Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

If he could get away with showing no wrestling at all and nothing but garbage backstage skits and commercials, he would.

He doesn't have any interest in doing a wrestling show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/h...5c-02857cea4a83 Two people tested positive for coronavirus in the city Mania’s being held in

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DeepDickPizza posted:

Eh. I don't see the upside to having Shayna pin the only other person in the match that isn't an afterthought.

I agree that this is the thing WWE are probably going to do.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Stolen from Puro thread but pray for Kento to break free if this true

https://twitter.com/puffinbrain/status/1234322305649496064

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

A quick translate says that Jun Akiyama is going to do a stint as guest coach at the WWE Performance Centre and there are rumors All Japan has been in talks with WWE about a business partnership.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

A quick translate says that Jun Akiyama is going to do a stint as guest coach at the WWE Performance Centre and there are rumors All Japan has been in talks with WWE about a business partnership.

If true I can see why Jun would look at this is All Japan need cash and NOAH going with Cyberagent probably has spooked them making talks more serious but I don't see All Japan fans looking at this news in a postive light considering the company is still built on tradition/Baba

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Dango Bango posted:

I'm laughing so hard - I just got a YouTube recommendation for a Table for 3 clip and they're doing those at loving Applebee's now? Hahahahaha

i cant believe the final battle will be fought between applebees and tgi fridays

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I'm not an economist, can you give away something for free if said thing has no value?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Grendels Dad posted:

I'm not an economist, can you give away something for free if said thing has no value?
You gave this post away for free.

But it's funny so I guess it doesn't count!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_pVBvzxOQo

Video is live-streaming at the moment. Matt Hardy has let his contract expire. He has not extended. He will be a free agent going forward

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Anyone that brings Matt in as anything other than an agent/manager is stupid because the dude can barely walk/stand up anymore.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

KungFu Grip posted:

Anyone that brings Matt in as anything other than an agent/manager is stupid because the dude can barely walk/stand up anymore.

He's insisting that he be able to wrestle to let out creative juices. He also mentioned that he is incredibly confident he will be back in WWE before he hangs it up. But right now he's gonna survey the landscape. So if he heads to AEW, I don't think it'll be a long term deal.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If he works anywhere outside of WWE he can have more control of his matches, he probably knows what he's capable of in the ring and won't be forced to do really stupid spots/wrestle while hurt like in the WWE. Like he wants to go off and do another Deletion type thing and film it over a weekend that's all on him

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

speaking of hardy bodies breaking down, I remember one week it got reported that jeff was having spinal issues, so he wasn't using the swanton anymore

he had a match on smackdown pretty much the next day where he did the swanton to the apron and the guy moved out of the way so he just ate poo poo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

WWE loving sucks!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Also, if Matt wrestles anywhere else outside WWE, that will just make Vince want him back even more, and add a few 0s to his check when he comes back for the nostalgia pop.

Edit: I am very happy about Southpaw coming back. I pray to lord jesus gently caress that Vince or HHH has nothing to do with it though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

Also, if Matt wrestles anywhere else outside WWE, that will just make Vince want him back even more, and add a few 0s to his check when he comes back for the nostalgia pop.

PWInsider was already saying earlier in the weekend they were starting to offer him stuff involving NXT to try getting him to stay. Clearly it didn’t work, but late attempts were made; they wanted him bad already

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

speaking of hardy bodies breaking down, I remember one week it got reported that jeff was having spinal issues, so he wasn't using the swanton anymore

he had a match on smackdown pretty much the next day where he did the swanton to the apron and the guy moved out of the way so he just ate poo poo

I think he stopped doing swantons on house shows and saves them for TV/PPV. It’s why he was ending more matches with that stunner version of the twist of fate.

