Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

First Wave Page Kreeeew.

Where's that loving SOTG recap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Kibayasu posted:

Free fast travel and restock though!

Just imagining agents scrounging through the rubble for restock boxes.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Infinity Gaia posted:

So I basically got the base game on release, played to the end of the campaign and did a little bit of world tier stuff then quit because I was getting annoyed at a lot of issues like how skill mods required completely absurd amounts of skill power to use and how they made my good old friend Pulse a lot worse. I bet they never made Pulse better, but did they at least make it so that skill mods don't require fully absolutely maximum specializing into skill power?

You can craft blue and purple tier skill mods.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

basically let everyone go full saints row and be a fat black lady with the voice of robin atkin downes

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

More like Turd Wave Agents

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Counter point: I loved the hell out of Oxidizers as it would completely negate cover, even if for only a few seconds. Unlike the firestarter, it explodes on impact rather than bouncing off (ie: if an enemy was in cover on higher ground). I used it a lot up to level 30, including with +Ammo mods and +radius or +damage, as it would almost always shake enemies from behind cover.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

X13Fen posted:

This was good

Finally unlocked Technician last night (despite having beat the zoo when invaded a month ago, apparently that didn't count for the last step even though the game calls it a stronghold?) and turns out I have 5/6 pieces of an (unoptomised) Hard Wired set. Am I doing it right? I'm assuming I should be running uive/seekers now (my seekers are already modded for +9 clusters +damage)

Unless there are some extra bonuses that i wasn't aware of, you only need four pieces of any set to get the max utility from the gear set

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Roman posted:

this changes next week when you can set everything including open world up to Heroic

after you beat the expansion campaign

edit: I'm getting that vibe due to almost every mention of "global difficulty" being tied to "resetting the map once you clear it".

Morter fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 28, 2020

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Hollandia posted:

Not much, what's warlock with you?

About 3-4 pounds

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

UnknownMercenary posted:

Uplay is weird like that with DLC. IIRC for other games like Assassin's Creed you have to buy the DLC through the same storefront where you originally bought the base game as well.

Just chiming in that this was the case for me for AC: Origins, so this is all sort of typical Uplay

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

ratbert90 posted:

Itís playable solo all the way to tier 5

And through WT5. The game is almost entirely soloable save for raids and PvP stuff

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

https://i.imgur.com/r0tAokh.mp4

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Morter posted:

after you beat the expansion campaign

edit: I'm getting that vibe due to almost every mention of "global difficulty" being tied to "resetting the map once you clear it".

Confirmed from the patch notes:

quote:

Global Difficulty
Players that have finished the Warlords of New York campaign can now choose to select a Global Difficulty. This will affect all gameplay, including Open World activities.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Qmass posted:

what is the point of signature weapons ?

Maybe I am way off but I feel like an AR has done WAY more damage than this supposedly strong, limited ammo weapon that is meant to feel special but feels like isn't worth the time to swap to it.

My preferred weapons are close/medium range.

The survivalist crossbow helps me work on long range stuff, especially against tanky fuckers (BT Dogs)

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Can you carry characters between platforms?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Roman posted:

For anyone on Xbox: Reports say WONY is also working on Xbox in US EST timezone

It ain't working on the PC yet

Nothing but echo errors, even when i go as far as closing the uplay client.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

smellmycheese posted:

I fully expect that having had the player Base moan that the gear systems in D1 and D2 are too complicated for half a decade we will now see non stop complaining that they are too simple/easy

This sounds like the cycle of every ubisoft game. It was most jarring for assassins creed.

AC 1, 2, 2B, 2R, 3, L: All these games are so same-y! You just stab people with your blade!

AC4:

ACU, ACS, ACOr: WHERE ARE THE BOATS?!?!?!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

I'm thankful for the first of the $3rd wave busting the bugs for those who wouldn't be first in line. Will be home in 6-ish hours to join/complain about bugs with the rest of you.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

So, I'm level 35 and NYC is fun so far. I love the tension, but once I beat it, it (and DC) will be more tense with Hard mode and directives.

I gotta say that I'm in AHO and I love being part of a collective but I'll never take another random invite for a co-op mission, even from a clanmate.

Played through a level with another goon and the guy rushes through everything. I try to poke around for loot, collectibles, even the occasionally visible secret.

They kept pushing ahead though 'cause they were in a rush. Which sorta bummed me out.

Thankfully, the two times they said "brb kids", I found secrets with good loot chests both times. So to them.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Are there Control Points (or an equivalent) in NY? Wondering if I have to grind the rest of 'em out in DC for ones I haven't gotten yet, or if I can get them all in NY.

Yes.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

😬

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Kesper North posted:

I live smack dab in the middle of a Seattle neighborhood the New York Times recently called "the center of an epidemic of illness and fear", so naturally this game drops now and I am playing it.

Consider it training.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Is anyone else having trouble retaining Directives? Twice I activated 3 directives--because it seemed like it didn't 'take' the first time, but today I turn the game on and only the difficulty I changed it to (Hard) stayed on.

