Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

The amount of poor people trying to vote away their healthcare is astounding. The average American family pre-Obamacare was an ambulance ride away from being destitute, even with insurance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Gazpacho posted:

"yield to pedestrians in crosswalks" is black-letter law in california and it's posted all over the place so i'm gonna buck the trend here and say maybe that woman is justified to be upset at drivers plowing through her right of way

The side of the camera that the idiot is on seems to switch half the time. In about 50% of those instances she's yelling at people who were already committed to turning before she even arrived at the crosswalks, or in some cases she was speeding along and then did a snap-turn, giving them no indication a second earlier that she was going to cross it. Some of the cars seem to be nosing out into the crosswalks because they can't see around the corner otherwise, and she's getting mad that they were there before her.

But there are a ton of instances in that video where the drivers are being the idiots or oblivious. I can't imagine how scary it must be to cross an intersection like that and have no way to rapidly jump or change direction, or have a button to press to get traffic to notice and stop. After almost getting creamed by a texter, I don't cross in front of a car unless I make eye contact with them.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

I'm the rattling bottles at the ten minute mark.

I wonder which way miss "law abiding" is going to turn?

Blistex fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 7, 2020

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Whatev posted:

Being John Malkovich but the portal leads to this woman

Not a lot of repeat business.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

LordArgh posted:

unfortunately, the beds themselves do not provide the critical care

As funny as this sounds, you're right.

Nearly every bed in a US hospital is classified as a critical care bed as the required equipment can be wheeled to them. The problem is that there is nowhere near enough equipment or trained staff to have all of them doing critical care at the same time. It's like bragging that you have the largest taxi fleet in the world, when only 1/10th of them can operate at any one time due to lack of drivers and fuel.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Lol you couldn't be further off. Stop spreading misinformation

Dr. friend in Washington State (went to high school together) told me this, this very morning. He's not sure if it's because of funding, tax purposes, or some other administrative reason, but his hospital, and every other one he has worked in considers every bed they have in certain wings not dedicated to long-term care or outpatient care "critical care capable", and he said that the numbers are inflated.

Unless he has some reason to lie, I assumed he knew what he was talking about.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

JK Fresco posted:

You misunderstood what he said. He knows what he was talking about, but you don't know what he was talking about.

Guess not, since I understand English and what "bed" and "inflated" means (besides the average goon sexual encounter). Just assumed a loving Doctor knew what he was talking about when it came to healthcare.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

JK Fresco posted:

Again, you don't know what you're talking about. This has nothing to do with the doctor, who probably knows what he's talking about. See, the limiting factor here is you. You are not a doctor. Talking with a doctor does not make you a doctor.

Was just about to post his text, but I guess I am not a cellular technician, so that's can't be trusted.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Bogus Adventure posted:

Also, here's a shot from a snake handling church because there is nothing more American than believing that Jesus will shield you from the easily avoidable danger you decide to face.

Jesus doesn't protect against tooth decay?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Kenneth Copeland is a public figure massive piece of poo poo, you don't need to redact his name.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

shame on an IGA posted:

Andrew Jackson State Park is in Indian Land, SC

Everyone and everything in America is in "Indian" (First Nation's) land.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

JK Fresco posted:

Nurses are basically cops snd it's timr we admitted that

The idea of a nurse wearing a Punisher pin and committing frantic malpractice every time they see a visible minority patient is equal parts hilarious and horrifying.

<Judge at Hearing> "It says here that you gave 8 people a staph infection and another 12 the wrong medication, resulting in a total of 11 deaths. . . care to explain your side of the story?"
<Nurse nervously looking at a 12 year old black boy in an arm cast> "When the patient first entered the ER he was obviously agitated, and I feared for my life".
<Judge> "Good enough, I'm dropping all charges against you and sentence that patient to 37 years of no medical coverage for brandishing a broken Humerus."

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

JK Fresco posted:

They're thr exact same vengeful petty authoritarian personality and wr sll knoe it

Are you confusing nurses and prison guards?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

limp_cheese posted:

Have some mages to get things back on track

Australia

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Context? I'm guessing he's some manner of massive rear end in a top hat/chud/ketchup on well-done steak enthusiast?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Colonel Cancer posted:

Were you born yesterday? It's Richard Spencer getting punched in the face like 3 years ago. He's an infamous outspoken white supremacist.

Possibly. I've literally never heard of him or recall hearing about him.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Colonel Cancer posted:

That particular video of him being hit in the face was literally everywhere online in 2017/2018, with articles handwringing about it in multiple major publications :shrug:

Guess it didn't get much coverage in Canada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z75DN5r_6H4

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

I honestly cannot comprehend this type of stupidity. I can understand being angry that you are not being supported by the social security net (what little ragged one there is), but to get as tightly packed as you can with hundreds of yelling, screaming, spraying people is beyond anything I have ever witnessed before.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

They're pretty much exactly how I expected them to look.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Eldercain posted:

about to be acquitted?

:negative: probably.

<a morbidly obese attorney who's dressed like Colonel Sanders delivers his closing statement>

"White males of the jury, as you can clearly see in the video, the defendants were defending themselves from a deranged man who attacked them without provocation...

Can you honestly say that you would react any differently had you found yourselves in a situation like this?"

<jury deliberates for 90 minutes, which is the shortest time they agreed upon that wouldn't result in a mistrial>

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Julius CSAR posted:

You forgot to start this off like this:

*runs thumbs up and down the insides of his suspenders*

“Now ah I ain’t no big city lawyer..”

That goes without saying. . . as do the "dog-whistle" white supremacist tattoos on Jurors #4 and 9's arms. Also when the judge pardon's the two men he refers to them as either, "good ole' boys" or "upstanding citizens".

