Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Kibayasu posted:

4 piece Negotiators Dilemma with 1 Fenris and 1 Ceska in the chest/backpack. Get as close to 60% chance as you can and put the rest into critical damage. Chest talent should be Focus if you can stand using the sniper scopes all the time or Obliterate if you can’t. I believe the damage you do on marked targets counts as critical hits so the weapon talent should be Killer. Can also substitute the ND chest or backpack for one or two of the 4 pieces and put the Fenris/Ceska elsewhere but you won’t do quite as much damage but will spread the damage out more.

Thanks for this. Got a version of this together (using a Grupo Obliterate chest + Fenris Unstoppable Force backpack instead) with two of the Negotiators pieces rolled to blue and it's fun as hell. Got a god rolled Famas for it too.

Might try to swap in the backpack for the buff to linked damage and run Coyote mask or a fenris piece somewhere else. See how that feels. Seems like it would be better in groups where your killing blows can get ganked.

Does armor on kill proc off of the linked targets if they die? It's kinda hard to keep track well enough mid fight for me to tell.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Feb 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

That's how I set it up initially, but it felt too squishy to me on heroic. I've been using various shotgun/smg builds with shields so I feel like I have a pretty good handle on how to keep the shield from getting immediately blown up, but I dunno. At tier 0, it was getting melted before I could mark targets and get damage in, and if I tried to just shoot from behind cover then I'd get melted too. The 30% extra weapon damage would be nice, but otoh having to hide behind cover to pop a medkit or regen my shield more often is a big DPS hit too. I farmed up separate NG pieces to reroll to armor though, so I can always go back and give it another shot.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 4, 2021

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

^Thanks!

Shumagorath posted:

How close are you to max CHC / CHD? Sorry if you posted that earlier, but if you're not approaching 60% / 85-100% you might have some trouble on Heroic and might actually get better item output vs time in on Challenging.

I'm at 60% CHC and (iirc) 120-125% CHD.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Feb 4, 2021

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Has anyone put any builds together specifically for the reanimated event?

The Negotiators dilemma ar build being discussed earlier is pretty good for creating lots of re-animated quickly so you can burn/headshot/grenade/whatever them for challenges.

Running a pump shotgun and going for headshots is also incredibly satisfying with this event.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Psion posted:

just to add on to this, don't sleep on putting one red core in your skill build if you use capacitor. Technician spec gives you the 6th skill tier and your gun is now solidly usable. It's the most gun damage I've ever seen on a skill build, and Capacitor amps up your skills while you use it? Super great.

I bring this up solely because I've spent the last two days looking for a better skill haste/skill damage empress piece to optimize and have struck out from a whole lotta CP4s. argh loot gamesssssss

I do this, and I also put CHC mods in my armor slots on my turret/drone build since skill haste isn't super important there anyway. It's really nice not being limited to a pea shooter on a SHD wizard build for once.

Anyway I took the advice to switch my ND build to all reds and yeah, you all were right. Who needs defense when everything is dead?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

The flamethrower is also pretty decent emergency CC, which is more than you can really say for most of the other specialization weapons.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I'll have you know, I got 3 rocket kills in our heroic cp runs yesterday.

It doesn't count if you ran out of ammo on all your other guns after the third convoy rolled through.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

How's the first raid these days, now that everyone is level 40? There any particular builds you need or is it just standard red crit M1/AR builds?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Ygolonac posted:

Hunter's Laptop

Didn't know Rudy Giuliani was a goon.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Lib and let die posted:

Sometimes I think I'm the only person that enjoys the PvE part of these games :/

I don't really enjoy the pvp in these games at all and I'm glad it's even more optional in this game than it was in the first one. Keep the gankers out of my chill extrajudicial murderer simulator please, TYIA.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

jabro posted:

Is there any way to redo Lau's Camp White Oak mission without resetting and doing everything over? I missed the Langley files and want to get them.

Edit: I’m dumb. Just go do the mission. It restarts. For some reason I thought it went back to the normal mission after you clear the manhunt.

I haven't gotten to Lau yet but for the other manhunts, you can go into mission options and then switch mission mode to toggle between the normal and manhunt version.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think ultimately the game’s biggest fault is the re-use of mission locations. You go through the missions once for the story. Cool. Then oh no BTSU has invaded you have to re-do the exact same mission maps but with different enemies now. Ok. And now for 4 seasons we’ve had manhunts that... also make us do the exact same missions.... to get a bounty which is probably in a mission location... to hunt the actual manhunt target... which is you guessed it in a mission location but with different enemies. And while the bosses may be in different sections... you go through the maps the exact same way.

Even bounties are sometimes in mission areas. There’s so many buildings and open areas in both the DC and NY maps they could have fleshed out with each season/update but just... didn’t. Even the mission maps could have been handled differently as far as routes/pathing goes.