Just now I set 3 directives, had the map reset, and saw that my directives were there. I logged out, then logged back in, then they were gone. Is this by design?

Edit: I also tested to make sure it's not just a display bug: I turned on Ammo Hoarders which is supposed to make you lose all ammo in a mag when you reload. I'd step outside and shoot two shots, reload, and I only lose 1-2 rounds.

Morter fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Mar 5, 2020

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Peechka posted:

Innocents is subjective. In a post apocalypse situation like this its factions of people all out for survival, right? So all other factions are enemies unless a truce is bargained for. Either they kill you and steal your resources, or you kill them and get their poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTfakxJi0Jw

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

What's the easiest way to get the raid over with so i can unlock crafting for the 3 gearset pieces? I have no interest in it as a challenge/epic long battle thingy.

Should I just look for a group to carry me or is there something that needs less coordination that i can do?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Why does the Ammo Hoarders directive apply to shotguns with magazine tubes.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

A Sometimes Food posted:

Why does this take so long to load even on a ssd.

Right? Waited 3 minutes to be told it's offline.

Have the load times always been like this or have they gotten worse? I don't remember them being this bad at launch.

I hate to humblebrag but since my recent compy upgrade, including:

• Ryzen 5 3600X @ 3.8 GHz
  • 32 GB RAM
  • Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2

It takes literally less than a minute from pressing [Play] on the Uplay client to actually getting in-game.

Before that, on a much more lower-middle tier rig, it would take about 3 minutes.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Nothing gimmicky i just liked this moment.

https://i.imgur.com/JfNfUzS.mp4

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Deakul posted:

Suport are troupes.

F

Morter fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 7, 2020

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Digital Osmosis posted:

Speaking of named guns, I found an AR called "Honey Badger." It seems like it should be a named weapon but isn't marked as such, doesn't have a perfect talent, doesn't have a god-rolled and/or otherwise impossible for the type stat. It just seems to be a normal AR with a strange name, as if it could have been a FAMAS or whatever. My best guess is it's supposed to be a named AR with some kind of perfect Sadist talent (which is the talent mine has) but they hosed up the implementation. Anyone know what's up with that?

My other theory is that if I equip it and the "Zero Fs" chest armor I'll get an achievement or something

Sorry to disappoint...

quote:

The AAC Honey Badger PDW is an integrally suppressed personal defence weapon based on the AR-15. It is chambered in .300 AAC Blackout and produced by Advanced Armament Corporation (AAC), a subsidiary of Remington Outdoor Company. The weapon is named after the honey badger.

It's just a weapon.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

https://i.imgur.com/hBchhjG.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/acXrrJH.mp4

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Honestly the TTK is one of the very few things they have to fix for me to have 100% fun with this expansion. I love it a lot, especially the new area and new loot, but the sponginess and 'not giving a gently caress' AI really takes me out of it when decently punching gear is not even having reds or purples flinch on Global Hard.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

The decoy sounds useful...

It'll be nerfed.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Decided to do a little solo session before calling it a night so I went to the boathouse CP then checked for the named spawn immediately south of it. Got a Lady Death from it.

i'm so mad. I want that gun.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

So unlike the experts above, I got my rear end handed to me on a normal bounty (on Global Hard) because the medics and the several lieutenants/health boosters congregated in one area that I myself couldn't penetrate: they all bundled into the same area with enemies out flanking me so I couldn't easily do a frontal assault. At one point, they even revived the bounty target, who I had obviously already killed. This ended up in a weird thing where I died, revived, and then got a "failed" sound while getting a Bounty Completed pop up (at the end of the video).

I think they're gonna have to fix that--likely by making the bounty target un-revivable or something?

And for the record, the bounty IS marked as complete. I did get specialization points for it too, just no beating-the-mission loot rewards.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Estel posted:

With how much damage mobs do now if you are flanked you are already dead. Never get flanked, if you have to fall back to prevent it do it.

Not for lack of trying, my dude. They were in an open area and had gathered at the spawn point which had high ground and support station RIGHT ON IT. There were always like 6 people there, 2 of which were lieutenants and one of which kept throwing drones at me. I had gone around back to try and stem the tide and take out people at the farther end but people followed me there and I did keep getting flanked. That's why I tried bum-rushing that point. These were black tusk people, even on Normal (Global Hard might've boosted it), they were brutal.

Edit: Also why does every other NY bounty seem to have a named bad guy OTHER Than my target?

Edit 2: My next bounty had rogue agents.

Morter fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Mar 9, 2020

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

For all people saying the answer to beating content is to "just use exotics", what's the ideal difficulty/location to play the game and/or farm for them? Because clearly, no one can give advice that doesn't already assume you have All The Gear (but are just incorrectly using it). I imagine people in my position: who are playing a decent amount but are just getting no RNG luck, are sort of stuck playing Normal or struggling through Hard, where loot drops will intrinsically be shittier.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

jabro posted:

Havenít you heard?

Maybe they forgot

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

First post-expansion exotic, and it's one of my favorites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

How many Bounties am I gonna have to do before I get credit for the seasonal Manhunt, jesus christ.

Infinity until it gets fixed. It's a known bug.