Ricochet switched to the codebreaker as a finisher for similar preventive reasons, because it must suck to do a 630 like 5 times a week

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Matt Hardy has let his contract expire, which is why WWE is having Jeff Hardy on like Backstage or something next week as a Proof of Life to try and force Matt to come back.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Riddick Moss is officially the longest reigning 24/7 champion through a mixture of the writers being too busy to write a way for him to lose it and bizarrely he's defending it in regular matches.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/RussellDearest/status/1234330107877064704

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Dango Bango posted:

I'm laughing so hard - I just got a YouTube recommendation for a Table for 3 clip and they're doing those at loving Applebee's now? Hahahahaha

Baron Corbin is assistant to the manager there

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Even Triple H knows better and that's saying something.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Incessant Excess posted:

Even Triple H knows better and that's saying something
He's all in on outpauling paul. Thronebreaker, MJFbooster, Paulexceeder, the american nightmare googly eyes rhodes.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Edit: Read the transcript of the Big Show interview and someone was exaggerating what he said quite a lot. Disregard

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Mar 2, 2020

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Undertaker is such a piece of poo poo person. Hope this garbage company works him into the grave.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
New idea, can’t let go
Want some ink that always shows
Everyone will say “looks sweet”

I sit down, another drink
The time has come to get my ink
I am certain, stars I want, let’s go

(Whoa!)

And Brandi said, when I was sober
Don’t put it on your neck

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

TheKingslayer posted:

Undertaker is such a piece of poo poo person. Hope this garbage company works him into the grave.

I think you posted just as I was editing mine but I read the transcript and it wasn’t as bad as I was lead to believe. Basically Show was just getting a lot of mixed messages and criticism from all sides regarding how he should work, including Taker, and it was getting to him a lot.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I killed the Undertaker

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cavauro posted:

I killed the Undertaker

Thank you Cavauro I alwyas knew you were a cool guy

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

extradite THIS! posted:

I think you posted just as I was editing mine but I read the transcript and it wasn’t as bad as I was lead to believe. Basically Show was just getting a lot of mixed messages and criticism from all sides regarding how he should work, including Taker, and it was getting to him a lot.

Fair enough on that front. He still loves Nazis though, so I'm gonna keep my original statement firm.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

TheKingslayer posted:

Fair enough on that front. He still loves Nazis though, so I'm gonna keep my original statement firm.

Absolutely

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Incessant Excess posted:

Even Triple H knows better and that's saying something.

He'd more likely get an Iron Cross tattoo.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Cavauro posted:

I killed the Undertaker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY2ZE2f0DVw

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Chris James 2 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_pVBvzxOQo

Video is live-streaming at the moment. Matt Hardy has let his contract expire. He has not extended. He will be a free agent going forward

Matt trying to get the heat by calling himself an employee.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Cavauro posted:

I killed the Undertaker

But he's already dead?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Grendels Dad posted:

But he's already dead?

How do you think he got dead?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Dimebags Brain posted:

How do you think he got dead?

He walked there.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like WWE killed all the enthusiasm Matt Hardy had built but like, I wouldn't judge him by what he did in WWE. He was out there in TNA and elsewhere finding ways to be entertaining without having to wrestler more than big overbooked stunt stuff. Its WWE who just threw him back in the ring working the same matches over and over because all they ever wanted was to make sure he couldn't make someone else money.

I mean, as I said, WWE effectively killed my interest in seeing Matt. But I wouldn't be surprised if he can find a way to respark it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

STAC Goat posted:

I feel like WWE killed all the enthusiasm Matt Hardy had built but like, I wouldn't judge him by what he did in WWE. He was out there in TNA and elsewhere finding ways to be entertaining without having to wrestler more than big overbooked stunt stuff. Its WWE who just threw him back in the ring working the same matches over and over because all they ever wanted was to make sure he couldn't make someone else money.

I mean, as I said, WWE effectively killed my interest in seeing Matt. But I wouldn't be surprised if he can find a way to respark it.

remember when wwe did do the broken stuff (but had to change it because wwe) and within like 3 weeks it just became random monkey cheese spoon humor