Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

As someone who isn't going to get the FF7 Remake, is the plot from the leaked version of the game worth reading through for all the changes it makes or is it mostly just to make it less nonsensical and more coherent

As someone who doesn't know, you should not read it because why do you even cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Because I'm hoping for something along the lines of Tidus kicking a bomb thinking its a Blitzball and exploding, you weirdo

I just read the whole thing and he does this no less than 3 times! What the heck is he even doing here lmao, and as a human-chocobo hybrid no less

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SeXReX posted:

Instead of gaming today I think I'm gonna go try and feel the bern if the lines aren't already too long to let everyone in

someone gave paid me in drugs last year to design them a "feel the bern" pin with a rainbow and stuff and I am only know realizing it was a bernie thing lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

i just want to play as Krieg in every game

The lack of Krieg is 100% why IDGAF about BL3. That character totally changed that kind of FPS for me. I went from basically hating it to having a blast. I'm not good at aiming and I don't enjoy it, it all reminds me of Duck Hunt and I wasn't good at and didn't enjoy that then either. Krieg was perfect for me, I get stronger by by getting shot and charging the enemy like a loon, I go on a berserker rage, and one of my best powers is to die. If I die hard enough, I actually don't die at all! The lack of this archetype in BL3 makes me seriously doubt what they think made their game fun in the first place.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
hey yall, got trapped in the future last night and I'm allowed to bring you spoilers from the end of 2020 -- but only one.

Do u want to know about Animal Crossing, our new government, or the lottery number?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

al-azad posted:

I would ask if the PS5 launch games are good but historically I know the answer to this

lmao yeah i'm in the future and I looked up console games issues

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
alright im choosing the future news I deliver: there's no more consoles by december, pc finally made it's move and successfully put down the console threat. you heard it here folks, the console wars end this year. pull out your controllers while u still can

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
that's turn based. rtwp is a niche extreme. turn based is people who cant be bothered to make tough choices so they need the whole system to stop and grind to a halt while they pick out a milquetoast option when they're told they are allowed to

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
those arcade games where you're on rails and you either kill whoever they put before you, put in more quarters, or die

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
why would you need more than the rudimentary AI for RTWP? All RtwP games are easy and cheesey. I keep having to jump the difficulty in Kingmaker rn because every fight ends before I ever need to pause and plan something.

Lurdiak posted:

This is the blaming the voters for the government's corruption of game design.

the voters can guillotine the government at any time, we are all 2 blame... 4 game design...

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
does anyone else believe you guys when you say you play Eurolopea Vernisalis? maybe it's just me but Eurivalist Unipean IV just sounds like something somebody puts on their bookshelf to impress some qt europologist or whatever

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

RTWP being associated with D&D games is weird because D&D is recently turn based

It's weird but it does make some sense. D&D is turn based out of necessity, but the action itself is real-time and you're able to concurrently do things or react to actions.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

What's even the point then if you have to play 5e and can't be a druid

I'm playing a weekly 5E game and I have a vague idea of druids supposedly being somewhat OP, but our druid just wants to change into a bear or whatever and slash at people even though he has some kind of nuclear moon strike available to him. Plus he got "HOT PISS" tattoo'd on his face and probably an STD from a dwarf

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
idk, wanting to gently caress trees is a pretty interesting quirk to build off of RP wise

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Druids might be a bit shafted being clerics-but-with-leafs half the time, but at least they get a class and something of a spellbook.

AFAIK Pathfinder is the only place where Witch has a formal class and mechanics, despite Witches being way more prevalent in fantasy and our culture than druids.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Baldur's Gate 3? Ok whatever. Pathfinder War of the Righteous has Witches as a base class. You know where to find me in 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

If you're a druid, you can be a dog with a pet dog

Like, what's not to like

there's enough dogs at work, i don't need to be one in my videogames. they never let me be the animals i want to be. ant, wasp, worm, butterfly, grasshopper, eel, octopus, barnacle, bacteria, etc..

