Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

FirstAidKite posted:

I actually had a game.com and it was probably the worst gaming device I've ever owned.

Do you still have it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oh poo poo, local game store is just shipping out new releases and their inventory now, gently caress yeah.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Mount & Blade II Bannerlord is loving outstanding and I'll be posting some screenshots and stuff later, but for now please enjoy this massive list of bugs. I adore this game.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/261550/discussions/0/2149847049317941406/

Including:

5. Horses might turn into other horses.
1. Apparently throwing rocks at a wall in sieges can break the wall.
8. Sometimes characters might think you are at war with them even if they are in the same faction.
7. Clicking your own faction name under the kingdoms tab of the encyclopedia will likely freeze and crash your game.
13. Animals cannot use stairs.
Cannot craft axes (or other weapons with only 2 components).
Trying to end a mission when you are over capacity (too much loot), instead of just not letting you do that, the game will instead start to lag really hard (single digit FPS, down from 100+) and then CTD. Tried to send a bug report, but the bug reporter also crashed.
!!!DON'T WALK AROUND TOWN IN PEN CANNOC!!! OR SIEGE IT!!! Just stay away from there, 'tis a silly place.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

kids these days have it too easy, you just tattle to isabelle and she puts the offending loser in a boat and shoves them off

I thought it was like that but if you complain to Isabelle she only lets you reset their clothes/speech I guess because people might corrupt your villagers with rude and/or lewd custom designs/phrases

she said she would talk to nate for me but clearly he can't take a hint

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

iirc you can just arbitrarily remove people for a new villager now and thats the mechanic

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cherish all your villagers, even the lame ones

al-azad
May 28, 2009

for real, every time I see someone erase that squirrels unibrow I'm glad humanity is dying off

Cowcaster posted:

as someone who's not tapped into the animal crossing zeitgeist preferring one colorful cartoon animal villager over another is incomprehensible to me. do they give you different resources if you have the right ones or something?

The English AC commercials are so spot on about what you actually do in AC that I'm surprised Nintendo just doesn't keep showing it with every new game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EVeHRhRdaU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

haveblue posted:

When I first heard the name "animal crossing", not knowing anything about what you actually do in the game, I assumed it was about creating horrifying genetic abominations

You're thinking of Impossible Creatures Starring REX CHANCE

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Who are the worst and best villagers from each personality type and why

I'll type up a response in a bit but I thought it'd be a fun question to ask first

Ometeotl posted:

Do you still have it?

Not on me but there's a decent chance it is packed away at my mother's house with the rest of my things. I'm likely not gonna see it again though because 1. the only game I had on it was really really bad (it was batman) and 2. don't really feel safe going back to that place yet, especially to dig around for a game.com

homeless snail posted:

the closest factorio really comes to critique of pollution is one the bugs don't like it when you pollute and that attracts them to your factory (so you build a bunch of guns to shoot the bugs problem solved), and also coal and oil are finite resources so you eventually have to take on the burden of going out and finding new fields to extract and transport to your base if you aren't going solar

but really its final statement is "this isn't earth who cares gently caress it up", its definitely not an environmentalist game

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah factorio is definitely not pro-environment at all

I was mainly basing it off of the steam page description which, to me, reads more than a little bit critical of the game and acknowledging the fact that, when it comes down to it, you're the bad guy here

quote:

Factorio is a game in which you build and maintain factories. You will be mining resources, researching technologies, building infrastructure, automating production and fighting enemies. In the beginning you will find yourself chopping trees, mining ores and crafting mechanical arms and transport belts by hand, but in short time you can become an industrial powerhouse, with huge solar fields, oil refining and cracking, manufacture and deployment of construction and logistic robots, all for your resource needs. However this heavy exploitation of the planet's resources does not sit nicely with the locals, so you will have to be prepared to defend yourself and your machine empire.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 31, 2020

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah you are very definitely the bad guy in factorio

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i am factorio i need fossil fuels for my coal hole

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Cowcaster posted:

i'm beginning to think i'm not animal crossing's target audience for some reason

The only way you could make me play that game was by actively paying me money for it, but I've always considered not every game being for everyone largely a positive thing anyway. Plus lord knows I've my own backlog to work through.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i've often spent time lost in thought trying to figure out a way to say a game "isn't for me" in a way that doesn't sound like every game must be made specifically for me and have yet to come up with a decent solution

