Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

whats warlock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hollandia posted:

Not much, what's warlock with you?

it's cruelty and you cannot refine it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Frustrated posted:

I haven't played since late last march. Is technician bad or am I just bad? The gimmick of keeping a skill out permanently is cool, but going skill power seems to have neutered me entirely. I guess +94% damage to the drone isn't enough for world tier 5?

have you tried seeker mines

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lagidnam posted:

So the expansion is live on consoles even though it was supposed to be a day later. PC on the other hand where it should work is dead because the servers poo poo themselves. Those who actually managed to get in have a progression bug and can't progress in the story.

This is actually worse then the launch last year, how is that possible?

through Ubisoft the most baffling poo poo is possible

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

smellmycheese posted:

Can report from PS4 that it’s pretty loving cool right off the bat.

good to hear wony playstation is good

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

jabro posted:

Division 101

Need to get higher but no possible way to do it? Look for rope to shoot down.

Need to open a door? Look for a yellow electrical panel.

If these don't work, look for a cable on the ground.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

H2SO4 posted:

Note to self: Coney Island, while indeed in NYC, is not part of the expansion.

Was real confused when the map was real tiny and it had a "return to DC" option.

So if I join the game of somebody who's in NYC but I haven't gone there yet in my game, does that also lock my personal game to NYC until I hit 40? I assume that's the case but wanna verify since I have a couple friends that don't have it yet.

I think it locks you in until you finish the NYC storyline which presumably gets you to 40 en route.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

bamhand posted:

New to the game, don't have the expansion. I ran out of ammo trying to blow up a chemical tank for Kenley college. Is that how it was before or is this also a new change?

I think that might have a nearby minigun to speed it up, but it's been a while and I could be confusing it with some other destroyable tank since there's a few.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The boss fight against three named ones sucks so hard. It was so hard to actually flank them, even with my drone doing most of the work.

the ones with shields?

...........did you, ah, try the miniguns ISAC wouldn't shut up about?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Replace Manny with Ryan Reynolds.

I like that they cheaped out on bounties in NY by having Manny tell you you did a good job finishing one instead of Rhodes/Benitez/Kelso. He's still back in DC!

I just finished the story missions and haven't gotten around do doing any of the events, do you get to reset propaganda speakers to blare Rick Velassi at people?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The Locator posted:

Yes to the missions, but no to Rick Velassi, at least not yet. So far it's just the Haven guy telling people not to start poo poo in his area.

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Rick's show is the only stable thing in NYC, years later and he's still at the mic breaking brains, they should have him running a settlement at this point

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Is it already years? I thought we were in the summer after? Like July/August ish.

I meant real time, sort of as a joke because otherwise it wouldn't be as funny. I also haven't heard much of ol' Rick due to focusing on the story missions but does he say anything about the fact that it isn't winter anymore? I remember hearing him say something like "winter shouldn't last this long, something is hosed" in D1

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Roman posted:

that was just the company line. their promo stuff included a press release from the Mexican government talking about how they had to close the border off to dangerous American refugees until they could figure out what's going on

Also the recording about "president waller" blaming russia and dying of a heart attack

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Digital Osmosis posted:

There's like, one and a half lines about this per game but I'd love them to lean into the whole "wait, aren't we just doing what ISAC tells us to do?" thing. At some point in WONY the radio was like "get rid of this thing!" and then ISAC immediately chirped in "fuel line found" and marked the shiny on my map, and then when I turned it and destroyed the thing Kelso was like "Quick thinking, Agent!"

That wasn't me, Kelso. There is no me. There is only an avatar of ISAC.

wasn't there a movie about this in like the mid 2000s, it had some youngster actor of the time, James Franco or Shia Lebouf, there was like an AI orchestrating some terrorist attack etc

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Shia and it’s Eagle Eye.

Thanks, it was a generic technothriller and I'd all but forgotten about it lol

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Snuffman posted:

GameDev theory-crafting incoming (probably wrong)...

Ubisoft strikes me as a publisher that does not like to leave anything on the cutting room floor. If something can be salvaged for DLC or a sequel, it'll be used.

NYC in Warlords just feels so much more...detailed and finished than DC (Maybe NYC is just more interesting than DC?). If I had to bet, I'd say they were well into an NYC expansion for Div1 when a survey came back that said the playerbase wanted a different city (I remember this survey, I voted more NYC) so they quickly* assembled DC and whipped it up as a sequel.

While I'm happy to be back in NYC, I agree story wise its a lame cop out and I think they should have just expanded the DC map more. Who knows...maybe they'll expand the NYC map more? I've seen a few suspicious spots where it looks like it could be easily expanded but then again I was a "Central Park" believer for Div1 :911:.

