Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Astro7x posted:

The thing about Ford's dive where he ate poo poo was that it was a taped Raw... they could have had him land on a crash pad, edited in the sound, then cut to the side view of him laying on the ground.

Nope.

That's rather assuming it was a planned spot rather than (as it looked) a fuckup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
You wanted ESPN and you got FS1
Improving to a decline

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Why in the name of god would you pay $60 to watch Mania on Fite or Fox when it's literally $10 on the network. If you have the bandwidth to stream from those sites, why wouldn't you pay the vastly cheaper price?

Don't empty quote me to say why would you watch Mania, this is rhetorical :argh:

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Better things to do that watch Wrestlemania
Play RE3 remake
Play original RE3
Play RE2
Play RE2 remake
Play Witcher 3
Play policenauts
Play snatcher
Play MGS
Play MGS3
Watch The Rutles: All you need Is cash
Watch the entire Beatle Anthology
Sleep
Watch a wall
Read a book
Etc

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Wait. So this sounds like WWE was trying to sell PPV rights to ESPN that they already sold to Fox.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rick posted:

Wait. So this sounds like WWE was trying to sell PPV rights to ESPN that they already sold to Fox.

My interpretation is that WWE is selling old ppvs as content during this sportsless time and they're trying to package in the rights to WM as well and ESPN was like "haha, no" and Fox was like "yeah, we're dumb and desperate."

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
That Montez Ford clip not starting 2 seconds earlier is a crime. You gotta FEEL how intensely he wound up and screamed "WRESTLEMANIAAAAAAAAAAAA"

I feel noone being there when he dives is a metaphor for the wrestlemania crowd.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 31, 2020

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

If this does well for them they are 100% going to try and leverage it to strong arm Fite into not carrying AEW.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

STAC Goat posted:

My interpretation is that WWE is selling old ppvs as content during this sportsless time and they're trying to package in the rights to WM as well and ESPN was like "haha, no" and Fox was like "yeah, we're dumb and desperate."

Yeah you are probably right. The story vaguely suggests this was already part of the package but also a brand new thing.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

No way to be sure right now, but I think they are definitely getting ready to try and put the genie back in the bottle. I figure Manias days on the network and maybe all the other “big name” ppv’s as well are numbered.

Though certainly not for this Mania.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 31, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If they do that and the Network numbers don't collapse that would seem like both an incredibly indictment of the way WWE Network subscribers spend their money and if anyone gives a poo poo about WWE's actual product.

But I think reading into it here is probably a mistake. I imagine they're trying to inflate the numbers because they know WM is going to be a financial disaster and they're already coming off a quarterly report so bad they fired a couple of their top execs to distract from it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

njsykora posted:

If this does well for them they are 100% going to try and leverage it to strong arm Fite into not carrying AEW.

Presumably anyone wrestling-savvy enough to know about Fite is also savvy enough to know they can get it on the Network for cheaper

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Revolution had more hype AND cost less than Wrestlemania. I'd rather rewatch that both Saturday and Sunday nights.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Rarity posted:

Presumably anyone wrestling-savvy enough to know about Fite is also savvy enough to know they can get it on the Network for cheaper
Yeah, I can't really see anyone buying Mania on Fite. Maybe there are some cultists who will decide to spend more money on the show to own the AEWailures, but I'll be very surprised if this does well.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Zeta Acosta posted:

Play RE3 remake
Play original RE3
Play RE2
Play RE2 remake
Play Witcher 3
Play policenauts
Play snatcher
Play MGS
Play MGS3
Sleep
Watch a wall
Read a book
Etc

I'm probably gonna be playing Murder by Numbers and helping my cute robot friend figure out their gender identity questions via picross and illegally solving crimes.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Zeta Acosta posted:

literally anything

Shortened your list for you fam

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Zeta Acosta posted:

Play RE3 remake
Play original RE3
Play RE2
Play RE2 remake
Play Witcher 3
Play policenauts
Play snatcher
Play MGS
Play MGS3
Sleep
Watch a wall
Read a book
Etc

Limp Bizkit>>>The Beatles

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

Shortened your list for you fam

I'll be watching Westworld :woop:

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I’ll be enjoying Wrestlemania the way it is intended to be enjoyed by completely forgetting the Saturday show and occasionally checking results on Sunday night.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

WM32 did 720,000 viewers on ESPN, WM30 did 839,000.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

lmao at paying any money to watch WrestleMania instead of just subscribing to the Network then immediately canceling

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lmao at supporting wwe in any fashion, including subscribing to the network on a free trial

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm less concerned by anyone for spending the money on WM and more for anyone who will waste 2 days watching THAT card in an empty gym.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1244831298490900480

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

still manages to wrestle rey mysterio another dozen times in there somehow

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Still better than his early NXT run

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

OctoberCountry posted:

Still better than his early NXT run

He got to lose to Bobby Roode's entrance

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Instead of watching WM you should see the series DEVS.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Zeta Acosta posted:

you should see the series DEVS.

hell yeah :hai: Alex Garland is a very good scifi director

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lmao they really expect us to pay $60 for that card, in this economy

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Benne posted:

lmao they really expect us to pay $60 for that card, in this economy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdX5UDgQ8x0

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I don't think I'd watch it if they paid me 60 dollars

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Anyone actually paying to watch Wrestlemania this year is a dumb idiot

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fatherofmustard posted:

Limp Bizkit>>>The Beatles

Beatles never played Mania. Checkmate!!

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

wrestlemania season gets more cursed every year and at this rate of escalation, we need to stop this company FAST

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I wouldn't pay $60 to see Wrestlemania X-7 with my memory erased so I don't know the outcomes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CobiWann posted:

Revolution had more hype AND cost less than Wrestlemania. I'd rather rewatch that both Saturday and Sunday nights.

Look dude I know it got better in the back half of season 1, but it's time to let it go.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I paid $30 two times for anarchy rulz 2000 because I forgot to press record on the vcr and had to buy the replay on thursday to record it then. I'm pretty sure that might have been a better value than this ppv experience

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
lmao $60, have fun with that wwe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Raw=1.92 million viewers, down about 700k from last year