Ubisoft's support says you have to do this: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-AU/Article/000079855/Unlocking-Ridgeways-Pride-projects-in-The-Division-2

That unlocks the project then you just do whatever the project says?

The project requires you to donate a gun with sadist, a Zero Fs vest, and an exotic component, fyi, so it's a good idea to save those if you get them ahead of time. You get the vest back when you finish the project though.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I got some good Empress parts and Wyvern but Hana-U will have to wait until hopefully tomorrow because I ain't doing Tidal Basin.

More of a general question but is there a more reliable way to dealing with heavies aside from just throwing a few hundred bullets their way.

Don't forget that you can choose your targeted loot in summit. Open the map and hit up to bring up a menu that lets you set any brand, weapon type, or gear slot as your targeted loot. You can change it on the fly too.

As for heavies, most have a weakpoint, like the backpack and bullet belt on the minigunner guys or the gas tanks on the flamethrower guys. Hitting that usually staggers them for a couple seconds and, in some cases, disables their weapons. Otherwise, you want to focus on one body part to break the armor there and start doing health damage.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I don't think you get overcharge just from having 7 skill tiers though. You need to proc it with something like Future Perfect or the Acosta's Go Bag talent. That's my understanding, anyway. If that's right, then yeah, having 6 Skill Tiers + tactician is a waste and you may as well switch a core to blue or red.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I've been running riot foam on my hunters fury build a lot lately. I find it incredibly useful for buying myself time to reposition if I get in trouble, or locking down beefier enemies so I can wail on them without them shooting back. Pump 7 scorpio shots into a big chungus or rogue agent for the damage buff, foam em up while they're still shocked, then switch to the SMG and hose them down. If they're somehow still standing at that point, I've got my shield. It's also nice for keeping enemies grouped up so they stay in range of the disorient from the Hunters Fury 4-piece bonus.

Hard to go wrong with jammer pulse though, like Morter said. You won't always need it depending on what faction you're fighting, but when it comes in handy it comes in really handy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

UnknownMercenary posted:

Yeah if you want loot, Summit isn't a good source of it.

Really? I feel like I get tons of targeted loot drops in summit, assuming I'm in a group. I've had very good luck matchmaking for it and getting good groups on challenging and heroic too. Solo is really slow though.