I'm nowhere near done the story, but I suspect we don't get anywhere near the Freedom Tower (or whatever its called.).

I think there's a bit of real world design and planning that make NYC more interesting. For instance, the building height restrictions in DC make for a very open/empty feel - compare that to the slot-canyon feel of huge swaths of NYC. That vertical space can be and is used greatly in a lot of practical and visual ways, buildings covered in slowly fluttering tarps, others with patchworks of broken windows and boards and scaffolding etc.

That all said, there's a ground level visual density in the new NYC areas that wasn't there in lots of DC nor in D1's NYC. The part that got flooded by a hurricane and is now a bunch of mud, tide pools, and soft grassy sand dunes with a dusting of flowers, the alleys and avenues chock full of trash bags and fallen scaffolds, all the cratering streets due to collapsing subways and Nancy, all of that sort of wraps around you visually and draws you into the scene whereas previously your visual details were doing main duty as cover because they were stuff like barricades and cars. There's still plenty of those but now there's all this wreckage of society strewn about and it looks lived/died in.

I get why they wanted to put the story in DC but hoo boy the actual layout and design of that city beyond the monuments and government buildings is straight up boring compared to any of the large metros along either coast. Plazas, parks, waterways, there's way more blank space around and you can't really just clog it up with boats and cars and trash but what else are you supposed to do with the ellipse or the reflecting pond? That all compounds on itself to come off repetitive and generic as you play through it. Streets full of row houses blurring together and then at the end of them there's a few retail bays and then a mission building. Rinse, repeat.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

beats for junkies posted:

I'm not quite 40 yet (just got to 38 from the Dragov mission for the sticky bomb), but I've got a few little complaints. They're probably mostly just annoying to me, personally. First, why does the button to mark a spot on the map also switch tabs on the map? And why is map navigation seemingly the one category that they don't let you rebind anything on? Hold-to-activate is still annoying, especially when it completes the action before the bar even fills - why not just make the action a single click? Or, here's a novel idea: if the key you want to use for an action is already being used for something else, then USE. OTHER. KEYS. Those are mostly all release-day complaints from the first game, though. As for a new one: why does the hive (haven't tried other skills yet) not give back half the charges if you cancel it early anymore? Finally, I'm torn between annoyance and respect for the top-tier troll: why did they add "pet the dog!" for New York, give an entire animal shelter safehouse (full of good dogs sitting there waiting for pets), and then not let you interact in any way with any of them?

I'm still enjoying the game, despite those annoyances. New York feels almost like it did in the first game, and very different from DC, which is good. With some of the Keener audiologs (the "Mark and Sarah" ones mostly), you'd think they were trying to reform him into being something other than an unrepentant sociopath bastard, but that's crazy talk.

you can interact with nearly every dog in the game, you just can only pet one.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

gat dam I want to know that raid guy's build, it looks fun as all hell

E: fiiiiine I guess I'll check the commennnnntssssss

https://youtu.be/t0EGcYE9hKU

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 11, 2020

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I used technician and lobbed emp grenades at him to gently caress with skills/heals and softened him up a lot with the missile launcher.

I died a few times before it dawned on me to try the grenades though!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Jose Oquendo posted:

They're fixing the issue with NPCs not dropping crafting mats. yay.

Yay I need the rest of my hardwired poo poo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol the sniper turret at tier 6 is some great poo poo.

I just hang out behind cover and hit E

I have clusters on Q in case they rush me but I might swap that to the hive

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Jose Oquendo posted:

Get the Acosta bag and a gun with spike for even more fun.

Oh I have that big ol thing, currently wearing it. I don't remember whether I have spike in the library but I'll give it a whirl

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

If you get downed please don't curl up on cover, it means I can't take cover there to safely revive your incredibly frustratingly stupid rear end. Just crawl back a little bit so I can hunker down and help you.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

HiriseSoftware posted:

Fixes I'd like to see:

* Rolling out of cover snaps me either back to that cover or to some other nearby cover. That really helps against rushers.
* Why are some gates at Potomac Event Center opening towards us now?
* In a brightly lit area (or in an Outcast mission which is nothing but yellow) it's hard to see what polarity you are. A better indicator besides the tiny icon or your arm would be helpful.

If you're pointing at cover when you roll, hold the cover button after double tapping for the roll and you'll roll into cover or continue toward it.

Also if you're moving cover to cover and they throw fire at it or what have you making that spot inhospitable, you can release the space key to pull out of the move, and then hold it back down again pointing at new cover to divert to that.

