Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

I would currently be embarrassed that I used to be a Dilbert fan, but… I never really liked Dilbert that much.

Khanstant posted:

Goddamn thermometers full of red lies

Be like Scott. Break them open. Drink the contents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I used to draw my own comics that I eventually wanted to make into webcomics and I copied a lot of different artists in that process.

The three I liked best were RPGWorld by Ian-Jones Quartey who went on to work on and make cartoon network shows, he was legit talented.

I did Penny Arcade and eventually grew enough to be embarrassed by that.

I never liked Dilbert's art and thought the jokes were all too... idk what to call em, but I didn't think it was funny or agree with the whining or gripes, seemed like everyone sucked in it.
I did however like PvPOnline which isn't very good, unique, or interesting. Still better than Dilbert but not enough to not be compared to Dilbert. I think the creator of that is just eating table scraps from the penny arcade guys now.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Khanstant posted:

I did however like PvPOnline which isn't very good, unique, or interesting. Still better than Dilbert but not enough to not be compared to Dilbert. I think the creator of that is just eating table scraps from the penny arcade guys now.

timestamped:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgEZSzkAVEY&t=199s

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Khanstant posted:

I never liked Dilbert's art and thought the jokes were all too... idk what to call em

Because they are not jokes. Majority of his comic strips are an idea for or a preform of a joke. There is setup but no payoff. Sometimes there isn't even a setup and it's just smug nerd thinking he is funny just, well, by thinking he is funny.