Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poverty goat

3:57 drink tea every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skylight

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

Finger Prince posted:

Plain rooibos is kinda ehh but when you get the ones blended with flower petals and berries and poo poo, oh yeah. I used to get a peach one with peach flowers in it and it's really good, but lately I've been getting this provençal one that's so amazingly fragrant and tasty.

drat that looks like good stuff, where do you even get that from?

Finger Prince

Skylight posted:

I get it from everyday gourmet coffee in St Lawrence Market in Toronto. The peach one I got from Moonbean in Kensington Market, who I'm pretty sure sell the same provencal one, but sadly I haven't been to Moonbean since the whole lockdown. They're usually my go-to place for beans and tea. I don't know exactly how much it costs, but I could send you some if you like!

poverty goat

Big fan of this Russian caravan blend

wearing a lampshade

poverty goat posted:

Big fan of this Russian caravan blend

Oh yeah

Finger Prince

Lapsang souchong tea. Mmm smokey.

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Smoked beverages of any kind are highly divisive because everyone's palate is different, and the smoky phenols are perceived by some people a lot more strongly than others. Having said that, I'm definitely on board the lapsang souchong train, and I have a tin of it right here in my office! Drinking an Assam loose tea blend rn

Nettle Soup

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I chopped down a load of nettles, dried them out, and now I'm pretending it's tea. Surprisingly drinkable, and a snack at the end!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

drinkin some of this east frisian stuff from uptons and gosh is it nice :11tea:

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Rooney McNibnug

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
T.

Escape From Noise

Nettle Soup posted:

I chopped down a load of nettles, dried them out, and now I'm pretending it's tea. Surprisingly drinkable, and a snack at the end!

Ain't no problem! Tea doesn't have to be camellia sinensis. It's all good.

Unless you're talking about coffee!

poverty goat

It's lapsang souchong day

Skylight

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Ain't no problem! Tea doesn't have to be camellia sinensis.

see rooibos, chamomile, mint, and other non-camellia sinensis goodness for more details

if it's a dried plant of some kind and it steeps into goodness (and it isn't coffee beans), you got yourself some tea. pretty sure that's how it goes

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

nettle tea is good for cramps; i drink a lot of it because i get serious leg cramps from working in the warehouse

Finger Prince

Skylight posted:

I asked the girl at the cash and she said you could use their custom order form on their website to get their loose leaf stuff. Or call the store and they can process the transaction over the phone. Here's their site in case you or anyone else is interested. https://everydaycoffee.com/

Escape From Noise

Skylight posted:

see rooibos, chamomile, mint, and other non-camellia sinensis goodness for more details

if it's a dried plant of some kind and it steeps into goodness (and it isn't coffee beans), you got yourself some tea. pretty sure that's how it goes

Hell yeah. I mean if China, Japan, and Korea will use the same word for proper tea plant tea and herb tea it is all good.

Finger Prince

Strawberry papaya oolong today. Makes a hellova good ice tea but I'm having it hot.

poverty goat

drinking earl grey supreme & I like it a lot. I am not so much into the extra bergamot stuff but this has a good balance

Finger Prince

Found some "pearl drop morning dew" in my cupboard. I think it's some kind of oolong.

Skylight

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!

drinkin green tea, takin cbd. good times ahead.

poverty goat

iced jasmine tea

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

drinkin some uptons richmond park blend and it is so nice.

I had some rooibos tea last night and it was good! could probably be improved by being chai'd or something, but not at all bad by itself with milk, and not nasty af like chamomile with milk.

Christoph
Does anyone have any idea how to pronounce tisane? Because I sure don't.

Drinking wormwood tea here. It stimulates the stomach and the bowels.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

poverty goat

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

sounds good

I've been really enjoying the robert fortune blend 41 from my last order

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Christoph posted:

Does anyone have any idea how to pronounce tisane? Because I sure don't.

Drinking wormwood tea here. It stimulates the stomach and the bowels.

I think tee-SAHN

maybe more like TIH-zan

It is not tee-sane imo

poverty goat posted:

sounds good

I've been really enjoying the robert fortune blend 41 from my last order
I will have to try it out next time I order. I really like the east frisian stuff I think you recommended, but I'm not really wild about their irish breakfast. I think it's because i'd gotten used to my twinning bags of irish breakfast and this is different. It gets a kind of funny taste like macaroni and cheese with milk on the second steeping or something.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I love reading the reviews on uptons. people are SERIOUS about their tea

Escape From Noise

Having some dragon well. It's helping the sore throat. Really hitting the spot right now.

Christoph
Tried chaga mushroom tea. It's actually pretty good after you add maple syrup to it. Mixes well with instant coffee, too.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

i got some of this as a free sample and thought it was very nice

sippin' on some lapsang souchong right now that has a really nice smokey/sweet balance and it'd be a really nice falltime tea, i think. nice foliage, a cool breeze and this one in particular seem like a perfect combo

dead horse
hell yes tea thread! my favorite loose leaf in my pantry rn is this fella

a super mellow ceylon with cardamom... very tasty w/ milk + sugar or honey. may have to go brew up a cup now!! :cheers:

Escape From Noise

Now that the state of emergency is being lifted I'll be able to hit up Chinatown in Kobe for some Chinese tea soon!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
4:20 blaze it? No, my friend: 4:20 steep it. smug:

poverty goat

drinking smokey russian caravan blend while i vape my weed

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Drink green vape green be green.

barfdog

lapsang souchong will always reign supreme

https://i.imgur.com/FLpAnfS.mp4

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I got a really nice pu erh cake yesterday that I posted on Facebook about, and all of my irl friends tried to get owns in on me instead of being excited for me. My ex said it looked like dog puke.

I hope y'all will be at least mildly happy about my pu erh cake that came yesterday:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I got a really nice pu erh cake yesterday that I posted on Facebook about, and all of my irl friends tried to get owns in on me instead of being excited for me. My ex said it looked like dog puke.

I hope y'all will be at least mildly happy about my pu erh cake that came yesterday:

that honestly looks p good; have you tried any yet?

gleebster

Only a howler
During the recent unpleasantness I have been drinking a big pot of tea every morning. Sometimes a strong breakfast blend, sometimes oolong, occasionally chai with cream.

Amp

Kief Richards posted:

that honestly looks p good; have you tried any yet?

It was really nice. I stabbed a chunk off right after that pic was taken. I should shoot some pics of the actual tea tomorrow morning when I rally get into it.

It's a pretty young raw cake -- it's only from 2019. Hopefully I can have the willpower to hang onto it for a while to experience how it changes over time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Puer is good. Get new friends