Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
don't watch world wrestling entertainment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

Lol WWE is giving this match away for free.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1234234829438431234

Ah yes WWE countering AEW's ingenious tactic of "market matches people really obviously want to see multiple weeks in advance and make a big deal out of them" with "throw it out there a day before with no fanfare and probably give it a non-finish"

Wait that's what they've done for a decade, nevermind.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Faint praise but it's still better than Russo-era TNA in that respect, I suppose. They'd book their PPVs to build to Impact.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Abroham Lincoln posted:

i forgot dean ambrose existed

now that jon moxley fella, he seems pretty good

Not sure why you're comparing the two of them, they're completely unrelated characters. Ambrose was a goofy idiot who did stupid poo poo and had terrible worked knees. Moxley's a badass brawler with a sense of humor. Though he also has terrible knees. Maybe that's what made you think of Moxley?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Astro7x posted:

Tell me one good WWE losing streak storyline where the person came out the other side looking better

The only person a losing streak has ever made a bigger star out of in WWE was Curt Hawkins. And then he broke it at Wrestlemania (in the pre-show) and they basically haven't used him since.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

it's because ricochet is small

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Astro7x posted:

Sounds like he came out worst at the end of it.

Yeah that was my point. It sucks every time for every single person with a single exception who it made people give half a poo poo about until right after he broke it because then he lost the only thing that was interesting about him.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Just going to imagine he said this in Borat voice.

I can't ever hear that word in any voice other than Commentary Vince's with EMF playing in the background now thanks to OSW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFdprVJ5zd4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe7oYXSaRfY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrGh55S7kZo

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

With Ricochet it was specifically him referring to Triple H as "dad" which I'm sure was probably a joke but don't call your boss "dad" even in jest, and telling his former colleagues still working the indies to "join the club" or whatever, which again I'm sure he didn't mean as more than a passing remark to a lot of them because it was shortly after he'd joined NXT and he was probably having a much better time but it still left a bad taste in a lot of peoples' mouths. Then of course there's the "you dummy fans are so dumb, you don't know wrestling, we, the wrestlers, are the ones with the wisdom!" stuff, which is hardly unique to him, but it coming immediately before the last 2 weeks is just... you can't say it's not a little funny, in a sad way.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Astro7x posted:

If you hate everyone in WWE that is a racist, and everyone that is a bootlicker... who does that even leave?

Way better wrestling companies

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

do i have to

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

I'd actually buy Dream letting Strong win the match more if it WASN'T a long con master plan and was just "actually hang on, the NXT Champion is here, gently caress this idiot he can win this stupid match I'm getting myself back in the title picture" and he did it purely on a split second decision because he saw the opportunity.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

One weird thing Bryan Alvarez does, he keeps saying all the people who whine about WWE and canceling the network will just be back the next day. Then 3 minutes later he gives a report about raw/smackdown/nxt ratings and network numbers being down. That's.... not being back the next day. Is everyone who said that supposed to update him every week for the rest of their life they're not watching?

In the short term, he's absolutely right. Probably like 90+% of people who get outraged at something WWE does and cancel their subs and stop watching are back within a month or two. Some people hold out longer. But every time this kind of thing happens there's a few people who decide that was actually their breaking point and are for real done, which is how you get these declining numbers year after year. I think the Saudi stuff in particular has accelerated it quite a bit.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

i'm so excited for this company to wither and die

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

fatherofmustard posted:

Bayley is now the longest reigning SD women's champ.

I was going to post "this is probably fine" and then went to look who the longest reigning champion was. It was Charlotte. So yes, this is definitely fine.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Remember when they decided the best way to reintroduce Drew McIntyre to the audience after he'd proven himself on the indies for 2 years, came back and won the NXT Championship, and was finally back on the main roster was as.... Ziggler's heavy, for some reason? For like 7 or 8 months? Fun times.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Why has no clever heel ever challenged Goldberg to an Iron Man match? Surely you could just run away from him for like 6 or 7 minutes and he'd be too tuckered out to be any kind of threat for the remaining 20. If he gets you with a quick Spear+Jackhammer in the first minute or two you can make it up later.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

super macho dude posted:

because wrestling is fake and a work

Yeah but Heyman's thing was to hide weaknesses and showcase strengths. Vince does the opposite, so I'm genuinely shocked he's never tried to make Goldberg go 30+ (not counting the Elimination Chamber he stood around for 20 minutes of)

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

It'd be like the G1 but a lot worse.

but consider: a G1 with the available WWE roster, booked by gedo, under the assumption that the participants give a poo poo about the matches

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

shouts out to STOMPING GROUND

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

John Dudebro posted:

correction: there is no wrestler wwe has hosed up more disastrously in recent history than sami zayn

Remember when PAC was relegated to the Land Of No Upward Momentum, 205 Live, and jobbed out to Enzo Amore?

