Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cease to Hope posted:

where did you read this

It was mentioned by Jon Knoles, one of the lead designers and animators of the game, as part of an interview in this detailed video on the whole history of Shadows of the Empire project. The part about originally wanting Boba Fett to be the main character is about 24 minutes in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gsmE_hoNsI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
His closet as a spare.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Dash Rendar is okay.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Dash Rendar is cool and good

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Dash Rendar is cool and good.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Rash Dender

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Who do you think Dash Rendar's Dengar is?

Biff Malibu

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Smash Bendar

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

nine-gear crow posted:

It's been a while since I've posted in this forum. Who the gently caress is Dash Rendar?

What the gonk?!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Sally posted:

finally!! someone who understands the deep rich lore of Dash Rendar!

Does having this stuff give me any credit for understanding and appreciating Dash Rendar?

The cartridge of the game is in another box.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Feldegast42 posted:

who is that loser on the cover of the dash rendar book

Xizor

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
We don’t know that Dash Rendar didn’t gently caress an otter. Maybe it hasn’t been brought up yet.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Jedi Survivor, which is a fun game, has an outfit called “Outrider” you can buy at the first shop you encounter that is essentially Dash Rendar’s iconic look.

Also with some of the hair and facial hair options, you can essentially make Cal into Dash…

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Cerv posted:

surprised anyone could make it as far as the first shop, what with the game being apparently so broken it's unplayable.

I haven’t had any issues on my Xbox Series X :shrug:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Cease to Hope posted:

it seems worrying if people are inheriting his clothes

:actually: based on the timeline, Dash would inherit them from Cal, since Jedi: Survivor is in the period between RotS and ANH. Or Cal sold them or threw them away or they were stolen or whatever and Dash somehow got them later and beefed them up by time Dash enters our hearts.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Same canon, just Dash’s adventures start like 10-15~ years after what Cal is currently doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
El Camino