Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Normally I would say no bowsette no vote but in a new year it’s time to move on and vote for Doom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

Forget bowsette, give me bayonette

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
D3 is very intentionally not like the other dooms, it's a slow and creepy horror game that wants to scare you more than thrill you (and most of its scares are of the cheap "suddenly an enemy appears behind you!" kind).

Weedle posted:

I've played a little over half an hour of Doom 3 on medium difficulty and so far the most monsters I have fought at one time is two

The average GPU of 2004 couldn't handle more than two enemies in that engine.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Quake Champions may be good at the sick 360 noscope railgun aspect of Quake but they should make a new game for the other aspect which is leaping through a portal from a tech base into a mouldering eldritch castle and blowing up knights in armor with a rocket launcher

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I agree with the last guy, he looks too soft to kick properly

Also wouldn't inflating himself just increase drag and slow him down?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Nah, think about it like the difference between a fully inflated soccer ball and a flat one

Yeah but I'm talking about the difference between a fully inflated soccer ball and a fully inflated beach ball

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There was a direct sequel to Quake 2, Quake 4

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Does the Quake franchise obey the same rule as Star Trek movies

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

al-azad posted:

No because Quake 1 is like the purest 3D FPS, basically the true 3D sequel to Doom, and Quake 3 was the king of deathmatch games for years. Quake 2 and 4 are alright but it's very obvious in their design that id was chasing fad designs of their time instead of being trailblazers.

So it's the exact opposite rule then

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Melinda Medianmelons

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

But who is doom slayer endorsing

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Trained in the deadly art of jiu titsu

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
teat kune do

bapoeira

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The kool-aid corporation would like to remind you the cult drank flavor-aid not kool-aid

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

TBQH I could probably be persuaded to become history's greatest monster if people exploded in showers of loot when they died IRL.

Weird way to advocate raising the estate tax

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What is "blackpilling"

Gazing too long into the Reddit abyss

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hell yeah east coast

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
ZombiE3

Cowcaster posted:

niche gimmick for tech junkies that will probably stay a niche gimmick for at least a as long as it requires more money, space, and accommodations than hooking a game console up to a tv and using a controller

Yeah, it's occupying a space sort of aligned to things like HOTAS, fight sticks, ultrawide 144hz monitors, etc. Yes, it's a unique and in many ways better experience compared to a basic setup. But it's also one with significant demands on your money, real estate, and proportion of your headspace you feel comfortable dedicating to gaming.

I still use my PSVR every so often (most recently to try to check out the latest NMS update) but only ever sitting down because I'm afraid I'll accidentally Beat Saber a cat or something

haveblue fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 5, 2020

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DC Murderverse posted:

What's the cause here: coronavirus? incompetence? incompetence exacerbated by coronavirus?

...coronavirus exacerbated by incompetence???

100% coronavirus. Expos and conferences are getting canceled left and right in every major industry, especially tech.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Does this mean it works with stock chromecasts now or do you still need a special one

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

precision posted:

Do they just not have humans look at these? It makes no sense.

Probably not, yeah. I don't know what the uptake is for PSN subs but they must have tens of millions of users and Sony isn't going to pay enough support people to read and thoroughly investigate every report that comes in. They can escalate and investigate the accounts that get a lot of reports in a short time because that's probably a human being an rear end in a top hat but if you ban a spambot it'll just come back as a new free account.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Saint Freak posted:

Oh man I thought it was Nioh that was the big Cornelius Boots Kerfuffle but I guess that was Ghosts of Tsushima which is apparently a different(?) game.

Yeah, Boots was featured the last time they dropped a big Tsushima trailer which I feel was at least two years ago at this point

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Propaganda Hour posted:

Some people noticed funky stuff happening on their website last week. A few amnesia related pages updating and placeholder links being put up. Other than that, completely out of the blue.

There was some kind of ARG happening that turned up mysterious video clips but I guess it never escaped the Frictional community.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Inglourious Basterds was a documentary, we're just living in the wrong timeline

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
CTF-MushroomWorlds

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
mods embed this as thread bgm thanks

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We're talking about the Arkham Knight batmobile again so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj5_xbC_eUk

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
2K is the third major publisher to have all their games removed from geforce now

Did nVidia just not investigate any of the rights issues involved in a service like that? Or do they see it as a threat?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The 7th Guest posted:

i would not be surprised if last of us pt 2 got delayed to avoid a depressed turnout at retail from virus panicking

Naughty Dog head writer hastily doing a global search and replace from “cordyceps” to “coronavirus”

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

precision posted:

"Irony is the shackles of youth" was sang 26 years ago now

It's never gonna go away because people who cloak their entire identity in layers of irony seem to never change, if anything they just get worse as they grow older

Eventually the self dissolves and it’s just irony all the way down

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Market’s dyin, cloud

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Grouchio posted:

Is it really bad karma to cheer on stock market crashes or the death of Bitcoin? :thunk:

You can cheer so long as you are mindful of all the people who will be hurt by it

At least in the case of the stock market, anyone who would be hurt by a Bitcoin crash deserves it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

homeless snail posted:

it's finally time to release my putt buttigieg themed point and click adventure game. but first to check the news and see how he did on super tuesday

Is this a typo or a clever name for buttigieg-themed minigolf

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RBA Starblade posted:

I want a friendly Doomguy in Animal Crossing and a helpful mayoral assistant in Doom Eternal

Swap the voice resource files of Isabel and VEGA

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kerrzhe posted:

okami is still the best three zelda games

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Everyone loves milkshake kirby news twitter person

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Looper posted:

honestly it'd be faster to name the dragon ball characters who don't fight with goku at some point. i think you've got uh, turtle. and trunks

Trunks briefly fights with Goku when first introduced just to establish that they’re both badasses

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CottonWolf posted:

El Shaddai

:jewish: The Book of Enoch is not part of the Bible (at least not according to Jewish tradition or the Vatican)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Halo 1 vehicles when used properly were insanely overpowered, they didn’t have good counters until later games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

what if something important is in the popup someday

Well maybe the taxman shouldn't have used it to goatse his entire userbase then