Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

al-azad posted:

Maybe this will actually encourage ISP's to upgrade their decades old infrastructure.

It probably will, cell service got a whole lot better after everything overloaded and crashed during 9/11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Marauder is the absolute worst part of Doom Eternal and if there's more than one of these assholes I'm playing the rest of the game with every cheat code turned on

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Also, I'm wondering what an FPS like Doom is going to be like with a game controller. I'm used to playing FPSs on a computer, with only a few exceptions a long time ago. Goldeneye on N64 was always kind of janky in comparison with the thumbstick. I remember Halo doing better, but both of them were kind of slowed down, it seemed, than PC FPSs, to compensate for the inaccuracy of thumbsticks. Have they fixed that or is it just kind of how it is?

It's not that bad. Like you noticed, FPSes designed with consoles in mind tend to be slower-paced and don't ask you to do anything a controller can't handle. Things have changed a lot since Goldeneye, we've learned how to make first-person movement look and feel better and how to add assistance "cheats" that make it easy to make your character do what you intend without feeling like the game is playing itself for you.

That said, Doom specifically is still a PC FPS at heart and is right at the limit of what the average person with a controller can handle. It has fast movement, fast enemies, and a minimum of aim assistance (possibly none at all).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The trick is apparently that if you dodge the long-range sword bolt attack, they will always run up for a counterable slash. The problem is doing it with any other non-trash enemies around.

Kerrzhe posted:

nah they're not so bad that they ruin the game or anything. they're just the toughest enemy out of all of them.

Nah they’re real bad. Unlike the other enemies you cannot improvise or use half measures to wear them down. Either you do the exact midrange dance needed or you didn’t do anything. No other enemy works like that, they’re like a bad design that escaped from a brawler. You can’t even kill them with the panic button superweapons.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 22, 2020

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don't see the seam but I did notice the two halves of the avatar are different sizes and that is really bothering me for some reason

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Tech trees are a garbage mechanic and there hasn't been a good real-time wargame since Myth 2

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Twitch streaming a VR game seems kinda pointless

I said come in! posted:

I wonder if Valve will eventually consider an update for Alyx makes it so a VR headset is not required. I don't know if there are gameplay mechanics that make this impossible.

All the gameplay mechanics are designed for motion controllers, so this will almost certainly never happen.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Stux posted:

you can stream a normally rendered output to make it watchable

Well yeah but you lose the 3D aspect and a large chunk of the view angle, it just seems so compromised as to be not worth it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Does it still count as changing underwear if you put on the pair you wore just before this pair and keep swapping back and forth? Asking for a friend

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The first gundam I watched was when Cartoon Network started airing Wing in the late 90s and that was... different than I expected.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

What is the video from?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ymgve posted:

no zelda or metroid news though, hotgirl69 lied

hotgirl27 at best, really

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Perfect Blue is eerily relevant with today's deranged fan ownership culture

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
microsoft flight simulator

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Kameo: Elements of Power

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Kameo: Elements of Power is an action-adventure video game developed by Rare and published by Microsoft Game Studios exclusively for the Xbox 360 as a launch title. The player controls the title character Kameo, a 15 year old elf, who journeys to recover her elemental powers and captive family from her outcast sister Kalus and Thorn, the troll king. Kameo's ten elemental powers let her transform into creatures and use their varied abilities to solve combat-oriented puzzles and progress through the game's levels.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PunkBoy posted:

I also remember playing the demo for this, but I forget if it was actually good or not.

It was a skill-based third person action game where you had to constantly do comboes to stay airborne and stunt on huge swarms of bugs. Except that a big part of those comboes was pushing the stick in one direction and clicking it, which was hell on both controllers and hands. I don't know if it was "good" but it was certainly unique.

Also almost entirely eclipsed by Jet Set Radio Future, which the studio released at the same time.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
*squirts at u*

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

f

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

I've been grinding for an insulin drop all day and have gotten 3 straight heating pad duplicates, gently caress dis RMG.

I have all these N95 masks but I'm saving them in case the coronavirus boss shows up

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I remember going to the Nintendo World Store around the time of the Wii U launch and they had Bayonetta 2 up on a 50 inch demo station right in the middle of a huge crowd of kids looking for pokemons or whatever

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Best pope boss fights in games, go

Assassin's Creed 2
Dark Souls 3 I guess?
How many other pope fights are there really

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Are we restricting this to people whose title is literally pope or at least the most senior member of their religion, or any high ranking religious figure because I don't think Credo was the head of whatever church that was

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They were already going to go out of business, this is just making it faster. They announced the other day that 300 stores are closing permanently.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 28, 2020

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also don’t be a land shitlord

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
“You’re in a computer game, Lucky.”

Funny as hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We nagged our parents into getting the astonishingly large 160MB hard disk, who could possibly ever use that much space

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Tiger King is basically Florida Man: The Show (even though most of the people aren't actually in Florida)

"Carole" is Carole Baskin, who runs Big Cat Rescue, the source of most of the viral big cat videos of the past few years, and whose previous husband disappeared under mysterious circumstances. How likely it is that she killed him depends on who you ask, watch the show for more.

vvvvvvv Yes, and it comes up in Tiger King. He ran for president, then for governor later.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 30, 2020

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The 7th Guest posted:

i actually disagree, i think it's a fun conclusion but the reality is probably much more boring, that his plane crashed in the ocean or he did just ghost everyone like he was planning

jeff is the only person in that whole documentary competent enough to actually pull off a murder and even he hosed it up by detailing his plan over phone

e: i think she might have planned for it, including the will, or she might have just been opportunistic, but when they said that john had his pilot license suspended and was still flying, i was like 'yeah this idiot loving crashed'

You'd think that, but check out tweet #12 in this thread from a different journalist who also did a deep-dive story on Joe Exotic.

Really, read the entire thread, if anything the parts that didn't make the cut are even crazier than what's in the show.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Does Gyromancer count? I was never sure if it was officially part of the FF franchise.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm guessing that was due to a period where consumer capture hardware was lagging behind game output. You needed a special card and what was at the time a shitload of HD space to capture SD console games, or a monster PC that could run a cutting-edge game and Fraps at the same time.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I had one of ATI's TV/capture cards around 2000 when I was in college. It worked as advertised, mostly, but capturing was so intensive it was impossible to do anything else with the system while it recorded. Also it put the TV signal onscreen with a chromakey type overlay circuit so anything that was the wrong color would turn into TV sometimes.

At least it involved this incredibly flamboyant breakout box

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's a screenshot for ants.

The ants from Them!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I like whichever one said "covideo games"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
When I first heard the name "animal crossing", not knowing anything about what you actually do in the game, I assumed it was about creating horrifying genetic abominations

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
trying to find a video of the part in myth 2 where NPCs talk about buying the world's biggest turnip but not having a lot of luck

this'll do I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Infinitum posted:

Did you know when you donate to the forums, it updates your Donation Tag

I forgot it did this, and I am no longer a College Slice :negative:

I did, which is why I can no longer donate to the forums :/

I do contribute to the Patreon, though