Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

:11tea:OH YEAH BABY! IT THAT TIME AGAIN!:11tea:

:11tea::11tea::11tea::11tea::11tea::11tea::11tea::11tea::11tea::11tea::11tea::11tea::11tea::11tea::11tea::11tea::11tea::11tea:

What time you may ask? Well tea time of course! I lost the old thread because of reasons I'm not going to get into but we're back and we're slurpin' the hot (or sometimes cold) leafy (but sometimes root or other based) juice! All teas welcome, camellia sinensis and herbal alike. We'll even tolerate our coffee pals.

So just sit back, relax, drink some tea, and bump this thread every time you are gettin' your tea on. Also a place for tea discussion and stuff Just relax here in this, the BYOB tea room.:feelsgood:

Just had some tie guan yin (aka iron goddess aka anxi SUPER oolong) with some strawberries that were on sale for a healthy snack (I need to drop some blood pressure and pounds).

I also picked up some Yamato-cha at the grocery store recently, which was kind of a neat find for me since I used to live in Nara back in the day. Basically Japan's famous tea areas are Shizuoka near Tokyo, and Uji in Kyoto prefecture. Apparently, according to my boss, Yamato tea was the third one but, like with most things Nara is known for, they kind of get forgotten because they're a little further down the list. I still love 'em and it was a neat find for me.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Feb 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clowner

Further in
Literally holding a tea party on Sunday, very excited, I know nothing about tea really but I live in Taiwan so I've accumulated a lot.

Happily taking suggestions for tea party activities or methods or anything else you would like to say, in any way, to anyone in particular, cheers

Escape From Noise

Clowner posted:

Literally holding a tea party on Sunday, very excited, I know nothing about tea really but I live in Taiwan so I've accumulated a lot.

Happily taking suggestions for tea party activities or methods or anything else you would like to say, in any way, to anyone in particular, cheers

Fruits go very well with most teas I find. Traditional Taiwanese tea food is like deep fried vegetables as well I think. Edemame and light pastries are nice too

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

drinkin my tea right now :11tea:

Are there any lower caffeine teas I could have with my dinner that won't keep my up all night? like tea tea not herbal tea

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Escape From Noise

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

drinkin my tea right now :11tea:

Are there any lower caffeine teas I could have with my dinner that won't keep my up all night? like tea tea not herbal tea

Maybe white tea?

poverty goat

I can't do caffeine after 4pm or so if I want to sleep. Hojicha is lower caffeine than other greens and traditionally for drinking later in the day so i gave it a shot and nope, did not work

Finger Prince

I am having a tea right now!

Goons Are Gifts

Coffee :devil:

biosterous

i'm drinking tea! with milk!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Escape From Noise

Plz read the thread rules

biosterous

morning tea time! earl grey with milk. no sugar because i just ate a sugary cereal

gallery of sigs

he/him

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

trying something new for my second cup of :11tea: - twinnings 'darjeeling' which doesn't have the official darjeeling stamp (that i read about on wikipedia the other night) and I guess is just some blend to approximate darjeeling but w/e it is its pretty nice. Much lighter than my usual irish breakfast and probably doesn't need or want as much milk as i put in it. Very nice floral/spicy note to it.

DeathCrabForCutie
oh fuc-
I too am a wuss when it comes to caffeine. that's why I stick to green and white teas.

My only exception is chai lattes. love me some spicy calm milk

sig by Pot Smoke Phoenix!

tradjik

i drink coffee now again

ty heather papps u da bes

Dip Viscous

hibiscus tea is probably 90% of my water intake

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
hey

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
i like tea!

oscarthewilde

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
drinking french grapefruit tea rn. those mfers want to call it a 'tisane' but ill be dead in the cold cold ground before i listen a word a frenchie says

poverty goat

Drinking assam w/ milk

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

:11tea: I am having a London fog from kaldi's right now but in a few minutes I will be having a big gently caress off mug of Darjeeling also from kaldi's

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I know it’s scrub-tier but I’m a tea bag kind of guy. Twinnings has been my usual and it’s fine really but is there like a fancy tea bag brand I should investigate?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I know it’s scrub-tier but I’m a tea bag kind of guy. Twinnings has been my usual and it’s fine really but is there like a fancy tea bag brand I should investigate?

Mighty Leaf and Adagio both have decent bags and they're not much more expensive!

poverty goat

Or you could just join the classy loose leaf tea crew :getin:

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
i am a cheapskate and am trying to learn what local plants are safe to eat and brew for tea. i recently learned that pine needles make decent teas--which is rad! i made some grand fir needle tea and it was real good. citrusy flavour...

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
^^^^
my grand fir tea was loose leaf woo

Tin Tim

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I know it’s scrub-tier but I’m a tea bag kind of guy.
Yeah same. It's basic but I do enjoy the ease of just making a whole pot that I can drink at my leisure

This is the most effort I put into my tea I guess

Fresh cut ginger with honey. I guess some would say that isn't real tea but I still love it

Thank you Pot Smoke Phoenix!

biosterous

Dash Rendar posted:

i am a cheapskate and am trying to learn what local plants are safe to eat and brew for tea. i recently learned that pine needles make decent teas--which is rad! i made some grand fir needle tea and it was real good. citrusy flavour...

get yourself some cedar leaves, cedar tea is great imo

gallery of sigs

he/him

DelilahFlowers

Gonna make me some tea now. Gonna drink some Russian Caravan tea, flavored by the smoke of the campfires, the sand and dust of the trail, and the farts of the camels. This is definitely not a marketing ploy

Finger Prince

Dash Rendar posted:

Pine needle tea is really nice, and full of vitamin C!

itry

I like Earl Grey. :kiddo:

I've tried other types of tea, but I always come back to the grey.

Escape From Noise

I need to get a new teapot. Mine did s cracked and leaking a bit

Finger Prince

Guys.

:stare:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Wanna eat that mushroom tea mustard on fancy toasts while sipping my tea

City of Glompton

DelilahFlowers posted:

Gonna make me some tea now. Gonna drink some Russian Caravan tea, flavored by the smoke of the campfires, the sand and dust of the trail, and the farts of the camels. This is definitely not a marketing ploy

i haven't had the tea but the perfume is my favorite

had more licorice spice tea tonight, it's my favorite bc it's naturally sweet

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

poverty goat

just made some tea

Goons Are Gifts

Enjoy!
What is it? How do you drink it?

Escape From Noise

Had some rooibos. :feelsgood: after a rough day.

poverty goat

Goons Are Great posted:

Enjoy!
What is it? How do you drink it?

assam w/ milk

poverty goat

I've been drinking upton's season's pick organic assam and it's pretty good but it takes too much tea to make a good strong cup and it doesn't re-steep very well at all so it's not a very good deal I don't think. Sometimes spending a little more is a better deal in the end if you're going to re-steep because you get more mileage out of them so that's probably my next stop, spending more on tea :retrogames:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

poverty goat posted:

my next stop, spending more on tea :retrogames:

Can relate