Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Mr. Carlisle posted:

One of the weirdest things about modern WWE is that every match follows the same structure down to the dive to commercial spots and timing of the rest holds etc

It's wild that they not only took away the ability of wrestlers to write their own promos and get good at delivering their own material but they took away their ability to express themselves in the ring and they now have to follow the same cookie cutter pre-rehearsed on the night template for every match they have. I feel like if Vince could replace the entire roster with wrestle robots that all follow the same exact program every night he would.

It's soul-less, void of fun and how can you be excited when you see the same match between the same people nearly spot for spot for weeks at a time?

cues that Shinsuke Nakamura tweet of "I just wanna feel alive"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Chris James 2 posted:

:agreed:

If you want another bright side that isn't the entirety of my earlier/correct post: ZSJ and Kota knew this poo poo was coming from the start just from four matches in a tournament, and said no :swoon:

when kota ibushi is making smarter decisions than you, you know you hosed up

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
they're just trying to injure her so she can't leave..
I'm just joking but this company is indeed spiteful so I wouldn't be surprised!

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
vince's hypnosis machine working overtime on riccochet

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It's more an indictment against lovely writing and inauthenticity than anything else. AEW has had promos ranging from ok to spectacular and I can't recall them ever getting What'd once because the crowd is way too busy being into the fuckin promo and wanting to hear more

'What' doesn't mean 'gently caress you' it means 'this is boring as hell'

I think I recall it happening to someone during one of the earlier dynamite shows but I haven't heard it since. which is refreshing!

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
this ryan satin guy is making me ill. but it's also very funny.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Rarity posted:

J-Ru never cared about the Punchsport Peeps Universe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
so is he bikertaker or deadman taker? seems like he's both somehow.