Naturally both of them walk away with a cool 1/2 a million dollars from their go-fund-me campaigns.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

limp_cheese posted:

I've got things from opposite ends of the spectrum.

I don't know why the second video is cropped like that.

Remember when news from the white house wasn't just a crazy old man with dementia tweeting lies and hateful/racists/divisive things?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

drat horror queefs posted:

It's kind of like watching your distant uncle go completely insane after his wife leaves him and he ends up buying a bunch of guns and a mail-order Thai child bride and sinking all his money into ethereum and now will only talk about the Rothschilds during family gatherings.

It's sort of fascinating to watch but I'm also pretty grossed out and grateful I don't have to live with him / there

For me it's like watching your next door neighbour slowly succumb to mental illness. All the warning signs are there, but nobody can intervene and you know it's just a matter of time before he hurts someone, has a standoff with the cops, and then puts a gun in his mouth.

:( Please get better USA

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Is there a term for people like that? Gun nuts who wear body armor and everything? Not chud though, something specific to them?

"Gear Queer" used to be the term (as in odd or weird) but I think that it has fallen out of favour for obvious reasons.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

limp_cheese posted:

I was wounded in Iraq. Talking to my mom about it she believes an Iranian shot me because the Iraqis were happy we were there, hell they invited us to invade, and Iraq is a much better place now that we got rid of Saddam. There was no Iraqi insurgency, it was all foreign fighters from Iran. The Iraqis viewed us as liberators and wanted us to stay but Obama turned tail and withdrew the troops like a coward. I wish I was describing a conversation from years ago but she told me all this in the past week.

The USA is ALWAYS the good guy and any talk of torture or the killing of civilians is fake news designed to hurt our country. She actually told me to go join ISIS since bringing up this kind of stuff means I hate this country.

:stare: The gently caress!

I'm so sorry that your mom is like that. It must really suck to have to deal with that. Sorry

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

There were fetal-alcohol syndrome children raised by the most backwards people of the dark ages who grew up to be more knowledgeable on the subject of virology than a good segment of the US populace.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Prof. Banks posted:

Have teachers who will use lack of oversight to teach them what they need to know anyway. It's what I did as the science teacher at a tiny rural middle school that had a teen pregnancy problem.

"You're fired!"

<which is something you will hear in certain districts>

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Hackers film 1995 posted:

if a reporter posts an unedited video with no commentary and people still shout fake news and bias, what do you do with that? america blows.

When people get angry like that it's because they know what they are doing is wrong. Anger is a defense mechanism to try and make the guilt go away.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

PathAsc posted:

"at"

Implying they'd even be doing anything mildly reminiscent at aiming while pulling the trigger

I just can't see it in my mind being a controlled action

If any of those guns had a functional giggle-switch, you could bet the first loud gun-ish noise they heard would result in them mag-dumping into the ground or their foot. The Navy Elephant-SEAL in the tarp would likely suffer a heart attack and be dead before he hit the ground.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I can't tell if that sign is him being a moron or him being a racist moron.

Search your feelings. You know the answer.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

A Fancy Hat posted:

It's amazing that the very same people who rant and rave about "entitled millennials" and say poo poo like "World War 2 taught people how to sacrifice!!!" are unwilling to give up a day at the mall to save lives.

And who the gently caress takes 12 sugars in a coffee if they're not currently mutating into a fly/human hybrid?

The greatest generation fought in the streets for worker's rights. They fought in Europe and the Pacific for human rights. They set up North America so that their children would be growing up during the most prosperous period in human history, in the most prosperous area on the Earth. The Boomers just "showed up" for previously unimaginable prosperity, and they benefited from all of the hard work of their parents. . . and in turn made sure that their children and grandchildren would enjoy none of that, because they are not willing to give up even the smallest creature comfort as that "sacrifice" might benefit someone else in some small way, and that's unacceptable, because in their minds they "bootstraped" themselves* where they are now, and it had nothing to do with all of the economic and social stars aligning to make failure almost impossible**.

* Boomer definition of "bootstrapped" is that they worked at old man Wilson's hardware store one summer and made enough to buy a 1-3 year old 1974 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.
**does not apply to people of colour

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Everyone's so fat. Not to body shame, but there are a lot of people in tiny two-pieces in that video that should be ashamed of their bodies.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

McGavin posted:

Everything's bigger in Texas.

Thank god that goes double for the Jorts/Trunks the guys are wearing. Would hate to see them wearing more "European" swimwear.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Just to be clear (as a non-American). Brandishing the Confederate flag means that you want it to be known that you dislike black people, but still want plausible deniability (the "history not hate" argument).

Is this correct?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Oscar Wild posted:

There is no plausible deniability. The southern argument about states rights is just an admission that their supply chain and entire economy depended on unpaid slave labor. There is no fig leaf.

Good to know. Here in Alberta (Canada) I give the middle finger to every rear end in a top hat who drives by with a confederate flag on the front of his truck. . . which is a freaking lot for some reason.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

when i was a teenager and absolutely nuts I saw a truck with a full size confederate flag in a grocery store parking lot and I lit the flag on fire and I'm real proud of that

:nice:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Don't outboard motors require water to circulate through them to keep from overheating?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Aren't they required to give their badge numbers by law, or is that a myth?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Bogus Adventure posted:

Depends on the jurisdiction because there is no one governing agency for them.

https://boingboing.net/2015/02/25/think-you-have-the-right-to-de.html

Each local government/police department determines the rules for it. Also, there are often exceptions. This is from the Seattle PD manual. Spot the potential loophole.

Thanks. I knew they wouldn't because they're wearing equipment that hides their identity (and often breaking the law), just wondered about the actual expectations in the eyes of the law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Whoria Discordia posted:

"is that your bible?"
"It's -a- bible."

Is this the first question that Trump has answered in an honest and coherent manner?