Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince

I am having a tea right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Dash Rendar posted:

i am a cheapskate and am trying to learn what local plants are safe to eat and brew for tea. i recently learned that pine needles make decent teas--which is rad! i made some grand fir needle tea and it was real good. citrusy flavour...

Pine needle tea is really nice, and full of vitamin C!

Finger Prince

Guys.

:stare:

Finger Prince

I really love Stash double bergamot earl grey, it's the best earl grey I've had. I got a box of their organic English breakfast tea and it's also really good and doesn't need milk at all, it's all smooth and not bitter. Stash makes good tea.

Finger Prince

I got some lapsang suchong yesterday thanks to this thread because I hadn't had any in a while, and the coffee place had a jar of it near the cash, and anyway that is some dank-rear end tea. It's like being in a smoky longhouse in beverage form.

Finger Prince

I know it's tea crew but can i just take a moment to call out how absolutely bad this loving coffee is please?

It was only bought because we ran out and couldn't get to the good coffee place and had to grab something from the grocery store and honestly anything would have been better. It tastes like a railway tie soaked in butt juice and has a caffeine content of disappointment. I figured I'd just use it up at work because working night shift doesn't suck enough already but honestly I think I'm just gonna chuck it in the trash.

Finger Prince

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Sorry that your coffee is bad but this sounds like a good reason to switch to tea, the gentle , friendlier caffeinator!

I swing both ways

Finger Prince

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

What is this rooibos stuff? the internet said I should try drinking it with my dinner instead of wine (because I'm trying to drink less wine for some stupid reason)

Plain rooibos is kinda ehh but when you get the ones blended with flower petals and berries and poo poo, oh yeah. I used to get a peach one with peach flowers in it and it's really good, but lately I've been getting this provençal one that's so amazingly fragrant and tasty.

Finger Prince

Skylight posted:

drat that looks like good stuff, where do you even get that from?

I get it from everyday gourmet coffee in St Lawrence Market in Toronto. The peach one I got from Moonbean in Kensington Market, who I'm pretty sure sell the same provencal one, but sadly I haven't been to Moonbean since the whole lockdown. They're usually my go-to place for beans and tea. I don't know exactly how much it costs, but I could send you some if you like!

Finger Prince

Lapsang souchong tea. Mmm smokey.

Finger Prince

Skylight posted:

drat that looks like good stuff, where do you even get that from?

I asked the girl at the cash and she said you could use their custom order form on their website to get their loose leaf stuff. Or call the store and they can process the transaction over the phone. Here's their site in case you or anyone else is interested. https://everydaycoffee.com/

Finger Prince

Strawberry papaya oolong today. Makes a hellova good ice tea but I'm having it hot.

Finger Prince

Found some "pearl drop morning dew" in my cupboard. I think it's some kind of oolong.

Finger Prince

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

God. I want to make spontaneously fermented beers so bad

Hmm, this beer tastes like rear end. But good rear end!

Finger Prince

Strawberry oolong.

Finger Prince

caleb posted:

It's me, the only person who likes Lapsang Souchong. Here. In this very thread.

You are among friends here. Who also like lapsang souchong. Got some in my cupboard in fact.

Finger Prince

caleb posted:

Cool I was scared for a minute. I really don't get what all the hubub is about re: pu ehr because it tastes bad 2 me, but if people want to pay a premium for poo poo cakes that are left in the ground forever that's cool and I support them.

I don't even know what pu ehr is aside from it being mentioned here. Nothing beats the soothing feeling of drinking liquid campfire though.

Finger Prince

caleb posted:

You take several camellia sinensis leaves or whatever and put them in the ground for a long time and then they become gross/expensive idgi either.

Kimchi tea.

Finger Prince

caleb posted:

Rooibos isn't a tea what are you on about but I'm happy you got sufficient antioxidants and vitamin c
Also why is it green is the root still growing or wha

Whoa whoa whoa hold up, tea is any steeped leaf, flower, or mushroom.

Finger Prince

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

tea buds (unintentional) I picked up a big rear end mason jar to cold brew some iced teas in and I'm really excited about it because it's been so hot here that I've not been drinking much tea and that's been kind of a bummer. Oh and my best friend growing up bought me a really nice gaiwan as a birthday gift. Teaware is the best I love it.

Drinking a hot Dragonwell right now.

I have this strawberry oolong that makes the most amazing iced tea, but holy crap it makes you jittery! Maybe I steeped it too long or used too much leaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Bright Bart posted:

Sencha and genmaicha. Brown rice baby. But fair trade. Not picked by babies.

Aww man I love genmaicha. I've had some super fino senchas and they're all just kinda boring. Nah gimme the cheap stuff with rice crispies in it any day!