Dark times.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

John Dudebro posted:

nobody was watching it because nobody ever watched 205 live, but before enzo showed up and ruined everything neville's run as cruiserweight champion was really good. he was doing great character work and having consistently great matches

The 2014-15 NXT run that started with him winning the title at Arrival was the last time I watched a WWE product consistently week to week so trust me I'm well aware how good Neville/PAC is. The running theme with 205 for most of its life (barring the Enzo months) seemed to always be "yeah this show kicks rear end but nobody watches it" which probably includes Vince, which is why it kicked so much rear end.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Dacap posted:

So isn't this IC title match just literally a fatal four way if whoever does the pin gets the title? Other than informal alliances, it's still every man for themselves, the winner can't freebird it.

Handicap matches operate under the same rules as tag matches so they have to tag in and out and can still get DQ'd or CO'd.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Seeing the torrent of hate for Shayna is wild to me because I rather enjoyed her first NXT title run and what I saw of the second, before I gave up on NXT anyway. By the time she dropped it to Rhea I was long gone. All her TakeOver matches were worked well. Crowd tended to be dead for a lot of them but it seemed like it was because they kept putting her matches on right after TUE Tag title matches, which meant the crowd were always exhausted, moreso than her ever having a bad match. Again, for what I saw.

Did something change in the last 6 months or am I the last person to find out about an alwaysbad-ening?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

Her second reign dragged and it felt like she should have dropped the title against either Kairi, Io, or Bianca who she kept beating over and over again. Then she had a bad match with Mia that felt like a double turn because Mia kept cheating in the match? Then a Candice match and her losing to Rhea in a kind of bad match too.

Yeah I think I bailed out shortly after the first Bianca and Io matches.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

I would watch (specific segments of) Raw again for Daniel Bryan's Home For Wayward Indie Signings, featuring Cedric Alexander, Apollo Crews, Drew Gulak, and Mustafa Ali. Chad Gable can come too even though he's not an indie guy.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

goldberg unify the titles

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

why do so many of you still watch this garbage

"hahaha vince is basically daring people to change the channel, what an idiot, doesn't realize he's driving away all the fans. god this is so bad." *continues watching every week*

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

bring back bikertaker

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Rhonne posted:

They did that with Sin Cara, but he was also a masked wrestler, so it was probably easier to get away with.

And also nobody gave a poo poo about Sin Cara.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Or are we meant to think that the landed nobility are the good guys?

It's Vince. What do you think?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

I will be amused from afar by the WWE Gronk Era.

Bringing in MMA fighters is Inokism, bringing in big useless football dudes is Vincism.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

To yearn for the days that Ricochet and Cedric Alexander were jobbing to failed football players.

I was referring to the mid-2000s actually, when they signed a bunch of big useless lumps, shipped 'em to OVW for 8 months and then debuted them on Smackdown, with 95% of them gone by the end of the year.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

goldberg break sammartino's record

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

WrestleMania will be postponed and it will somehow end up being a financial windfall for WWE because this idiot company always falls rear end backward into financial success.

it's going to be this

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

oldpainless posted:

Do any of you truly want to live in a world where there’s no wrestle mania?

yeah that's fine

run an empty arena show where goldberg wrestles 15 guys for the championship, vacating it after every match so he can beat flair in title reigns

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Cavauro posted:

Congrats to the european union. especially lithuania where the illegal train hopping guy i watch on youtube is from i think. cool guy

that dude rules, give him the wwe title and he and goldberg can be top champions for the rest of the 20s

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

ricochet deserves main event (the show not the spot on the card)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

goldberg don't get coronavirus