Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Arrhythmia posted:

The knee, famously extending from the face.

It is when I'm done with you

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

AlexanderCA posted:

I for one, would not stick my dick up my nose.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Blistex posted:

The amount of poor people trying to vote away their healthcare is astounding. The average American family pre-Obamacare was an ambulance ride away from being destitute, even with insurance.

Or just don't pay duh

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Robo Reagan posted:

yeah seriously dont pay. they pass that stuff off to collections and the only thing collections is good at is getting old people to pay because they still answer calls

youve got a 50/50 of getting sued for every penny vs the 100% chance if you pay the bill

How can they find you if you give a fake name? This is basics, people

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

LabyaMynora posted:

What's with all the lines emanating from his crotch? :chloe:

EDIT: I just noticed the other guy has it too... it's like they have giant puckered anuses on their crotches. It makes no sense.

Well, where do you keep your anus?

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
https://twitter.com/MinWag3MaxRag3/status/1235980561237372928

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

the other countries do not need emergency beds because preventative care is affordable and ubiquitous.

That is not what "critical care" means

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Blistex posted:

As funny as this sounds, you're right.

Nearly every bed in a US hospital is classified as a critical care bed as the required equipment can be wheeled to them. The problem is that there is nowhere near enough equipment or trained staff to have all of them doing critical care at the same time. It's like bragging that you have the largest taxi fleet in the world, when only 1/10th of them can operate at any one time due to lack of drivers and fuel.

That is not what a critical care bed is defined as. "Bed" refers to operational capacity not a literal bed

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Seriously why do people like to pretend to be experts on matters they clearly know nothing about

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Blistex posted:

Dr. friend in Washington State (went to high school together) told me this, this very morning. He's not sure if it's because of funding, tax purposes, or some other administrative reason, but his hospital, and every other one he has worked in considers every bed they have in certain wings not dedicated to long-term care or outpatient care "critical care capable", and he said that the numbers are inflated.

Unless he has some reason to lie, then I assumed he knew what he was talking about.

You misunderstood what he said. He knows what he was talking about, but you don't know what he was talking about.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Blistex posted:

Guess not, since I understand English and what "bed" and "inflated" means (besides the average goon sexual encounter). Just assumed a loving Doctor knew what he was talking about when it came to healthcare.

Again, you don't know what you're talking about. This has nothing to do with the doctor, who probably knows what he's talking about. See, the limiting factor here is you. You are not a doctor. Talking with a doctor does not make you a doctor.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Devils Affricate posted:

Are you a doctor?

I don't think you understand what's going on here

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

yikes! posted:

r u an expert

Yes

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
This is more illinois.jpg:

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

shame on an IGA posted:

It's Ted Nguyen's truck, vinyl guy can't spell worth a drat.

Oh I know that guy. H'es pretty cool despite the dumb truck

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've heard reports in the hundreds. So $35 seems amazing to me.

They keep developing new, better types of insulin that last longer, etc.. generic regular insulin is cheaper but nobody wants to use it

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
There's only oike 3 companies who mske insulin snd probably they are price fixing.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

MageMage posted:

I would rather literally get raped than have another 4 years of feeling unsafe.

:chloe:

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Manager Hoyden posted:

Every picture thread ends up mostly screencaps of some sadbrain twitter trash whining about some politics poo poo or another, weird

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Bonzo posted:

The Crow and the Beavis and Butthead sound tracks are the two most 90s CDs ever and I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F9DxYhqmKw

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

If nurses are supposedly so busy all the time jow come they always have time for this kind of thing

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

yikes! posted:

maybe this kind of thing is what they're always so busy doing duh

Protesting, lobbying, snd complaining? Sounds about right

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

yikes! posted:

You think the nurse is the one doing those things in that picture? Please explain

She's a counterprotester at some rally

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

yikes! posted:

Ok, that's one of the three

The other two is the rest of the time

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Nurses are basically cops snd it's timr we admitted that

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
They're thr exact same vengeful petty authoritarian personality and wr sll knoe it

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Nurses can give or withhold your pain medicine, and directly controll whether you eat, sleep, go to the bathroom, and how long you sit in piss and poo poo until they send one of their assistsnts to clean you (if st all). They can have you tied up or drugged into oblivion if they just say anfew magic words.

If you upset them for some reason they can and will mske your life hell. One bad word thst youte s troublemaker they'll all work together to gently caress you. They ste essentially unfireable.

Nurse serisl killers usually havr triple digit body counts and are rarely caught

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Milo and POTUS posted:

The upside of nurses being underpaid is if you slip them a 20 they'll definitely give you pain meds

Underpaid? Most nurses make $100k or more

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

The Bloop posted:

Yeah, no.

The AVERAGE nurse salary is about 65k

Which is still not necessarily "underpaid" but you're off by a lot

This includes places like thr south

In NY average salary is right under $90k and with bonuses and overtime take-home pay for a nurse working maybe 4 12hr shifts a week is $100-120k easy. In California it's even higher

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Sir Not Appearing posted:

I'm the Honda covered in patriotic decals.

Well, it's an American truck

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
The Honda Ridgeline is the most American-made truck in Cars.com's 2019 American-Made Index, an annual study that analyzes assembly location, parts content, drivetrain sourcing and factory employment to rank the most American-made cars, trucks and SUVs. The Ridgeline nabbed the third spot in the top 15 for the 2019 index, ranking more American made than any Ford, Chevrolet, GMC or Ram truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I love that "America first" idiots love to "roll coal". More commonly called: paying a foreign power for diesel.

U.S. oil/petroleum refineries produce most of the diesel fuel consumed in the United States. In 2018, imports of ultra-low sulfur distillate (ULSD) fuel oil, which is distillate fuel with a sulfur content of 15 parts per million or less, were equivalent to about 4% of total ULSD consumption in the United States.