Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Nobody understands how hard it is to be Matt Hardy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

How could anyone possibly care about this Riott Squadd feud? They were all jobbers as a team and continued to be jobbers after they broke up and now they're all fighting each other.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

So the latest newsletter reported that Vince may be getting cold feet on Shayna again. He was not happy with how the audience reacted to her last Monday. This is the second time he's gotten cold feet with her apparently. The first being at the Rumble. He mentioned this in the preview for the Elimination Chamber match:

A good outcome to this would be for Vince to change it to Asuka winning at EC and beating Becky at WM, that bad outcome would be Liv winning, the worst outcome is somehow getting Charlotte involved.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Ruby winning would be alright, but I don't care at all about Liv or Logan.

I changed my mind, the best outcome would be Kairi taking out Shayna before the match, taking her spot in the Chamber, and winning the whole thing.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It would be pretty hilarious though if after attacking on Becky and Becky talking about how much she wants Shayna to win so she can get her revenge, Shayna just loses at EC and is quietly forgotten.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

:lol: Vik and Big Kon

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

it was cool when the Ascension were stardust's comic villain henchmen for like two weeks five years ago or whatever

I haven't thought about them since

They were great as the Fashion Police's friends/enemies/frenemies.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

CVagts posted:

If COVID-19 keeps spreading, what happens to Wrestlemania and Axxess? Because of what happened with Saudi Arabia I assume that Vince would rather accelerate the spread of a deadly virus throughout the globe than cancel his wrestling show.

Being back the empty arena match, but do it for all of Mania.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

What is TNA even like these days?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do it ironically posted:

I just looked at the matches and it’s uhhhh something alright, no singles men’s chamber?

They were going to have one to determine the #1 contender to the Smackdown title, but then Goldberg won the title and Roman said he's next, so they cancelled it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So if Wrestlemania does end up getting cancelled, what does the WWE do?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They did that with Sin Cara, but he was also a masked wrestler, so it was probably easier to get away with.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Has Gronk had any wrestling training at all or are they just going to throw him on TV and hope he doesn't hurt himself?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

It's from his (at the time) last match in NXT.

Ahh, so he saw a vision of what was to come.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

The pushing point for the WWE (as well as AEW and other wrestling) is if the NHL announces no fans or a suspension as well. Like if Smackdown airs live on Fox Friday night and the XFL this weekend and they're the only "sports" with crowds happening that's gonna get real noticeable.

Well the XFL doesn't have to worry about the crowds bit at least.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you think Vince is looking at all these other leagues canceling their seasons and such and thinking "Haha, YES! Now people will HAVE to watch the XFL!"?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Samoa Joe's ninja kidnappers are back!?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Vince vs the Coronavirus is the most compelling feud they've got going into Wrestlemania.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

To be fair, trying to take the entire wrestling industry down in a flaming heap with him seems like something Vince would try to do.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Intruder posted:

Roman's push is put off for another year yet again

His first push was derailed by injury, then by a suspension, then by cancer, and now by a pandemic, how will they top this next?!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Brokenogre posted:

So wrestlemania isnt canceled yet, how long till saudi arabia offers wwe 50 million dollars or something to do it there

*they will never actually pay them this money, just offer it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The XFL's ratings where already really bad, I can only imagine that suspending the season for a few months will hurt it even more.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Clearly the lesson Vince will take from this is that the WWE needs no live crowd. Empty arena shows from now on!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

If WM gets cancelled, do you think they'll just do all the matches on Raw in front of an empty Performance Center?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm just trying to think of all the over the top Mania entrances they had planned and want to see them trying to do a smaller version of them at the PC.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Now I'm sad Triple H doesn't have a match because I want to see him do his dumb cosplay entrance in front of no one.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Davros1 posted:

They keep hiring Jeff Hardy

People actually care about Jeff Hardy.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

The last time he was hired he was a package deal with Broken Matt, who companies actually wanted

The WWE seemed like they didn't care about Broken Matt at all considering how long it took them to actually do the gimmick, how much the announcers shat on it, and how quickly that ended it.

They just wanted Team Extreme because they were popular during the Attitude Era and the WWE must mine every bit of nostalgia they can.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Everyone else wanted Broken Matt, so they got him so nobody else could have him. He was very popular and in demand on the indies before then due to the TNA Hardy Compound stuff, to the point the last match they had right before coming back was against the Young Bucks

I get if some of you want to give Jeff a seventh chance. Not everyone has to, especially after all the car wrecks

Yeah, that's true. They also had the great gimmick of "win all the tag titles in the indies"

I still think the WWE would still hire Jeff back on his own just because he was a popular act from their past.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

:lol: :lmao: :lol:

Rhonne posted:

I'm just trying to think of all the over the top Mania entrances they had planned and want to see them trying to do a smaller version of them at the PC.

I'M GONNA GET MY WISH!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I will not watch WM at the PC, but I will watch youtube videos of any dumb, over the top entrances they attempt at the PC.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I watched part of SD. There's barely enough room in that gym to toss around a football. If they set off fireworks everyone will die.

It will be hilarious if they set off their big dumb fireworks display around the PC like they usually do for the arenas.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

There was only one actual match at the PC. Feels like they'd be better off just doing weeks of segments/promos/replays in a studio instead of bothering with the empty arena.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I still don't know why they have all those seats set up for no one. At least fill them with some staff or something. Or maybe not have them at all.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Anything actually interesting or weird that happens at PCmania will just be replayed on the Raws and Smackdowns following it in order to fill time.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Maybe they realized they couldn't have too many people backstage at once, so they cut the show in half so they would have less people around both nights?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

Also, as a comedy answer. With the re-writing history, WWE has proven it is willing to bald face lie to it's TV audience with regards to what the crowd is doing, (muting mics, piping in chants, that time when Roman won something and they cut to an audience member from earlier in the show celebrating something else. Although I am iffy on the details of that last one.). Why doesn't Vince just do the show in the performance centre, and then use the magic of Kevin Dunn's genius editing to cut to shots of previous crouds reacting exactly the way he wants them to?

https://twitter.com/halfkaypodcast/status/1240301800307093509

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

I feel like WWE absolutely HAS to rip off what AEW did tonight and put some wrestlers in the stands if they are doing any matches. Wrestling with zero ambient crowd noise is just too weird and even a little bit of people yelling makes such a big difference.

(I know that’s treading a little on the don’t talk about AEW rule, but it’s more about what WWE should do moving forward)

The thing is, Vince is such a control freak about what every wrestler says and does that the idea of just letting a few of them hang out in the audience and say whatever must fill him with such a deep feeling of disgust.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Each location will have a piece of what would have been the real Wrestlemania stage and it'll be up to the viewers to put them together and imagine what could have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

What the fucccckkkkkkkk is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA0_sQ5r8Qg

You can't convince me this isn't a parody video making fun of bad sitcoms.

So do they all just call him the Big Show in the show itself or do they say his real name too?