Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Good thread title IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dell_Zincht posted:

They replaced the grating with padding a few years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnlE_HEKuc0

The juiced audio when Roman wins is hilarious

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If they cancel March Madness, we riot

I'm glad Renee isn't on Raw anymore, I can't imagine the kind of poo poo Vince would be in her ear to say to downplay Mox

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Vandar posted:

It's almost like turning Kairi heel was a bad idea. Shocking, I know.

I thought Vince was on record as saying women aren't faces or heels and they're basically all just catty

Natalia of course took this to the logical extreme

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Blaise330 posted:

Nah, not serious as in "to be taken seriously". Its that they changed the format. They like schedule matches for it now instead of having it be in skits because Mojo wanted to do a fighting champ gimmick. Once Riddick won they never switched back. The real shame is that they're so creatively bankrupt that after the first few months they cant think of anything other than "conga line of people chase the champ, someone wins with rollup". Like they got the freedom to do any stupid rear end idea they have with this massive undercard and get to have some fun but they can't come up with anything.

First 2 or so months with the 24/7 title was pretty neat to give some new guys chances to do lighthearted stuff but Drake killed it with the consummate marriage thing going on waaay too long then the 24/7 skits kinda stopped completely.

Has Mojo even been on TV since losing the belt after making such a big deal about how important it was to him?

STAC Goat posted:

Sometimes I remember that Uhaa Nation is on the WWE roster.

So does creative, but not often

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Does he need to be?

His friend and bodyguard turned on him and took his belt and welp he was never seen again

I mean I don't expect that much storytelling for the 24/7 belt I guess and who cares about Mojo but still

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

I agree its bad booking, but I was making a joke about how he was only on TV for Gronk and he didn't need to be there once it was XFL season.

Fair enough

I do care more about Mojo than I do about loving Riddick Moss, admittedly, but I guess Mojo didn't sign a five year deal

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

I would be shocked if Nia is actually pushed in a meaningful fashion when she returns. She wasn't very mobile before her injury. But now she is going to be even worse after having torn both her ACLs.

And she can easily be replaced in terms of size and strength these days. They have Piper Niven and Raquel Gonzalez (even if Raquel is almost as bad as Nia) they could always call up.

I mean I am sure they will try and push Nia, but its going to fall apart.

How related to Rock are either of them?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

I mean that's not a high bar to clear. And I'm pretty hopeful she'll be at least decent on the mic considering her dad was probably the best in the world when it came to promos.

Where Charlotte is basically Ric Flair Lite except bad. And then she gets mad when people compare her to her father.

Ric is right up there with Rock though, except he didn't have to rely on a bunch of attitude era edginess to work a crowd

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

As usually I don't really know what Matt is saying but it was nice to see Senor Benjamin again.

Senor Benjamin looks like he's slimmed down

Good for him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I still can't believe that loving spider

Props to Rowan for being a pro and playing it straight but maybe he shouldn't have

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I thought Steph was supposed to be Paige at first, or maybe AJ

Becky has the steampunk goggles which I'm down with. Bring em back!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sandman McMahon posted:

I kinda understand the hate Charlotte gets around here. The TLC Match was one of the more hosed up things I’ve seen from this industry in a long time and the Genetically Suprior thing is absolutely questionable (although, come on guys, this isn’t a “Charlotte is Nazi/White Supremacy” thing, it’s a “there really should have been a POC at the table when this idea came up” thing. Unless it was her idea I struggle to pin this on Charlotte. It’s not like she painted her daughter to be a racist werewolf or something.) And I get being mad at nepotism, I just can’t really muster the energy to care about it when the end result is “wrestler I don’t like is pushed over wrestler I do like.”

Not saying anyone is wrong for feeling any or all of those things at all, just saying they don’t really do it for me personally. Well TLC does, but as of right now that’s only happened once, people make mistakes. If that poo poo happens again then sure, she’s on my cancelled list.

But the hate Ricochet gets is super weird to me. Like, a bunch of other (mostly white) people get to do their art elsewhere and then go to WWE to get paid, but all of a sudden Ricochete is a cop bootlicker chud because he’s happy to be working for Vince? This dude doesn’t owe anyone anything and if he’s happy getting paid to be on the bad show then... that’s totally fine?
I dunno. Maybe he said/did something I’m not aware of, but this poo poo just seems weird to me.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t this her ring gear early on?

