Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

What would Drew Gulak know about beating Daniel Bryan

Drew Gulak is a jobber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Still a big fan of them pretending a news outlet scooped their big match

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

WWE assumes nobody ever watches NXT or cares about any of the feuds they set up in it. See: Gargano/Ciampa, Asuka/Anyone

This cuts against their desire to have a lot of people watch NXT so it will crush AEW.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Gaz-L posted:

And their assumption that everyone watches NXT so they don't really need to explain who anyone is or what their gimmick is... or that no-one does and they can just totally repackage them, depending on what direction the butterfly in a jar that runs things in Stanford is flying that moment.

CAN IT BE?

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

If he could get away with showing no wrestling at all and nothing but garbage backstage skits and commercials, he would.

He doesn't have any interest in doing a wrestling show.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

"contributions to sports entertainment" is the dumbest loving phrase

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder with the creation of NXT Japan on the horizon, if Kairi would consider going there.

A condition of the sale will be if Kairi joins them she has to job incessantly

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Earlier when Drew laid out Brock on the ramp, they cut away to the crowd needlessly and missed him kipping up like a boss

I wish I could be as bad at my job as Kevin Dunn is at his

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Vandar posted:

It's almost like turning Kairi heel was a bad idea. Shocking, I know.

Kairi is an incredible heel, but she's an incredible pro wrestler. It's well-trodden territory but good lord have they loving botched every second of her main roster call-up. Just a parade of garbage decisions made seemingly to spite the audience for daring to care about what they watch.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Vandar posted:

She's good at playing a heel but when 90% of the women's roster feels like heels and when she has a super over pirate gimmick... :argh:

If they had any sort of a track record for planning things out, I'd accuse them of turning her heel just to screw with everyone saying she should use the Pirate Ship at the stadium for Wrestlemania.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

With the exception of Lacey, I'm not sure if any of their workers are truly "bad" because WWE goes out of their way to drain any personality or unique style from their entire roster

Anyone could theoretically be amazing and we'd never know because of what they force every wrestler to be

Lacey is objectively horrible though and would be horrible in any company in any context

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

imagine going to wrestlemania

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

A pension fund that invests in WWE is suing them for not collecting the money and then misrepresenting it

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Jerusalem posted:

I wish I hadn't been financially responsible and had forked out the cash to go to Wrestlemania 30 in New Orleans, and seen the final ever episode of WWE :unsmith:

I've been to two! Imagine going now or to any of them since 30

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Oh for sure. If I were anywhere near Tampa I'd go to check out the DDT/TJPW stuff.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

nah

Cena refuses to participate in the gimmick as usual

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Remember when they had someone with a pirate princess gimmick and they changed her character prior to the pirate-themed Wrestlemania

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

God, Kairi has S-tier charisma. Please get her out of WWE

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Hopkins FBI posted:

Do you think Vince/Heyman will ever have the four Latino guys on Raw do anything besides fight each other over and over again?

team them up and put them on fuckin lawnmowers

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Mojo getting his football buddies gigs only to have them get better treatment than he does is a fun trend

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I saw a gif of Charlotte loving up her move on the ring post

I saw a second gif of what appears to be Gargano breaking his loving shoulder

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Calling Satin a barnacle is hilarious. gently caress that dude!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I'm sure he put all that training in and maximized his natural talent for years and excelled in japan and all around the world to fulfill his dream of being a jobber idiot in WWE

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Pay your child support already, you suckass dweeb

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

"equal to or better than Wrestlemania" is a thing they literally were forced to say on air repeatedly for the first blood money show.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

yeah that's right, I forgot

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Part 2 of the Vice thing on Benoit was pretty amazing. Poor David. Jesus, poor Chavo.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I get all of my WWE info from this thread and the gifs that get posted on twitter. I stick around because goofing on WWE's trash decisions and reminiscing about the past is fun and funny.

Over the past year I've switched to watching NJPW, AEW, DDT/TJPW, and STARDOM and all of those are better-booked promotions with better match quality and better character work. And I don't speak the language most of them are in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

That Drew promo is profoundly lame.