Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Hello Friends,
I've been on these here forums for quite some time. Back in the before times, GBS was full of Choose Your Own Adventure threads, funny and often cringe personal stories, photoshop threads, and of course MSPaint threads.

You don't see MS Paint threads at all these days, I think most of the artistically gifted goons have moved on to greener pastures. Regardless I wanted to take the time to walk down memory lane with some of the old pictures I had saved over the years, and invite everyone to share their own.

First up, and probably the most famous of them all:

:backtowork: Good ol' responsibility scallop. Artist unknown, but the thread was to paint captcha phrases.

Group hug dot com was a website for anonymous confessions, that was before it was filled with trolls. We had a thread where people would hilariously illustrate select confessions.

Probably my favorite from the same thread.

"MS Paint traumatic childhood moments" This is also where the notorious 3-panel ms-paint of "in a restaurant many years ago" originated from.

"MS paint poo poo you hate about GBS". Canned Macabre was a great goon who's art could be found in just about any MS Paint thread years back.

I can't remember what thread this came from but it's pretty good.

"Strange things you do when no one is watching".... So yeah things would get out of hand and the artists would start collaborating on pieces.

"MS Paint Disney characters as goons"

"MS Paint facts about animals"

I have no idea what thread this is from but it kept getting posted in random threads around SA

Not an MS Paint thread but there was some dumb browser extension that let you drawn on websites and specific URLs and other people with the extension could see what you drew and draw over it as well.

Share what pictures you have saved, and if the idea fairy strikes maybe think up a great MS Paint thread idea to post yourself.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Action-Bastard posted:

Group hug dot com was a website for anonymous confessions, that was before it was filled with trolls. We had a thread where people would hilariously illustrate select confessions.

I normally wouldn't be the wet blanket here but seriously dude? I bought you pizza. Come on.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Resting Lich Face posted:

I normally wouldn't be the wet blanket here but seriously dude? I bought you pizza. Come on.

You're an amazing artist

forward pass
Dec 9, 2005

Y'all get back now.
I started that one shower scene. You don't quite have the complete version there.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

This one didn't get stuck and should have been. My bad.

^^ :five:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh god i remember hellbastard. threads full of goons saying Epic Win Goon Sir!! at his wacky pirate ms paint adventures with his weird self-insert floating skull, and then the Sundering happened and gbs became a lot less like PYF overnight, and freed from their shackles, people could call him a dickhead without being probated

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Hell Bastard's gimmick was funny for a few years, but yeah the comic/adventure threads were kinda stale.

I think he ended up making his own website with merch and everything for his webcomics.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

This one didn't get stuck and should have been. My bad.

^^ :five:

Thanks pal, :respek:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Weird amount of hate for hellbastard and the quality and effort he consistently brought to his posts. Eh then again I'm not a hater.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

sweet thursday posted:

Weird amount of hate for hellbastard and the quality and effort he consistently brought to his posts. Eh then again I'm not a hater.

Effort I might grant you but there was very little quality.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
Here's a couple I've had in a dumb pictures folder since 2008. It was from a mspaint bad superheroes thread. For context, they usually were set up as having the superhero being called to a burning orphanage, but were totally inept at doing anything because they were a lovely superhero.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Phthisis posted:

Here's a couple I've had in a dumb pictures folder since 2008. It was from a mspaint bad superheroes thread. For context, they usually were set up as having the superhero being called to a burning orphanage, but were totally inept at doing anything because they were a lovely superhero.

I like all of this, thank you.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Behind Maslow
Apr 11, 2008

Oops. Ignore.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Not specifically from a MSPaint thread but still one of my favorites

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Good ol' Dobson.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Phthisis posted:

That was a great thread, here's a couple more.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Ground floor

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3431940

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Yes but you have to admit it could be confused for the bathroom ceiling.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Yes but you have to admit it could be confused for the bathroom ceiling.

Please. Don't say that. :(

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Joust posted:

Good ol' Dobson.

Sometimes I think people still chortling about a guy's partner having a miscarriage over a decade ago is sad and then I remember that a guy having the wrong opinions on cartoons had years of stalking and harassment that culminated in a masked man pretending to throw acid in his face at a convention.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Like a decade ago a guy did a thread offering to animate the first fifty suggestions into an MSpaint video, but despite me making it in under the deadline he clearly realized he didn't have the artistic skill to render "a [mentally challenged] having an epiphany". I still feel cheated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIpZug9Mvi0

Daikloktos fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 2, 2020

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

You probably want to edit the G-word out before some busybody decides you need a probe because the world is loving developmentally disabled.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Nurge posted:

You probably want to edit the G-word out before some busybody decides you need a probe because the world is loving developmentally disabled.
Ah, right, I still haven't internalized that. Hope the mods will forgive me - there's not a lot of social traction around Roma racism, it rarely comes up

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008

Not MSPaint thread, but I did MSPaint it

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
OP, there are lots of mspaint threads! Here's one made awesome by zippy the bummer:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909057&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
That "things that annoy you about SA" paint thread was good. I think my favorite was the girl who walks downstairs at the house party and says "Typical GBS" before pissing herself in front of everyone.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
the title and subject of the thread that spawned these was problematic but I like these good boys and they are my friends

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Duck_King posted:

That "things that annoy you about SA" paint thread was good. I think my favorite was the girl who walks downstairs at the house party and says "Typical GBS" before pissing herself in front of everyone.

Link? That thread sounds so good

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I was gonna say Avast, Ye Bastards! by hellbastard, but I also have a fondness for the Space Tits/Space rear end MS-Paint adventure thread. :shobon:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Space Tits was the tits

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I miss Zoofights.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I miss Atma and their CYOAs

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

SirSamVimes posted:

I miss Zoofights.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I remember a thread for drawing cartoon characters in unfortunate situations.

I wanted to draw the rooster from Rock A Doodle dying on the toilet but the thread ended.