Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Zaphod42 posted:

Something about the ship's controls only being registered to his biometrics so it only will respond to him.

The real captain set it to him and Clark and then died, so now they can't change it.

Which, that seems really hokey to me. Like even if that were the case, couldn't he then like, "log in" and then grant permission to someone else?? (Billie)

But I guess they wouldn't know how, too incompetent. But you'd think Billie could talk him through giving her permission and then she could fly it, at least better than him.

I thought once he got fired that would have resolved the situation as another captain could be assigned but he got unfired before I'd even finished that thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

The_Doctor posted:

My guess is we’ll see other human space stuff out there from next season onwards. The indications are there that there’s more humanity out in the solar system (Spike was the 30th person on Mars and that was clearly some time ago, the ship is an old freighter [travelling from earth to where?], the moon is a prison, etc.

The background we get is that humanity is now heavily in space, but they’re conspicuously absent in the show. Possibly now that Ave5 is wildly off course, they’ll start running into other areas.

It'll be like the 100 Surprise! We've actually visited other solar systems because why not