Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
My favorite tea, at least in terms of value, is the Japanese matcha they sell at Costco (big wholesale grocer in the US).

Lately I have enjoyed trying some of the premium loose teas made by Bruetta, a company local to me. Their prickly pear tea is my favorite because of its awesome purple color.

Do you all remember that goon business that used to import Australian chai to North America? Man, I miss that stuff. Really good chai is just the best thing

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
I did a vacation in Argentina last year, and I have to say, yerba mate is just not my thing. At least it has a cool emoji 🧉

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

City of Glompton

had some english breakfast tea :angel: and now i'm gonna have some coffee, in the same mug :twisted:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

crystal Ghost
*tuggs on suspenders* im a wealthy man

Escape From Noise

blaise rascal posted:

My favorite tea, at least in terms of value, is the Japanese matcha they sell at Costco (big wholesale grocer in the US).

Lately I have enjoyed trying some of the premium loose teas made by Bruetta, a company local to me. Their prickly pear tea is my favorite because of its awesome purple color.

Do you all remember that goon business that used to import Australian chai to North America? Man, I miss that stuff. Really good chai is just the best thing

Ohhh. I really need to get the spices and tea together for chai. Used to make it like every winter from my friend's recipe

Escape From Noise

Having some Yamato tea with my breakfast. It's nice.

poverty goat

having my tea without milk this morning, because I'm out of milk :negative:

I have some cream but cream tastes really gross to me in tea for reasons I can't explain

biosterous

cream tastes gross on tea because your brain knows it is committing a sin.

drinking a mint tea that my boss bought me. added sugar because it's got too much pepper in the peppermint!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Escape From Noise

Enjoying some frozen summit oolong from my new tea pot.

ulvir

poverty goat posted:

my next stop, spending more on tea :retrogames:

get into the aged and collector puerh-scene, you’ll burn more money than you can imagine

super sweet best pal

Tea is usually very good but I was gifted some egg nog flavored tea and while egg nog is also very good, the tea wasn't.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Adagio cream flavored tea

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

What makes for a good no sugar, no milk iced tea?

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Escape From Noise

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I think most Japanese or Chinese teas in general are more balanced and are really good straight.

poverty goat

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I think most Japanese or Chinese teas in general are more balanced and are really good straight.

This is true but if you're looking for something more in the ballpark of traditional american iced black tea this is my inescapable lowbrow black tea of choice, has good robust flavor without a lot of bitterness & is good hot and cold

Fuzz Boxer

sticking with whatever fails
Totally assam!

ulvir

i oolong for a good cuppa :coffee:

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Hello, is this the teat party?

<3 <3 Vanisher

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

No, this is the teeth party.

ulvir

no taxation without representation and a quick rinse before first steeping if it’s a rolled tea

poverty goat

I reupped from upton w/ some euro style black tea blends & this east frisian BOP is my poo poo

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

Kief Richards posted:

No, this is the teeth party.

Ah, I was actually looking for the

<3 <3 Vanisher

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Okay I'm trying to up my game from scrub tier tea bags to advanced loose-tea crew. Do y'all brew your loose tea in a teapot (and what kinda cute lil teapot should I get??) or Upton's has these cool strainers that go in your mug? I'm usually making 1 cup at a time just for me.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Also jeez I don't even know what matcha is but apparently there are competitions for it because Upton's sells a competition grade matcha set?

Not sure I want my tea to be competitive

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I use a strainer either in my mug or in the teapot depending on the amount of tea I plan on consuming at the time.

I've lost my voice from crying so I'm drinking oolong with a chunk of ginger and some honey.

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
i only make a whole pot when i got peeps over. usually i only make a single cuppa. i have one of those nice one mug sifter thingies... but i also got a rad travel mug that comes with one of those built in so i can loose leaf tea on the go. it rules!

Escape From Noise

You can get mesh reusable tea bags, but also smaller teapots are available. You can usually get some pretty cheap ones at Asian stores.

I wouldn't do the maccha thing personally. It's a whole thing, and while I enjoy it, a very different experience from most teas.

You can also buy electric tea kettles with temperature settings. I enjoy having one but it's not required.

poverty goat

I use a little wire basket thingy, or a coffee press if I want to make more than one cup at once. I have no clue how to use a teapot :confused:

drinking upton's leadenhall street breakfast blend today

Escape From Noise

Oh yeah! A coffee press also works well

Fuzz Boxer

sticking with whatever fails
There are various sized tea presses available.

Liquid Communism

Out here, everything hurts.

I usually just throw a tea bag in a mug like a savage, but for good loose leaf I really like those tea makers that you can let steep then set on top of the mug and strain down.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Liquid Communism posted:

I usually just throw a tea bag in a mug like a savage, but for good loose leaf I really like those tea makers that you can let steep then set on top of the mug and strain down.

I've been eyeballing one for a while, is it worth it for a work tea solution? The teabags provided are... Well, bad.

Escape From Noise

Reppin' tea crew today.

biosterous

it is tea time so i am drinking tea

gallery of sigs

he/him

Escape From Noise

biosterous posted:

it is tea time so i am drinking tea

:hellyeah:

Skylight

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

bit late for caffeine here, so rooibos tea it is! :cheers:

Escape From Noise

Skylight posted:

bit late for caffeine here, so rooibos tea it is! :cheers:

Nice! I got a new box of it last night at the grocery store where I may or may not have been getting salsa for nachos

poverty goat

Hi I'm drinking tea

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

poverty goat posted:

Hi I'm drinking tea

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

drinking bengal spice tea (cinnamon, chircory, carob, cardamom, cloves, and also some things that don't start with c) with little a condensed milk stirred in, as a treat

gallery of sigs

he/him