Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Checking in from the men's side. Wife (31) and myself (34) have been trying since last fall -- at first once/twice a week or so while missing some weeks, since March have been trying to ramp it up. Wife has been actively tracking using the built-in iPhone app for the last two-ish months.

She's been feeling down because it's taken so long (in her mind), she's worried about being too old, has stress from work, etc. Having a mini baby-boom amongst my friends and some of her colleagues isn't exactly helping either.

I'm trying to do research on any supplements or other signs we can do. I'm trying to focus on patience, but she's not handling that part of it super well either :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The missus met with a friend in December and wound up discussing “can’t have baby” issues, turns out the friend and her husband had faced similar and could recommend a clinic locally. So we’re booked for a first visit and round of testing for both of us on Saturday. I’ve been tasked to go pick up a sample cup from there to prepare ahead of time :v:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Went through the battery of tests at the clinic, my wife three different times due to the wonders of the menstrual cycle timing, and the first notice we’ve gotten something was abnormal is related to her PRL hormone levels. The blood test flagged her as having the PRL levels seen in a second-trimester pregnancy! So step one is medicine to try and lower those.

I’m guessing it’s related to stress, because none of the other common factors are relevant. We’ll see! There’s one more test scheduled for another week or so.