Charlotte's ex said she's a massive racist apparently? But then again it could just be a vindictive ex so I'm not going to say it's true

Being mad at nepotism in the wrestling industry seems like a huge lost cause

Seth gets as much if not more poo poo than Ricochet, I don't think it's a race thing. People just don't like him saying that WWE is cool and good

Becky's early ring gear were these weird striped bloomers that sort of resembled a skirt

Intruder fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 5, 2020

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

WWE failed Seth in the same way they failed Roman

When he was hot and the crowd wanted him, they waited until the crowd stopped caring for his big push

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

They failed Seth like once, maybe twice

Reigns is still getting failed regularly. He's coming right off a nothing feud with Corbin, just to be booed against Goldberg in another Mania coronation attempt

Eh Roman got a pretty good pop last Friday while Goldberg got a 50/50 reaction

It was weird

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Blaise330 posted:

If anything, having 6-7 mania matches centered around part timers (if beth having a match too is true) is the best time to at least get roman some work ethic respect at the very least if the smark crowd is on the gently caress part timers bandwagon

The last time they did that Roman got cancer

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Seth's clean, dominant win over Brock was fantastic and it bugs me deeply that it ultimately ended up being completely pointless to such a degree that Seth straight up said as much in a promo.

That doesn't bother me nearly as much as Roman retiring Taker, Taker leaving his gear in the ring, breaking kayfabe and going to his wife in an emotional and perfect career ending moment, then coming back to put on some garbage matches for Saudi blood money

e: nevermind that Taker should have never wrestled again after his second Mania match against HHH

Intruder fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 5, 2020

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Astro7x posted:

If you hate everyone in WWE that is a racist, and everyone that is a bootlicker... who does that even leave?

Bray?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Punk lost a lot of credibility when he called Renee a jabroni

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Getting WCW's tape library and name without having to take on any of the contracts is one of the last actual savvy things Vince has done

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dacap posted:

As soon as they implied whatever was inside was alive by having it bite someone’s face the gimmick was done, there was literally no satisfying or logical conclusion that could come from it. If they didn’t do that it could have at least ended up being an object with some kind of symbolism for the character

It could have still been Mercy the buzzard but alas

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

Love every WWE wrestler having to say some variation on "it's your fault for not enjoying our product" every time the booking sucks.

They keep saying if you don't like it don't watch it even though less and less people are watching it

Seems like a bad idea

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

There's a chance we could see Charlotte try to potato Shayna which would be interesting

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

How long has WWE been doing that thing where someone's cutting a backstage promo and the TV camera cuts to showing the crowd watching it on the tron? That annoys me so much

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Someone is going to have coronavirus confirmed and Vince will respond by booking them in the ARMBAR

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Alaois posted:

remember when dolph ziggler's finisher was a sleeper hold

WWE has two unstoppable monsters whose finishers are sleeper holds :shrug:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Incessant Excess posted:

Natalya vs. Liv Morgan vs. Shayna Baszler vs. Asuka vs. Ruby Riott vs. Sarah Logan
Braun Strowman (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Cesaro, and Sami Zayn
The Miz and John Morrison (c) vs. The New Day vs. The Usos vs. Heavy Machinery vs. Lucha House Party vs. Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode
The Street Profits (c) vs. Seth Rollins and Murphy
Aleister Black vs. AJ Styles
Andrade (c) vs. Humberto Carrillo
Daniel Bryan vs. Drew Gulak

Where is the main event??

Black vs Styles would be a great main event but

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Incessant Excess posted:

AJ hasn't had a great PPV match in I don't even know how long.

AJ doesn't want to kill himself for a dying company a second time

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Or Ricochet

AJ stopped putting on good matches as soon as he stopped being in the title picture so can we call him a sandbagger at this point

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: meh this is all conjecture

Intruder fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 8, 2020

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Looking at the card, Elimination Chamber might be a contender for worst PPV of all time

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

:havlat: Just a friendly reminder that while she still lost, Kairi put up more of a fight against Shayna than any other woman in this match :havlat:

Racism! :v:

God what a waste of a Sunday evening

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Incessant Excess posted:

Raw will have at least one good segment tonight

Good lord this picture makes Edge look 60 years old

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Vince, the ratings are down

"Ugh, fine, make the next Goldberg squash even faster"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Incessant Excess posted:

I wanna see Goldberg vs Ricochet just for the spear, maybe also a new crying Ricochet face as a bonus.

Who would be the random dude to Regal him and make him look like poo poo?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Incessant Excess posted:

Roman Reigns when they botch the jackhammer.

It's only a full Regal if it's someone going into business for himself, a botch doesn't cover it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

NXT from a couple years ago when it was still pretty good. It was Young, Nikki Cross, I want to say Sawyer Wolfe? I dunno, it was a bunch of interchangeable other people, one of whom is back in TNA I think.

Of all of them Killian Dain is the one you forget?

Nice to meet you Mr McMahon

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hopkins FBI posted:

Do you think Vince/Heyman will ever have the four Latino guys on Raw do anything besides fight each other over and over again?

They'll occasionally be murdered by Brock/Drew/AJ

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What happened to Taker's Mania feud with Dr Disrespect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Holy poo poo this is fuckin infuriating. And one fan replies "I agree, people are panicking and exaggerating. I want a kiss too"

If you gotta go, would you rather go having been kissed by Angel Garza or having never been kissed by Angel Garza?