The most fun I continually get of the game is clearing control points and doing open world poo poo where various activities can and often overlap since it’s the most dynamic the game gets to be.

Hell, you could even go the Destiny route and just have players occasionally go through the mission areas backwards.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

To be fair, late stage Div 2 > late stage Div 1, except for the absence of Survival.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Psion posted:

Does it though? 100k ticks sound cool except an eclipse fire build can do over 400k per tick and can also put Vile on top for another 50-60k or so if you feel like it, and has a lot more flexibility and the CDs aren't anywhere close to 40s so there's definitely some misrepresentation going on.

He said it was a cc/support build, people started getting on his rear end about damage numbers, so he posted a video with the damage numbers, and then everybody got on his rear end about how the numbers would be higher with a different build not focused on CC, so I dunno. I've gotten some very helpful advice in here but it's not the first time some of the tier one operators ITT have rushed into a weird pile-on because someone posted a build they didn't like.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

In sync is amazing if you can consistently proc it with the skills you have equipped.

Pro tip that I did not realize initially: pulling out your shield procs In Sync.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

hamsystem posted:

Question from a newish (I played a ton of D1) player: Is the mortar turret viable in high level play because god drat do I love it.

When I picked this back up like a month ago, my old Hard Wired mortar turret build was still entirely capable of doing challenging and probably would have been fine on heroic with a little optimization/switching out Hard Wired for some china light/wyvern/empress/whatever pieces.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

The thing that bugs me the most in NY is Rhodes' totally authentic and real accent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW21lp833Vo&t=23s

I feel like he dialed the aayyyy New Yaaawwk up 150% from Division 1.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

lmao

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Syrinxx posted:

Is there a guide for what to do once you hit level 40 for lovely babbys

Decide what kind of build you want to put together and then do whatever activities have the stuff you need as targeted loot that day. Also doing stuff on the highest difficulty you comfortably can, with as many directives as you can, because it levels your watch faster and improves the quality of the stat rolls on your gear.

It's been mentioned a million times, but a great starter build is 3x Empress, 2x Hana-U, 1x Wyvern Wear with an In Sync weapon (or the Test Subject AR, which has Perfect In Sync), running technician specialization and the attack drone/assault turret for skills. Skill damage on everything. Even without really optimized gear, this will basically slingshot you to Heroic difficulty. You can also run summit on whatever difficulty to knock out some easy challenges to get the Capacitor AR, which is a great exotic for skill builds.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

There's no real build repository that is current like some other games have. Best thing to do other than asking here is go to the division subreddit and search "(whatever skill/exotic/set you wanna build around) build" and sort by most recent. There's also somebody there who posts the targeted loot map every day. Otherwise, you can see it in game by hitting up on the dpad while you're on the world map.

I don't think any of the exotics have specific drop locations anymore, aside from craftable and raid exotics.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Yep! Not sure if there's a small chance to get exotics off of regular mooks but they definitely drop off of bosses, caches and rogues in summit.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

You can farm summit bosses if you want to. Get to a boss floor (they're every 10 floors) kill the boss, let his minions kill you (fast traveling to the lobby might work too), repeat.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I mean that's cool and all but you could be running Eclipse like a big boy.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Orange Carlisle posted:

Is it sad that I wish they'd release another season track just so that I'd have something to make the numbers go up on while I play

Some real monkey's paw poo poo right here lmao

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Yeah, even at skill tier 0, the jammer pulse is incredibly helpful against BT.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I hope they rip Keener's dialogue straight from the games.

"Hey agent! You're a real piece of poo poo!"

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Yeah I mean that's a thing in every vaguely military-related video game. You have part of the community that wants MAXIMUM TACTICAL AUTHENTICITY, believes anything even slightly goofy is "fortnite poo poo," and feels that having to see people wearing pink or whatever ruins their immersion.

Then you have the people who want to run around in a rain coat, scuba mask and flip flops, whose desire to do so may or may not be heavily based on the knowledge that it makes the former group angry.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Ygolonac posted:

I've went ahead and gone full Lemmy, myself. Biker pants and top, aviators and I forget which boots, with a police cap because none of the available cowboy hats really do it for me.

Good to know I'm not the only one.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

It's hilarious that they looked at Xur from Destiny and went "how do we make this even worse?"

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Ygolonac posted:

Rogue Agents ...and appear in pairs - maybe more, if you're grouped?

Rogue Agents spawns are always your squad size + 1. So get two if you're solo, three if you have one squadmate, etc up to five figure agents if you're in a full squad of four.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Hot take: if every tree has an identical damage bonus that can be applied to any gun, they should get rid of that part of the spec tree and just boost base gun damage by that amount across the board. It's dumb that you need to go to the BOO and switch the tree up if you use one specialization for multiple loadouts that involve more than 3 weapon types.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Don't you know you're supposed to use eclipse burn build on the dogs?