Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
why do old people have to hang out in gas stations in the morning, can't they die or go to a VFW or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

You must not have Bob Evans. Being able to sit there all goddamned day for the price of a cup of coffee.

large_gourd
Jan 17, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they are troves of local lore, you fool. ask them if they've seen anything strange happening in the woods lately.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Old people who just take up space at your workplace and refuse to leave when you have to clean up or close up shop really should just crumble into dust and stop bothering people

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
Well, where else would they be, OP?
Tied up in your basement?

You disgust me.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
They have to play keno with their social security money

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
motherfucker just standing in front of the coffee, taking a sip and adding a drop of half and half for an hour while you stand there, wishing for a stroke to put one of you in sweet oblivion

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

OP how old are you that you actually go inside the gas station in tyool 2019

Risky
May 18, 2003

they always holdin up the line to buy a stack of lotto tickets

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

VikingSkull posted:

why do old people have to hang out in gas stations in the morning, can't they die or go to a VFW or something

they hang out at tim hortons here. and its like jesus christ, stop loving hanging out at tim's and taking up every loving parking space. i just want a morning coffee

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Working the cash in a convenience store, I knew the daily stories and medical record of so many people... why yes, do remind me you have an appointment coming soon to take care of your cataracts, I already forgot since you only told me 3 days in a row.
I'm glad I don't work in a store anymore.

Risky posted:

they always holdin up the line to buy a stack of lotto tickets

The best ones are the people that tell you, every loving time, how unlucky they were that one time the winning numbers were just 1 off the numbers they always take.
How many times can you tell that same story before you get sick and tired of telling it?

They will never get tired of telling that story.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
People getting owned by stationary geezers itt. Nice.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

you broke my grill posted:

OP how old are you that you actually go inside the gas station in tyool 2019

i needed smokes

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Soon, you will join them. It is inevitable.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Obsidianheart posted:

VikingSkull posted:

i needed smokes

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
one of the gas stations in my town is where all the olds hang out because they start making breakfast at 5am. they have a lovely seating area outside and whenever i drive past its the same olds, bitching about the same things, staring out in to the same dark woods. same poo poo, every day. purgatory is real

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

the gas station nearest my subdivision is always filled with old folks raving about how awesome trump is as they buy their lotto tickets and drink lovely coffee. Its all i can do to keep my mouth shut when i go in to buy my smokes.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
"best coffee in town!" the sign exclaims. the olds form a line to pour folgers black coffee before shuffling off to their seat

large_gourd
Jan 17, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
all i'm seeing is a bunch of hermit computer touchers whining about people who remember how to be outside

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
a young redneck comes in to buy dip and a mountain dew before his 6am shift at the factory. its going to be a long 8 hours. he peers forlornly at the benches. he knows what the future holds

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

large_gourd posted:

all i'm seeing is a bunch of hermit computer touchers whining about people who remember how to be outside

a sanctimonious poster barges in to the thread. "heh kids these days are never not on their computers and technological beep boops." theres a seat waiting for him

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Those olds keep the gas station from closing, you don’t make money off of gas, pay at the pump was the worst thing to ever happen to gas stations

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I dunno. This place has been around a while, a decent chunk of the forums users could probably fit right in.

Qwan
Jan 3, 2020
Maybe SA has become the gas station of tje internet long ago.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
if only there was a way to combine the aesthetic of a gas station lottery area with the comfort of a mens gym locker room

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
patent pending

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Old's Gym has a long line

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
they can play keno and scratch offs while blow drying their balls and talking about facebook posts im a goddamn genius

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
The parking lot at the grocery store was already filled with other old people sitting in their cars staring at the world.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Robo Reagan posted:

a young redneck comes in to buy dip and a mountain dew before his 6am shift at the factory. its going to be a long 8 hours. he peers forlornly at the benches. he knows what the future holds

good

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

what I'm reading here is that not smoking means I deal with way less old people

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

for old people the workflow is like: hanging with your family ---> hanging out alone in public ---> old folks home ---> death. what you are seeing at the gas station is old people in the second phase of elderly existence.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

resistentialism posted:

yet because i smoke I probably won't ever have to be old myself... hmm toss up.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

resistentialism posted:

But smoking helps you not become an old person. Truly a paradox.

unknown butthole
Jan 2, 2020

The old customs remain
and the ancient gods live on
if only you could buy gasoline online

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
at least once a week one of the olds in line with me tells me that cigarettes are bad for me

im like yeah thats the point you loving fossil

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Icochet posted:

People getting owned by stationary geezers itt. Nice.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

VikingSkull posted:

old people, can't they die

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Obsidianheart posted:

I don't know about that, I kinda make it a habit not to start telling my whole life story to random strangers who obviously have no loving interest for it.

Wait, what am I doing right now?

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Over here every Tim Horton's has its regular half-dozen to a dozen of olds that spend every hour of every day there, it's basically their only social life.
I cannot say anything against that, good for them they get to socialize at all, I'm just glad I'm not them and I hope I never get to that.

Hopefully when I'm 80 years old there will still be a Geriatric Bullshit forum to fill that void.

BTW have you guys seen that new ad on the TV? You know the one I'm talking about? Ha! The things they come up with!