Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Cubone posted:

been squinting at this one like a riddle

I see the
but, the joke, dear god

stripped down and workshopped, I think it would look something like this:
OR
it's unclear, because the joke is so poorly told
why are they even talking about nuclear weapons? it just creates this extra leap the audience has to make either that, because india criminalized homosexuality, that means they want to nuke gay people, or that because they're unscientific they would use nuclear weapons to destroy their own landmarks
without that leap, dilbert's remark makes no sense as a reply to what asok was saying, and even so, what he says is the first half of a punchline that he just leaves hanging for asok to finish, which asok would have no way of intuiting. this reads like a story written by a patient suffering from brain damage that's used in a psychology class to demonstrate what it looks like when somebody loses the ability to distinguish other people's understanding from their own
asok understands it because adams understands it, so you end up with this broken statler and waldorf exchange being performed for an audience of nobody, squeezed into the last panel because the first two are taken up by a bizarre racist sockpuppet rant, and crippled by the pointless addition of nukes

it is such a bad joke.

the only way to read this strip for it to make any sense is that adams forgot that he was writing two characters
he got so wrapped up in trying to get digs in at astrologists and addressing india's status as a nuclear power that he lost his theory of mind
he got so distracted by his own STEMlord jerk-off pontification that he forgot how to conceptualize human beings having different thoughts and feelings
(which, in a way, summarizes his entire career)

Gayyyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

FormaldehydeSon posted:

I unironically found this funny. Am I racist?

It's from like 30 years ago when dilbert was relevant

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

The_Continental posted:

Whether or not he's a racist doesn't really matter considering he has no morals whatsoever outside of tenacious self promotion. He loves Trump because Trump steamrolls through his own mistakes and appears unflappable.

Scott Adams has carefully cultivated this air of "smartest guy in the room" with the intention of gaining wealth and influence. All he cares about is personal success, which he then inflates to act as an expert on any given subject. Rinse and repeat.

So hes just like every other stemlord

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
"Steelmanning" dang i expected cringe when i saw the thread title but man you guys still manage tk surprise me

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Sunswipe posted:

That's certainly an interesting hairstyle he's chosen.

It's more accurate to say it was chosen for him

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
The only healing crystals I'm interested in are crystal meth

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Scott Adams confirmed coomer

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
The wizard is named Capitalism *sniff*

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

MikeCrotch posted:

Man Dilbert really took a coarse turn recently huh

This is actually the original Dilberts, which Adams claims credit for. But note that they are funny, which throws this claim into doubt

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

BONGHITZ posted:

these are still so good and i dont think we'll see their like again

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

JAMOOOL posted:

lol 5 pages and not a mention of WhenHub, his app with like 1000 different features but no real use case, that also incorporates its own cryptocurrency for some reason, only really known to the world at large because he used a mass shooting to promote it

its like something out of a Dilbert strip, back when Dilbert was actually kinda good

Wait is this real

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

UltraRed posted:

It's telling that this applies to everyone in the thread.

Adams is peak GBS. Take an advanced idea, gently caress it up, and run with the hosed up idea. No wonder goons hate him.

Except he's rich and has a job and also sex

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
He does seem to have crippling STEM Syndrome and/or mild autism tho so I see what you're getting at

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Shamino posted:

Someone should send Scoot Adams this thread. Lowtax will be able to buy a new spine with all the re-regs/shadow accounts Scott Adams will create to defend himself.

Let's do it

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Dear Scott Adams: I am smarter than you. Prove me wrong

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Do you hate the work done by offshore workers who were paid as little as possible or do you hate the actual offshore workers?

Both

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Nah god is still rhere if you oprn your hrart tk hin

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

FoolyCharged posted:

Didnt he have an incredibly racist nation of dudes living in mud that the company had to visit and work with?

How is that racist

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

BONGHITZ posted:

tiny rapes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Jar jar binks layin down the law right here

Though isn't lena dunham only half white?