Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

drinkin some uptons richmond park blend and it is so nice.

i got some of this as a free sample and thought it was very nice

sippin' on some lapsang souchong right now that has a really nice smokey/sweet balance and it'd be a really nice falltime tea, i think. nice foliage, a cool breeze and this one in particular seem like a perfect combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I got a really nice pu erh cake yesterday that I posted on Facebook about, and all of my irl friends tried to get owns in on me instead of being excited for me. My ex said it looked like dog puke.

I hope y'all will be at least mildly happy about my pu erh cake that came yesterday:

Amp

Kief Richards posted:

that honestly looks p good; have you tried any yet?

It was really nice. I stabbed a chunk off right after that pic was taken. I should shoot some pics of the actual tea tomorrow morning when I rally get into it.

It's a pretty young raw cake -- it's only from 2019. Hopefully I can have the willpower to hang onto it for a while to experience how it changes over time.

Amp

Some more pu erh pics. And my cute little tea pet that just came in.

Amp

ulvir posted:

what cake is that? like name and so on

my previous puerh shopping was some 2013 changtai, but this global virus thing is making shipping absolutely a slog, there hasn’t been any tracking updates since 29th of april

It's this one. Though, I got it through their monthly tea subscription. I've also heard that maybe they hadn't been super honest about their sourcing claims about ages of trees and such so I was kind of weary about posting any specifics unless someone (you!!!) asked.

I've had a package from China that's been stuck on the same tracking since the 18th that has a bunch of tasty tea in it and I'm really bummed about it. Some day it'll show up and be a wonderful surprise at least.

Amp

ulvir posted:

I’m a bit sceptical about Verdant because of those things, but as long as you like the tea I say drink it with pleasure. no harm no foul :coffeepal:

:yeah:

Amp

Spring all the way. Distilled water is weird unless you're doing water chemistry stuff to it like adding minerals and stuff.

Amp

Kief Richards posted:

toot toot it's bedtime teatime, i'm having chamomile with weed honey

intrigued by the weed honey and would like to subscribe to your newsletter

Amp

tea is wild

drinking some green tea and it's just blowing my mind how different the same plant can taste based on how it is processed. an entire sea of flavor possibilities at the hands of tea makers.

Amp

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Right? I compare it to wine a lot since soil, climate, and age play such a huge role in the final product

There's something incredibly romantic to me about things so inherently tied to their environments. I think there's a lot of stuff like that for me -- spontaneously fermented beers, a good loaf of bread, fresh produce (especially when I get locally-foraged mushrooms where the guy won't even tell me where he forages them from) all have that same romantic feel.

Amp

tea buds (unintentional) I picked up a big rear end mason jar to cold brew some iced teas in and I'm really excited about it because it's been so hot here that I've not been drinking much tea and that's been kind of a bummer. Oh and my best friend growing up bought me a really nice gaiwan as a birthday gift. Teaware is the best I love it.

Drinking a hot Dragonwell right now.

Amp fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jul 18, 2020

Amp

Tie guan yin kinda afternoon

Tie guan yin in the streets, shou pu erh in the sheets

Drinking an aged white and honestly it's probably my favorite tea lately. It's like drinking honey I have no idea how tea is this luxurious and sweet and also well balanced. It's mind-blowing. I wish it was okay to go see my friends and have them try this because I think it's the kind of thing you could give to a non-tea drinker and it would blow their mind at the breadth of possibility for the same leaf that makes up Lipton tea bags.

Amp

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Should I let my second cup made with the same leaves steep longer? It's always a little...anemic?

Yeah definitely

Amp

Drinking on some dragonwell this morning and it's so nice. It's got that nice minerality thing going on but also very vegetal without tipping into savory.

Amp fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Aug 7, 2020

Amp

Tie guan yin again! Mmmmm yeah

i love tgy sometimes i call it tie guan win because it's so good

Amp

Been drinking a bunch of ooooooolongs lately and there's always the thing where I put in the dry leaves and think to myself "that's not a lot of tea but okay!" and then after a few steeps I go "oh wow look at how big those leaves are now" and that's why oolong is great. Also they always taste good. Tea!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp

Oh yeah! Oolong is soooo good! I have some Eastern Beauty, some tie guan yin, and some frozen summit. I like how many varieties there are, and that thing that most of them do with the rolled up leaves is super cool! I didn't get it when I was at the shop but they had some oolong that was like spiraled, so they kind of looked like screws or something.

I could probably be happy just drinking various oolongs for the rest of my life. Tea, along with wine, constantly blows my mind with how, just based on the conditions where something was grown and how it was treated and processed, wildly different the ending product ends up being. It's really magical.