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I really enjoy posting in the one thread on the internet where Sacrifice is mentioned casually often. are there any good gifs of a manahoar, i want it for av. i liked how everything flop/jiggled in that game

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Druid is just latinization of the Celtic word for priest

the only thing left of their loser religion is one basketball team so at least druid hides their devotion to a lost cause

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Everyone's fine eating sequels and re-releases of food but you do it with a videogame and it's like suddenly everyone is... fine playing sequels and re-releases

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just don't buy the argument on the face of "fewer great games" because they tend to rest on narrow definitions of what counts as "great"

And this is the same thing as with the Joseph Anderson videos, I will watch in-depth documentaries that actually investigate a subject but if you're doing some op-ed opinion piece I will at best look at a summary of your argument to see whether it's worth even bothering, I'm not going to watch clips of random unrelated game footage while you slowly speak through your ideas, this should not take you 30+ minutes

Having watched 6 hours of joseph anderson noah caldwell last night, I'm with you on this. There's a big difference between an excessively long analysis of a game and someone taking too-long to essentially say "this thing sucks" or whatever. Seent a half hour video the other day of someone bellyaching about the term "immersive sim" and I figured it would just be the same as any random reddit comment whining about the actual words in the genre title and it was, but you know, took half hour instead of a minute.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I always thought dragons in Skyrim were really unimpressive, they make them up to be this big threat but you kill one right away, they stay easy as pie and the way to fight them doesnt change

I just hated how much of a pain in the as they were. Basically just big, worse cliffracers. But at least Morrowind gave you the liberty to make a custom spell to instantly kill all cliffracers in a wide area. In Skyrim when a cliffracer attacks, they want to make it this Ordeal, and you're stuck tryin to aim some anti-air shout or wait for it to land and hope you don't get arrested because you accidentally hit a chicken with collateral damage.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Just started Luigi's Mansion and I'm a little too quick for them, I can already tell these hotel workers are just ghosts who died working under inhumane conditions

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The Witcher is just the Night Man

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SeXReX posted:

The Nancy animated shorts that exist are all way propaganda and that makes me sad

Ignoring how freaky Nancy looks at times, and the propa, this coulda been a fun cartoon series. a lot of old nancy gags could work in a cartoon and it could play with being a cartoon like it does being a comic

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

In Two Point Hospital is it a glitch or just weird design that doctors + nurses even if they're not tired will decide to stop working/leave their office/walk around the hospital doing nothing for days even if there are patients waiting until you manually drag them back

I tried putting fancy chairs in their offices but they still leave!!

What prestige level are the offices, seems like they'll work longer if their office is nice but it could've just been my imagination. I've also had issues with pathing, like I'd put a plant or something a little too close to the door or walkway and there'd be heaps of people dying despite being 2 feet away from cure.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVCbRl_Y7M8

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
did we lose or gain?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SeXReX posted:

"gently caress we just lost an hour of valuable crunch time" - some fuckstick who gets paid more money than this entire thread combined

yoo today is sunday, right? dont tell me im supposed to be at work rn

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah if you had told me this was made in Dreams I would believe you and be impressed

https://twitter.com/frankcifaldi/status/1236769589444276225

Geez, now I know why the other guy always insisted on driving.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Heya! It's me, Imoen!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The main thing I remember about Jack is that she had a tragic, hosed up backstory that garnered sympathy and explained why she was the way she was... but they deliver all this stuff while she's wearing just a couple leather straps looking like she's about to shoot some hardcore fetish video in a basement.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I couldn’t remember the sexy robot from mass effect 3’s exact name, and I tried really, really hard...

hint: her name kind of sounds like the thing that old mans with a problem can't get anymore even when they look at the sexy robot

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

And then, like all good therapists, you gently caress her.