It's early and coffee isn't done yet so english ain't even my first language right now, sorry if that's largely incomprehensible

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

anime tupac posted:

My friend was a big Rick Valassi fan and he was super pissed that when he got back to NYC Rick had a broadcast that was like: "Hey, I'm Rick Valassi and I'm gonna tell you everything going on! Anyway, here's some music." and then cut to music

Sometimes the radio clips in DC throw the wrong bookends together and it's like "hope you all enjoyed that music, anyway, here's some music" instead of month 18 of "they're going to the white house, we didn't always see eye to eye but we'll miss them"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Morter posted:

This set is exactly what I want. I hope it's not tied behind a raid.

i'm so fuckin hype :flashfap:

Oh my god yes YEEESSSSSSS

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Kibayasu posted:

We technically don’t know 100% for sure yet but I would be very surprised if it wasn’t red.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was all yellow because it's about time for another horrible decision

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I wish I had gear that wasn't like some hand-me-down piecemeal hardwired/acosta's setup for technician. I took so long of a break I'd never farmed all the recalibration max rolls and talents so I'm just cruising around picking up poo poo that either has a new talent or an improvement on a stat.

On the other hand, throwing that goddamn hive into a crowd of baddies never gets old lol

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Summit mode is good, the pacing feels more refined compared to underground from D1 - the enemies seem to be less of a horde per section and more like you're running into a few smaller (like 10-15 enemies per team) teams per floor so you're getting into more compact fights as opposed to a long slog.

On the other hand, I've only played up to the 30th floor before needing to log in for work but I'm liking it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Why is my paragon level watch thing stuck with a notification

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I did all the steps and killed the manhunt lady and haven't gotten any weird video error, but I did:

have the invasion intro play once immediately after starting the game after the update,

had the blueprint seller lady in the WH get obscured by the season rewards menu until I restarted the game,

I have the paragon watch bugged out,

I've had one of the manhunt control points glitch up and just not flip to captured until I fast traveled out and came back

also all the loot drops suck

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bleusilences posted:

What difficulty you are playing in? You need to play heroic to have some good loot.

that joke was story mode difficulty and it's still 50 floors over your head

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fabricated posted:

I was having horrendous lag all night. Riot Foam nades were not registering hits or literally disappearing in midair. I pubbed Summit for a bit and dropped because I was having a bug where I couldn't shoot or use any skills and the animations were all screwed up.

No those are the "ammo hoarder" and "cool skills" directives, it isn't a bug

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

love to live in a high rise just above a floor full of heavy machinery

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

survival but you're just wandering around in summertime developing creeping anemia from all the goddamn mosquito bites

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

monkeytennis posted:

Is it? I thought it would be longer than that. Thanks for clarifying.

Honestly Div2's maps in both DC and NY seem smaller than Div1. Like you click on a point to light up the little pathfinding thing and you think "poo poo that's a long haul better fast travel to the safe house only 700m from it" because in Div1 maybe a similar route on screen was 1.4 km or whatever but instead it's like 500m and you're fast traveling to a safe house that's 75m from it. Sometimes you end up spending more time dealing with the convoluted exits to some of these safe houses and settlements than you save in travel time

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ok this exposure event is WAAAAAAYYYYYY easier solo holy gently caress

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Jose Oquendo posted:

I was having a hard time with but as it turns out it's also very buggy, at least on PS4. Sometimes I don't get any notification that the exposure transferred and/or I don't get the icon above an enemy's head indicating he's exposed.

I turned on the tracking for it and went after the melee and elites parts first, it'll give you a chirp when the exposure is full and if it takes, they'll get staggered for a second. The ISAC callouts are real spotty but the underlying mechanism seems to be working as intended. It's just that it can look like you've got full exposure and it'll be just short of it. If you're playing in a group it gets real weird because I guess they're killing the enemy before you can proc the melee transfer or something. Turn the difficulty down to Hard and run Wall Street, then just bust out some kind of shield build and get real close.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Skill Tier granted from gear/talents maxes at 6 but can go into "overcharge" as a buff by stuff like future perfect (a weapon talent) or the Acosta Go Bag (an exotic backpack) talent. It cannot be a thing where you're permanently overcharged by stacking +skill tier stuff iirc so once you're at 6 any more +skill level will be pointless but you absolutely want to hit 6 as a priority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Psion posted:

I'm sure I'll matchmake into a 9 directive game and then leave it immediately, but having that much control over my loot targeting makes summit significantly more interesting, I'm for it.

I do hope they up enemy count though, it feels just a little too quiet most floors. Maybe in 4p it's reasonable, but 1-2 I always felt like I could stand to fight another couple elites per encounter.

In 4p the floor layout/encounter type really makes the difference, sometimes the path through the objectives is pretty linear and you're mostly facing the same general direction the whole time, and others you're having to hold a SHD toybox or put down one of those zapper things with 4 spawn doors facing it and little useful cover inside the cap area. It certainly feels like you're dealing with more assholes in the latter but I've never counted.