Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Incessant Excess posted:

Welcome..............to Twitch season nnnnhghghnngnn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSdHH92KOnY

I really want Undertaker's mania match to be against a twitch streamer. Please make it happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

TriffTshngo posted:

Faint praise but it's still better than Russo-era TNA in that respect, I suppose. They'd book their PPVs to build to Impact.

I mean I feel like there was a period 12-18 months ago where WWE was booking their PPVs to build Raw/SD. Now it's kinda like they through a bunch of people and keywords in Total Extreme Wrestling and let it do whatever the gently caress they want. There's no build, there's no story, and everything changes to week to week.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Intentionally losing a cage match for a title just to attack a champion that you can attack any time you want is truly some WWE brainworm bullshit.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Grendels Dad posted:

When I read that my imagination painted a picture of Dream sowing dissenion among UE. Like, he 'let' Strong get away with his belt to focus on Cole, so when Cole next tries to use Strong as a human shield, possibly at the cost of Strong's title, Strong might realize what a selfish prick Cole is.

Disclaimer: I haven't watched NXT in ages and probably wont watch again any time soon, not least of all because I'm sure my imagination is better.

He apparently just pushed Strong out of the cage to let him win and then used that opportunity to attack Cole. I don't watch WWE either but this is based on clips and summaries I saw. It seems like there are much better ways to get what they wanted but they took the dumbest path to it.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

I am very sorry for Paige's problems, both health wise and personal relationship choices.

I don't think Strong has a title anymore? So like Dream just picked a fight with Strong, antagonized him by being a creepy perv about his wife, took beatdowns from TUE, and manipulated the situation to get a cage match with him all on the chance he could get Adam Cole in the cage?

I almost want to watch it to see if it makes more sense than that.

Oh my bad. I totally forgot he didnt have the NA belt anymore.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

So is this an update to a previously known situation or are they putting out a casting call and character change for a dude when they're three loving weeks from Wrestlemania?

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

They're gonna have him jump Roman to build an immediate title feud.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

oldpainless posted:

Do any of you truly want to live in a world where there’s no wrestle mania?

Well The Collective said they're running their shows regardless so maybe?

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

I have 100 shares of WWE

You should have sold at $98.00 because it'll hit zero before it breaks $50.00 again.

Cerebral Bore posted:

WWE is a cancer on the industry and the idea that it going under would take everybody else along with them is loving laughable.

I said this in a twitter thread but WWE is an outlier. They're huge and their pay is the highest of any organization (albeit still too low), but if WWE really had an impact on the industry why has pay not risen everywhere else? The only lasting impact they've had is they killed Britwres dead and then pissed on it. They try doing it in Japan so those companies start consolidating to protect themselves from WWE. It's really fascinating to watch.

You could also argue that people who consume WWE (Excluding people who hate watch the product but don't give them money) don't consume much outside of WWE. Isn't the anecdotal data we have that there is very little crossover between hardcore WWE fans and other wrestling orgs?

If there wasn't a pandemic happening right now I'd be intrigued to see what a Mania week for Wrestlecon/The Collective looks like without Mania. I feel like there are a good deal of people who were flying in just for those shows and not even going to Mania.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

explosivo posted:

Odds of tonight's show featuring a post-911 style "The American spirit is strong and we've overcome adversity before we just need to believe" video package?

Zero because Vince doesn't believe sickness is real.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

SatoshiMiwa posted:

WWE gonna leave it up to the county to cancel mania LAMO

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/florida-county-may-have-%E2%80%98pull-plug%E2%80%99-wrestlemania-if-wwe-doesn%E2%80%99t-306556

This gonna be high on the next NY64 huh

If the county cancels Mania and the surrounding events they qualify as force majeure which means most of the building contracts are covered for the indie feds. So while I'm sure WWE has a carny rear end reason for playing chicken, this would be a good probably the best outcome for the indies sort of covid-19 just magically ceasing to exist.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Sono posted:

Why can't they give us the cooking show with Big Show's (real) wife that was part of the Network pitch? Everybody's stuck at home, and she clearly knows how to cook well and in bulk.

Because that wouldn't suck and be objectively terrible. That appears to be their content mission at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Man the back half of that article is a borderline hit piece. I wonder if outside investors are trying to pressure them.