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

i am factorio i need fossil fuels for my coal hole

he said "frack," huh huh huh

Cowcaster posted:

i've often spent time lost in thought trying to figure out a way to say a game "isn't for me" in a way that doesn't sound like every game must be made specifically for me and have yet to come up with a decent solution

it's trash and everyone who likes it should die

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stux posted:

ac really isnt about resources, it kind of is early on especially with this one but its a long form game and the main focus is chilling with animal friends and decorating
I'm so glad caring about freakin Wood And Rocks stops after day 6, animal crossing is small town urban fantasy not Wood Simulator

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

"it's not you it's me"

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

FirstAidKite posted:

Not on me but there's a decent chance it is packed away at my mother's house with the rest of my things. I'm likely not gonna see it again though because 1. the only game I had on it was really really bad (it was batman) and 2. don't really feel safe going back to that place yet, especially to dig around for a game.com

Yeah fair enough.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
in my attempt to take the longest worldwide to complete xenoblade 2, i pick it up and durdle around every few months and this time i have no recollection of what i am supposed to be doing and no main quests.

i never looked into the customizable difficulty options but they're real good, probably what should be standard for the genre. might jack it down and burn through it and some point soon

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Stux posted:

ac really isnt about resources, it kind of is early on especially with this one but its a long form game and the main focus is chilling with animal friends and decorating

https://twitter.com/KnightCarmine/status/1244392945056276482?s=19

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

some people say there is no such thing as playing the game wrong, however there is

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

stux is literally begging me to fence turnips for him on an island he can't get to right now

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

that's a turnip for the books

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

who the heck says there's no such thing as playing a game wrong

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddiums favorite hobby is to see me say something and powerbomb me into a table asap

anyway selling ur turnies high to a price that happens to come along isnt the same as spreadsheet analyzing your turnip trends!!!!!!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

who the heck says there's no such thing as playing a game wrong
weaklings

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
trying to find a video of the part in myth 2 where NPCs talk about buying the world's biggest turnip but not having a lot of luck

this'll do I guess

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

my friends from home and I are tracking our turnip prices so we can figure out who's gonna have the best

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

haveblue posted:

trying to find a video of the part in myth 2 where NPCs talk about buying the world's biggest turnip but not having a lot of luck

this'll do I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PhZgSON5gM

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

my friends from home and I are tracking our turnip prices so we can figure out who's gonna have the best

How does that work? Do they follow a trajectory across the week?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

there are patterns

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

stev posted:

How does that work? Do they follow a trajectory across the week?

it's a Google Docs spreadsheet that it looks like he pulled from the Idle Thumbs reddit or something that describes how there's only a few specific patterns that the turnip prices follow, so if you can chart them you'll get an idea of how much it's going to be and therefore when to sell

it's literally the stalk market

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I don't feel like writing the same reasons over and over since the reasons tend to come down to "I like their design" and "They were in my village and were cool" or "I don't like their design" and "They were in my village and they were awful."

Best villagers from each personality type:

Chief (Cranky)
Bud (Jock)
Bob (Lazy)
Zell (Smug)
Celia (Normal)
Tangy (Peppy)
Ankha (Snooty)
Katt (Uchi)

Worst villagers from each personality type:

Wart Jr. (Cranky)
Stinky (Jock)
Alfonso (Lazy)
Beardo (Smug)
Gayle (Normal)
Apple (Peppy)
Pancetti (Snooty)
Diva (Uchi)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what's "uchi" is it the umami of personalities

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it's literally the stalk market

bean counting

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

"My taste in video games sucks"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm sure your taste in videogames is fine in its own way live ammo cosplay

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
It didn't occur to me that the leaks we've been getting in regards to some Nintendo news could have been the result of a hack until I saw this thread and then I was like, oh yeah, the private press materials/marketing servers could have gotten hacked and had stuff like this.

And then I kinda felt bad for whoever this hacker was because they are going to get put through the loving wringer in court when they're found. Not if they're found but when they're found.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I thought the leaks were because hotgirl69 knew how to get Nintendo uncles to open up about the latest projects

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

believe in hotgirlvideos69

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Hello I dropped out of this thread a while back but I love you all and I'm thinking of you xx see you in next month's thread where I'm not scared of the ~1500 posts I've missed