Yikes! Femshep's VA is superior so I've always played as her and I don't think that's an option for Jack. What's the current meta on RPG romance anyway? Ignoring, like, the POS people who cried about Dragonspear or whatever, is the best policy just making every romanceable NPC playersexual or is it preferred that characters be written with a sexual preference in mind? Or is it the third option, where we acknowledge romance between two pre-written characters is likely beyond the majority for VG writers, and that romance between a pre-written character and a nebulous avatar PC, who could be anything from a lawful stupid gnome to some cartoon-evil floating lizard butthole, is basically beyond all writers.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

As a straight dude who tries to be woke I feel that making companions always thirsty for the player character regardless of gender is reductive to the human experience, but also representation is important, so I don’t know

I'm 185 hours into Kingmaker rn and there are supposedly several romance options available. To the game's credit, I don't know if it's because my PC is a woman, if it's because she's a semi-evil inquisitor, or if I'm just not being a creep to them but basically nobody has started a romance with me. There are two characters who are in some nebulous relationship and they've both flirted with me but it doesn't go anywhere to worry about. Valerie is this tower-shield carrying tank warrior who loving hates it when people make a big deal about her beauty. There have been uncomfortable dialogue options before to be like "hurr hurr but did u know actually u r SO PRETTY" and poo poo like that, but it always came after these convos about how disrespected she felt because that's all people ever focused on. Her whole character and arc basically revolves around this, and yet, it seems that was their idea of how to start the romance. I never picked any of that poo poo to say, so there's no relationship triggered there either.

There is an evil tiefling who offers to have sex with your PC pretty casually, but I have since learned ever doing that locks you out of a relationship with her/her. I ain't buggin', I didn't know the game had relationships at all until seeing it in some comment chain. Plus, realistically seems like the Queen would be too busy for a relationship anyway.

In the Varnhold DLC, there wasn't time for any romance options, but you there is a quest dude you talk to and if you're the type of person to exhaust dialogue options with an NPC, one of them takes you straight to some fade-to-black property-damaging gay sex. Some pretty casual progressive action for russian devs!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Look, we all want to be devoured by cell's slimy appendages but u don't have to make it some pervert's thing

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

What games lift their entire plot from the bible? I know a lot of games lift names and elements from the bible and religion at large but I can't think of any off the top of my head that actually adapt the bible, only certain ideas and characters.

What would a game that even adapted the entire bible be like? Some of it seems straightforward, bible starts off with some SimEarth poo poo, got Animal Crossing Eden for a little while, there are some clear third person action segments, some areas with light puzzle solving, walking simulator sections, zoo tycoon for that ark saga, Saul's chock full of cool demon summoning and magic and other DnD stuff, Age of Mythology/Empires here and there, some room for Ultima RPG action... but there's also a ton of poo poo in the Bible that would be much harder to include.

A lot of bible books about just rules for old times jewish people, lists of dead people, creepy incest, people trying to spoil and leak future books' events, god delivering on vague threats to his own chosen people, and people talking about how hard it was to build this or that, or how pissed god was that they built/did that or this. There's a couple books that are just horny notes this dude wrote for someone he was crushing on. There's another story I remember where God is really pissed about cum and people putting cum on the ground and demanding they put cum in their dead brothers wife or whatever. Other stuff seems clear it could work in a videogame, but then it's unclear what your actual role would be mechanically.

God sending bears to attack and kill a bunch of petulant children is something we can all see in a videogame in our minds, but are we the bears? Are we the kid, the old man, God zirself?!

The Gospels would be interesting since a lot of it is just reposts with one version being written by some rear end in a top hat who's OC self-insert essentially replaces Jesus and rewrites and co-opts the entire religion for the rest of history lol.

An actual, start-to-finish Bible game would be an incredible project, you'd have to be making like 100 different games into one.

Best Videogame Noah of All Time

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Mar 10, 2020

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Sports games are usually horrible without some kind of whacky gimmick thrown in. Most of the interesting stuff about Sports is lost in the the translation to videogame or just can't work because you aren't playing with your body

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

you think sekiro is a souls game your opinion means very little to me

Sekiro is way too good to be lumped in the the souls squad

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Just ride it out man, I had hella teeth growing in all sorts of wonky ways and the dentists were all "we need to install hooks and chains in there or a tooth will grow into your brain and youll die" but they never did it and now m mouth is fine. I just have a few sideways teeth in the back and my jaw hurts sometimes, who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

You're literally asking me to ride out having a cratering infection in my gum that gives me pain anywhere from 1 to 5 between the tooth, the gums, my ear, and my head.

you know what they say, whatever kills you makes u stronger