Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My March game is Final Fantasy V, played for the first time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

Bernie but big boobs

Horny is dead put it back in your pants 2020 is a chaste year

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
no bowsette so I voted 5

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
SM64 is the second best mario game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

the math blaster boss in ff14 shows that pop math quizzes are a bad idea, unless you like watching people be bad at math

I can't help but smile at the existence of a boss that kills anybody who thinks 1 is prime

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm still waiting for the Ultimecia's castle alliance raid

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

witches and trains both own

hell yeah

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

uh witches commune with satan and abduct children on their flying brooms and use them to make their potions. i cant believe i'm posting on a freakin witch friendly forum...

yeah but sometimes they're sassy

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I am probably about halfway through FFV now? I'm in the second world. I beat the dragon grass boss before quitting for the night.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
yeah the bronze age collapse is a more useful model than literal extinction

I sure as hell wouldn't have wanted to live through the bronze age collapse though

A Sanders presidency would spend all its political capital on M4A which, while an intensely good thing, would make absolutely no progress on climate front. If you were a single issue climate change voter, there was no candidate for you this presidential election

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Mar 4, 2020

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

if I'm significantly less than halfway then the game will risk overstaying its welcome

it's good but it's a ton worse than the other golden age (~4-10) final fantasies

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

The golden age of ff is disc 4 of ff8 to disc 1.5 of ff9

disc 4 is just time compression, right

I don't remember exactly where the disc boundaries are but the disc where you go into space is the best one

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
not clicking that spoiler cause I enjoy being blind but I'm glad to hear that I'm at least like, 40% of the way through

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

actually positivity is the bad one that rots your brain, pessimism keeps you grounded

yeah I'm gonna go ahead and agree with kraken that this kind of posting sucks rear end and if this is your real unironic outlook you should probably try to get some help

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Video Games can we get some modding in here your post didn't help

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
RTWP being associated with D&D games is weird because D&D is recently turn based

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is there an ironicat big enough for Stux telling someone else their posts are unwanted

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Kerrzhe posted:

all i asked for was RPGs where i could play as a druid and now even baldur's gate 3 doesn't have the druid class

What's even the point then if you have to play 5e and can't be a druid

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The 7th Guest posted:

establishment posters have voted and atelier rorona is surging ahead in the polls

at a local rally in a cracker barrel, "It's Her Time" and "Puni-sh the Rich" signs were waved

supporters of Atelier Ryza are calling foul, claiming the 'safe' pick has been pre-determined by the media for years

My preferred candidate was Ayesha but I will support Rorona now that she's dropped out

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you're a druid, you can be a dog with a pet dog

Like, what's not to like

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Druid is just latinization of the Celtic word for priest

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I didn't respond to it right away but I would like to explicitly congratulate the puni-sh pun

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Nelke is a spinoff whose main point of dun is watching your fave alchemists make friends with each other, if you have no idea who they are its just a lovely game

It's still not incredible even if you do

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

I wouldn't vote for someone that hasn't already played all the ateliers, including atelier annie

Annie sucks but I played it

May I count on your vote

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Khanstant posted:

there's enough dogs at work, i don't need to be one in my videogames. they never let me be the animals i want to be. ant, wasp, worm, butterfly, grasshopper, eel, octopus, barnacle, bacteria, etc..

I played a druid with a giant beetle animal companion once

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My current tabletop RPG is a homebrew hack of blades set in a sunless sea style setting and it's pretty good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Honestly if a system needs prepwork that can't be done while taking a walk on a weekend and thinking about cool stuff that might happen next time, I just don't run the system. I don't want to have homework to run a game. Though I'm pretty far on the improv style of GMing. The other GM in our group (running the sunless blades game) is the type who can't do large-scale improv and needs to know at least in broad strokes what's coming up next to work with

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

I read the starter situation in the book then just did the whole session off the cuff

Yeah that's the right way to do blades.

Did the session end up as a yakety sax comedy of errors because I find that to be the system's default state

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Atelier Annie is a very funny game and Annie herself is probably my favorite alchemist but her game sucks rear end it's a real shame

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
are the enemies still bizarre jokey monstrosities or did they all get replaced with things that make sense

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
people emphasize hell house because it's the first truly bizarre FF7 enemy but there isn't a single enemy who isn't at least a little weird

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Kerrzhe posted:

i would like to play FF7 remake because i never played the original so i would like to see how well it stands on its own without all the nostalgia

but i don't have a playstation and i have no idea when it's coming out on pc

you can do that right now without waiting for the remake on most platforms

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

I’ve heard a rumour that video games are good

you can't believe everything you read on the internet

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I wasn't expecting a diatribe against historical fiction in here but I guess everyone's gotta have something they hate

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Not even that, the leadup to the final route that doesn't require a lock where the game tells you all about Alice.

e: I'm doing the bosses tell all now

Pretty sure that's locked behind either the Mizuki or Ota ending

e: with the path I took, that route had two or three (I forget exactly) separate locks in it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Races are almost universally worse than solo speedruns. The more racers the worse. The one exception is randomizers, or other games where you can have people race on the same seed of a game where you have to route on the fly

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Waltzing Along posted:

???

Did you mean a different game? VLR is the 2nd game in a different series.

AI is the same author so people think of it as zero escape-ish even if its not actually the same series

It is zero escape ish and might even obliquely be the same universe, though it's about completely different things

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
When I beat a new game I'll pretty often go watch the world record for it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The lore is pretty white bread but I will enjoy any number of hours of open world fantasy adventure simulator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I will walk back the vitriol of my comments but lol when people cheered for a title card of Elder Scrolls VI in front of some generic mountains

I was cheering in my heart

Honestly even as many issues as fallout 4 had I still liked it a lot, and if it had been a setting I liked more than fallout's (which includes generic-rear end fantasy) then I would have liked it even more